Board » Croc Events

Posted By Topic » Leviathan 2011 : Death at the Kharga Oasis
Beloved of Bast
Group: Site Member
Member: 825
Total Posts: 8
Posted: Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:15 AM
Well I plan on bringing my cats and crocs for you guys to kill again this year.

Will send you the army list in a week or so - need to dig them out and tweak a little. They are still not painted but are undercoated - still.

See you all there.

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Monday, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Glad you're coming.

Are we likely to see VyKing too?

Beloved of Bast
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 2:32 AM
Spoke to VYe King today - he would love to come and defend his win of last year - but once again he would have to borrow an army - would that be possible?

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:58 AM
Certainly. What sort would he like to borrow? Anubi, Sebeki, Totanem or Eater?

Also, which side do you, and he, want to be on? Defenders or Despoilers?

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:24 PM
I guess the use of fiery aspect and earth's farewell you guys' have seen just doesn't register as 'fun to game' to me. It seems like those who use that combo to win Provocation on the first turn are a bit 'dishonorable' (perhaps a little too harsh of a term for it)....

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Beloved of Bast
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Spoke to VyeKing today - he will contact you himself re army and status.

I would like to be a defender - maybe I can defend - I sure as h*** can't get my guys and gals to attack.

Army list will be sent soon.

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:56 PM Edited on 2011-03-23 17:58:00.0
sorry, double post because I didn't realize there was a second page (I don't LOVE the new forum as much as the OLD 'New' Forum)...

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Fenrihr
Member: 92
Total Posts: 144
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM
CBP3 said:
I guess the use of fiery aspect and earth's farewell you guys' have seen just doesn't register as 'fun to game' to me. It seems like those who use that combo to win Provocation on the first turn are a bit 'dishonorable' (perhaps a little too harsh of a term for it)....
CBP3, you've hit the nail on the head... speaking personally at least, that's exactly the issue I have with the fiery aspect/earth's farewell combo.

I have seen people use both the spells seperately, and have has absolutely no issue with either spell in those contexts - which is why it's the combo that (IMHO) needs a critical eye cast over it, not the individual spells.

...and hey, self censorship is a great way of approaching the game... just because, according to the rules, you can do something doens't mean you should do it. Unfortuantely not everyone sees it that way.

---------------
Morituri Nolumus Mori.. - ..we who are about to die don't want to

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Guys, can people get their entries in? So far it's zero.

Also it'd be nice to know whether people are definitely turning up and what armies they're planning on running.

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Friday, Apr 01, 2011 at 4:04 AM
I have been forced to pull out due to some coniving talk from a mate convioncing me to play whfb, however i'll come watch :)

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Monday, Apr 04, 2011 at 2:56 AM
Adam, sorry you can't play. Maybe next time.

Everyone else : It's less than two weeks away and as of Saturday, still no entries have been received by the organisers.

Am I wasting my time here?

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Monday, Apr 04, 2011 at 11:59 PM
I will definitely be there, I've just barely had time to think, let alone get my entry in.

Will hopefully get it in tonight.

Beloved of Bast
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 7:45 AM
Vye King and I have put the entry money into the Bank today and will post the entry forms off tomorrow morning. Sorry about the delay in doing so.

Will try and get my army list together this weekend and email it to you as soon as it is ready.

Oceanborn
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Entry has been submitted, the list of George's companions is forthcoming...

jackalking
Member: 1246
Total Posts: 7
Posted: Friday, Apr 08, 2011 at 6:04 AM
Also hope to be coming down from the land of the grape. have been busy at work - will be posting off some lists - 3 if ok - just what figures/army will depend on the painter either typhon or anubi or a combination similar to the one i ran at cancon - wont know to the day which it will be1

---------------
jackal

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Sunday, Apr 10, 2011 at 5:09 AM
Thanks for coming down Rex.

I've got the lists and will go over them in the next 24 hours.

Do you have a preference for which side you want to be on? (Defenders or Despoilers?)

BTW, we're now up to five entries! Looks like I'll be playing barring a sixth...

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 13, 2011 at 5:38 PM Edited on 2011-04-13 17:38:31.0
Well, Rex has had to drop out, so we're down to four, with three formal entries.

Been building buildings for living (as opposed to dead) people the last couple of nights. Now I just have to come up with a slightly different plotline for four players.

Hope to see you all on Saturday. :)

Beloved of Bast
Posted: Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 3:47 AM
Just a quick post to say thank you to Barry from VYe_King and myself for writing and organising the Wargods of Aegyptus scenarios that we played at Leviathan this weekend. We both had a great time - lost a lot of games but still had fun. (And we came home with goodies as well.)

Thanks also to Darryl and Mark for being our opposition over the two days and kicking our butts.

We will get revenge next time.

This is from both of us as Vye_King doesn't have internet access at the moment.

Thanks again for a great job Barry.

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 5:02 AM
Thanks Jean.

As those present know, Kharga fell! Its defenders slaughtered, inhabitants massacred! Woodcut illustrations to follow!

Mark (Oceanborn) was overall winner, closely followed by Darryl.

Jean (Beloved of Bast) was champion of Khanum and Steve (VyeKing) was champion of Sobek, being responsible for the greatest carnage (much of it his own army)

More comments later... tired.

Oceanborn
Posted: Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 6:34 AM
Thanks to Barry for running another great event (even if things didn't pan out as expected)

Thank you to Beloved of Bast, Vye King & Darryl for good games

And the next army I take to a Leviathan will hopefully be a fully Basti force...(dependant on some conversion work being completed)

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Sunday, Apr 17, 2011 at 7:34 AM
Was good too watch the little bits and peices i saw on an aside barry i got back from the atm and you had left :( have too meet up sometime after i get back from europe then. Grats Oceanborn on taking out the leaders hat.

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2011 at 4:58 AM
Kharga has fallen!

The forces of darkness have triumphed!

The first anyone knew in the Black Lands of the Nile was when a few refugees, more dead than alive, staggered in with the news.

After the rise of the armies of the dead from the necropolis, the town was besieged. They attempted to break through to allow messengers free travel to no avail.

The Wendigo ambushed one column trying to fight their way through to the Nile, while the Eater of the Dead defeated another force from Kharga trying to save an outlying temple complex.

Then the defenders failed to recover important relics from a ruined temple while the Eater began raiding outlying villages.

With each defeat, the ring of bronze around the town grew tighter until the leaders of the forces of darkness felt strong enough to try to storm the walls.

They attacked at midnight, a blizzard of unfamiliar snow and the dreadful baying of the Howlers heralding their arrival.

The basti archers holding one part of the wall broke on hearing the cry of the beasts accompanying the Wendigo, and the tethru adjacent began to shiver as they felt the tread of the gigantic snowbeast the Wendigo called 'george' through their feet.

The alarm trumpets sounded and the rest of the defenders awoke and began to move towards the threatened section of wall.

The tethru had time for one volley as the snowbeast loomed out of the whiteness and it began ripping the wall apart around them, shattered mud bricks flying.

The basti rallied and returned to their positions just as the scaling ladders went up and began pouring arrows into the undead horde. Nearly a third of them fell in that one volley but a few warrior mummies led by crypt lord managed to fight their way onto the wall. Once there they began cutting down the valiant basti who held long enough for reinforcements to reach the walls.

The gatehouse had been abandoned by the first flight of the basti, and it had been occupied by the necromancer of the undead horde. She began summoning patches of living darkness that she sent out into the town, draining light and life from any who touched them, then she sped down and opened the gates of the town to let the chariots of those she both lead and served in.

Near the gates the mighty snowbeast along with the windigo cheiftain tore the wall apart, many tethru dying in the rubble as it collapsed. Those who remained fell back from the wall as the furry horde placed their ladders against the wall and began to climb.

Earth tremors summoned by the Tethru sorcerer who had flown from the town center shook the ground under the snowbeast, causing it to stagger and nearly fall, but it caught itself on the side of the gatehouse and with an earsplitting roar it charged Malach, harbinger of Ptah and his bronze clad guards who had just finished deploying for battle.

Their polearms rose and fell, cutting the great beast and spattering them with its black blood, but its own blows struck home, pounding the harbinger again and again until finally his ka fled.

With his death, many of the defenders lost heart and began to flee. Soon the rout became general, panic and confusion spreading as the defences collapsed.

Then the sack began. Wendigo and mummies hunting the inhabitants, chasing them through the night like weasels in a henhouse, slaughtering and feasting.

A few ragged survivors managed to break free and bring news of the disaster.

Households and temples from the Delta to the Cataracts are in mourning, but without a pharaoh to give leadership, how will the disparate factions fracturing Aegyptus unite to fight this rising evil?

Woodcuts are at : Photobucket

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2011 at 7:13 AM
Some more significant woodcuts : Us (except Jean)

George knocking

George making an entry

Mummies on the walls

Kharga from outside the walls

Kharga - vulture's eye view

The forces of darkness

Eater attacking village

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy