Board » Kickstarter News

Posted By Topic » Out of luck?
Aegis
Group: Site Member
Member: 2183
Total Posts: 8
Posted: Saturday, Jul 05, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Are all the new figures and armies introduced in the Kick start going to offered in the online store? If so when? Or are we that missed the Kick start just out of luck? The crocks home page is of no help as the last information on anything is dated 2013

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Saturday, Jul 05, 2014 at 10:45 PM
They will be available in the Online store after everything has shipped to kickstarter backers...except for a few kickstarter exclusive items

Oceanborn
Posted: Saturday, Jul 05, 2014 at 10:45 PM
They will be available in the Online store after everything has shipped to kickstarter backers...except for a few kickstarter exclusive items

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 12:25 AM
So you will be waiting a while. It's unclear if they mean once all the kick starter pledges are fulfilled as an entirety or whether they will be available once all pledges containing that faction/mini have been fulfilled. I'd prefer the latter (others may disagree) as we need to get more minis out there and especially in the case of the rule book.

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Aegis
Posted: Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Currently I have the 2nd edition rules (I think) and the Olympus beta rules, I'm assuming there is a 3rd edition of the rules and the Olympus are out of Beta? I would like an answer if they are going to wait until all pledges are fulfilled. If so I'll just put what I have back on the shelf and perhaps check back in a year or so if I remember to do so. I'm certainly not going to try and get other people in when they would have to sit and wait for the new and updated stuff to come out.

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Jul 06, 2014 at 5:16 PM
No, Aegyptus is still at 2nd ed afaik.

Olympus was due this month.

---------------

Aegis
Posted: Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Is Olympus due out for pledges or for everyone?

Oceanborn
Posted: Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 7:13 PM
From what Croc has said the book will be sent to backers before it is available for retail sale (which is probably a good idea considering how people react to Kickstarter products being sold before they receive them as backers). Not sure how this will interact with items unlocked in the kickstarter that had expected availabilities of August or later...

The book was due this month, my experience is that Kickstarters do have delays, and this one is no different (I've had two miniatures Kickstarters ship on time, most have had 3-6 month delays, so I always add 6 months to estimated delivery dates). My guess would be that the book will be available retail 1-2 months after it is sent to backers.

Aegis
Posted: Monday, Jul 07, 2014 at 7:50 PM
So just put my Spartans up till next year? And probably 2016 before considering getting any of new Greek figures. I understand how would get upset but on the other hand it kills the interest in any of us late comers that missed he kickstart, unless they offer it for retail soon after it ships to the pledges.

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Aegis said:
Are all the new figures and armies introduced in the Kick start going to offered in the online store? If so when? Or are we that missed the Kick start just out of luck? The crocks home page is of no help as the last information on anything is dated 2013
Kickstarter minis won't be going into retail production (and the online store) until the book is ready, which will be some months yet. We're currently catching up on the miniatures promised, and the book is coming after.

If you are wanting to order miniatures before the retail release, use the Paypal Pledging: https://www.crocodilegames.com/kickstarter.cfm It is too late for the Trojans and Demigods, as they were the first 2 waves which have already been completed and shipped. Amazons are next, hopefully shipping in a few weeks.

Rules for the Spartans (which you mentioned you have) are already available as a free downloadable PDF, in Croc Tales 7, you can get them here: https://www.crocodilegames.com/crocTales.cfm

If you have other questions about ordering, email us at sales@crocodilegames.com - we can see your question & reply quicker that way.

Aegis
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Thanks, I didn't know the paypal option was still viable. Is there still time to jump in on the Amazons?

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 7:00 PM
If you want amazons i'd get it quick. He said it was only too late for demigods and trojans

---------------

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy