Board » Olympus

Posted By Topic » Olympus Book?
Shadows3
Group: Site Member
Member: 1869
Total Posts: 15
Posted: Sunday, Mar 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Is there any plans for a Olympus book in the near future? I noticed that there is many minis for it but no book :( also what can be next for wargods after Olympus?......Midgard maybe :)

RatBot
Member: 1480
Total Posts: 14
Posted: Sunday, Mar 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM Edited on 2013-03-24 19:50:03.0
There's no big rulebook for it, but if you go here http://www.crocodilegames.com/crocTales.cfm you can download rules for the Olympian Warbands. I don't know if they intend to produce a full-fledged book for the Olympians.

I'd personally like to see Midgard or Babylon next, but there's tons of places they could go.

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Sunday, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM Edited on 2013-03-24 22:02:26.0
Rules for Sparta, Mycenea, and the Titans are all available in our online webzine Croc Tales.

Croc Tales Downloads

We've been working on a complete Olympus book for a long time. We're planning a Kickstarter project in the beginning of June to fund the production costs, so we can get it printed. I'll be posting more info on this in the coming weeks!

Shadows3
Posted: Sunday, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I have downloaded the rules and it looks like there will be a book one day for it Just have to buy more minis to make it happen

Shadows3
Posted: Sunday, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Oh I didnt see your post Osiris! That is awesome news Count me in on the kickstarter!!

Kiljoy
Member: 144
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Sounds great can't wait

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Monday, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Such good news.

2013 seems to be my year. I am defending my thesis this Friday, I just got a new phone. I get to spend this weekend working on 200+ Spartans. Reaper Bones stuff arriving soon. And now this. I love 2013 so far.

Fenrihr
Member: 92
Total Posts: 144
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Please keep us posted on the kickstarter project!!

...to finally see Olympus :-)

---------------
Morituri Nolumus Mori.. - ..we who are about to die don't want to

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM Edited on 2013-03-26 19:49:57.0
Osiris said:
Rules for Sparta, Mycenea, and the Titans are all available in our online webzine Croc Tales.

Croc Tales Downloads

We've been working on a complete Olympus book for a long time. We're planning a Kickstarter project in the beginning of June to fund the production costs, so we can get it printed. I'll be posting more info on this in the coming weeks!

Frack yes that's what i've been waiting to hear. Consider me signed up for crocodile games kickstarters..

Edit: wow that word wasn't filtered had to edit it....

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3016
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Kickstarter is where I've been spending most of my gaming $$ the last year or so. I'm definitely in for the Olympus Kickstarter!

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM
hey CBP3, I am leary of kickstarters in general - I have never actually participated in one but live in fear that my investment could be lost. Can you tell us a little about your experience to calm my nerves?

And Chris, what I have seen in other Kickstarter programs are multiple offerings at different pledge levels - are you planning the same with new models or just the rule book? Already published models? no models at all? I am just curious about all of this.

Barry

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3016
Posted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Thus far I have backed Roebeast's 2 Zombie Plague ones (minis are supposed to start shipping in a few days on the second one), Sedition Wars (got the first part of the game box and extra minis not too far off from estimated date), DreamForge Leviathan and troopers (first part shipped out pretty close to when it was supposed to) and Reaper's Bones (supposed to be shipping very soon). There are some others that are still months off in their delivery but the people behind them have been providing progress updates regularly so I'm not worried.

If you're leery of KS it's probably best to stay away from it. Unless you're really fired up about the project you can wait until it hits the shelves. Personally I see Kickstarter as a pre order with some extra goodies thrown in. The projects I've backed have all had stretch goals with extra minis or tokens or whatever's thrown in on top of the initial offering.

Hopefully that helps a little Alcibia, if you have more specific questions let me know.

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

robertsjf
Member: 671
Total Posts: 14
Posted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
CBP3 said:
Personally I see Kickstarter as a pre order with some extra goodies thrown in.
That seems, I want to use the word "cynical" but that might be too strong. I imagine if the project didn't fund in at least some of those cases, the project would have been nixed. Once funded then yes, KS becomes a preorder system for the strech goals.

Alcibia, the KS is as good as the sponsoring company so it becomes a question of your trust in the Croc. Personally, I wouldn't have any issues backing the Croc in a KS, given their long-standing history as a firm.

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM
OK, that info helps. I am, and have been for years, a croc enthusiast. (the hundreds of croc miniatures I own may be a clue) so count me in.

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM Edited on 2013-03-28 16:30:35.0
It is still early yet, but I'll try to answer a some of the questions as best I can...

Barry, the #1 priority will be to fund the production and printing of the Olympus book. There will be multiple pledge levels, we're still working on the specifics right now. Yes, you will be able to get miniatures as well as the book -- 2 completely new factions, the Trojans and the Amazons, and more if the project does well. The existing range will be available too, but I expect that most of our fans already have all their Spartans and Titans, etc. I've spent the last few months exclusively working on the sculptures for these new factions, and I'm looking forward to the project start when I can finally start showing them off.

For those who have reservations, keep in mind that Crocodile Games has successfully completed 2 projects that were made possible by pre-orders: the Wendigo Warband Guide and the WarGods of Aegyptus Hardcover -- both long before Kickstarter came along. WarGods of Olympus is a big game with a lot of material, the only way to make this happen is with our players' support.

We're going to be opening a new section of the Croc Forum this weekend, devoted to the kickstarter project. I'll do my best to answer further questions there. I hope I'll be able to count on you guys for your support in this! Not just in funding the project, but also in promoting it around the web and with your friends and fellow gamers.

--Fitz

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Thursday, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Amazons and Trojans you say? Yeah I already knew I was in, now I am curtailing purchasing of fun stuff for a while until this kickstarter happens. I have wanted to see both of those factions for a long time.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy