Board » Croc Events

Posted By Topic » World Campaign Kick-off at Kingdom-Con, April 17
Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1666
Posted: Friday, Apr 08, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Event at Kingdom-Con 2011 will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Hotel Circle San Diego Ca USA on April 17th at 10:am until 4:pm. All Warbands are legal and starting Warbands for the Campaign this year are at 1250 points & Ka 1 Harbinger, Demi-God, Ice-Witch, Dark Harbinger or Overlord. Tony will be posting updated rules later in the week... The Scenario at Kingdom-Con is "The Hunt for the Calydonian Boar." King Oeneus of Calydon holds annual harvest sacrifices to the Gods on the sacred hills surrounding his city. This year the King in his haste forgot to include The Goddess "Artemis of the Golden Throne" in his yearly offerings. Insulted, Artemis, the "Lady of the Bow", loosed the biggest, most ferocious boar imaginable on the countryside of Calydon. It has rampaged throughout the countryside, destroying vineyards and crops for months, forcing all the people to take refuge inside the city walls, where they now slowly to starve. King Oeneus has sent messengers out to look for the best hunters in the Antediluvian World to rid him of this beast. The King offers to the Hero who kills the monster the boar's pelt and tusks as a prize. Who will kill the Boar and be claimed the Savior of Calydon.

Mordante
Group: Site Member
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Friday, Apr 08, 2011 at 9:35 PM
I'll be there, with my Wendigo! Now to decide if I bring the snowbeast or the ice maidens...

Wyatt the Odd
Member: 1073
Total Posts: 135
Posted: Saturday, Apr 09, 2011 at 1:08 AM
Drat! I'm already committed to HMGS/PSW's Mini Con that weekend. I would've loved to see you guys there.

Wyatt

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Sunday, Apr 10, 2011 at 2:22 PM
So what's this year's theme? Just so we can try to make our warbands fit it a little bit.

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Monday, Apr 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM Edited on 2011-04-12 11:04:43.0
I'll be there!

As a To-Tanem, or Demigod of Hades?

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Mordante
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Wanted to thank Tjaroy for running a great event at Kingdom-Con. Akori took lots of photos so hopefully they will be posted here soon. The hunt for the boar skirmish game that we played with only 2 characters each was a blast. Even though I made the rookie mistake of rushing in and trying to be the first to take the prize. Always wait until the last to try to take the prize from the tired and wounded! In this case it did not matter, Akori's Totanem harbinger with the light saber killed my Wendigo chieftan, a harbinger of Isis (who had already killed my ice witch), an eaters harbinger and finally the remaining sebeki harbinger, single-handed.

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Boar hunt?

Details! I want details!

Photos too!

It'd also be nice to have the scenarios for planning my own games.

Akori
Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:34 PM Edited on 2011-04-18 17:48:59.0
Working on the rest!

Photobucket Gomek the "Master of the Marsh" takes on a vicious Titan Overlord

Photobucket Kaliya & her snowy beasts struggle to gain the upper hand against an Isis Harbinger & her Dispossesed

Photobucket The "Marble Anvil" orders his men into position against the undying horde of the Eater of the Dead

More to come, but here's a taste of the Hunt for the Calydonian Boar: Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

---------------

Tjaroy
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2011 at 8:19 PM
Thanks Guys

For coming out and playing in this year’s World Campaign kick-off event held at Kingdom-Con in San Diego CA.

We had six brave souls who answered the call to rid the country side of the Calyonian Boar.

From the lands of Aegyptus came: Anta the Vengeful Harbinger of Isis, Gomek "Lord of the Marsh" Harbinger of Sobek, Abasi Bennen the "Marble Anvil" Harbinger of Ptah, Khaba the Wicked Dark Harbinger

From the lands of the Frozen North came : Kaliya " Queen of the Frozen North"

And from the lands of Olympus came: Theokoles the Shadow of Death Demi-God of Ares.

The brave hero's found the Boar destroying the sacred Fields of Gaia. Artemis was not going to let the Calydonian Boar be killed. So she commanded the beast of the Forest to protect the Boar. But even with the help from the Forest animals the Boar was finally defeated and killed. But Artemis was still granted her revenge as the hero's fought each other to claim the boar's tusk and skin as trophies. Until only one blooded and broken Harbinger remained. Yes Abasi Benben had won but at what cost for he had spilled the blood of two Famous Harbingers to win his prize.

All Harbingers

This year's World Campaign will deal with the opening of Pandora's Box. We will be using the rules from the 2010 campaign for warband construction and reinforcements. Warbands will start at 1250 points including a Ka 1 Harbinger. Your warband will neither chose to follow Order or the path of Chaos. Chris will be posting the rule on the forum within the week and scenario to play.

Thanks Tjaroy (Tony)

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM
Sweet! Pandora's Box was discussed last time as a possibility for the Campaign...

Awesome pics- can't wait for the rest of them. Thanks Joe!

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Akori
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:49 AM Edited on 2011-04-20 01:03:23.0
Ok Guys, here you go. All the photos for the Campaign Kickoff Event! Just click on "View All" below & then click on "View as slidshow" once you're redirected to photobucket. I've even included slight descriptions to explain what happened!

I'd like to give a big thank you to Carlos, Wade, Greg, & Ray for participating! The biggest thank you goes out to our friend Tony/Tjaroy who not only ran the event, provided almost 1/2 the mini's, all the terrain, & then GM'd the Hunt thereby bowing his warband out of competition. Thank you Tony!!!

I had a blast & was very, very lucky to pull of the victory! In my first game Gerg/Khaba had 3 chances to roll a 7 or more, thereby stopping my 2nd unit from moving off his table edge & claiming victory. He failed all 3 rolls.

In the hunt we played skirmish rules & my luck only improved. My Harbinger slew a Chieftain, barely taking any damage in return. Then, he proceeded to win 3 provocations in a row & be crowned "Savior of Calydon"!!!

Thanks again to all! Now to convert my Anubi Hero to carry a tusk tipped spear & boar pelt cape!

---------------

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:59 AM
Looks like a blast.

I particularly liked the anubi and to-tanem : very crisp painting.

For the skirmish games, how did you handle multi-player initiative?

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1666
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:43 PM
Great looking games, guys!

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy