Board » Miniature Painting, Conversions and Scenery

Posted By Topic » Totanem palette?
hazpak
Group: Site Member
Member: 194
Total Posts: 363
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Hi, I'm looking for inspiration for painting my totanem. What colours have others used? Any hints for painting stone effects?

Cheers Haz

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM
When I painted mine (the unit with hand weapons in the Croc store) I used a base stone grey, and mixed a little bit of a different color into each guy's paintjob - so that they all had a stony feel but slightly different colors.

I've seen some other cool effects though, hopefully someone will share some more...

Akori
Group: Site Member
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Saturday, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
To-tanem photo To-tanem.jpg

These are my To-tanem. I went with a granite theme. I looked up the various granite colors out there and decided to go with grey, black, and red.

The technique I went with was base black, then either of the three colors I chose, followed by 3 dry brush phases getting lighter with each one. After that the final step was flicking white, then black paint on to create the speckels. After that I painted the rest of the mini.Hope this helps.

Next up is a marble skinned Demigod. I'll get some photos of him up once he's complete.

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy