Board » Kickstarter News

Posted By Topic » My first models arrived today!
Zaid
Group: Site Member
Member: 1960
Total Posts: 6
Posted: Friday, Jun 13, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Ok, so here's a confession: I didn't actually own any Croc minis till today. I ordered Wargods Aegyptus v1 off ebay to check out the rules (and it's taking me a while to see the differences between 1 and 2 in the PDF) and fell in love with the fluff and aspects of the game. Still, I was a broke college student who couldn't fulfill his dream of a Basti society on his bookshelf (is society the word for it? Hmm... an army, its army and society leaders, priests, celebrities, camp followers, harems, children, fans and merchants of every kind? Eeyup, that every sort of civilian I can think of. A society it is.)

Anywho, the Kickstarter came up and it lit a fire under me. 'Event Miniatures', 'never been sold before', 'after this program is over the molds will be destroyed' !!

You might as well have said "Zaid, do you take Bast to be your Wargods complete army or forever hold your peace? ...and 10 years from now lament that you missed these two forever while scrounging over ebay auctions?" It was a no-brainer. I got my minis, a pdf for the 2nd rulebook so I could get current, and the door is open for a future full of Aegyptians and probably Trojans.

Aaand naughty Chris and Debs, including a coupon that expires at the end of this month. The Basti City-Dwellers and Catnip bundles are harder to resist when you get % off.

Aside from that reposting my KS comment, again I'm really happy and am looking forward to painting these pretty things.

"hi everybody, 12 of June and I just got back from my PO Box like a Greek bearing gifts... except everything is fine because they were to me from me :) So, 1 Demegodess of Artemis, lovely face and hair and admittedly a little more cheeky than I expected heh. A Basti Painter and Gamer, marvelous detail on both of them. and the Bronze Owl. He's a bit smaller than I expected but he's very cool. All itemized on a checklist marked with red ink with a 'Thank you!' and quite the elaborate smiley face. You should tell us who hand signed all these Croc :) There's the expected: here's the unexpected. A thank-you note from Chris and Deb and a Trojan Swordsman. I've gotta say the finished model is more impressive than the pictures of greens. I'll come clean: I didn't know if CG would suit my needs or if Period Fantasy was a niche that'd hold my interest. The detail on the armor is making me seriously reconsider. Well, off to the painting and off to the forums. Someone told me it's time I made a new fanfic and the new arrivals have certainly provided inspiration. Grats again to the Croc, it's my first non sci-fi minis AND my first arrived KS project and it was well worth the investment."

hazpak
Group: Site Member
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 02, 2014 at 10:21 PM
I look forward to seeing your painted minis

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Great to see that the miniatures are starting to arrive!

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy