|Posted By||Topic » Anubi|
Posted: Sunday, Jul 29, 2012 at 7:34 AM
I am seriously considering collecting an Anubi warband, and I have a few questions regarding them:
1) What are they like as a warband? How to they function? What are their strengths and weaknesses? Are they too specialised for EOD?
2) I have noticed that they are the only warband that currently does not have a miniature for Master of Words? Does this have an impact on the warband? Will there be a miniature for this eventually?
3) I have also noticed Anubi slingers in the rulebook, are these a discontinued product or are they still available?
4) And finally are there any plans to have a warband starter set for the Anubi?
Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated
Posted: Sunday, Jul 29, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I will answer your questions as best I can
1) I have only gotten in a few games with Anubi but if you do not stock up on Embalmers they seem to function like Asar. Their higher defense makes them a bit harder to hit, their discipline is average, and their high arcane makes them a bit harder to hit with magic. Once you add in the Necropolis Guard and if you can track down the slingers you mentioned in your third question you can have a very versatile force of just Anubi and City Dwellers of Cynopolis. I do not really see them as too specialized if you do not go overboard with Anubis Amulets or with Embalmers. You can turn them into a nice balanced warband with all of the options that are out there. With Anubi chariots, swordsmen, archers, slingers (if you can find them), plus characters you are okay there. Then on the city dweller side you can get Necropolis Guard, spears (if going fluffy convert them to polearms), swordsmen, archers, slingers, chariots, and characters. It becomes a very versatile force.
2) You can look at converting an Anubi Master of Words, using an Asar one (which is a bit of a disadvantage due to the high Arcane of Anubi), or going with another company's mini. I will be using this for my MoW but i have not gotten around to putting the model together or painting it yet. http://www.fenryll.com/product.php?id_product=562
3) The Anubi slingers were, to my knowledge, made in two different sculpts and sold as single models. I think the mold may have broken/worn down but I am not sure. The Croc Store may still have some available, shoot them an email and ask. Osiris and Hecate are good people and willing to help when they can. Those mins pop up on eBay from time to time as well. That is how I got most of mine.
4) I think that there has been mention of it in the past, but there has been no forum chatter about it recently.