Board » Kickstarter News

Posted By Topic » Kickstarter Sculpts - the ongoing story!
Zebb
Group: Site Member
Member: 1928
Total Posts: 19
Posted: Sunday, Oct 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Any chance of a pic of the amazon honor guard?

Jack Trowell
Member: 2219
Posted: Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:13 AM
About the PDF and paypal pledges, I submitted a payment 7 days ago for a warrior/rulebook pledge level with paypal, and I still have not been contacted about it, is it normal ?

Zebb
Posted: Wednesday, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Ahhhh - sorry found the honor guard a few pages back :)

karazka
Member: 2222
Total Posts: 13
Posted: Sunday, Oct 26, 2014 at 4:47 AM
How are the amazones going along

---------------
Gods, gods are everywhere!!!!

powerfrog99
Member: 1916
Total Posts: 75
Posted: Wednesday, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM
+ 1

While painting my Trojan archers and spearmen I am curious when to get my 2nd shipment

cheers Thomas

---------------
Want to see painted Croc minis? Take a look at http://www.dieplatt.de or check out my Gallery at http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Jack Trowell
Posted: Monday, Nov 03, 2014 at 2:44 AM Edited on 2014-11-03 04:05:19.0
Jack Trowell said:
About the PDF and paypal pledges, I submitted a payment 7 days ago for a warrior/rulebook pledge level with paypal, and I still have not been contacted about it, is it normal ?
It is now more than a full month since my pledge and still no news, I'm starting to worry.

Did somebody heard any news from crocs since their last post in this thread ?

I can understand that with the amazons near shipping they might have been overworked, but then it would probably be a very good idea to at least post a "sorry we will be very busy for a few weeks" before going dark like that ...

Hecate
Croc Administration
Group: Administrator
Member: 559
Total Posts: 355
Posted: Monday, Nov 03, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Jack Trowell said:
Jack Trowell said:
It is now more than a full month since my pledge and still no news, I'm starting to worry.

Did somebody heard any news from crocs since their last post in this thread ?

I can understand that with the amazons near shipping they might have been overworked, but then it would probably be a very good idea to at least post a "sorry we will be very busy for a few weeks" before going dark like that ...

Hi Jack,

I sent you an email on October 26 confirming receipt of your payment and asking for details about your reward selection, but I haven't received a response yet. Please can you email me directly at sales at crocodilegames dot com if you have an alternative email address than the one you used for payment?

Thanks,

Debs

Jack Trowell
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 04, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Thank you, I found your e-mail in my spam folder, I'm sending you an answer now.

karazka
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 04, 2014 at 6:02 AM
any news for how the amazones are getting along, cant wait for my order a lot of mini's it will be

---------------

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 04, 2014 at 9:44 AM
The Amazon production has begun. We are still waiting for the last set of molds to be finished, figures that had some problems and needed to be reworked (Penthesilea and a couple characters) but we've already started casting the warriors, peltasts and archers, and these are about 75% complete. So, likely a couple more weeks of production, and then packing and shipping.

I'll post another update with some pics this week, we can reveal off some bits we've not shown yet (shields, metal Automatons, etc).

BlazeXI
Member: 816
Total Posts: 118
Posted: Monday, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Chris, any chances we would get the pictures of automatons? I need something to drool over....

---------------
BlazeXI

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 9:25 PM
BlazeXI said:
Chris, any chances we would get the pictures of automatons? I need something to drool over....
That sounds like a good idea. We've not shown off the alternate Automaton Hoplite yet (Human mask and carrying a sword). I did a variation like this, so people who wanted to build units of these can have one as a captain.

I'm putting together a complete set of the Automatons for Debs to paint, I'll blacken them first to get some photos, before we prime them. Pics coming soon!

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 12:54 PM
OK, as requested, here are some images of the Automaton variations - now in metal! Sorry for the delay on these, we've had our hands full with Amazon production the last week.

First up is the Automation Hoplite Captain. This is basically a separate arm/head sprue, this one with a sculpted human 'mask' helmet and a sword. If you order the Automaton set, you'll get the parts to make either option.

Automation Captain

Next up is the Bronze Minotaur, he comes with a hand/weapon sprue with 2 options: either an pole-axe or a hooked spear. Put him together with the one you like best!

Minotaur Options pose 1

Minotaur options pose 2

Last is a picture with the whole line-up, to show their size in comparison to one another. The Minoton is on a 40x40mm base, the Bull is on a 25x50mm base, the Dog and Hoplite are both on 25x25mm bases, and the Owl is shown on a 20x20mm base (although he does not come with a base, I just mounted him on one to photograph. The idea with him is that he can be glued on a model's arm or shoulder, as a pet.)

Automaton Scale Comparison

Hektor
Member: 1921
Total Posts: 78
Posted: Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 4:50 PM Edited on 2014-12-04 16:50:20.0
LOVE these, Fitz. They look awesome.

---------------
Sometimes the gods bless you in the morning and curse you in the afternoon.

BlazeXI
Posted: Friday, Dec 05, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Absolutely awesome.

---------------
BlazeXI

karazka
Posted: Friday, Dec 05, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Good news they are busy with the amazone production cant wait for my demigods and amazons wiee

---------------

powerfrog99
Posted: Friday, Dec 05, 2014 at 11:47 PM
These look great Any idea of a shipping date, I begin to run out of Trojans cheers Thomas

---------------
Want to see painted Croc minis? Take a look at http://www.dieplatt.de or check out my Gallery at http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Tjaroy
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Monday, Dec 08, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Man they look awesome. Can not wait to get them.

Thanks Chris for the pictures.

NorCal Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

Hobdoglin
Member: 2212
Total Posts: 1
Posted: Saturday, Dec 20, 2014 at 1:05 AM Edited on 2014-12-20 01:26:06.0

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Dec 22, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Hobdoglin, funny photo, point well taken. We've been hard at work casting, sorting, and packing Amazons and Automatons the last few weeks - there were a lot of them. The first batch of packages have have shipped today, and we'll be sending more this week and next.

We'll have more sculpting updates in a few weeks, after the dust has cleared from Amazon fulfillment.

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:07 PM Edited on 2014-12-22 22:08:43.0
The first battalion of Amazons has been deployed, and are now marching toward Alaska, Virginia, Texas, and numerous other male-dominated strongholds! More units are massing for the second wave, shipping tomorrow!

I realized as we were packing up orders that there were a couple photos I had forgotten to show off - some of the other shield designs for the Amazon Battle Honors.

Here they are... the Red Hands and the Horse Widows. The Spear Sisters get the 'crescent moon' shield that we've shown off before. Yes, those are real human hands and scalps nailed to the front of the Red Hands shields... nobody ever said the Amazons played nice!

Hope you guys like them!

Red Hands

Horse Widows

Hektor
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM
As I will be painting a warband of these for my wife sometime upcoming, gotta say I am looking forward to seeing these up close. Love the Red Hands shields.

---------------

GarethPannan
Member: 2007
Total Posts: 63
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 23, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Wow, had no idea we would be getting such cool shields!

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 23, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Those shields are awesome sir. Olympus keeps looking better and better.

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Variety in shield designs for the Amazones as well, great stuff

Will I have the possibility to select which kind of shields my units will be equipped with?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014 at 8:46 AM
powerfrog99 said:
Variety in shield designs for the Amazones as well, great stuff

Will I have the possibility to select which kind of shields my units will be equipped with?

Backers who ordered a single unit have the Spear Sisters shields (moon design).

Backers who ordered a warband (3 units) get one set of each of the Battle Honors (moons, horses, hands).

If you want a different assortment, email us ASAP!

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM
AMAZING!!! I can't wait to get my shipment!!!

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Heisler
Member: 56
Total Posts: 194
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Just received word from my boys that my shipment arrived on the front porch today. I'll meet up with them tonight at my parent's house for Christmas Eve and to get my box of Amazon minis!

---------------
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes) * Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity. * Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday

Heisler
Member: 56
Total Posts: 194
Posted: Thursday, Dec 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Packaged handed off. Awesome, I'm just blown away by both the quality of the sculpts and the casting.

Pictures of the un-boxing/un-wrapping are on my blog: Your text to link...

---------------
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes) * Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity. * Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday

GarethPannan
Posted: Friday, Dec 26, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Hey Heisler, Thanks for that unboxing - very well done! I'm so looking forward to my box of goodies! Those amazons are looking fantastic and the Croc always does great casting and I've always found them very helpful! Cheers.

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Monday, Dec 29, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Um Osiris, I though we specified which shields we wanted in the survey you sent out ages ago??!!

Please confirm you need that info again

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Dec 29, 2014 at 6:06 PM
hazpak said:
Um Osiris, I though we specified which shields we wanted in the survey you sent out ages ago??!!

Please confirm you need that info again

Not everyone made specific shield requests on their surveys. Those who didn't are getting one of each set.

Hazpak, I checked your survey, we have your shield requests, no problem.

Asian Sensation
Member: 788
Total Posts: 113
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Fitz,

Outstanding job thus far on the Kickstarter. I can't wait to receive mine on the near future...

Is there anyway to review the exact contents of my Kickstarter pledge order? I reviewed all of the reply e-mails I received as confirmation of my pledge last year but can't seem to find the exact particulars of all the add-onsI ordered with the "By The Gods!" Level reward other than the final amount pledged/paid; $492.00.

Is there a way I can review my order to see what I should have coming?

Thanks again for the wonderful gaming experience and Long Live the Croc!

Respectfully, Kevin

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Assuming you pledged through kickstarter itself, if you log in and look at the rewards, on the reward you selected you should see a link allowing you to view your responses to the kickstarter survey. (It is definitely there on the desktop site, not sure about on the mobile site)

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Asian Sensation said:
Fitz,

Is there anyway to review the exact contents of my Kickstarter pledge order? I reviewed all of the reply e-mails I received as confirmation of my pledge last year but can't seem to find the exact particulars of all the add-onsI ordered with the "By The Gods!" Level reward other than the final amount pledged/paid; $492.00.

Is there a way I can review my order to see what I should have coming?

Thanks again for the wonderful gaming experience and Long Live the Croc!

Respectfully, Kevin

Sure, Debs should have a record of everything you ordered on file - she'll be working on these this weekend, so I'll have her forward over your list then.

Asian Sensation
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Thanks Fitz. I'm not sure if you recall but I was the participant who pledged while being stationed in Korea and since then I moved twice (once to Colorado Springs, Colorado and then to Syracuse, New York). The address listed on the Kickstarter survey is incorrect and the website was unable to send me updates until yesterday. I corrected the e-mail issue and send you a message from the Kickstarter site summarizing my issues. Hopefully you received it by now. Either way, I hope the e-mail connectivity issues did not cause any problems. I hope to hear from Debs soon to resolve any mix-ups. Happy New Year's!

Respectfully, Kevin Major, United States Air Force (soon to be Retired) Liverpool, New York

marius
Member: 756
Total Posts: 48
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Awesome news, do we need to confirm details if we did additional PayPal pledges?

Thanks Dave

elpasopete
Member: 126
Total Posts: 81
Posted: Thursday, Jan 01, 2015 at 12:49 PM Edited on 2015-01-05 19:49:11.0
As one of those that ordered Corinthians and Athenians, I have not received anything so far and am getting envious of all those who have. Chris, have you started the next batch of sculpts or will you be doing the new rule book first?

Pete

elpasopete
Posted: Thursday, Jan 01, 2015 at 12:49 PM Edited on 2015-01-01 12:51:09.0
oops- sorry for the double post.

As one of those that ordered Corinthians and Athenians, I have received anything so far and am getting envious of all those who have. Chris, have you started the next batch of sculpts or will you be doing the new rule book first?

Pete

Oceanborn
Posted: Thursday, Jan 01, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Pete - we've seen some of the sculpts (earlier in this thread), at least for the Corinthians, and I'm pretty sure that Chris has said that he's been working on these figures as they need to have at least some done for photos to go in the rulebook...

Ares
Legbreaker
Member: 10
Total Posts: 351
Posted: Thursday, Jan 08, 2015 at 1:06 PM
Foolish Mortals! Ares demands his warrior women! Ha! I can't even say that with a straight face. There is no such thing as a woman that can fight! I demand the bodies of these Amazons to be sent to me post haste! I command you to put their bodies in a box and ship them to me on your fastest sailing vessel! Send me weapons and armor as well!

Do not delay these Commands. My patience grows thin with your petty excuses. You have until sundown to meet my demands, for tomorrow, I will march upon your doorstep with an army greater than you have ever seen to exact vengeance for any delays, real or imagined!

Ares has spoken!!!

Ares
Legbreaker
Posted: Thursday, Jan 08, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Oops, my alter ego took over for a second there. I've had coffee now. Carry on!

Anstpuppet
Posted: Friday, Jan 09, 2015 at 11:34 AM
Too funny Ares, now most of my coffee is on the laptop screen. Thanks for that.

atom12
Member: 40
Total Posts: 292
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Got my pledge today. When I open the boxed everything was nice packed and label. Can believe this came from Croc. Then remember Debs is in control of a few things now. Putting order to chaos.

All the minis are so cool. Can wait to start painting them up.

Think I still need a few more mini’s.

Adam

GarethPannan
Posted: Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 6:38 PM
Hi Guys, Just wondering if my Amazon pledge has been shipped? I'm one of the guys who got the Olympian deal with some extras. Cheers, Gareth : )

GarethPannan
Posted: Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 3:28 AM
Thanks Debs, got my confirmation today! Love this Kickstarter!

karazka
Posted: Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 6:59 AM
i am hoping mine are shipped soon waiting for my chicks yeeh

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Any update on how shipping is progressing? Status of things to come?

anything....

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Monday, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:25 PM
I received my address confirmation email last week...so presumably they're moving along

marius
Posted: Tuesday, Jan 27, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Agree, still awaiting confirmation ...

Dave Kinsey

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2015 at 8:42 AM
Hey guys, we're packing and shipping Amazons as fast as we can - now working our way through the overseas orders. I'll be doing a Kickstarter update later tonight with more details.

More greens coming too, just putting the finishing touches on a few more Athenians!

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM Edited on 2015-01-28 13:41:13.0
Hi Chris, being an overseas orderer I love to hear this

Just finished my Trojans, so its time for the ladies now

cheers Thomas

P.S. Athenian greens another great news!!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:36 PM Edited on 2015-01-28 23:41:06.0
Ok, time for another sculpting update... progress has been a bit slower than hoped, as I've been helping with packing orders and last-minute-casting, but I have managed to finish off all of the Athenian hoplites. Woohoo!

Still a few to go, including Theseus, his guards, the Hero, and the archer and peltast captains. I'm also working on a bunch of new shields for them too... one with a ship (for the Companions of Theseus), one with a Trident (for the Poseidon's Faithful) and one a laurel wreath (for the Chosen of Nike).

Athenian Captain

The Captain is about 95% complete, I still need to do a sword arm, which will be a separate piece and interchangeable with the spear arm. He has a scroll, educated in the Athenian Academies, of course. I may add a few more details and decorations to his armor, grieves, etc. He'll get his own shield as well.

Middle & Rear Rank Athenians

Here are the other 2 Middle/Rear rank Athenians. I tried to make the Athenians a mix of young and old men, to suggest their citizen army... men of all walks of life put on their armor in times of war.

Front Rank Athenians

Karameikos
Member: 1666
Total Posts: 53
Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Appreciate the update, Chris - these are looking excellent!

---------------
"Muddy water, let stand, becomes clear." -- Lao-tzu

BlazeXI
Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:22 AM
Bearded/ not bearded to indicate age Chris?

---------------
BlazeXI

Zebb
Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM Edited on 2015-01-31 05:00:55.0
Any chance for a Raven shield, just read through the Killer of Men series by Christian Cameron and would love to do some Plataeans when ever the Atheans will be on general release.

Lovely sculpts as always!

powerfrog99
Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:37 AM
Nice and brilliant thank you!

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Friday, Jan 30, 2015 at 6:40 AM
Bloody hell, they're a bit fantastic!!!! Well done!

sandfly
The Wizard of Oz
Member: 33
Total Posts: 1467
Posted: Saturday, Jan 31, 2015 at 7:16 PM Edited on 2015-01-31 19:24:01.0
Oceanborn said:
I received my address confirmation email last week...so presumably they're moving along
Appear to have gotten my addy-confo email at the same time! (19th)... but haven't been checking that email account lately (tsk, tsk, tsk)... done so now... the count-down begins.

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 9:51 PM
eagerly tracking my first package - hope the other gets sent soon

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:23 PM
I got my minis yesterday. Absolutely amazing.

---------------
BlazeXI

sandfly
The Wizard of Oz
Member: 33
Total Posts: 1467
Posted: Monday, Feb 23, 2015 at 6:01 PM Edited on 2015-02-23 18:02:12.0
Me too... ... but haven't had a chance to unbox yet.

marius
Posted: Monday, Feb 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Have got confirmation and sent back response confirming details (third and different email address is a charm).

Let me know if there is an issue Debs (or Chris).

Thanks Dave Kinsey

elpasopete
Posted: Monday, Mar 09, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Chris, It's been a month without an update. How are the Athenians and Corinthians coming? Any word on the new rule book?

Pete

Mordante
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:36 PM
You know what would be cool? A summarized list (in a different thread that is not 30 pages long) of what has been completed and shipped, and what is still to be sculpted, and then an ongoing status update on that list, It has got to be getting close to the end, but without weeding thru multiple pages of this thread I have no real idea. And of course an update on the rulebook , well over a year behind schedule and no word if it is even being looked at yet, would be nice.

I keep trying to pull my friends that play Warhammer into this great game, and I continue to get the same excuse. They will consider it when the Olympus book comes out. I have no idea when to tell them that will be. With Warhammer going "thru the change..." this summer will be a great time to introduce a new game to people who are rage quitting that game.

Karameikos
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Mordante said:
You know what would be cool? A summarized list (in a different thread that is not 30 pages long) of what has been completed and shipped, and what is still to be sculpted, and then an ongoing status update on that list, It has got to be getting close to the end, but without weeding thru multiple pages of this thread I have no real idea. And of course an update on the rulebook , well over a year behind schedule and no word if it is even being looked at yet, would be nice.

I keep trying to pull my friends that play Warhammer into this great game, and I continue to get the same excuse. They will consider it when the Olympus book comes out. I have no idea when to tell them that will be. With Warhammer going "thru the change..." this summer will be a great time to introduce a new game to people who are rage quitting that game.

I think these two points are excellent!

And to allow as much time as possible to The Croc to keep working away at the 2nd Point (i.e., finishing sculpts allowing for completion of the rules), I'll volunteer to create the new thread, if there are no objections. I regularly keep up with the Kickstarter site comments and the multiple threads on this board, so it is not an issue for me to edit the first post of the new thread as updates are shared.

---------------

Karameikos
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:10 PM
New Thread started

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Hey guys

Trojan PDF update is up, Kickstarter backers can get the download link on the Update page:

Kickstarter Update Page

I'm working on the next batch of Athenians (Theseus and his guards), but they are in the 'not pretty' state at the moment. I'll put up some images once I get them reasonably presentable. We're going to be having more updates relating to the book in the coming weeks, there will be lots to show off as it comes together.

The idea for a compiled progress thread is a good one... this thread was meant to be for sculpting updates, but it has turned into a catch-all kickstarter thread, and it has gotten pretty unmanagable. (That's not a complaint, just an observation.) I'll see what we can put together this weekend, so we can more clearly show where we are.

Anstpuppet
Posted: Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Thanks for releasing the Trojan warband rules. I do have a couple of quick questions. Does the Apollonian Guard count as hoplites or missile troops as far as percentages go? I don't really have an argument either way as I have not had a chance to play with them and probably won't be able to for a while but either choice is likely to have consequences on army selection and performance on the table.

Also with the Apollonian Guard, seeing as they cannot take the phalanx formation can the spears of the second rank be used in combat when/if the Apollonian Guard charges or are they considered to have hand weapons instead of spears, not able to use that equipment, or something else along those lines? I know when they are charged they revert to hand weapons but when it is the other way around the wording could open up issues if not spelled out.

Sorry if these questions seem too nitpicky but one of the things I love about Wargods is the clarity of the rules and the ability to talk directly to those that make the game so that questions get answered in an official fashion. Much better than certain games I can think of.

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 8:32 AM
Anstpuppet said:
Thanks for releasing the Trojan warband rules. I do have a couple of quick questions. Does the Apollonian Guard count as hoplites or missile troops as far as percentages go? I don't really have an argument either way as I have not had a chance to play with them and probably won't be able to for a while but either choice is likely to have consequences on army selection and performance on the table.

Also with the Apollonian Guard, seeing as they cannot take the phalanx formation can the spears of the second rank be used in combat when/if the Apollonian Guard charges or are they considered to have hand weapons instead of spears, not able to use that equipment, or something else along those lines? I know when they are charged they revert to hand weapons but when it is the other way around the wording could open up issues if not spelled out.

Sorry if these questions seem too nitpicky but one of the things I love about Wargods is the clarity of the rules and the ability to talk directly to those that make the game so that questions get answered in an official fashion. Much better than certain games I can think of.

I started a new thread for Trojan rules discussion:

Trojan Rules Thread

Hektor
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:22 PM
Fitz or Debs,

Concerning the last few days of Pay Pal Pledging...is the warband level pledge the minimum pledge? Or can we purchase Amazons thru add-ons (i.e, a Starter Set and an archer unit)? Likewise for the automatons...do we have to purchase all 5, or can we get them individually? My Demigod of Hephaestus demands to know. ;)

Thanks!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Hektor said:
Fitz or Debs,

Concerning the last few days of Pay Pal Pledging...is the warband level pledge the minimum pledge? Or can we purchase Amazons thru add-ons (i.e, a Starter Set and an archer unit)? Likewise for the automatons...do we have to purchase all 5, or can we get them individually? My Demigod of Hephaestus demands to know. ;)

Thanks!

Yes, you can still add Amazon and Automaton add-ons until Paypal Pledging closes for them, after March 22 (just 3 days away!)

Just let us know what you need and we'll get it sent!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:14 AM Edited on 2015-03-25 09:16:34.0
Back at the sculpting table, here is the latest to reach completion... the Athenian Honor Guard. There will be 2 of these, the other will be a conversion of this green.

He will likely have a different shield, but the pictured shield is also new...

Athens Bodyguard

Zebb
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:34 PM Edited on 2015-03-25 16:38:01.0
Amazing!!! I should have taken Athenians (and called them Plateans) as well. Will we get a special hand/arm for Theseus holding a minotaur head? As was spoken about during the Kickstarter?

You could do Ariadne as well, I will never get tired of you sculpting women!

BlazeXI
Posted: Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 12:06 AM
Fantastic! Can't wait for Athens and Corinth to be completed, as the book would be next.

---------------
BlazeXI

marius
Posted: Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM
Lovely work Chris.

My Amazons have arrived and looking forward to unboxing them on the weekend.

Asgard2502
Member: 1966
Total Posts: 47
Posted: Thursday, Apr 09, 2015 at 3:36 AM
Athenians look really cool!

Any update on the amazon pdf?

---------------
Miniature Painting Studio and Hobby Blog www.fanplasticlittlemen.blogspot.co.uk

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:15 AM Edited on 2015-04-16 12:25:41.0
Asgard2502 said:
Athenians look really cool!

Any update on the amazon pdf?

I'll be getting the Amazon PDF together in the next week or 2 - right after I finish up the current Atheneans I'm working on.

Glad you like the Athenians so far. Theseus and the Hero are now both nearly complete... Theseus just needs his slotta-tab and his shield (the metal shield in the photo is just a stand-in.)

Theseus

The Hero is not so far along, but I should have a photo ready in a couple days. He just needs his hands and weapons.

Also dropped off the latest batch of greens to be molded, so we should have masters of these in the next couple weeks:

Greens, April

Karameikos
Posted: Thursday, Apr 16, 2015 at 6:29 PM
Excellent work, Chris! In my opinion, Theseus appears the most noble of the various Olympus City State specific nobility sculpts thus far.

Definitely looking forward to this Athenian release

---------------

Asgard2502
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 1:37 AM
Is PayPal pledging still open for the Athenians? They are incredible!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 7:49 AM
Should be - I know I intend to up my pledge....

Luckily I have time to save up

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 6:51 PM Edited on 2015-04-22 11:47:33.0
Asgard2502 said:
Is PayPal pledging still open for the Athenians? They are incredible!
Yes, you can still get the Athenians by Paypal pledging:

Paypal Pledging

Athenian Hero update tomorrow! :)

Asgard2502
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:05 AM
Awesome cheers!

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:26 AM
Yes it is open for Athenians and Corinth.

---------------
BlazeXI

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:38 PM Edited on 2015-04-22 14:41:04.0
The Athenian Hero has been completed! I went with a spiral and wave decorative theme with this guy, as Athens is a major naval power. The shield shown will not be the one he is sold with - but it will be the same shape.

Athens Hero 360

Athens Hero & Armor Rack

Also complete is the Athens Armor Rack. His armor rack includes a scroll in a case, to suggest they the Athenians are literate and cultured. I have to confess, I have been enjoying making all of the little armor panoplies, they are all going to make for an awesome 'armory' scenic piece when completed... just 1 more to go!

Greek Armor Racks - front

Greek Armor Racks - angle

Hope you guys like these, I'm now working on the Herald, Musician, and alternate Honor Guard models, and some shields and odd bits to boot. I should have another greens update ready in about 2 weeks.

Asgard2502
Posted: Thursday, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:03 AM
That is seriously cool!

---------------

Asgard2502
Posted: Thursday, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:51 AM
Did a big PayPal order for an Athenian army hehe, hopefully I can get either my amazon's or wendigo painted before these arrive!

---------------

Agis
Queen of the Amazons
Member: 1008
Total Posts: 18
Posted: Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 3:20 AM
Great job on the Athens!

---------------
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - www.adpublishing.de

DaveL
Member: 18
Total Posts: 670
Posted: Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 9:54 AM Edited on 2015-04-30 14:47:44.0
Skookum!

No doubt I'll be adding some Athenians too.

Zebb
Posted: Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 4:02 PM
I have to ask, has anyone in the UK gotten their order yet?

I am out traveling for work a lot, and I asked to have it sent to the office, but they haven't received any packages for me... So I am starting to get a bit worried.

Asgard2502
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 at 2:52 AM
Do you mean of the amazons? Yeah they arrived ages ago

---------------

Zebb
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 at 5:14 AM
Yes the Amazons, I have not received any so I am a bit at a loss now...

And thanks for the information Asgard!

Oceanborn
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 at 7:06 AM
Did you pledge just for the infantry miniatures, or the cav and/or rulebook as well? If the latter, did you pay for separate shipping?

Asgard2502
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 at 9:20 AM
I only put in for the minis only warband yeah, I would contact Croc and PayPal them another shipping cost

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Just finished are the Athens Archer Captain and the Athens Musician. These were both fun to work on, I've really begun to enjoy sculpting the Athenian armor. There are now only 2 minis left for Athens, the Herald and the Peltast Captain, both currently underway. If all goes well, I should have the complete Athenian warband sculpted by the end of this month (May).

Here are some pics, hope you guys like them!

Athenian command miniatures

Tjaroy
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 1:59 AM
More Great Work Chris.

I may have to revisit the Athenians. The models are really nice.

Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 7:47 AM
That Athenian archer captain is brilliant! Amazing detail, dynamic pose, amazing execution, congratulations!

BlazeXI
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Brilliant. When I finish painting Spartans I will reward myself with buying Athenians.

---------------
BlazeXI

elpasopete
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM
I am sure glad I bought Athenians two years ago. I've been waiting a long time for my first figure.........getting anxious.

Hrod
Member: 2339
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 4:52 PM
I missed the Kickstarter. I missed the Amazons and the Automatons by a few days.

These Gods, these Amazons, these Automatons, these Athenians, well everything in this Olympus range, are so stunning and well sculpted that I'll probably succumb to this Sirens' song

It seems that I can still order the Athenians and the Gods.The Corinthians too. Too late for the Automatons and probably also for the Gates of Troy.

By Zeus, these Athenians and Gods will surely be mine

Karameikos
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Osiris said:
Just finished are the Athens Archer Captain and the Athens Musician. These were both fun to work on, I've really begun to enjoy sculpting the Athenian armor. There are now only 2 minis left for Athens, the Herald and the Peltast Captain, both currently underway. If all goes well, I should have the complete Athenian warband sculpted by the end of this month (May).
Chris,

Will you be completing Athenian specific alternate sword arms for the front rank hoplites, as well? Just mentioning it while you are in The Zone with regards to sculpting Athenians

And these sculpts look absolutely fantastic! I'm looking forward to painting them, hopefully this summer!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 10:22 AM
Karameikos said:
Osiris said:
Chris,

Will you be completing Athenian specific alternate sword arms for the front rank hoplites, as well? Just mentioning it while you are in The Zone with regards to sculpting Athenians

And these sculpts look absolutely fantastic! I'm looking forward to painting them, hopefully this summer!

Yes, the Athenian sword arms are already completed. They are visible above in the post dated April 15.

Karameikos
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Ah yes, I was too busy eyeballing some of the other figures in that tray at the time, and it seems I forgot the sword arms were there...

Thanks for the clarification: loving the options for variety!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 2:11 AM
I posted these to yesterday's Kickstarter update, but here they are as well, for completeness sake... the last of the Athenians! All of the Athens sculpts are now complete!

Theseus completed

First up is Theseus, the king of Athens and slayer of the legendary Minotaur. We've shown Theseus before, but this is the finished version including his shield. The shield shows a stylized image of the Minotaur's head, surrounded by a wave pattern (Theseus is a son of Poseidon.) His armor, as well as that of his bodyguards, was designed to have a slightly more archaic look than the rest of the Athenians.

Herald and Musician

Next we have the Athenian Herald and Musician. The Herald carries a standard showing the Aegis shield of Athena, surmounted by a laurel wreath and owl. The Musician is a simpler model, blowing a horn whose shape mirrors the curl motif used to decorate Athenian armor.

Theseus completed

Last are the Peltast and Archer Captains. These guys lead the 'universal' peltast and archer models, they are intended to look like more wealthy warriors than the peasants and conscripts that they lead.

These greens will be heading to the moldmaker's this week, and we'll be working on their production molds over the course of the next month or so (there are a total of 27 different production molds needed for the Athenians, so it will take a few weeks!). If all goes well, we hope to begin shipping them to Athenian backers around late July (let's keep our fingers crossed!) If you are not an Athenian backer and would like to add them, Paypal Pledging will remain open until production begins. You can find to the Paypal Pledging page here:

https://www.crocodilegames.com/kickstarter.cfm

Next up: Corinthians!

Karameikos
Posted: Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Excellent work, Chris!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 03, 2015 at 7:34 PM
timeframe for paypal pledging? need to get myself sorted for this one.

The starter just isn't enough now

---------------

drunkendwarf
Member: 99
Total Posts: 69
Posted: Thursday, Jun 04, 2015 at 12:03 AM
hazpak said:
timeframe for paypal pledging? need to get myself sorted for this one.

The starter just isn't enough now

Like to kow also; I must start planing my wargame expenses.

DJ

powerfrog99
Posted: Thursday, Jun 04, 2015 at 9:23 AM Edited on 2015-06-04 09:24:12.0
Lovely sculpts again thanks for these Fitz. Now I just need to upgrade my pledge - again

---------------

Hrod
Member: 2339
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Sunday, Jun 07, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Very nice sculpts. I'd like to know too what is the deadline for the Athenians Paypal pledging. "Trojans and Demigods are no longer available through Paypal Pledging " Can the Gates of Troy still be added though? I suppose also that the 8 Demigods are still available but only at the By the Gods or Olympian levels.

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Jun 13, 2015 at 3:45 AM
Still no word on a cutoff date? I have cash here to spend but for various reasons wont be putting it down until i know it will be honoured

---------------

elpasopete
Posted: Saturday, Jun 13, 2015 at 1:14 PM
hazpak said:
Still no word on a cutoff date? I have cash here to spend but for various reasons wont be putting it down until i know it will be honoured
I would email or call them directly. No telling how often Debs checks the forum.

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Hey guys

Sorry for the delay in replying, I don't check the sculpting thread daily unless I have new stuff to show off.

Pledging for the Athenians and Corinthians is still open. I can't give an exact cutoff date, as it depends when the molds are all completed. We've handed all of the sculpts off to our new moldmakers, and as soon as all of the molding is complete we'll announce a cutoff date. I'm hoping to be able to ship the Athenians in July-August, so if you pledge now it will be honored.

Another note - we are soon going to have to raise the cost of the warband pledge levels by $5-$10 each. The reason beacuse the final 2 warbands (Athens and Corinth) have a disproportionally higher weight compared to the Amazons/Trojans because their warriors all have cloaks - thus their metal cost ends up being over 50% more. However, we'll be keeping the price the same until the end of the week, so if you want you get in on the original price, there is still time.

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Here are a couple more Athenian pictures from the last batch that went to the moldmaker.

First are the Athens shield options:

Athens shields

Next, another shot of the Hero. Since his spear arm was going to be a separate piece, I decided to make another arm, to allow 2 weapon options - spear or trident. They'll both be on the same sprue, so each one includes both... pick the one you like!

Athens Hero with Trident

Hope you guys like them!

Asgard2502
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM
The trident hero is wicked!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Jun 19, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Ok - i've upped my pledge for more phalanxes for my athenians and corinthians. No more half measures!

---------------

PaulCG1969
Member: 1573
Total Posts: 38
Posted: Friday, Jul 17, 2015 at 7:54 AM
The shields look great. Nicely done.

---------------
Id rather be lucky than good.

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Aug 09, 2015 at 9:26 AM
Update?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM
I'm in the middle of sculpting the Corinthian warriors, we should have some images worthy of showing off in a week or so.

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Aug 15, 2015 at 9:15 AM
Now that is good news

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 02, 2015 at 12:30 PM
The Corinthians are coming!

The first few Corinthian hoplites have been completed, pictures attached.

These models are a combination of my work and Todd's. Unfortunately, Todd has run into some pressing time conflicts and can not get the rest of the Corinth sculpts finished as fast as we need them, so I've stepped in to complete the unit. Todd made the original bodies (the metal bodies in the photos) and I sculpted the helmets and all the new green/bronze elements.

There are going to be several more variations on these, I made a bunch of parts that can be assembled into different warriors. The Corinthians are rich, and their armor and weapons are meant to be the best that money can buy, so each warrior is intended to look very ornate. Hopefully it is coming across! The next round of sculpts will have more 'gear', such as swords, daggers, and money pouches.

All of the shields shown are from the Corinth mercenary Battle Honor (a unit with warriors with all different shields.) I'll also be doing the Pegasus shield in the next batch, the standard shield for the Corinthians.

Hope you guys like them!

Corinthian Sculpture

Corinth Hoplites

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 02, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Thanks a lot for these nice pictures and the background info. I was already wondering why all of a sudden you wrote that you are sculpting the Corinthians.

A phalanx with long coats and nice big round shields with different ornaments - great

cheers Thomas

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 02, 2015 at 11:11 PM
Glad we are progressing.. Sad that Chris sculpting Corinthians we slow down other things

---------------

Alcibia
Posted: Thursday, Sep 03, 2015 at 8:31 AM
Every time I see a new sculpt, I find myself wondering how big of a pledge I need to make to get them all. Yes, every time! The level of detail and animation is once again above anything else in the market.

elpasopete
Posted: Thursday, Sep 03, 2015 at 10:12 PM
After waiting 2 years for the Corinthians, I can now look forward to receiving my first model. The wait looks worthwhile.

Guitarheroandy
Member: 2399
Total Posts: 5
Posted: Sunday, Sep 06, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Lovely new Corinthian sculpts! Hopefully the presence of new sculpts means that it won't be too long til the Athenians land with those of us who pledged for them I'm itching to start painting...

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:05 AM
I have to wait til the Corinthians are ready before I get my Athenians

Ps no contact/confirmation as yet about my PayPal pledge increase

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:05 AM
More Corinth bits! The Armor Rack and Casualty. We now have one of these for each Olympus faction, I'll get a photograph of them all together once we get these last ones in metal.

All the armor racks together are going to make a great armory for Hephaestus!

Corinth Armor and Casualty

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Oct 06, 2015 at 8:28 AM
Fantastic as per usual! Well done!

powerfrog99
Posted: Sunday, Oct 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM
It was very quiet here these last weeks, are there no news for us, maybe something like shipping dates for the Athenians?

Thanks

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Oct 30, 2015 at 6:49 PM
I am happy to report that the casting for Athens is complete, and we are wrapping up the packing now.

We'll be sending out the first of the Athens rewards at the beginning of next week. Athens backers should be getting a shipping address confirmation email this weekend.

I've been sneaking in a bit of sculpting too, in between casting and sorting - Bellerophon and his cronies are shaping up, they should be presentable in the next week.

Karameikos
Posted: Saturday, Oct 31, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Glad to hear it, Chris! Looking forward to receiving the Athenians, and seeing the Bellerophon sculpting preview

---------------

Guitarheroandy
Member: 2399
Posted: Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Just a quick message to say that my Athenians arrived today! Stunning sculpts, amazing models! Everything I hoped and more besides - they look even better than the pictures suggest.

I shall enjoy painting these IMMENSELY!!

powerfrog99
Posted: Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:17 AM
That sounds promising Andy, thanks ;-)

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 6:50 PM
any new previews coming our way?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Nov 15, 2015 at 2:17 PM
hazpak said:
any new previews coming our way?
Sorry for the delay guys, I've been juggling several different jobs the last couple weeks.

The good news is that I'll be posting pics of Bellerophon on Tuesday!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 18, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Here's a couple quick pics at what's on the sculpting table.

Bellerophon is about 85% complete, he still needs his hand, neck, hair, and sword to be finished, and a few other little details polished. These last bits always seem to take longer than expected!

Bellerophon - in progress

The Corinth Captain is nearly finished, he just needs his shield (the one pictured is just a generic Corinth shield) and maybe a bit if sculptural detail on his hip armor plates.

Corinth Captain

I'm also working on the bodyguard, but he's not as presentable, maybe in a few days...

Alcibia
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Well those are pretty jaw-dropping.

BlazeXI
Posted: Thursday, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:08 PM
Gob-smacked with quality again, Chris.

---------------
BlazeXI

Tjaroy
Posted: Friday, Nov 20, 2015 at 7:47 PM
Looking great Chris. I can not wait to get my pledge.

Tony

---------------

Akori
Posted: Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 12:11 AM
Bellerophon's breastplate is some of the sickest work you've ever done!!!

---------------

fitterpete
Member: 2149
Total Posts: 28
Posted: Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Damn dude! The Athenians and Corinthians are incredible. I'm so glad you ended up doing these Fitz (nothing against your other sculpters) but everyone I show the regular hoplite greens to cannot believe they are just the "normal troopers". They all look like other companies characters. And then your characters are just plain on another level completely. I'm sure your getting tired of having to be the lone wolf sculpting but don't ever stop man. Any delays are going to be well worth the wait! Pete PS you get all this Greek stuff done and I'd love to see your take on Wargods Assyrians and Babylonians

Perseus
Member: 2053
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 01, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Really love the Corinthians... really happy I picked them and the Amazons even if it will mean waiting a few more months!

---------------
Visit my blog at http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/ or our homepage at http://www.DHC-Wargames.de

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Dec 19, 2015 at 7:08 AM
So what's new?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jan 04, 2016 at 5:28 PM
hazpak said:
So what's new?
We're back from the holidays, I'm working on a general progress update to go up this week. New putty has arrived as well (I've been out the last 2 weeks, but it was OK as I needed to wear the 'writer hat' to finish up the Athens rules stuff anyway.)

Bellerophon is now completely finished too, better pics coming.

GarethPannan
Posted: Sunday, Jan 10, 2016 at 5:34 AM
Looking real good - as per usual! : ) Any news on whats happening next in your list of things to do - Don't mind waiting but just wondering about the book. Also, would love to see maybe a digital book of all of your wonderful artwork - from all of your books. Just an idea. Great stuff mr Croc & co.

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 20, 2016 at 5:48 PM
GarethPannan said:
Looking real good - as per usual! : ) Any news on whats happening next in your list of things to do - Don't mind waiting but just wondering about the book. Also, would love to see maybe a digital book of all of your wonderful artwork - from all of your books. Just an idea. Great stuff mr Croc & co.
This month has been entirely work on the book, so far. I just completed 3 of the last 5 Specialists for the game - slowly getting there! Olympus has a lot more character options than Aegyptus, and making them all interesting, balanced, and fun to play has been an adventure! I may post one of these (Thaumaturge) here on the forums to get some player feedback.

We'd love to do an art book someday, but have to get all this done first! :)

Mordante
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM
That is great to hear. I was getting very discouraged, since the only thing I ordered was the book, and it is well over a year late. I wanted to wait for the book before I decided what model faction to buy. Unfortunately, it has taken so long that all of the local regulars have moved on to other games. I was hoping with the death of Warhammer to pull some of the Warhammer refugees to Wargods, but without something new and shiny to show them in terms of a game or minis they can just go buy at the store, that ship has sailed. I've moved on to Kings of War, and certainly will end up using my Wargods models in that game, but hope to come back to Wargods when the new book comes out to give it a go. Please keep chugging away on the book. Any idea when the ETA for a finished product will be?

GarethPannan
Posted: Thursday, Jan 28, 2016 at 5:53 AM
Thanks for the update Chris! You guys are certainly very busy but doing a great job! I would get a digital art book from you guys, whenever you got round to it! : )

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:44 PM
Sorry for the delay, guys. I've been writing as well as sculpting this month, and it has been exhausting trying to juggle multiple duties. My apologies!

Just posted a general progress report on the Kickstarter Updates page, you can see it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game/posts/1479541

New (finished & better) pics of Bellerophon, as well as the Corinth Hero and Captain too:

King Bellerophon

Corinth Hero

Corinth Captain

Ares
Legbreaker
Posted: Monday, Feb 01, 2016 at 12:00 AM
Ooh spiffy as usual! I would love to paint these up, what with my bum leg and brain and all.

Perseus
Posted: Tuesday, Feb 09, 2016 at 5:55 AM
One thing dawned on me with the last update on KS... the last items will probably be sculpted around the end of this year, going out sometime early 2017. I decided to have it all shipped in one go, if I remember correctly well over 600 USD.

So this means that I will get my stuff sometime 3 ½+ years after pledging. I think I can honestly say, that Fitz, Debs and Crocodile Games are probably the only people on Kickstarter I would trust for this long with my money. I think in addition to the great quality of your products, this really is something you can be proud off!

---------------
Visit my blog at http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/ or our homepage at http://www.DHC-Wargames.de

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:14 AM
Hear Hear!!!

BlazeXI
Posted: Wednesday, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:50 PM
There are a few threads on Facebook gaming groups now, where people are fed up with Kickstarters. I have not encountered bad comments on Croc. I agree with you Preseus. I did get my minis, though. And yes, they are stunning. I wish I could pledge more, but cannot justify ordering more before I paint something myself (mate painted my amazons for me). Now I should paint Spartans than Trojans then I will purchase more minis.

---------------
BlazeXI

fitterpete
Posted: Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:59 PM
Hey Fitz I sent a email about paying to get my Athenians shipped now instead of waiting for the Corinthians.All my other Wargods stuff is painted, I need something to paint! LOL

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 10:23 AM
Hey guys - Perseus, Garth, Blaze - thanks so much for the vocal support, we really appreciate it!

I don't have a lot to show on the miniature front - about a month ago I agitated a nerve in my right elbow, which has caused my little finger and ring finger on my right hand to go numb (like when you hit your 'funny bone'.) My doctor told me to try to keep it straight and not bend it much, so there has not been much sculpting progress this last month.

The good news is that it is getting better, now it is just a minor tingle rather than full-on numbness, so I'm hoping to be back at the sculpting table in a week or 2. Fingers crossed!

It has not been time lost though, as I've spent the last month working on the book (which needed the attention anyway!) Great progress on that front - I've got a couple of our regular players looking over the latest rules, and plan to start making a few of these sections available to backers before the end of the month. This way, we'll hopefully be able to find any errors/discrepancies before we finalize the text for printing.

elpasopete
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 8:35 PM
Hope you get to 100 percent soon Chris! I am looking forward to the Athens faction PDF.

Perseus
Posted: Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the numbness, but I am glad it is getting better!

Take good care of yourself,

Burkhard

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 15, 2016 at 3:24 AM
Back sculpting yet? Anything to release to us yet?

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:22 AM
I hope your feeling better sir and glad you still managed to get some more stuff done on the book! We'll done! : )

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Mar 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM
I've been back to sculpting the last week and a half. My hand is not quite back yet, but it is not as bad as it was - I've been doing some stretching exercises, hopefully they'll pay off eventually. I can work for a while, so long as I don't rest my elbow on the desk or chair (yeah, it was awkward to get used to!)

I'll have some pics tomorrow of some more Corinth hoplite poses, getting ready for a bigger update at the end of the month.

Dreadaxe
Member: 38
Total Posts: 1036
Posted: Thursday, Mar 31, 2016 at 9:31 AM Edited on 2016-03-31 09:39:04.0
Osiris said:
I've been back to sculpting the last week and a half. My hand is not quite back yet, but it is not as bad as it was - I've been doing some stretching exercises, hopefully they'll pay off eventually. I can work for a while, so long as I don't rest my elbow on the desk or chair (yeah, it was awkward to get used to!)

I'll have some pics tomorrow of some more Corinth hoplite poses, getting ready for a bigger update at the end of the month.

Excellent news!

Osiris said wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 10:23 AM:
It has not been time lost though, as I've spent the last month working on the book (which needed the attention anyway!) Great progress on that front - I've got a couple of our regular players looking over the latest rules, and plan to start making a few of these sections available to backers before the end of the month. This way, we'll hopefully be able to find any errors/discrepancies before we finalize the text for printing.
Excellent too. If you want help you have my email!

---------------
Dreadaxe
WarGods_Fr : Y!G | Blog | Photo Gallery
Map player locator T³

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Apr 01, 2016 at 7:51 PM Edited on 2016-04-01 19:53:28.0
OK, so trying to sculpt the last couple weeks, I was messing around with some 'large' items, as it was hard to do fine detail. So I was playing with some Titan head variants to get back into shape. They were actually a pretty good exercise, as the detail was big and chunky. Here they are... the pics make them look bigger than they are, these are sized for Titan Masters.

Titan Heads

Also have some more poses of Corinthians, will put this up in a few minutes.

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Apr 01, 2016 at 9:12 PM
Here are some new poses for the Corinth unit, the top 2 are front rank and the bottom are rear and middle.

Just the Herald, Musician, and Honor Guards left for Corinth!

Corinth Hoplite poses 2

Wolf
Member: 937
Total Posts: 59
Posted: Friday, Apr 01, 2016 at 10:31 PM
Love those, especially the cyclopean Titan head!

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

GarethPannan
Posted: Saturday, Apr 02, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Beautifull work again (if you can call scary titan heads beautiful!). Later on I can see myself getting some of those Corinth guys - money permitting. You seem to be able to manage to get the look of heroic and realistic all at once!! I don't think I know any other sculptor that can do that quite like you! Well done! : )

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Apr 03, 2016 at 12:31 AM
So want the Titan heads now that I've seen them.

---------------

SlowLoris
Member: 603
Total Posts: 306
Posted: Monday, Apr 04, 2016 at 4:35 AM
Glad to hear the hand is on the mend Chris. Titans look awesome, the Cyclopean head is wonderfully aquatic, although I think I prefer the head on the left, bags of character. Corinthians continue to shape up beautifully. Also pleased to hear you've devoted time to the book, are we still on for a Summer release?

Cheers

Stu

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2016 at 7:46 PM
you should practice more on titan conversion bits

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:40 PM
Great to hear your hand is getting better. The cyclopean titan master head is indeed fantastic. It just has to be released. Maybe, for the limited master should you be doing a starter set.

---------------
BlazeXI

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 9:02 PM
FInished Corinth yet? ;)

---------------

elpasopete
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 at 5:55 PM
Any updates Fitz? It's been 6 weeks since we last heard from you.

fitterpete
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Think the Corinthians will be ready by Historicon?

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM
Update! Update! Update!

---------------

Dreadaxe
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 07, 2016 at 10:04 AM
hazpak said:
Update! Update! Update!
Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update!

---------------
Dreadaxe
Map player locator T³

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 08, 2016 at 11:36 AM
Hey gang,

So sorry for the lack of recent updates, it has been a frustrating couple months. I've been to the doctor regarding the numbness in my hand, and though it has gotten a little better from when it started, it has not gone away. The doc says I have an inflamed 'ulnar nerve' that runs through my elbow, and that basically controls my little and ring finger. Though I don't really use these fingers to hold my sculpting tool, they do brace my hand against the other hand (to keep the mini and the tool steady), and it has made sculpting very uncomfortable after an hour or so. I'm pressing on with it, no longer resting my elbow on the table or chair arm (that's what we think caused the initial agitation), so it is not getting worse, but it looks like I may need surgery to move the nerve before it gets anywhere back to normal.

Progress on the minis has been a lot slower than I would like, but here is a pic of the figures currently on the sculpting table, these are 2 of the last 4 Corinth models. The Honor Guard will have a different shield, and will have some sort of decorations on his spear, possibly ribbons, and the Musician still has to have his horn added. Hoping to gave these wrapped up this weekend for Monday or Tuesday I'll post an updated pic then with the final embellishments.

Corinth In Progress Greens

SlowLoris
Posted: Thursday, Jun 09, 2016 at 4:19 AM Edited on 2016-06-09 04:21:02.0
Greetings All

Thanks for the update.

These look great as ever, particularly like the Honour Guard's helmet crest. I'm guessing the last two minis are the other Honour Guard and the Herald? How is the book progressing?

Hope the changes you've made aid your recovery Chris and that you don't end up needing surgery.

Cheers

Stu

BlazeXI
Posted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 5:34 AM
Good luck with the hand issue. I had back problems in february. Could not move, the pain was awful. So I can understand.

---------------
BlazeXI

GarethPannan
Posted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 8:22 AM
Good luck with the hand and I hope you don't need surgery!

Dreadaxe
Posted: Sunday, Jun 19, 2016 at 2:53 AM
Good luck with the hand issue.

About the rulebook?

---------------
Dreadaxe
Map player locator T³

Perseus
Posted: Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Too bad your hand is still giving you problems!

If it is any consolation... I am a Corinthian backer and I like your work. So even if it is harder and slower, the results are still great.
Will this Titan heads go on sale as well? I would love some of those!

---------------

Perseus
Posted: Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM

If it is any consolation... I am a Corinthian backer and I like your work. So even if it is harder and slower, the results are still great.

---------------

fitterpete
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 05, 2016 at 4:42 PM
I'll be done painting my Athenians this weekend. Any chance I can pick up my Corinthians at Historicon?(:

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:21 AM
New pics, fresh from the sculpting table!

I changed pace a bit and started working on some new horses. These are going to be serving multiple duties, for the Amazon Cavalry as well as the teams for the Trojan and Mycenaean chariots (with a few changes). These are a little different from my old horses (in the Aegyptus range), a little more realistic... the old horses were sculpted about 15 years ago! I'm going to be doing at least 1 more base model (for Penthesilea), and then these will be converted a few times to slightly different poses. Hope you guys like them!

New WarGods Horses

New WarGods Horses 2

Here are those last 2 Corinth models, now finished:

Corinth Command

Just need to complete the Herald and a conversion of the Honor Guard, and Corinth will be done!

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:30 AM Edited on 2016-07-12 05:32:26.0
So, a hand update... the doctor had me on a steroid last week - I've now taken them all, but I've not really noticed any difference. That's a bummer, I was hoping it would help... The good news is that the sculpting is getting better, it was a little shaky for a few weeks! The numbness is just a dull tingle at this point, not terrible but still very distracting.

I'm just going to keep working through it though... if I have to have surgery I'm planning on putting it off until all these Kickstarter sculpting commitments are finished, as I don't know how long it would take to recover. Not an ideal situation, but that's what I get for getting older.

Thanks a lot for all the support, I really appreciate it!

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:34 AM
fitterpete said:
I'll be done painting my Athenians this weekend. Any chance I can pick up my Corinthians at Historicon?(:

They will not be ready for sale at Historicon, but we'll have some to show off. Sorry! We will have some Athenians available though.

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:38 AM
Perseus said:

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Yes, the Titan Heads will be made available. I did a set of Tentacle arms too, a few more variations and conversion parts are planned, when I can sneak them in. The Titan parts are nice, as they are significantly easier to sculpt than a human model, I can work on one with bits of left-over putty from the harder projects.

powerfrog99
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:35 PM Edited on 2016-07-12 14:36:08.0
Thanks for the update Chris,

Great models as always and these are exactly why I am increasing my pledge for every new wave finished

I hope you will recover from the hand issue without any surgery.

cheers Thomas

---------------

Wolf
Member: 937
Total Posts: 59
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:18 PM
Glad to hear you can sculpt again. Definitely plan on picking up those Corinthians when they are ready. Try not to over do it with that hand.

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Perseus
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 13, 2016 at 9:23 AM
That is great news on the Titan parts... still have all but one to do, so i will put that off a little longer (have been for years now, so does it matter?) and go for the bigger variation!

Love the horses. The old ones were kind of the weak point in the range. They are still better than what one gets from most companies on the market, but quite up to the quality of the rest of the range.

Cheers,

Burkhard

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 5:46 PM
Good news on the titan parts been waiting on those for ages. guess i will need to do another titan warband

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Saturday, Jul 16, 2016 at 1:39 AM
Here's hoping your hand gets better and better! Love those horses, well done! All the best to you and Debbie and your staff, keep it up mate! : )

Doug
Member: 1436
Total Posts: 8
Posted: Saturday, Jul 16, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Horses look great so far, really looking forward to the mounted Amazons! Good luck with your continued hand issues, hope it gets better soon!

BlazeXI
Posted: Sunday, Jul 24, 2016 at 6:22 AM
First of all, hope your hand gets better soon.

Second, the minis are gorgeous. Lovely horses. Surely selling them separately on webstore or in blisters would attract attention of people not into Wargods.

---------------
BlazeXI

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Aug 21, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Update please. How are we going?

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Monday, Aug 22, 2016 at 5:45 AM
Any word o wonderful folk on the book? I looked at your Facebook page and noticed some truly awesome artworks! I hope you are all doing well! : )

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 1:28 PM Edited on 2016-09-02 13:34:42.0
Hey gang,

Sorry for the dry spell on the updates, I've been locked away in the sculpting room, trying to get a dozen minis finished. Here's a few to show off...

I mentioned a while back I had started on some horses - because I have to sculpt Chariots, Cavalry, and even Centaurs eventually, the horses had to be done early. Equestrian models are always very time-intensive (as you are basically sculpting 2 models instead of one) so it helped to have some completed horses to work from. While the horses were at the moldmaker, I got busy working on some parts for the upcoming chariots.

First up is the Trojan Chariot - this is basically finished, but it did not want to stay assembled so I just took a photo of the new elements without the base and wheels. There will also be another alternate front-plate, with a slightly different design.

Trojan Chariot

Second is the Mycenaean Chariot, this one is sort of a 'royal' chariot suitable for Aggamemnon or a Demigod or Hero, with the lion-gate emblem of Mycenae emblazoned on the front. I may also add some flags or tassels along the rail, similar to the Trojan Chariot. This one also shows the completed horse team pulling it - these horses will be used for all of the other chariots as well, with possibly some minor decorative changes on the Trojan variations.

Mycenaean Chariot 1

Last is the alternate Mycenaean Chariot, more of a basic warrior's model. This one was sculpted by Jeff Wilhelm a few years ago, and I just added the green wicker elements.

Mycenaean Chariot 2

The last of the Corinth models is finished now too, currently in the cooker - the swordsmen, Herald, and the last pose of the Honor Guard. I'll post some pics in the morning of these guys!

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 1:36 PM
BlazeXI said:
First of all, hope your hand gets better soon.

Second, the minis are gorgeous. Lovely horses. Surely selling them separately on webstore or in blisters would attract attention of people not into Wargods.

Thanks! Yeah, we'll make them available separately, if folks want them.

Karameikos
Posted: Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 8:51 PM
Awesome sculpts! And I'm definitely a fan of the chariot options :-)

Glad to hear that the Corinthian's are coming along in production - I've been reorganizing my miniatures, and have a spot reserved for them! I've also been reorganizing all of my RPG books, in anticipation of finally assembling my ancients campaign. I can't thank you all enough for launching Wargods years ago: this line has been a dream come true!!!

Keep up the great work, Croc Team!!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 1:38 PM
The last of the Corinth models - now complete! These still need to be molded, I'll be dropping them off to get their master molds made this week.

Swordsmen, these use the same bodies as the front-rank hoplites, with sword arms instead of spears:

Corinth Swordsmen

And the pair of Honor Guards - these guys are big bruisers, they stand a bit taller than the average warrior model.

Corinth Honor Guards

Last, the command models - the Herald and Musician. I need to get a photo of the backs of them, their cloaks look tame from this angle, but they actually look bit more dramatic from the rear, with long, flowing lines. Here's a front pic:

Corinth Command

Hope you guys like these! It took a while to get back on the sculpting horse, but things are going pretty smoothly now (knock on wood!)

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 5:09 PM
Excellent. Looking forward to the harpies for me Titans - I need options

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 5:35 PM
will we have the opportunity to choose which mycenaean chariot we want if we pledged? or will everyone get a specific one

thinking of adding more chariots now that i've seen them

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Thursday, Sep 15, 2016 at 1:22 PM
I am sounding like a broken record, but these are fantastic.

---------------
BlazeXI

GarethPannan
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 21, 2016 at 9:17 AM
Fantastic sculpts again! Isn't there a law against being this good? Well done! : )

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 28, 2016 at 6:56 AM
So how's the Corinthian production coming along? Nearly ready for shipping?

---------------

SlowLoris
Posted: Saturday, Oct 08, 2016 at 1:21 PM
Greetings All

Been a while since I've checked in, this lot is looking lovely:)

Really impressed with the herald, best standard so far:)

I'm assuming the elbow is mended Chris?

Any idea when we'll be seeing the rulebook?

Still got plenty of patience, looking forward to playing with a full set of rules and seeing what else is in store:)

Cheers

Stu

SlowLoris
Posted: Saturday, Oct 08, 2016 at 1:24 PM
Greetings All

Been a while since I've checked in, this lot is looking lovely:)

Really impressed with the herald, best standard so far:)

I'm assuming the elbow is well on the way to mended Chris?

Any idea when we'll be seeing the rulebook?

Still got plenty of patience, looking forward to playing with a full set of rules and seeing what else is in store:)

Cheers

Stu

hazpak
Posted: Thursday, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:59 PM
Apparently in another thread summer is the estimated timeframe for the book... if the Corinthians could get here by nov I might be able to take them to cancon...

---------------

SlowLoris
Posted: Friday, Oct 14, 2016 at 10:18 AM
Thanks Hazpak

However as Buffalo Tom say 'Summers Gone!'

A number of us here in Kent are waiting to get everything in one go, triggered by the release of the rule book.

Really we'd like to know a realistic eta.

Hope you get your Corinthians in time for Cancon, sounds like a brilliant place to debut them:)

Cheers

Stu

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Oct 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM
Sorry I assumed next summer ie 2017. I'll go reread the thread

I split my order into 2 factions at a time to avoid that very thing

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Oct 22, 2016 at 7:32 AM Edited on 2016-10-22 07:33:54.0
Hey guys,

Lots and lots of sculpting has been going on the last few weeks - all the Corinth models are done, and their masters have been cast and cleaned - I'm handing off all the masters to our moldmakers on Monday, along with the latest batch of greens. Check them out here:

New Greens for October

You'll notice there are a couple Corinth models included here, their castings did not turn out well, so I repaired them and we're going to make a new set masters. It's a pain, but a necessary one to have the best models in the end! As soon as we get the mold back they'll go into production, and the book will follow after the Corinth wave.

Sculpting on the Mycenean Chariot now comes to a close, as we now have a complete cart, crew, and horses! I'll get an assembled photo once I get the driver back (in the pic above). Hopefully you guys will like the end result!

The sculpting for the "Gates of Troy" release is also underway - now finished are the Trojan chariot hero in heavy armor (in the photo above), the War Altar Priest and litter bearer, and the Trojan Temple Guard pose 1 (for the Seer.) My arm has healed up to the point that I can now work without problems - it's still tingly in the fingertips, and will likely never be back to 100%, but at least I'm back in the game.

I know we're way behind on this stuff, and I'm 'burning the midnight oil' to get it all done. I've been trying to complete all of the sculpting before the year is out - there are now less than 20 miniatures to complete, out of around 150 parts at the beginning of the project. That is huge, the end is in sight and I'm trying to keep up the steam in the last few months. Obviously we won't have metal copies of all of these by then, it'll take some more time to get them all cast - but finished greens will be a huge part of the journey complete.

Thanks for all the support guys, the first part of this year was very depressing and worrying, and I really appreciate all the encouragement.

More sculpts to come in the days ahead - there are a bunch more on the table now, coming together as fast as I can squish them into shape.

Trojan Temple Guard, for the Seer - first of 2 poses: Trojan Temple Guard

Trojan Priest, which comes with the War Altar: Trojan War Altar priest

Alcibia
Posted: Saturday, Oct 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM
Of course every piece here is incredible, but that Trojan priest is beyond anything I have seen before! The detail is astonishing.

Karameikos
Posted: Sunday, Oct 23, 2016 at 10:24 AM
Excellent sculpts! I'm loving all of the "extra" details on the Trojan Temple Guard

---------------

SlowLoris
Posted: Sunday, Oct 23, 2016 at 11:59 AM
Evening All...

Very pleased to hear the arm is on the mend:)

This is cracking Stuff and I have to agree the priest is a step beyond!

Given that the rule book is next could you give us all an eta please.

Doesn't matter how soon or far away it is, we'd just like to know when we can get cracking on the finished draft of the game:)

Cheers

Stu

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Oct 24, 2016 at 8:23 PM
Rules would be good....

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Friday, Oct 28, 2016 at 3:54 PM
All looking really great!! I know some of these will be mine when they are released on your website! Keep up the amazing work sir,bravo! : )

BlazeXI
Posted: Saturday, Nov 05, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Fantastic. Must start painting my mercenary figure if you are to start to work on the book soon.

---------------
BlazeXI

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Nov 13, 2016 at 8:54 AM Edited on 2016-11-13 08:55:16.0
Here are some better pics of 2 of the chariots, now in metal and assembled. Now that I've put a couple of these together, I think my original plan of making the horses designed with tabs for the slotted bases was a bad idea - they horses end up on a higher level than the cart, and it is very fussy to assemble. I think the next horses I do may be redesigned on low-profile integral bases, that taper to a thin edge - which should be easy to just glue to a slotta. Here are those pics:

Generic Chariot Generic Chariot in metal

Trojan Chariot Troy Chariot in metal 1

Troy Chariot in metal 2

Stu, I'm very hopeful we'll have the Corinthians to our backers by CanCon (late January). We're just waiting on the molds to get completed so I can cast them, fingers crossed everything comes out OK.

I know you guys are eager for the book, I've been working long hours on the final rules additions (100 demigod powers are at last complete!) and I've also enlisted a couple forum members to help with the editing a proofreading. I'll make some of these sections available to any backers who want to help with the proofing and playtesting sometime next week. To go along with this, I'll start another thread on the forum dedicated to rules comments so we can keep this one about the miniatures.

Thanks everyone!

Akori
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:56 AM
I'm here to help!

---------------

Tjaroy
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 16, 2016 at 5:23 PM
I am also ready and willing to help out.

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 16, 2016 at 7:23 PM
I have all the factions so far (bar athenians and corinthians) and old hands and new people willing to learn the game close by. Happy to help with playtesting or reading if needed

---------------

powerfrog99
Posted: Thursday, Nov 17, 2016 at 3:20 PM
OOhh these chariots are nice

As always well worth the wait ;-)

cheers Thomas

---------------

Dreadaxe
Posted: Thursday, Nov 17, 2016 at 4:09 PM
Osiris said:
I know you guys are eager for the book, I've been working long hours on the final rules additions (100 demigod powers are at last complete!) and I've also enlisted a couple forum members to help with the editing a proofreading. I'll make some of these sections available to any backers who want to help with the proofing and playtesting sometime next week. To go along with this, I'll start another thread on the forum dedicated to rules comments so we can keep this one about the miniatures.

Thanks everyone!

I hate this forum system with no notification (no RSS, no email notification…).

I'm here to help too!

---------------
Dreadaxe
Map player locator T³

Oceanborn
Posted: Friday, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:24 PM
I'm happy to help as well.

GarethPannan
Posted: Sunday, Nov 20, 2016 at 6:27 AM
I,ve never played but if you want someone to read something - happy to help! : )

elpasopete
Posted: Sunday, Nov 27, 2016 at 9:44 AM
I will help proof/play test, especially interested in the Titan section. Pete

SlowLoris
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Greetings All

Just seen this, everything is looking excellent, definitely up for proof reading if you need anymore volunteers.

Tapered bases for the horses is an effective method of getting them solidly onto chariot bases, I'm half way through putting one together and ended up removing the tabs and drilling the horses, it is fiddly, time consuming and probably weaker than an integrated base.

Corinthians for the new year sounds awesome.

Cheers

Stu

Asian Sensation
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 07, 2016 at 10:46 AM
Chris,

I was very excited to receive the Kickstarter e-mail notification about the completion of the Demigod Powers! I'm eager to start reading and trying them out in anticipation of the new rulebook. I'm willing to help out with any playtesting or editing of anything that still remains.

The sooner, the better! I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Respectfully, Kevin

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Dec 17, 2016 at 6:38 AM
So did the Corinthian mould turn out ok? Started casting yet?

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:26 PM
launching signal flares.

lighting signal fire

anyone out there.. tap tap tap

;)

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jan 31, 2017 at 3:30 AM
hazpak said:
launching signal flares.

lighting signal fire

anyone out there.. tap tap tap

;)

Signal fires spotted, Trojan and Amazon reinforcements dispatched!

Lot's of sculpting the last month, as I've been trying to wrap up the Gates of Troy and get the Amazon Attack (cavalry) underway. The Gates of Troy wave is getting close to completion - now finished are the Chariot and crew, the Seer and Temple Guards, and the War Altar is about half done - just starting on the 2 guards and the Altar Relic itself. Hector, Paris, and the Tragic Hero are all posed out, and the first bits of green have been applied. This wave was a lot more sculpting than I anticipated, the Chariot and War Altar are a lot of components - but they are getting there.

Here are some pictures of the Trojan Seer, and a metal casting of one of the Temple Guards (the second Temple Guard is done too, she can be seen in the 'new greens' box at the bottom.) The Seer is a simple figure, but I think she'll be a lot of fun in the game - her rules are in the Trojan PDF if you guys have not seen them yet!

Trojan Seer

And here's a pic with one of her guards:

Seer and Temple Guard

I've been working out some of the design issues for the Amazon Cavalry on a single figure, so that I don't have to 'explore' while working on the whole unit. The first one is done! There are a few bits I'll change on her design for the rest of them - mainly the cut of her skirt, I think she turned out ok.

Amazon Cavalry

Here is a picture of her from the back, and a good view of her shield.

Amazon Cavalry rear

And now you are asking, "Fitz, will the arms be compatible with the Front Rank Amazons? And the Swordswomen???" Yes indeedy! All the warrior arm-sprues should be interchangeable, so that you can make Cavalry with swords, spears, or even axes (coming soon).

Amazon Cavalry Arm Options

I mentioned a while back that I was considering reworking the bases of the Olympus horses. I did, and now they are on easy-to-glue-on flat integral bases, rather than the slotted tabs. You guys will thank me when it comes to assembling the Chariot, the flat bases make it a lot easier to put onto the mdf chariot base, and they look nicer once flocked. Behold:

New Horse Bases

And last, here's a box of some more parts on the way to the moldmaker. Yes, those are some Titan arms (with the 'claw' mutations) the second Trojan Altar Bearer, the Trojan Chariot Driver, and the second pose of the Temple Guard.

New Greens for January

Thanks for being patient guys! We are getting there!

Fitz

BlazeXI
Posted: Tuesday, Jan 31, 2017 at 2:37 PM
Great stuff, as usual Chris.

---------------
BlazeXI

BlazeXI
Posted: Tuesday, Jan 31, 2017 at 2:37 PM Edited on 2017-01-31 14:42:02.0
Would be nice to see all miniatures sculpted so far.

---------------
BlazeXI

SlowLoris
Posted: Tuesday, Jan 31, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Top Notch.

Intrigued to see another couple of Titan parts...

Cheers

Stu

Tjaroy
Posted: Wednesday, Feb 01, 2017 at 12:27 PM
Really looking great. Can not wait for the last few models.

NorCal Tony

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Wednesday, Feb 01, 2017 at 2:53 PM
As usual, WOW! Looking real good, love the Amazon cab, goat get some of those when released! Well done sir! : )

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Feb 09, 2017 at 6:07 PM Edited on 2017-02-09 18:14:23.0
Here's another one I just finished to go into the mold with the last batch - the Trojan Altar Guard. He's a little beefier than the earlier Trojans, as the guards would be bigger guys than the run-of-the-mill soldier.

There will be a second pose of him too, so he can be placed on either side of the Altar and priest.

Troy Altar Guard 1

Pictured here with the Seer for scale:

Troy Altar Guard, and Seer

His axe is based on ceremonial axes from the Minoan era, I may do the next one with a double-blade design, like these, what do you guys think? Here are some pics:

Minoan Cerimonial Axe

Alcibia
Posted: Friday, Feb 10, 2017 at 8:01 AM
I like the idea of the guards being armed with the same weapon, save the double-blade for something in the Cretan pirate group. That is just my 2 cents (I usually get change back on my 2 cents worth, so...)

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Feb 12, 2017 at 1:29 AM
Agree to same weapon for uniformity.

---------------

Tjaroy
Posted: Tuesday, Feb 21, 2017 at 11:21 AM
Really like the Guard model, he looks great. But I will agree with the others the two guards should be armed alike.

Norcal Tony

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Feb 24, 2017 at 7:45 AM Edited on 2017-02-24 07:49:57.0
OK, here's the latest from the sculpting table - the Trojan 'Tragic Hero'.

Since the Seers have foretold of his imminent death, I wanted to try to evoke this on the miniature - tricky, I know. I tried to give him the appearance of standing overlooking a battlefield, with the wind blowing at his back - as if compelling him to face his inevitable fate.

Hope you guys like him!

Now just Hector and Paris to go for the Gates of Troy...

Trojan Tragic Hero

Tragic Hero rear

Tjaroy
Posted: Saturday, Feb 25, 2017 at 3:39 PM
The hero looks great Chris. Can not wait to get him.

NorCal Tony

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Sunday, Feb 26, 2017 at 12:24 PM
Fantastic job, Chris.

---------------
BlazeXI

marius
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 10:09 PM Edited on 2017-03-01 22:16:05.0
Hi guys any word on whether we can still pledge for the Amazon attack?

Also, any indication as to when the currently completed models will be available in the online store. Would love to add to my Amazons

Thanks Dave

hazpak
Posted: Thursday, Mar 02, 2017 at 6:50 AM
Has anyone got corinthians and/or athenians yet?

---------------

elpasopete
Posted: Thursday, Mar 02, 2017 at 4:25 PM
Athenians were shipped about 6 months ago. Did you select shipment all at once or as released. I had to change my choice to as released, else I would have to wait until everything I ordered was released. No Corinthians yet.

Pete

Akori
Posted: Thursday, Mar 02, 2017 at 4:48 PM
Beautiful sculpt on the Tragic Trojan Hero! Look on his face is tragic ...some pun intended.

I'm still on the "wait to ship until entire order is complete" train. my Wife is gonna go nuts when everything arrives!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Thursday, Mar 02, 2017 at 9:28 PM
I was getting both athenians and corinthians shipped at once. the last package will be everything else after that.

if no corinthians yet i'm hoping to confirm address on record etc.

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Mar 11, 2017 at 8:56 PM
Still no word. I upped the pledge too... worry is starting to set in

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Mar 18, 2017 at 7:55 AM Edited on 2017-03-18 07:56:08.0
Ok i'm good again

Got me thinking though. SInce the kickstarter finished i have

Moved, Got Engaged, Got Married, Had 1 child and will soon have a second child (May)

---------------

Asian Sensation
Posted: Friday, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Chris,

When might the newly updated Olympus Chariot Horses on flat bases be made available to purchase through PayPal Kickstarter Pledge or the Crocodile Games online store? I'd like to get reworking my Spartan chariots ASAP. You also mentioned new MDF chariot bases... where can I purchase those?

I'm SO looking forward to getting everything ready again to play Wargods of Olympus. Is there any chance there will be some previews and demos at GenCon this year?

Your Faithful Gaming Acolyte, Kevin

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 28, 2017 at 1:23 PM
Asian Sensation said:
Chris,

When might the newly updated Olympus Chariot Horses on flat bases be made available to purchase through PayPal Kickstarter Pledge or the Crocodile Games online store? I'd like to get reworking my Spartan chariots ASAP. You also mentioned new MDF chariot bases... where can I purchase those?

I'm SO looking forward to getting everything ready again to play Wargods of Olympus. Is there any chance there will be some previews and demos at GenCon this year?

Your Faithful Gaming Acolyte, Kevin

Kevin, that's a great idea about getting the new horses onto the store ASAP.

I should be picking up the horse master mold this week, and will run it with the final batch of Corinth models next week - and get the production molds made right after - so a few weeks at least, but I'll try to fast-track them if possible.

We have chariot bases onhand, I'll ask Felicity to put them into the croc store this weekend.

We'd love to be at GenCon this year, we should know better in a couple months.

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Apr 22, 2017 at 8:19 AM
Any word on those titan bits hitting the store that you were sculpting a while ago?

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 7:56 AM
hazpak said:
Any word on those titan bits hitting the store that you were sculpting a while ago?
I was under impression no new releases will hit the online store before the Kickstarter is fulfilled entirely. There are To-Tanem slingers ready and something for Anubis waiting for release.

---------------
BlazeXI

ElderDays
Member: 2565
Total Posts: 4
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 2:21 PM
Has anyone received their Corinthians yet? I was under the impression that they were being sent out the first week of April but package as of yet.

fitterpete
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Still looking for mine too

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 11:22 PM Edited on 2017-05-13 23:24:12.0
Some in-progress pics of the latest couple Amazon cavalry models.

Amazon Cavalry archers

Amazon cavalry alternate angle

Amazon Cavalry archers

Hector is done too, going to post some more pics once the camera battery recharges.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Hector green! Seeing him blown up on the screen, I realize I forgot the buckle on his belt, so I'll add that in yet.

Hector, prince of Troy

Only Paris left for the 'Gates of Troy' wave!

Karameikos
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 9:40 PM
I'm loving the detail and variety on the Amazon cavalry! And Hector's intricate armor shouts "POWER", even without his buckle

Looking forward to seeing Paris - keep the updates coming!

---------------

Dreadaxe
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM
Strong man Hector!! His blade is big.

2 days for have comments... Maybe use the Facebook for show green, promote WarGods and Crocodile Games is more appropriate than a dead forum with no noticications? :/

---------------
Dreadaxe
Map player locator T³

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 9:19 AM
Or do both

---------------

SlowLoris
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 3:37 AM
Loving the look of the Amazons, the one on the right in particular. I detect a Scythian vibe...

Cheers

Stu

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Jun 16, 2017 at 6:34 PM Edited on 2017-06-16 18:41:12.0
Good news! Todd Harris is back on the project!

Todd has ridden to the rescue, and is helping to take up the slack on the sculpting so I can focus on the last of the rules stuff.

Here are his first new figs - the Cyclopes!

Each of these has a head that is a separate part, and are interchangeable with each other. Also, the belt-gear bits are also separate and interchangeable.

We could not be more pleased with these, and we hope you guys like them too! He's now working on the Harpies, and we are hoping to have the last of the Kickstarter sculpts finished in the next few weeks.

And here they are:

Cyclopes 1 With a Trojan, for scale.

Cyclopes 2 View from the back, showing their belt gear - one with forge equipment, and the other with "lunch", a cow-leg and an amphorae of wine!

Cyclopes 3 Posed with Hephaestus, sorry this one is a little blurry, their heavy footsteps made the camera shake!

Cyclopes 4

Cyclopes 5 This one has their heads swapped!

Asian Sensation
Posted: Friday, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:57 PM
Chris,

Wow! Those Cyclopes look great! I'm looking forward to the massive conflicts my Titan Hunters are going to have against those monstrosities!

Great job, Todd!

Any update on the new steeds/chariot horses and MDF chariot bases getting added to the online store?

I hope you and Debs make it out to GenCon this year. It seems like we haven't seen Crocodile Games in the Dealer's Room in a very long time

Your Fellow Gamer, Kevin

GarethPannan
Posted: Saturday, Jun 17, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Wow, Looking great!! : )

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 18, 2017 at 9:47 AM
Asian Sensation said:
Chris,

Wow! Those Cyclopes look great! I'm looking forward to the massive conflicts my Titan Hunters are going to have against those monstrosities!

Great job, Todd!

Any update on the new steeds/chariot horses and MDF chariot bases getting added to the online store?

I hope you and Debs make it out to GenCon this year. It seems like we haven't seen Crocodile Games in the Dealer's Room in a very long time

Your Fellow Gamer, Kevin

Thanks Kevin!

The horse masters are at the moldmakers, I'll make them available as soon as we get the production molds. They have a big pile of them (most of the Gates of Troy models) at the moment. Hopefully not too long now!

Yeah, we'll be at GenCon, we're going to share a space with Pulp Figures.

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Jun 18, 2017 at 7:33 PM
Really would like to know if my athenians and corinthians are in the post yet?

---------------

Akori
Posted: Monday, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:56 AM
AWESOME!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:32 PM
hazpak said:
Really would like to know if my athenians and corinthians are in the post yet?
I was casting all last week - the last bits and stragglers to pack the remaining Corinth and Athens deals, and we got a couple dozen packed over the weekend. We should be shipping anyone who is still waiting on these this week.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 19, 2017 at 7:54 PM
Good news indeed - cyclops look awesome too

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:38 PM
Cyclops look amazing! Please remember to post a picture of entire new collection once the sculpting is finished. Bet the sight will be jaw dropping.

---------------
BlazeXI

SlowLoris
Posted: Monday, Jun 26, 2017 at 12:20 PM
TOP NOTCH!

Very impressed, now I just need the pound to get strong enough to up my pledge:)

Cheers

Stu

Dreadaxe
Posted: Saturday, Jul 01, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Osiris said:
Good news! Todd Harris is back on the project!

Todd has ridden to the rescue, and is helping to take up the slack on the sculpting so I can focus on the last of the rules stuff.

Here are his first new figs - the Cyclopes!

Each of these has a head that is a separate part, and are interchangeable with each other. Also, the belt-gear bits are also separate and interchangeable.

We could not be more pleased with these, and we hope you guys like them too! He's now working on the Harpies, and we are hoping to have the last of the Kickstarter sculpts finished in the next few weeks.

And here they are:

Cyclopes 1 With a Trojan, for scale.

Cyclopes 2 View from the back, showing their belt gear - one with forge equipment, and the other with "lunch", a cow-leg and an amphorae of wine!

Cyclopes 3 Posed with Hephaestus, sorry this one is a little blurry, their heavy footsteps made the camera shake!

Cyclopes 4

Cyclopes 5 This one has their heads swapped!

---------------
Dreadaxe
Map player locator T³

Tjaroy
Posted: Sunday, Jul 02, 2017 at 11:07 AM
Awesome as always Chris. I will have to order some now.

NorCal Tony

---------------

Doug
Member: 1436
Total Posts: 8
Posted: Sunday, Jul 02, 2017 at 6:16 PM Edited on 2017-07-02 19:16:08.0
Is there any plan to sculpt a figure depicting the Amazon Manhunter as described in their PDF or is that supposed to be a conversion?

marius
Posted: Sunday, Jul 02, 2017 at 7:53 PM
Wow great stuff.

Also just saw the amazons available in the online store!

Is late pledging still open for the Cyclopes and the mounted amazons? (Can already see the Cyclopes running around yelling nobody is attacking me!)

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jul 03, 2017 at 12:17 AM Edited on 2017-07-03 00:22:22.0
Doug said:
Is there any plan to sculpt a figure depicting the Amazon Manhunter as described in their PDF or is that supposed to be a conversion?
Yes, I'll be doing a Manhunter - she'll be part of a 3rd wave, along with some more Amazon models - the War Witch, some hero variations, and some axe options for the front rank warriors (instead of spears or swords). We're close to being done with all the KS minis, so hopefully I'll get to work on her before the year is out.

Marius said:
Wow great stuff.

Also just saw the amazons available in the online store!

Is late pledging still open for the Cyclopes and the mounted amazons? (Can already see the Cyclopes running around yelling nobody is attacking me!)

Thanks! Yes, you can still back the Gates of Troy, Amazon Attack, and monsters until we start shipping them.

Good news on the monster front as well - a package arrived this weekend from Todd, and all of the Harpy sculpts are now done - pics coming tomorrow!

marius
Posted: Monday, Jul 03, 2017 at 6:58 PM
Chris that is awesome news.

Its also great to see this stuff moving along again.

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 04, 2017 at 7:41 AM
My package arrived :)

now just one to go

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 3:44 AM
A flock of Harpies have descended upon Crocodile Games!

Todd's second batch of Harpies arrived in the mail last week, and I finally found some time on the 4th of July to go out and cast the masters from his first set - now we can show them all off!

I think these look great, slightly taller than man-sized, just large enough to be believable that they could pick up a person in their claws. Hope you guys like these:

Harpy 1

Harpy 2 poses

Harpy 3

Harpies rear

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 4:28 AM Edited on 2017-07-05 04:47:17.0
I've also finished the last bit for the Troy War Altar.

What I have made is a small shrine, that contains a tiny statue of Athena. It could also be used with any of the other war altars for a Demigoddess of Athena. (We only have a Spartan altar at the moment, but if sales are good we may make the other factions.)

The little statue of Athena inside is meant to be the Palladium. For those who are not familiar with the legends surrounding Troy, it basically goes like this - Zeus was fond of the Trojans, and so he commanded Athena to give them a sacred statue of herself (or sometimes it is said he threw it down from Olympus himself.) So long as the statue remained within the walls of Troy, the city would not fall. During the Trojan war, pesky Odysseus and is buddy Diomedes infiltrated the city and stole the statue, thus opening the way for the city's eventual defeat. Later legends say that it was then carried away by Aeneas as he escaped from the burning city, and he and the remaining Trojans carried it with them until they finally founded the city that would eventually become Rome. I've always loved the story, and so it was fun to sculpt it! It is a bit like an ancient-greek 'ark of the covenant' as shown in the Indiana Jones movies.

Here's a photo from an ancient vase, showing Diomedes stealing the Palladium - it is meant to be small!

Palladium vase

And so without further ado, I give you... the Palladium! :D

Trojan War Altar

The shrine looks a little funny, as it is made with several different types of putty and plasticard - that's why it has all the different colors. The cast part should look better, all in one color.

It is likely that this element will have to be made in resin, as the Beesputty structure probably could not handle vulcanization.

Here's a closer view, so you can just see the little Athena inside the shrine:

The Palladium

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 4:04 PM
Wow, the Harpies as well as the War Altar - great stuff

I have just spent money on the Gates of Troy and now seeing this I have to put some more aside for he next waves

cheers Thomas

---------------

SlowLoris
Posted: Saturday, Jul 08, 2017 at 1:24 PM
Blimey you're having a productive summer, bravo!

All looks excellent, be interested to see the war altars for the remaining factions someday.

Harpies look great, as do the cyclops, looking forward to seeing the hydra, be intrigued to see if you go with resin?

Cheers

Stu

Tjaroy
Posted: Sunday, Jul 09, 2017 at 1:38 PM
Really looking good.

Tony

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Saturday, Jul 15, 2017 at 2:03 PM Edited on 2017-07-16 12:28:21.0
Looks great. And the Kickstarter is looking to be fulfilled before Christmas. Once it is done you need to check what models are missing for Aegyptus and Olympus, plan a sculpting schedule and with half of this done Run a 'gap filling' kickstarter.

---------------
BlazeXI

drunkendwarf
Member: 99
Total Posts: 69
Posted: Sunday, Jul 16, 2017 at 2:00 PM
BlazeXI said:
Looks great. And the Kickstarter is looking to be fulfilled before Christmas. Once it is done you need to check what models are missing for Aegyptus and Olympus, plan a sculpting schedule and with half of this done Run a 'gap filling' kickstarter.
Great idea! I will support that one if it comes. Especially specialist for Olympus.

DJ

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Jul 22, 2017 at 9:45 AM
Having thought long and hard about this. I would not support another kickstarter unless the stated delivery times are more realistic. I also don't have the disposable income anymore but that is beside the point.

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Sunday, Jul 23, 2017 at 8:42 PM
hazpak said:
Having thought long and hard about this. I would not support another kickstarter unless the stated delivery times are more realistic. I also don't have the disposable income anymore but that is beside the point.
Agree with Hazpak here - not only that I no longer have the disposable income, but this has dragged on a lot longer than originally anticipated. Unfortunately I think part of the problem is that it got bigger than originally planned.

I've noticed a shift in miniatures kickstarters since this one ran, with many more picking a limited number of figures and stopping adding goals when they hit that point, also running them for much shorter periods (I've seen a few for a single figure running as 24 hours projects, or 3-7 figures as 1 week projects).

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 25, 2017 at 3:15 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the comments guys, and for the fair criticisms. Rest assured, we're not planning another Kickstarter at the moment - right now all of our energies are devoted to finishing up the last elements for this one.

Once the last of our rewards have shipped, we'll sit down and do a wrap-up, to figure out what exactly went awry and how we can do better next time. It is plain to see that we got overextended on this, so if we do do future programs they will certainly be more modest, with goals that can be achieved in a much shorter time. But that's a conversation for later, we still have plenty of work to do on this one, even if the end is in sight.

Back on the subject of the minis - I've just finished cleaning all the masters for the Gates of Troy wave production molds, as well as the Mycenaean Chariot, and the first mold of the monsters. I'm hoping to be able to start shipping the Gates of Troy in August, with the Monsters and Mycenaean Chariot right after - assuming we don't have big delays on the moldmaking (fingers crossed.) I should have a better idea about them later this week.

Next up on the sculpting table is Paris and the Hydra. No pictures to show yet, but they are underway.

Zebb
Posted: Tuesday, Aug 01, 2017 at 8:38 AM Edited on 2017-08-01 08:39:38.0
I have moved country twice since the kickstarter started/finished. Whats the best way of getting you my new address?

Asian Sensation
Posted: Sunday, Aug 06, 2017 at 7:48 PM
Chris,

With GenCon only several days away, I'm very anxious to get my hands on some of the miniatures that I didn't order through the Kickstarter campaign. What do you plan on having with you for purchase at the Croc booth this year?

Any special offers?

I look forward to seeing you.

Thanks!

Respectfully, Kevin

GarethPannan
Posted: Sunday, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:18 AM
Great work as always! I for one am very happy with the miniatures i got from the Kickstarter and would seriously check another Kickstarter if you did one. I can only speak for myself but the sheer quality of what you do makes the waiting well worth it! :) I would love an art book of your worlds but that is just me being selfish! Keep up the top work guys & gals. : )

BlazeXI
Posted: Sunday, Sep 03, 2017 at 9:27 AM
I absolutely agree. Once this ks is fulfilled Please plan a 'gap filling' kickstarter, with small targets reachable in half a year. Anti-matter do it this way, for example.

---------------
BlazeXI

GarethPannan
Posted: Monday, Sep 04, 2017 at 5:03 AM
Thats a great idea BlaseXI!

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Sep 05, 2017 at 1:19 AM
so how are we doing - anything to show on the hydra yet? will it be resin too?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Sep 07, 2017 at 8:33 AM
OK, with some assistance from Todd Harris, the Gates of Troy wave sculpting is complete!

As I have had my hands full working on the book, I had Todd do the last Trojan mini - Paris, prince of Troy. The figure was based on John Wigley's concept art, and Todd did a great job matching the Trojans I've already sculpted.

Paris, prince of Troy green

Here's a picture showing Hector next to Todd's Paris - brothers reunited after only 3200 years!

Hector and Paris, size comparison

His green is already at the master-mold makers, so hopefully we'll be able to put the Gates of Troy wave into production as soon as possible. I'm currently working on a mounted version of Penthesilea, and after that the last mini - the Hydra. Hope to have some decent pictures of Penny sometime next week.

Tjaroy
Posted: Friday, Sep 08, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Thanks for the update Chris.

NorCal Tony

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Nice feeling being close to the end

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Sep 18, 2017 at 3:36 PM
The last amazon is complete!

Just put the finishing touches on the mounted version of Penthesilea. I based her pose on a painting by a Franz Stuck, a german painter from the 1800s:

Amazon and Centaur by Franz Stuck

Before anyone asks, no I'm not adding any tack to the horse - she rides a magical horse (a bit like Shadowfax, in LotR) that was a gift to her from the North Wind, and it does not need any!

The rider is likely going to come attached to the horse, her javelin hand and her cape are separate pieces. Here she is, hope you guys like her:

Mounted Penthesilea 1, sculpted by Chris FitzPatrick

Mounted Penthesilea 2, sculpted by Chris FitzPatrick

Tjaroy
Posted: Monday, Sep 18, 2017 at 6:35 PM
She really looks sweet Chris.

NorCal Tony

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Tuesday, Sep 19, 2017 at 2:57 PM
Again splendid work Chris.

---------------
BlazeXI

stoneman
Member: 112
Total Posts: 17
Posted: Tuesday, Sep 26, 2017 at 7:45 AM
Can not wait till she leads my army into battle

---------------
Richard Crouch

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Oct 03, 2017 at 12:01 AM
So just the hydra to go now

:)

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Oct 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM Edited on 2017-10-13 09:15:41.0
The second labor of Hercules is complete - the Hydra is defeated!

This was quite a departure for me, as I don't typically sculpt a lot of 'monsters'. It went smoothly at first, I sculpted the body (the grey parts) in Beesputty, a type of sculpting clay that is better for doing large, smooth objects, but then started to have a lot of trouble with the finished parts cracking, especially along the necks. So the last week was spent fixing my mistakes, and making a suitable base for it to sit on.

The base will have some additional details (like some more rocks, maybe a few bones from past victims), but I thought you guys would be eager to see it rather than waiting for the last fiddly bits.

With this one being finished, that is the last of all the funded Kickstarter minis. I may yet have a couple Amazon parts to correct for molding, but all the sculpts are now in the bag!

Huzzah!

Hydra 1

Hydra 2

Hydra 3

Hydra 4

Hydra 5

Hydra 6

KevinE
Member: 329
Total Posts: 346
Posted: Friday, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:55 PM
Wow!

As it's quite large will it be cast in metal or resin?

Thanks,

Kevin

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Oct 13, 2017 at 7:06 PM
KevinE said:
Wow!

As it's quite large will it be cast in metal or resin?

Thanks,

Kevin

It'll have to be resin at this size.

Karameikos
Posted: Saturday, Oct 14, 2017 at 9:10 AM
Amazing work! Definitely looking forward to adding this to my collection!

Speaking of Hercules... perhaps he and his band can make it onto your sculpting table next year?

Wishful thinking aside, congratulations on wrapping up the sculpting on your first Kickstarter! I know that it ran quite a bit longer than expected, but I am sure that I am not alone in saying that the wait has been well worth it! There's naught but molding, casting, sorting, packing and fulfillment left to go - sounds like an action packed Q4!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Oct 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Now, will i get it in time for cancon :)

pretty please

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Monday, Oct 16, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Amazing! I do congratulate finishing the sculpting. Now the book and you are ready for genera? release and fina?y I will be able to get the To-Tanem slingers :)

---------------
BlazeXI

SlowLoris
Posted: Sunday, Oct 22, 2017 at 5:33 PM Edited on 2017-10-22 17:38:12.0
Serpentine hydra with an aquatic vibe!

Definitely surpassed the highest expectations:)

Looks absolutely beautiful and significantly different from any versions of this particular beast I've seen.

Top Notch

Cheers

Stu

marius
Posted: Tuesday, Oct 24, 2017 at 9:45 PM
Lovely work

Tjaroy
Posted: Sunday, Oct 29, 2017 at 1:35 PM Edited on 2017-11-01 14:02:33.0
Great looking model Chris. I guess I will have to add it to my order.

NorCal Tony

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Nov 06, 2017 at 12:31 AM
Sooooo

now that the models are done.. hopefully

any word on the book?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Nov 09, 2017 at 12:42 PM
hazpak said:
Sooooo

now that the models are done.. hopefully

any word on the book?

Yes guys, the sculpting on ALL of the models is complete!

I'm picking up the final master mold tomorrow, and I'll be casting the masters over the weekend, and our moldmakers are working on the last of the production molds this month (we have about 20 to go). Hopefully all molds will be done by the end of the month, and we'll be shipping minis before Christmas.

The only holdup is the Hydra, as it is a resin piece it may take a little longer to get molds and castings back.

We are working on the book as well, there are artist and freelance writers working on some elements while I'm taking care of the last production stuff, so it is not standing still. As soon as the last production stuff is finished I'll be able to devote myself to it full time. Things are happening faster now that I'm no longer spending all day sculpting.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Nov 13, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Good news

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Thursday, Nov 16, 2017 at 7:14 AM
Will the titan overlord and masters get redone in resin too?

---------------

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Friday, Nov 17, 2017 at 2:22 PM
They're looking great, and it's good that they will soon see the light of day.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Nov 20, 2017 at 6:47 PM
Will we get any rules with the hydra or harpies? Cancon is coming up and if i get the models in time i'd love to field them

---------------

fitterpete
Posted: Sunday, Dec 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM Edited on 2017-12-17 11:42:07.0
Two things

If we already paid for a Trojan chariot are we going to be able to pledge for a second one now that there are two variants?

So while searching for images of War Gods figs on the net. I came across two greens.One of a Spartan archer captain and one Mycenean archer captain. Why aren't these available on the store? All the other figs for those factions are. Pete

BlazeXI
Posted: Monday, Dec 18, 2017 at 11:58 AM
FitterPete,

all kickstarter miniatures will be released after all kickstarter deliveries are finished. Fairplay to backers by Croc.

---------------
BlazeXI

stoneman
Member: 112
Total Posts: 17
Posted: Sunday, Dec 31, 2017 at 6:47 AM
When will be able to get the Cav. for the Amazons and the Man Hunter?

---------------
Richard Crouch

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jan 08, 2018 at 4:45 PM
How is everything going? Its been 2 months since an update

Are the molds all back?

Where is the book at?

Are we ready to ship miniatures yet?

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 5:12 AM
hazpak said:

Are the molds all back?

Where is the book at?

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

Hey guys,

We've been shipping the Gates of Troy, Amazon Attack, and all the monsters except the Hydra for the last couple weeks. The most of the UK and Europe have shipped and were just getting into the US addresses now. Backers who have a Hydra will have a few more weeks yet, as that is the last mini and it is still being molded. Hopefully soon!

We're planning a complete update for Friday through the Kisckstarter.

We're working on the book as well, waiting on some overdue art to finish up the layout, and painting, painting, and more painting for the galleries. It is coming!

I'll have more info on Friday, with some cool photos to show off.

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 at 5:12 AM
hazpak said:

Are the molds all back?

Where is the book at?

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

Hey guys,

We've been shipping the Gates of Troy, Amazon Attack, and all the monsters except the Hydra for the last couple weeks. The most of the UK and Europe have shipped and were just getting into the US addresses now. Backers who have a Hydra will have a few more weeks yet, as that is the last mini and it is still being molded. Hopefully soon!

We're planning a complete update for Friday through the Kisckstarter.

We're working on the book as well, waiting on some overdue art to finish up the layout, and painting, painting, and more painting for the galleries. It is coming!

I'll have more info on Friday, with some cool photos to show off.

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Jan 19, 2018 at 6:37 AM
We’re the new titan mutations in those molds by any chance and can I add them to my order?

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Jan 19, 2018 at 6:38 AM Edited on 2018-01-19 06:39:24.0
pretty please

*dual post but edited ;)

---------------

fitterpete
Posted: Friday, Jan 19, 2018 at 9:06 PM
I've asked this before If we pledged for a Trojan chariot how do we pick which version we want? Alternatively how do I get both? Is the Mycenean chariot also done?

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jan 27, 2018 at 3:22 AM
fitterpete said:
I've asked this before If we pledged for a Trojan chariot how do we pick which version we want? Alternatively how do I get both? Is the Mycenean chariot also done?
There is currently only the 1 version of the Trojan Chariot.

There are 2 versions of the Mycenaean Chariot - the default is the one with the twin lions on the front, and there is a second, more 'generic' looking version that looks to be made of wicker.

If you want the wicker chariot substituted for either, just let us know. It could be crewed by anyone, and we could supply the driver/Hero of your choice.

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jan 27, 2018 at 3:27 AM
hazpak said:
We’re the new titan mutations in those molds by any chance and can I add them to my order?
The new Titan variants have not been made into production molds, yet - pretty much all of our moldmaker's time has been taken up by the Kickstarter minis.

If you only want a set or 2 I could get you one of the test runs from the master mold, we have a few spare.

I hope to get them into production later in the year, when the KS stuff is all wrapped up.

BlazeXI
Posted: Saturday, Jan 27, 2018 at 5:44 AM
Great news Chris. What is your current estimation on finishing the book? Would those titan heads be released along slingers for To-Tanem and Anubi this year?

---------------
BlazeXI

fitterpete
Posted: Saturday, Jan 27, 2018 at 4:06 PM
Sorry I thought it was a Trojan chariot. I've sent a message thru the contact page. Thanks

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jan 29, 2018 at 6:01 AM
Osiris said:
hazpak said:
The new Titan variants have not been made into production molds, yet - pretty much all of our moldmaker's time has been taken up by the Kickstarter minis.

If you only want a set or 2 I could get you one of the test runs from the master mold, we have a few spare.

I hope to get them into production later in the year, when the KS stuff is all wrapped up.

omg yes i'll take a set or 2

(just what does a set contain?)

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Feb 03, 2018 at 11:58 PM
Since most visitors don't scroll down much anymore I've posted some questions in the Olympus sections (a new member has too)

Any thoughts on these would be appreciated

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Feb 05, 2018 at 10:37 PM
I’ve lost track - what’s in this final wave?

Also if you are also a lurker on Facebook a community group has also been setup

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Tuesday, Feb 06, 2018 at 2:29 AM
Books!

Actually i think it is the Amazon cavalry and the gates of troy stuff, but i have to wait for the book for the rest of my stuff anyway

Hel1kaon
Member: 2746
Total Posts: 25
Posted: Sunday, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM
i don't suppose you can show us all the sculpts for the weapon options? i really like the look of all the swords, and am interested in the variations and decorations on the hilts.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Feb 26, 2018 at 8:11 PM
so how goes the Hydra?

Hail HYDRA!!

cough...

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Mar 03, 2018 at 9:51 PM
just wondering out loud - nut will there be an eater of the dead faction??

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Saturday, Mar 03, 2018 at 10:13 PM
Isn't that the titans?

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Mar 03, 2018 at 11:48 PM
not according to the fluff the titans were locked away under the earth and are breaking through

The eaters are described as being a danger to the whole world and originating from a lost city far the the east

---------------

fitterpete
Posted: Sunday, Mar 04, 2018 at 8:32 PM
So are we in the U.S. supposed to be getting our Gates of Troy stuff now?

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Mar 05, 2018 at 7:01 AM
fitterpete said:
are you also getting a hydra? if so we wait if not drop them an email

---------------

fitterpete
Posted: Monday, Mar 05, 2018 at 8:39 PM
No hydra Email been there done that.

hazpak
Posted: Thursday, Mar 15, 2018 at 6:44 AM
so any news yet?

---------------

Dreadaxe
Posted: Friday, Mar 16, 2018 at 8:20 AM
hazpak said:
so any news yet?
10 March, Chris FitzPatrick : " We're currently preparing to ship the last of the miniature rewards (mostly Amazon Attack and the new Hydras, and those that include them), so lots of packing and sorting miniatures. I'll make some time this weekend for a Kickstarter update as well."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/174096773345919/permalink/204068717015391/

---------------
Dreadaxe
Map player locator T³

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 03, 2018 at 4:02 PM
BlazeXI said:
Great news Chris. What is your current estimation on finishing the book? Would those titan heads be released along slingers for To-Tanem and Anubi this year?
Just catching up on this thread guys, bear with me. Lots of painting, editing, and layout going on the last couple weeks, so I've not been on the sculpting thread!

Blaze, we're trying to have everything done in the next couple months, so we can have the books back from the printer this summer. Lots still to do, but it is getting done!

As for the Titans, Anubi, Totanem, etc - those are lower priority at the moment, sorry! To get them released would slow down the book, etc, so they are waiting until after.

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 03, 2018 at 4:07 PM
hazpak said:
I’ve lost track - what’s in this final wave?

Also if you are also a lurker on Facebook a community group has also been setup

Amazon Attack, Gates of Troy, and all the monsters - Hydra, Cyclopes, Harpies. All are shipping now.

We are still sending out shipping confirmations for UK, Europe, and overseas, but the last of those should be going out this week.

US backers should have gotten their shipping confirmations by now - if not, please send us a friendly email and we'll track it down for you.

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 03, 2018 at 4:10 PM
hazpak said:
not according to the fluff the titans were locked away under the earth and are breaking through

The eaters are described as being a danger to the whole world and originating from a lost city far the the east

The Eater of the Dead theoretically could exist in Hellas, but does not hold much power there. The dead of Hellas are the domain of Hades, and their burial customs are different - their dead are not embalmed, and so do not last very long, even if animated. So, the Necromancers go to places with better pickings!

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 03, 2018 at 4:12 PM
fitterpete said:
Yes, GoT are shipping to US backers now, unless they specifically asked to wait to ship with the book.

I would prefer people got their minis now, so they can get on with the painting, but we do what we are told! :)

BlazeXI
Posted: Sunday, Apr 08, 2018 at 5:44 AM
Fully understand prioritising. Finishing the Kickstarter is a must. But in spare time please delete spam posts from the forum.

---------------
BlazeXI

powerfrog99
Posted: Thursday, Apr 12, 2018 at 2:01 AM
Yes, please this spams are annoying.....

Got my stuff yesterday, high quality casts as always, so my next step is to stop all other projects and start painting Trojan Wave 2

cheers Thomas

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 5:55 AM
Time to appoint a community moderator?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 18, 2018 at 8:37 PM
Hey guys, sorry about the spambots - I've asked our web designer to find a solution to keep them out, he's working on something.

In the mean time, if it happens again, please just send me an email or PM on facebook, and I'll log in and delete their account.

Oceanborn
Posted: Sunday, Apr 22, 2018 at 11:56 PM
I received the last of my miniatures on Saturday (well, they arrived on Wednesday, but Saturday was the first day I could get to the PO Box to pick them up).

Very happy with what I've received, despite the delays, I suppose I now need to 1) Sculpt bases for my Amazon Cavalry; 2) Create Moulds for Amazon Cavalry (infantry moulds already made) 3) Cast bases for the Amazons; 4) Sculpt bases for Athenians/Corinthians; 5) Create moulds for Athenian/Corinthian bases; 6) Cast bases for Athenians/Corinthians; 7) assemble & paint...

Ok, so just a bit of work to do with the....um....200+ minis that I received from this project...

Hoping that we'll have the rulebook before I finish the models

marius
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 7:40 PM
Hi Chris, any word on when the rest of the new stuff will hit the webstore?

Asian Sensation
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 11:53 PM
Chris,

I loved the PDF previews of the campaign pages from the rule book! Of course, now it just makes me even more impatient for it’s release...

I did notice a couple of spelling and grammatical errors while reading through it. Are you looking for mistakes that might have slipped through the initial edit?

Fantastic work! I’m overly anxious!

Respectfully, Kevin

Hel1kaon
Posted: Saturday, Jun 02, 2018 at 1:13 PM
i wish you released the pdf's for campaign for everyone, not just backers...

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2018 at 8:40 AM
thats the benefit of being a backer

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 06, 2018 at 1:29 AM
Got the last of my models - just awaiting the rules now

---------------

marius
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 12, 2018 at 10:58 PM
Hi guys

As a kickstarter backer should I have gotten the campaign link?

Oceanborn
Posted: Friday, Jun 15, 2018 at 5:12 AM
The link is in the most recent update

fitterpete
Posted: Friday, Jun 15, 2018 at 9:47 PM
Be nice to have a real rulebook to play with my 400 or so painted Olympus figs.....

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Jun 16, 2018 at 7:40 AM
After reading the campaign I struggle to see my titan warband in the setting

Hopefully I’m not relegated to monster encounters...

---------------

marius
Posted: Monday, Jun 18, 2018 at 7:42 PM
Sorry was a late backer so did it through the paypal pledging

Oceanborn
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018 at 6:20 AM
Ah, that makes sense then

fitterpete
Posted: Sunday, Jul 29, 2018 at 6:13 PM
How bout that rulebook?

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Aug 13, 2018 at 7:39 PM
any new previews of the book? harpies for example?

---------------

fitterpete
Posted: Monday, Aug 13, 2018 at 9:12 PM
Previews? How about a full blown rulebook? It's August 2018.

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 4:20 AM
Have we gone to print yet?

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Sep 17, 2018 at 7:12 PM
any news is good news (ok its not but hey)

any news helps me plan for Cancon.

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Tuesday, Sep 18, 2018 at 7:51 PM
hazpak said:
any news helps me plan for Cancon.
This, VERY much this!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Oct 03, 2018 at 11:35 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry about the lack of posts on this thread - after I finished the last of the sculpts, I've not been back to update it (since they are all done!)

We've been very busy laying out and editing the book, and we've had a couple of our customers with a critical eye helping to catch all of our mistakes. We're at about 85% completion of the text and layout, so it should not be too much longer.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:44 PM
so another 5 weeks have you finished the layout?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 20, 2018 at 4:13 PM
hazpak said:
so another 5 weeks have you finished the layout?
We are getting very close to completion. Page count has now reached 314 pages, and I hope to be able to share a 'beta' draft for players very soon. Please bear with us a little longer.

We have a Kickstarter update going up tomorrow as well, with the much-requested rules for the Amazon Cavalry.

Hel1kaon
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 21, 2018 at 9:41 PM
aw come on why are all the new updates backers only?

Oceanborn
Posted: Thursday, Nov 22, 2018 at 3:40 AM
Because they contain rules excerpts that croc wants to share with backers first

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018 at 6:19 AM
Not wanting to give too much away but The restrictions on page 242 contradict the restrictions on pages 245, 246 and 247

sorry to those that have not yet seen the preview

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018 at 8:47 AM
hazpak said:
Not wanting to give too much away but The restrictions on page 242 contradict the restrictions on pages 245, 246 and 247

sorry to those that have not yet seen the preview

Hazpak, can you be more specific? I don't see the contradiction, but if something is incorrect, or unclear, let me know and I'll correct it.

BlazeXI
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018 at 3:20 PM
On page 242, the Titan Slaves entry it is written a unit of Slaves allowed you to get 2 masters or a single monster option. On the monster entries it is written a monster unit may be chosen in place of a Titan Master.

So, does a Slave unit allow you two monster Units, or one Slave and one monster Unit? Or either 1-2 Masters or one monster unit?

If I have revealed too much, please delete the post.

---------------
BlazeXI

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018 at 3:30 PM
Yes that

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018 at 3:33 PM
BlazeXI said:
On page 242, the Titan Slaves entry it is written a unit of Slaves allowed you to get 2 masters or a single monster option. On the monster entries it is written a monster unit may be chosen in place of a Titan Master.

So, does a Slave unit allow you two monster Units, or one Slave and one monster Unit? Or either 1-2 Masters or one monster unit?

Ok, thanks. So lets change the Slaves' "Restriction" text to:

Restrictions A Titan Warband may purchase as many units of Titan Slaves as the player desires. Each unit of Slaves allows the warband to include 2 Titan Masters or monster options (Harpies, Spawn of Chimera, or a Hydra).

BlazeXI
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018 at 3:39 PM
Osiris said:
BlazeXI said:

Ok, thanks. So lets change the Slaves' "Restriction" text to:

Restrictions A Titan Warband may purchase as many units of Titan Slaves as the player desires. Each unit of Slaves allows the warband to include 2 Titan Masters or monster options (Harpies, Spawn of Chimera, or a Hydra).

Perfect!

---------------
BlazeXI

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018 at 3:45 PM
excellent. as a titan player ill be going over that section again and again ;)

its actually raised a question about titan melee combat which is not relevant here so im off to the olympus section to type :)

---------------

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 3:18 PM
small spelling issue with the rulebook.... reading the gifts of hades on page 94 (11 of the pdf) specifically power 2 titan slayer, you have written monotaurs as opposed minotaurs

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Dec 29, 2018 at 10:19 AM
Akenatum said:
small spelling issue with the rulebook.... reading the gifts of hades on page 94 (11 of the pdf) specifically power 2 titan slayer, you have written monotaurs as opposed minotaurs
Got it, thanks Akenatum!

KevinE
Member: 329
Total Posts: 346
Posted: Sunday, Dec 30, 2018 at 1:05 AM
In the Gifts of Hermes section on page 106, it says '10. Weapon of the Gods: Winged Sandals' - presumably this should say 'Gift of the Gods' as it does in the corresponding entry for all of the other Gods.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Dec 30, 2018 at 11:59 AM
KevinE said:
In the Gifts of Hermes section on page 106, it says '10. Weapon of the Gods: Winged Sandals' - presumably this should say 'Gift of the Gods' as it does in the corresponding entry for all of the other Gods.
Got it, thanks Kevin!

elpasopete
Posted: Tuesday, Jan 01, 2019 at 7:38 PM
Will there be rules/stats for the Xerxes model for the Titans?

Akenatum
Posted: Thursday, Jan 03, 2019 at 4:05 PM
not sure if this is intended or not... the war witch and crones are listed as having light armour (ar3) and the description says light armour (heavy robes) heavy robes in Ægyptus counting as medium armour /ar4

Assuming this isn't a typo as it's a bit contradictory to other instances of armour, can we possibly change the name to something new for consistancy perhaps?

Oceanborn
Posted: Friday, Jan 04, 2019 at 3:54 PM
I think they've used the term light armour to make it clear that it isn't metal armour, i think we could leave it just saying Heave Robes (AR3)

stormcricket
Member: 90
Total Posts: 139
Posted: Saturday, Jan 12, 2019 at 4:17 PM
Just working through my warband for Cancon and came across a couple of minor errors in the beta draft

In the Gifts of Hephaestus section on page 101 under Dwarfism
It reads"...adds 1 point to his Disciple Rating..."
I'm assuming its meant to be to his Discipline Rating

Under Warband Creation, Allied City-States, pg 118, Amazons
It reads "An Amazon warband will never in include..."
The extra in should be removed

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 at 2:30 AM Edited on 2019-01-13 02:35:35.0
stormcricket said:
Just working through my warband for Cancon and came across a couple of minor errors in the beta draft

In the Gifts of Hephaestus section on page 101 under Dwarfism
It reads"...adds 1 point to his Disciple Rating..."
I'm assuming its meant to be to his Discipline Rating

Under Warband Creation, Allied City-States, pg 118, Amazons
It reads "An Amazon warband will never in include..."
The extra in should be removed
Got them, thanks!

I'm working on clearing up the Amazon crone armor, as you guys suggested, the 'heavy robes' was meant as an indication that it was non-metal armor, not really a classification itself.

elpasopete, Xerxes is something of a problem character, as he was created for our Wrath of the Titans book that was planned for 2008, but we were never able to publish it. Xerxes would require several pages of text for his background and powers, and I'm not sure we can fit him into the book (as the page count is now over 330!)

Hel1kaon
Posted: Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 at 2:22 PM
will everybody be able to view a copy of the updated rulebook soon?

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 at 6:57 PM
Hel1kaon said:
Were you a Kickstarter backer? It is viewable for backers in the most recent update.

Hel1kaon
Posted: Thursday, Jan 17, 2019 at 10:56 AM
Osiris said:
Hel1kaon said:
Were you a Kickstarter backer? It is viewable for backers in the most recent update.
I was not a backer, and am unsure how to back now.

Akenatum
Posted: Thursday, Jan 17, 2019 at 9:30 PM
With preview 2 on page 319 paragraph 3 (towards the end) it reads Asar, are they are It should read Asar, they are

Akenatum
Posted: Sunday, Jan 20, 2019 at 6:34 PM
Also notices on the same page as above in the first paragraph for the babylon, empire of the god kings it says The region teems with wildlife and the soil pro- vides rich harvests for its people, so it is no wonder that many their cities are older than men

Should read The region teems with wildlife and the soil pro- vides rich harvests for its people, so it is no wonder that many of their cities are older than men

Akenatum
Posted: Thursday, Jan 24, 2019 at 7:51 AM
Preview 3 issues so far..

"page 23" 2nd paragraph last sentance given below is a profile of a human warrior armed with sword and shield

the profile then shows a spartan hoplite with a spear and shield and a damage modifier of 2 and an armor rating of 4 (hard 2) dm should be 1 armor rating with that equipment should only be 2 (hard 2) sentance above should read spear and shield not sword and shield

"page 23" paragraph 7 below is given the complete profile, including point value, of a spartan hoplite armed with sword and shield

the profile then shows equipment of just a spear and shield but shows an armor rating of 4 (hard 2) again with that equipment the save should read 2 (hard 2) the above sentance should read spea and shield not sword and shield.

"page 26" the shield entry profile reads damage modifier +2 (hard) it should read armor rating: +2 (hard)

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 06, 2019 at 1:11 AM
so how goes it over there?

---------------

Cairn08
Member: 1049
Posted: Thursday, Mar 07, 2019 at 12:04 PM
Chris,

Any updates on the expected release date for the Olympus rulebook ?

Thanks !

---------------
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

marius
Posted: Monday, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:03 PM
Hi guys

Just a quick question as to when the other kickstarter items, like the amazon cavalry will be available on the webstore.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy