Board » Aegyptus

Posted By Topic » Hep Me Out With My Army?
Macuiltochtli
Group: Site Member
Member: 1755
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM
My Wargods rulebook is still hanging out with a friend... and I am trying to get an army or two figured in it's absence.

I have:

1 Harbinger of Bast 10 Cat Girl skirmishers 10 Cat Guy archers 10 Khemru maceguys 1 Khemru Beastmaster 1 Elephant

Is this a legal army build? Is it closer to 1000 points or 1500 points? How many additonal Basti and/or Khemru characters can I add?

Thank you!

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Yes, that is a legal build. It is closer to 1,000 points.

It would have to be a Basti Warband led by a Basti Harbinger. You would be allowed 4 more Basti character slots, but the Beastmaster takes up the only slot you gain from the Khermu unit, so you cannot take more Khemru characters.

If you want your warband to be versatile enough to play as two types of warbands, I would add a 10 man Asar Spear unit. This will fill your warband out at about 1,200 to 1,300 pts. and give you some more punching power, as right now melee is your achilles heel. This also allows you to add up to 2 Asar characters for you Basti warband.

In the future all you would need to buy is a Khemru Harbinger, switch him out with the Basti one and you'd have a Khemru warband.

Best part about this game is that your warband need only be 50% of your god's follower. In the case of Basti, that is Basti or Asar. IN the case of a Khemru warband, that is Khemru or Asar. Then, the remaining 50% can be made up of other races. Basically Asar can be run by anyone as their follower.

Makes it easy to buy one full warband, about 1,500 pts (usually 4 to 5 10 man units) and buy 2 different Harbinger models. That way all you do is switch out the Harbingers and you can play 2 different warbands.

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Macuiltochtli
Member: 1755
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Awesome! Thank you. I think we are going to be shooting for 1000 points just to try the game out. I have had the stuff kicking about for years, but have never actually played...

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Near as I can tell that build is in the 700 to 800 point range, barring adding more heroes. Once you throw in 4 Basti heroes your points should go up a bit though. It appears to be an interesting starting army though.

And I agree with Akori on the adding Asar. They are super versatile, allow for easy army switching, and if you really get into a faction a few conversion and you have a dedicated City Dwellers of ___________ unit.

I would love to hear how that build works out for you once you get a few games in with it. I have a friend looking at starting Basti. Khemru as allies could be very cool. Keep us posted, new blood around here is always welcome and a good thing.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy