Board » Aegyptus

Posted By Topic » Musician and Standard question
Aegis
Group: Site Member
Member: 2183
Total Posts: 8
Posted: Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I read in the Olympus rules what musicians Heralds do for Spartans' but my Basti warriors have a standard and a musician, I have not been able to find what benefit musicians and standards have in Aegyptus.

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 8:23 PM
You need to see page 30 of the rulebook

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Tjaroy
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Musicians and standards are well worth the 10 points you pay for them. A standard gives you a +1 on all Rout tests. Very important after you have lost over 50% of the unit. Musicians adds a +1 to all saves against disorder checks very useful. Hope that helps.

Norcal Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

Aegis
Member: 2183
Total Posts: 8
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 4:55 PM Edited on 2014-07-08 16:58:04.0
Ah, I see it now, couldn't see it for looking. I have the Basti catnip warband deal and the Basti skirmisher warband deal to which I added another Basti warrior unit and a Asar spearmen unit. What would be the best way to organize and use this warband? Also I was thinking of adding another Basti archer unit and some Sobeki, probably a unit of warriors and the beloved.

With what I have I was thinking if the archers killing things while the spearmen kept things that got too close to the archers tied up. The Basti warrior skirmishers would be fast response and make hit and run attacks.

Tjaroy
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 09, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Well I would certainly add the Sebeki & the Beloved to your Warband. The Beloved on the flank of your Warband will give your opponent something to worry about. With your unit of Sebeki make sure to give them large shields because they will get a lot of missile fire directed at them. And with their natural armor that will give them a 5+ save vs missiles.

Well you have two different Harbingers so you can use the one you like the most. You also have two Master of Words your Warband can only field one at at time, so you can use the one you like the most. I have found that for Basti archers you need to give them medium armor and place a Basti Hero with them for that extra Disc save. Also two hand weapons will raise their Def +1 which could keep a few more a live. The Skirmish Cat ladies are a little harder to use because if you play them in a skirmish formation they can only use light armor. The ladies also need a Hero with them for the extra Disc save. Your Cats cost to much to loose so do everything you can to make them safe.

With your Asar spearmen my sure to give them medium armor and large shields and they should always be out in front of your archers. Make your opponent fire at them, oh and also make sure they have a Standard for the +1 rout save. Place your camp followers bonus with your Basti archers they will need the help.

Basically the less times your Basti have to make Rout saves the better. If your Basti are in melee they are already in trouble. So do not be afraid of running away if need be. And make sure you enter the provocation with other Harbinger only after you have soften them up with bow fire. Because of 6" basic move you should not be caught by the enemy Harbinger. and you also have a Priest that can give your Harbinger an amulet adding +1 Mv for Mv of 7". So if you Fast Advance you can move 14", chariots will have a hard time catching you.

The one thing that can really hurt your plans is the Sub plot Sand Storm and the Spell Cloudburst. But the spell Arrows a Blaze is a very good friend to you, with the + 2 damage modifier it really make Basti archers a huge threat.

Hope this helps To be a good Basti player you need to use all your tricks.

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:50 PM
What Tony said above...

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy