Board » Croc Events

Posted By Topic » CanCon 2015 - The Mysterious Isle
Lord Erik
Group: Site Member
Member: 300
Total Posts: 106
Posted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 5:01 AM Edited on 2015-01-12 21:12:25.0
CanCon 2015 – WarGods of Ægyptus - The Mysterious Isle

Between the lands of Ægyptus and Olympus lies a deep and roiling sea. A sea where monsters are said to tear ships apart and feast on their drowning crews. A sea that no sane captain would choose to cross. A sea that is empty, or until very recently, was empty.

Sailors talk of bone-chilling mists, lighting arcing up into the sky, destructive whirlpools, and a mysterious isle. An isle that rose up out of the sea. An isle that should not be there. Some say it was always there, shrouded by magic. Others say is a forgotten fortress filled with treasure. Some even suggest it is fabled Atlantis, but one should never believe the ravings of sun-scorched madmen drunk on seawater.

Still, there is talk of warbands being gathered, prayers being offered to the Gods, and ships setting sail. Perhaps you should see this mysterious isle for yourself ...

This is a two day, 6 game, WarGods tournament on Sat 24 – Sun 25 Jan 2015, held at EPIC, Canberra, Australia.

The following Warband compositions restrictions will apply:

• 2000pt warband;
  • Harbinger/Demigod/Ice Witch may start at up to Ka 2;
  • warbands may be selected from any Crocodile Games publication released before 1 January 2015. This includes the WarGods of Ægyptus rulebook, Wendigo Warband Guide, Croc Tales, WarGods of Olympus rulebook (if released);
  • models must be WYSIWYG with the following exceptions:
  • - non-croc models are acceptable as long as they are clearly identifiable;
  • - no models may be equipped with both heavy armour and a shield (of any type);
  • - javelins and throwing clubs do not have to be represented on models;
  • - armour may represent one class of armour up or down from what is represented on the model (paying the appropriate points cost);
  • - shields carried by models can represent normal or large shields (paying the appropriate points cost).
  • starting Spells and Ka Powers will be rolled by the TO and provided to players once lists have been submitted. These Spells/Powers will be used for all games;
  • - Ka powers gained during the game should be rolled at the end of the game and witnessed by your opponent or the TO;
  • - if you don't have an appropriate models for a rolled power, or already have that power, take lowest numbered power not yet gained instead.

Trophies will be awarded for 1st and 2nd overall. Certificates will be awarded for, best general, sports and painted. Prizes may be available depending on numbers.

Registration and lists are due by Friday 9 Jan 2015. Min 8, max 16 players. Late registrations will only be accepted if it leads to an even number of players (assuming the min number has been met). If the minimum number of players is not reached by 9 January, the tournament will not run. (allowing two weeks for players to consider other games).

For more information contact wargods-cancon@iinet.net.au. To register, see http://www.cgs.asn.au/cancon/.

Rule Clarifications
Olympian Chariot Drivers
It has been asked what point cost to use for Olympian chariot drivers. Based on the Aegyputs rulebook and Croctales 7.5, I have decided to use the following for CanCon 2015.

Mycenaen chariot driver - 15 points
Spartan chariot driver - 16 points
Comes with no equipment. My purchase a hand weapon, and light or medium armour. May not purchase any other equipment.

Chariot drivers are considered to be hoplites from their city-state, and can benefit from hoplite and city-state rules where appliable (which probably wont be often).

Pakhet
Member: 162
Total Posts: 129
Posted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 5:24 AM
I think I have already booked our room.... so barring any unforeseen circumstances, Barry and I are definitely planning on attending.

I am really hoping to get my Amazons in time

Though I would dearly love to Run Basti again, just because I found the best name for my new harbinger... Ta-Miaut and yes it is a historical name :-)

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Well i turn 40 on the 25th... So attendance next year is a maybe. Depending on parties etc. While I usually skip my birthday to game with you guys apparently this 40 thing is supposedly a big thing.

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I have every intention of being there, and if we have enough availability of the Olympians then running the Aegean theme instead sounds good!

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 6:04 AM Edited on 2014-06-08 06:05:33.0
So I should also say I have titans, Spartans and Mycenaeans. If I can make and we go Olympus.

(And hopefully Trojans and amazons if they come in time)

---------------

Lord Erik
Posted: Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Well it looks like Trojans are shipping now. If we can have Amazons and the rules out by, maybe, October, that would be enough time for people to play around with the rules and get Amazons painted. Unfortunately, I'll have to make a decision on what sort of tournament to run before then I think.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 6:40 PM
mine will ship with the amazons :(

---------------

Pakhet
Member: 162
Total Posts: 129
Posted: Thursday, Jun 19, 2014 at 8:17 AM
We can have a party for you at Cancon!

And then you can have another party when you get back,

Lord Erik
Posted: Saturday, Aug 23, 2014 at 12:35 AM
At this stage, I'm going to submit an entry to run a two day event (sat/sun).

As usual, it will be a story based tournament ... but we will be leaving Canah for a mysterious island that has appeared in the seas between the lands of Aegyptus and Olympus. 2000pts, 6 games.

As it is uncertain what of the Olumpus range will be avaialbe (such as the rulebook), the Olympus themed tournament I was originally planning will have to wait until 2016.

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Aug 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM
and so will I - sorry

The 40th birthday is becoming something - I know not what...

---------------

Lord Erik
Posted: Saturday, Aug 23, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Awww sorry to hear that. You and the multi coloured Titans will be missed.

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Monday, Aug 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Agreed, you will be missed

stormcricket
Member: 90
Total Posts: 139
Posted: Sunday, Aug 31, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Ok, competition for the best sport has been reduced by one, oops did I say that out loud :) Shame you cant be there, always enjoy playing you. Oh and I had better signal my intent to be there, so consider this my signal of intent.

Lord Erik
Posted: Monday, Sep 01, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Hopefully I'll have the summary and entry info up by the end of the week.

Lord Erik
Posted: Tuesday, Sep 09, 2014 at 4:41 AM
Thread and top post updated to include tournament info. This should be up on CGS soon. Any questions, please ask.

Lord Erik
Posted: Monday, Sep 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Registration for CanCon is now available.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy