Board » Olympus

Posted By Topic » Olympus Book?
SKicks
Group: Site Member
Member: 1708
Total Posts: 10
Posted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM Edited on 2013-03-28 20:14:10.0
Shut up and take my money

Said in love, of course. And anticipation. And I need Amazons. But mostly love.

Shadows3
Member: 1869
Total Posts: 15
Posted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I am waiting for this kickstarter,going to start saving for this epicness :)

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 3:22 AM
I would like to suggest as a perk, Frost maidens.... (yes I know they are not olympus)

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 3:45 AM Edited on 2013-03-29 03:46:35.0
Akenatum said:
I would like to suggest as a perk, Frost maidens.... (yes I know they are not olympus)
New Hyperborea and Aegyptus minis are not going to be a part of the Kickstarter -- sorry about that!

The good news is that I plan on working on some Frostmaidens in the latter part of this year (with hopes of having them available next winter.)

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Yikes! Amazons AND Trojans! I will not be able to sit still until these are on my table top, very exciting news!

Tjaroy
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Sweet Trojans & Amazons I will be getting Warbands of both.

Thanks Croc

Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

drunkendwarf
Member: 99
Total Posts: 69
Posted: Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I'm in!

DJ

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Osiris said:
Akenatum said:
New Hyperborea and Aegyptus minis are not going to be a part of the Kickstarter -- sorry about that!

The good news is that I plan on working on some Frostmaidens in the latter part of this year (with hopes of having them available next winter.)

hehe i was a little bit joking with my post, but the fact that you are going to be working on them is pretty awesome, looking forward to upcoming olympus stuff :)

Mordante
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Why not roll the Frost Maidens into the kickstarter as a stretch goal after the greek models and book gets funded? Looking at other Kickstarters, that is the way to get things done...more good stretch goals means more funding. I'm not particularly interested in the greeks but I'd be willing to fund it for the book alone, and would love the option to add funding for some added frost maiden models or some of the long awaited missing Aegyptus range.

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 5:24 PM
The only thing I would say with this is to be careful with making the Kickstarter too complex - as someone has to do the packaging at the end :-P

The other request I have is that when you've worked out your estimated shipping date that you pad it a bit, . Most of the miniatures/games related kickstarters I've seen have failed to deliver on time (often delayed by at least 3 months), so if you pad the shipping date then any unforeseen delays can be ameliorated....

I will most likely back the kickstarter for the book at least, perhaps other things depending on how it is structured and shipping costs...

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 8:30 PM Edited on 2013-04-02 20:32:58.0
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm trying to organize the Kickstarter to be as straightforward as possible, I don't want to promise more than I can deliver on time.

Mordante, if the Kickstarter is very successful we could be in a position where we could take on some additional sculptors. But... at this point I have no idea what level of support we'll get, so we'll have to see how the program goes. I can say that the initial goal and the first stretch goals are planned for the Olympus book and models -- once these are achieved we could certainly add in other goals, and we'll certainly need player input on where to go (assuming we get to that stage). But it all starts with raising the capitol to complete and print the Olympus book. If we can achieve that early, anything is possible!

--Fitz

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3016
Posted: Friday, Apr 05, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Might I suggest Atlantis minis as a stretch goal? (;

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

S. Lacy
Member: 1184
Total Posts: 33
Posted: Saturday, Apr 06, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Well.

I'm in.

Amazons?

Trojans?

Yep.

Any chance of additional special characters? Achilles, Ajax of Salamis, Paris, Hector or maybe even Helen?

Just curious....

S. Lacy
Member: 1184
Total Posts: 33
Posted: Saturday, Apr 06, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Any chance of a preview?

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 8:20 AM
S. Lacy said:
Any chance of a preview?
At this point I would just love to know what the final faction list is going to be. I like adding character models from other lines to increase diversity in my armies. Having a hint or two as to what is coming is always nice as I can start looking for those extra minis earlier and get a handle on where I might want to take an army.

I am actually enjoying the anticipation of wondering things like what mythic units/beasts are going to be in the book, will we see cavalry of any variety, what will the war altars of the other factions look like when they come out, etc.? I cannot say I am always happy with the pace of things on Wargods but this kind of waiting just makes me want to paint stuff more. i have basically shelved my other projects, including Aegyptus and Wendigo and collected up all my Olympus stuff into one space. Once my thesis goes in next Monday, provided my committee signs off on the changes I was encouraged to make, my truly free time will be about painting everything from Spartans and Mycenaeans to mythic beasts and triremes.

tombking
Member: 1125
Total Posts: 87
Posted: Thursday, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Chris

This is great news. June is just 2 months away. Even though u dont know the response for the kickstarter, I would still recommend having plenty of stretch goals planned in case the KS blows out of proportion. Also I agree with u on opening another thread for the kickstarter where the community can give feedback and u can put some images to create hype and excitement. Chances are this will show up on other sites like tabletopgamingnews.com etc and will help pick more people up. Even though u dont want to have aegyptus and hyperboria in there, I would still recommend it as an addon as people can increase their pledge by adding some cool models. Give a discount and u will have a winner. :)

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Thanks for all the comments and feedback so far guys!

I've mainly been focused on the models the last few months, but over the next week I'm going to start trying to work out the actual program plan. It is very reassuring to see you guys are supportive of this. I'll try and post some sort of an update on all of this with some fun details this weekend...

Dreadaxe
Member: 38
Total Posts: 1036
Posted: Sunday, Apr 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
SKicks said:
Shut up and take my money
+1

---------------
Dreadaxe
WarGods_Fr : Y!G | Blog | Photo Gallery
Map player locator T³

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy