Board » Miniature Painting, Conversions and Scenery

Posted By Topic » Totanem palette?
hazpak
Group: Site Member
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Hi, I'm looking for inspiration for painting my totanem. What colours have others used? Any hints for painting stone effects?

Cheers Haz

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1666
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM
When I painted mine (the unit with hand weapons in the Croc store) I used a base stone grey, and mixed a little bit of a different color into each guy's paintjob - so that they all had a stony feel but slightly different colors.

I've seen some other cool effects though, hopefully someone will share some more...

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Saturday, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
To-tanem photo To-tanem.jpg

These are my To-tanem. I went with a granite theme. I looked up the various granite colors out there and decided to go with grey, black, and red.

The technique I went with was base black, then either of the three colors I chose, followed by 3 dry brush phases getting lighter with each one. After that the final step was flicking white, then black paint on to create the speckels. After that I painted the rest of the mini.Hope this helps.

Next up is a marble skinned Demigod. I'll get some photos of him up once he's complete.

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Liammaison
Member: 25638
Total Posts: 9
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 08, 2022 at 4:47 PM
Good evening! Our services https://topessaybrands.com/review/studybay/ extend to all corners of the world whether you reside in USA, Canada, Europe , Germany, Australia, New Zealand , UAE or any other country in the two hemispheres and require essays written reliable, credible and affordable custom essay writing services are a tap away

anafetta
Member: 26135
Total Posts: 9
Posted: Friday, Jul 15, 2022 at 7:34 AM
Over the years, my rssay writer evolved into the premier online essay writing service.

samlow1997
Member: 26090
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Monday, Aug 08, 2022 at 4:11 PM
Our site freepaperwriter com will gladly assist everyone in writing an essay. By placing an order on time, agreeing with the contractor all its details and subtleties, you can confidently provide the teacher with a job and successfully defend it, and we, in turn, guarantee a decent quality of our work

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy