Board » Kickstarter News

Posted By Topic » Kickstarter Sculpts - the ongoing story!
Wolf
Group: Site Member
Member: 937
Total Posts: 59
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Hektor said:
Just got the email update to confirm my address in preparation for the shipment of the Trojans! Awesome!
Hope I get one of those soon!

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Wolf
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Wolf said:
Hektor said:
Just got the email update to confirm my address in preparation for the shipment of the Trojans! Awesome!
Hope I get one of those soon!
And I just did! Yay!

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Hektor
Member: 1921
Total Posts: 78
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Click-n-ship notification just showed up! Can't wait!

---------------
Sometimes the gods bless you in the morning and curse you in the afternoon.

Asgard2502
Member: 1966
Total Posts: 47
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Hey Chris, have you got any progress on penetheslia at all?

---------------
Miniature Painting Studio and Hobby Blog www.fanplasticlittlemen.blogspot.co.uk

Wolf
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Shipping notice arrived! Excited doesn't begin to describe it.

---------------

Hektor
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:02 PM Edited on 2014-05-14 17:03:49.0
She is threatening to open it herself, that will not do

---------------

Hektor
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:02 PM
My wife called to tell me there is a parcel from Fitz at the house. Sure bet it's the Trojans. Suddenly the chances of me staying late to finish this project at work tonight have begun to seriously diminish... ;)

---------------

Wolf
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Hektor said:
"Fly you fool!"

Run home man, run home now!

---------------

Hektor
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Wolf said:
Hektor said:
"Fly you fool!"

Run home man, run home now!

Ha! I did just that! Fortunately she didn't make good on her threat.

They are outstanding. I know that is no surprise, but still has to be said. Going through them now. A lot to absorb. Helen is brilliant, concept art brought to life. I have no idea how I'm going to do the model justice, but it's going to be fun trying.

The demigods rock. Hephaestus' pics appeared big and strong but in person he's even more powerful looking than I expected. Demigod of Poseidon is ace.

Aeneas (though I will be using him as Hektor - no surprise there!) is probably my favorite of the lot. Fantastic.

One happy camper here. Great work, Fitz and Debs!

---------------

Ares
Legbreaker
Member: 10
Total Posts: 351
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 3:14 AM Edited on 2014-05-15 03:15:28.0
Mighty Ares has received his Trojans. Mighty Ares will build and paint these warriors with as much excitement as when he is at war, killing and slaughtering. Mighty Ares has spoken!

Perseus
Member: 2053
Total Posts: 18
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 8:00 AM
I have had one Kickstarter that actually shipped ahead of time (one month before the target), all others have been delayed, many by more than six months. As long as the communication is OK, I do not mind it.

All that being said, since I am receiving Corithians, Amazons and almost anything non-aligned, I am not expecting anything before the turn of this year. Knowing Fitz's quality, I will rahter wait a few weeks or months longer then miss said quality!

---------------
Visit my blog at http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/ or our homepage at http://www.DHC-Wargames.de

powerfrog99
Member: 1916
Total Posts: 75
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I envy you guys who have already got their parcels a bit ;-) I have to wait until the Amazones and even the Automatons are done.

Maybe you can show round a few pictures of your first painted samples or so, please....

cheers Thomas

---------------
Want to see painted Croc minis? Take a look at http://www.dieplatt.de or check out my Gallery at http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Hektor
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 at 12:34 AM
powerfrog99 said:
Maybe you can show round a few pictures of your first painted samples or so, please....

cheers Thomas

Planning to do exactly that. I am knee-deep in Samurai for Ronin right now for an upcoming weekend bash. Arrival of the Trojans took me by surprise and I have to finish what is on the painting table right now first. As soon as they are done, the Trojans go up next. Though I daresay my paint scheme won't stray too far from what Debs did. I like it pretty much exactly as is.

Not really sure how I am going to approach the Demigods yet. Going to try to tie them into the Trojan paint scheme if I can.

---------------

powerfrog99
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM
"Planning to do exactly that."

That sounds great

thanks, Thomas

P.S. First in first out on the painting table, I have the same attidude, but often fail when it comes to new stuff....

---------------
Want to see painted Croc minis? Take a look at http://www.dieplatt.de or check out my Gallery at http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Wolf
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Well my USPS tracker says my Trojans were delivered this morning to my work address. And I am off work today! Guess I'll be making a trip in to work after all...

---------------

Perseus
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Wolf said:
Well my USPS tracker says my Trojans were delivered this morning to my work address. And I am off work today! Guess I'll be making a trip in to work after all...
Now that is an unpleasant coincidence!

---------------
Visit my blog at http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/ or our homepage at http://www.DHC-Wargames.de

Wolf
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Went to work and got my Trojans. Totally excited but disappointed too. Not because of the Trojans, but because we are packing up to move house so I won't get to play with my wonderful new toys for a while.

---------------

Kiljoy
Member: 144
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 1:41 AM
Received my Trojans and they are just amazing the extra sculpts well the photos don't do them any justice, and neither can I adequately describe how wonderful the sculpting is. Now I wish I could have afforded at the time all the factions, however as soon as they are available I'm in for them all. Paul

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 03, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Great to hear some of you guys have started getting your Trojans! I'm now back at the sculpting table, and working on the next Kickstarter update (should be ready tomorrow).

Asian Sensation
Member: 788
Total Posts: 113
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 04, 2014 at 10:21 PM
I absolutely love the progress the Croc had been making through this Kickstarter! I didn't purchase any of the Trojan units but I can't wait to get my Amazons and wait patiently for the accolades to pour in from everyone who hasn't already played this outstanding Wargods game system! You have my full support and admiration Fitz!

Very Respectfully, KEVIN (Now in Liverpool, NY)

GoldenSpat
Member: 1992
Total Posts: 8
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 04, 2014 at 11:35 PM
So, how are those Spartan's coming?

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 1:28 PM
GoldenSpat said:
Goon news for Sparta fans - we just received the last Spartan sculpt needed for their rewards - the Spartan Archer Captain. Todd did a great job on him, I'll be shooting photos of him for this weekend's update. (It is coming, I'm just trying to wrap up an Amazon sculpt to include in the update as well. )

Thulsa Dim
Member: 1292
Total Posts: 1
Posted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 5:41 PM Edited on 2014-06-07 17:44:23.0
Hi all,

I received my Trojans this week.

It is hard to comment on the figures without saying something that hasn't been said before, or is known to the visitors of this forum anyway. Besides Fitz's magnificent scupting, it may be mentioned that the casting and material used is also of the finest quality.

Since I'm not gaming but collecting the figures, questions like the number of different poses, alternative weapon arms etc. matter much to me. Thus, I thought I'll give a short review of the Trojan warband for those who are still waiting for their stuff.

Aeneas & Honor Guards (2): Aeneas is bigger than the "normal" Trojans. Being a son of Aphrodite, is he technically a "Demigod of Aphrodite"? The crest of his helmet is sculpted like a stylized horse head, a nice detail adding to the faction identity flair. The (two different) honor guards are armed with swords and shield. While their shields have a different shape, their star decoration nicely matches that of Aeneas' shield.

Captain (& Casualty): The Captain has a separate weapon hand sprue, with choice of spear, javelin and sword. Shield with a horse motif, but different from spearman unit.

Hero (& Armor Rack): Separate weapon arm sprue with spear or sword to chose from. Again a different shield with horse motif.

Archer unit: A Captain and 11 archers in 3 different poses.

Peltast unit: A Captain and 11 peltasts in 3 different poses. Shield hands separate, with two different types (one or two spare javelins in hand).

Spearman unit: A musician with trumpet and bare head, a standard bearer with dagger and vexillum type standard, the pole ending in a horse head (another nice detail). The ranks come in three types, hind rank with upright spears (2 poses, 4 total), mid rank with slightly inclined spears (also 2 poses 4 total), and front rank with separate spear arms (2 different per sprue). What surprised me was the fact that the 4 front rank spearmen come in 4 different poses!!! Some of the differences are subtle, so it took me a moment to realize it.

For all units, I found that the numbers of figures for the different poses are as close to being equal as possible (e.g. 4:4:3 for archers and peltasts). This could be good luck, but I actually suspect this to be the result of considerate packing (thank you, Debs!).

Overall, I'm more than pleased with the delivery. I just hope you'll keep that high standard with the other factions.

Best wishes, Frank

GarethPannan
Member: 2007
Total Posts: 63
Posted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Good reveiw sir! I have no doubt the rest of the factions will be up to the high standard Chris & Deb have set for Wargods. : )

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Sunday, Jun 08, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Osiris said:
GoldenSpat said:
Goon news for Sparta fans - we just received the last Spartan sculpt needed for their rewards - the Spartan Archer Captain. Todd did a great job on him, I'll be shooting photos of him for this weekend's update. (It is coming, I'm just trying to wrap up an Amazon sculpt to include in the update as well. )
Awesome news ... Though I think I still need to wait for the Mycenaean captain to fill my pledge order

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Here's a big pic of the Sparta Archer Captain, posed with his recruits! Great sculpting courtesy of Todd Harris!

Sparta Archers

GoldenSpat
Posted: Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Awesome sculpt! Can't wait!

Karameikos
Member: 1666
Total Posts: 53
Posted: Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Oh my! Great sculpt for the Captain! However, this update just helped me to realize that I overlooked both the Spartan and the Mycenaean archer captains in my add on selection I take it that the generic archers will be the same for Athens and Corinth, with a specific captain attached for each? Or will they be getting "city state" specific archers as the Trojans and Amazons have?

---------------
"Muddy water, let stand, becomes clear." -- Lao-tzu

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Here are some in-progress shots of the Automaton Hoplite. He's about 90% done, just need to add a few details (hands, etc), and make an alternate head and sword arm.

Automaton Hoplite

Tjaroy
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Great looking figure Chris can not wait to field this guy.

Thanks Nocal Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

Hektor
Posted: Monday, Jun 09, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Spartan captain looks great, and that automaton...fantastic. How will those work? Are they summoned by the Demigod of Hephaestus? How many can you take in a warband? (Please tell me it's a whole phalanx) ;)

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Hektor said:
Spartan captain looks great, and that automaton...fantastic. How will those work? Are they summoned by the Demigod of Hephaestus? How many can you take in a warband? (Please tell me it's a whole phalanx) ;)
Demigods of Hephaestus can include Automatons. Right now the Hoplite works as a single character, but I'm considering trying to incorporate them into a unit if I can make the rules balance out. We'll see...

GarethPannan
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 11, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Wow, just wow!

marius
Member: 756
Total Posts: 48
Posted: Thursday, Jun 12, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Nice looking stuff.

marius
Posted: Thursday, Jun 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM
A further thought, Chris is it possible to get a list of the things that have been completed and the status of other items for the kickstarter. Know you guys are working as fast as you can on this.

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 17, 2014 at 8:03 PM
update?

---------------

armchair
Member: 2135
Total Posts: 9
Posted: Thursday, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:28 AM
I would like everything in production to be put on the Online Store with a Kickstarter release date and an available to purchase date - ideally with a picture

Alot to ask I know

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM
OK, the first version of the Hoplite is complete, and his little pet is done too!

Automatons - Hoplite and Hound

Once I get these back from our moldmaker I'll do an alternate head & sword arm for the Hoplite. Just need to finish the Bronze Bull automaton and they'll all be done!

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Thursday, Jun 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Awesome work on the Automatons, sir. Always nice to see progress on this project.

I thought of something earlier that I was curious about. With the side work you were putting into the generic/mercenary hoplites are there any plans for generic leaders for the missile troops somewhere down the line? It seems that those would be useful not only for the generic city states but also for those wanting diversity in their main faction armies.

Keep up the good work guys. I am loving everything coming out of this kickstarter process.

hazpak
Posted: Thursday, Jun 19, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Excellent news on the automatons.. does the moldmaker trip mean amazons have progressed?

---------------

Hektor
Posted: Friday, Jun 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM
armchair said:
I would like everything in production to be put on the Online Store with a Kickstarter release date and an available to purchase date - ideally with a picture

Alot to ask I know

Second this question. Any idea on when the new minis will be available on the web site? I knew when I made my initial kickstarter pledge that I would regret not picking up Athena, Hekate, and Hades so I'd like to add them to my collection as soon as I can. Likewise the option of buying some additional shields. I like uniformity in my units and heroes usually so I am thinking about swapping some out.

Thanks!

---------------

Perseus
Posted: Saturday, Jun 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Lovely! Really glad I have them in my pledge / add-on!

One question (since I have a all at once delivery with items that are supposed to be done last)… how are you doing schedule wise? I assume you are not on schedule anymore (no problems with that, I rather want the usual quality than something fast), but it would be good to know how much.

---------------

Tjaroy
Posted: Monday, Jun 23, 2014 at 1:56 AM
Got my notice today that the first part of my pledge has shipped.

Can not wait to see them.

Norcal Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

GoldenSpat
Posted: Monday, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
We've lots of progress reports on the models, which looks like it is going along nicely. But, what about the book?

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 01, 2014 at 5:31 AM
Since Todd Harris has delivered on the captains of the Spartans and Mycenaeans (and multiple other models) - How is he going with the Corinthians? He was supposedly starting them at the end of the kickstarter (according to update 10) so i'm a little curious.

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 02, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Actually I have another question!

I was reviewing the kickstarter is live thread and stumbled on Chris talking about Mycenaean Peltasts not being available til after the kickstarter fulfillment is over.. Does the introduction of the Mycenaean peltast captain mean we might get them earlier (since they were conversions of trojans and not as i thought the universal ones)

I am curious as i put them down as part of the survey (since they were on the pledge manager). If not will my stuff not ship until after the fulfillment is done??

And before its suggested I can't afford to split as i am in the wonderful land of OZ

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 1:43 PM Edited on 2014-07-08 13:45:21.0
hazpak said:
I was reviewing the kickstarter is live thread and stumbled on Chris talking about Mycenaean Peltasts not being available til after the kickstarter fulfillment is over.. Does the introduction of the Mycenaean peltast captain mean we might get them earlier (since they were conversions of trojans and not as i thought the universal ones)

I am curious as i put them down as part of the survey (since they were on the pledge manager). If not will my stuff not ship until after the fulfillment is done??

Mycenaean Peltasts are part of the universal Peltasts sets - so they'll have universal warriors and a captain specific to their citystate. The universal Peltasts and Archers are now all done, we're just waiting on the molds and they'll go into production... we should have these next, right before the Amazons.

Todd has started the Corinthians, we've already shown their Archer Captain a few weeks back. I'll show off the Peltast Captain soon as well.

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Hektor said:
armchair said:

Alot to ask I know

Second this question. Any idea on when the new minis will be available on the web site? I knew when I made my initial kickstarter pledge that I would regret not picking up Athena, Hekate, and Hades so I'd like to add them to my collection as soon as I can. Likewise the option of buying some additional shields. I like uniformity in my units and heroes usually so I am thinking about swapping some out.

Thanks!

Most of the Kickstarter stuff won't be going onto the online store for some time. Our first priority is to our backers, to get them all the stuff they are waiting on, and retail releases will follow after. If there is something you missed or want to add, just email us and we can take care of it for you directly.

The one exception to this is the Mycenaean & Spartan Peltasts and Archers, we'll likely put them into the store once they are in production, as the rest of the Sparta/Mycenae ranges have already been released, and there are plenty of folks with 1/2 completed armies who need them.

armchair
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Osiris said:
Hektor said:
armchair said:

Alot to ask I know

Thanks!

Most of the Kickstarter stuff won't be going onto the online store for some time. Our first priority is to our backers, to get them all the stuff they are waiting on, and retail releases will follow after. If there is something you missed or want to add, just email us and we can take care of it for you directly.

The one exception to this is the Mycenaean & Spartan Peltasts and Archers, we'll likely put them into the store once they are in production, as the rest of the Sparta/Mycenae ranges have already been released, and there are plenty of folks with 1/2 completed armies who need them.

Sorry didn't mean put on the online store for sale. I just meant put it on their with a date when available or even just "Coming soon"

Although I have read many posts on this forum and been through the website it is still not clear what the entirety is of what you have planned/what's coming. Putting everything coming on the online store is just a good way to organise everything for ease of perusal so that we can keep checking back to see things gradually become available.

This is especially the case for a casual visitors who would visit the online store rather than trawl through the forum. You could hook them with some pictures of your amazing and tempting sculpts so they would keep coming back to see when you could buy them.

A good example are the Amazons. They always seem to be popular with wargamers but there isn't a decent range out there really.

Just think you are missing a trick.

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Osiris said:
hazpak said:

Mycenaean Peltasts are part of the universal Peltasts sets - so they'll have universal warriors and a captain specific to their citystate. The universal Peltasts and Archers are now all done, we're just waiting on the molds and they'll go into production... we should have these next, right before the Amazons.

Todd has started the Corinthians, we've already shown their Archer Captain a few weeks back. I'll show off the Peltast Captain soon as well.

Excellent news :)

I must have missed the archer captain... off to search this topic

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Osiris said:
The archer captains from Todd are starting to arrive! First up is the Corinthian Captain, seen below. He's working now on the Spartan and Mycenaean Captains, which we should be seeing soon. I'll be doing the Captain for the Athenians, but he's a bit further down the list...

Corinth Archers

ahhh found him

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2014 at 7:22 PM
So as i alluded to earlier I was sorting through heaps of posts here on the forums and on the kickstarter and put together using markers pledge manager a kind of worksheet on where we are at.

I should state I have no insider knowledge of due dates etc or affiliation with Crocodile games. This was compiled was information gathered only in the public domain. You will need to download it if you want to play with it.

Kickstarter Work Status document

I will update when when newer information come to light.

---------------

armchair
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 09, 2014 at 6:39 AM
hazpak said:
So as i alluded to earlier I was sorting through heaps of posts here on the forums and on the kickstarter and put together using markers pledge manager a kind of worksheet on where we are at.

I should state I have no insider knowledge of due dates etc or affiliation with Crocodile games. This was compiled was information gathered only in the public domain. You will need to download it if you want to play with it.

Kickstarter Work Status document

I will update when when newer information come to light.

Thanks that's really helpful. As I said this should be on the online store with pictures where available.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 6:47 AM Edited on 2014-07-13 06:49:32.0
OK, here's the latest from the sculpting desk...

I'm still working on the last of the Amazons and the Automaton Bull, but we've run into a bit of a log-jam. The sculpting has currently gotten ahead of the moldmaking, which means I'm still waiting on the greens to come back to complete the Amazon Herald and Musician. But I can't stop the train on their account, so I just started the Atheneans a few weeks early! (Don't be alarmed at this, I usually have about 6 models on the sculpting table at any one time... you have to let the putty cure every so often or you'll mess up the work that you've done! The answer to this is to work on several sculpts at once, and each bit cure as you work on the next model in the line.)

Anyhow... Atheneans! Here are the first 2 complete models, and armature for a third. The 1/2 completed green will be molded as-is, like I did with the Amazon Archers and Peltasts, so I have a bunch of bodies to work from to complete all 4 of the Front-Rank models and the Captain.

These are shown with the Athena shield, the finished models will have several other shields (depending on their Battle Honors), but all of the same basic shape as the one shown here.

Hope you guys like them!

Atheneans

A pic showing them in file, with the 1/2 completed Front Rank sculpt in front:

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Here's a pic showing them in file, with the 1/2 completed Front Rank sculpt in front:

In-progress Atheneans

Hektor
Posted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Never fails. I tell myself "I'm not interested in the Athenians" and then I see the greens and I am proven wrong yet again. These look great! Love the helmet choice. These will look wicked all ranked up.

---------------

GorimUlthersson
Member: 2185
Posted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Same here, never thought I could be interested in anything Athenian, but those sculpts are too good, not to be interested:P

PaulCG1969
Member: 1573
Total Posts: 38
Posted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Fitz, it will be hard to have just one or two armies if you keep sculpting like this.

---------------
Id rather be lucky than good.

elpasopete
Member: 126
Total Posts: 81
Posted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Glad I ordered Athenians!

Asgard2502
Posted: Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Very cool!

---------------

Tjaroy
Posted: Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 1:11 AM
I wish I had ordered the Athenians now. Chris this is some of your best work,Great job.

I can image them facing off against their hated enemy the Spartans.

Oh what glory awaits the Daughters of Athena and the Sons of Apollo on the fields of Hellas.

Norcal Tony

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 4:46 AM
Fantastic sculpts Chris!!!! I didn't get these in my pledge but I may get some when they eventually get onto general release, well done again! Love the helmets. : )

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM
I ordered at least one of everything :)

But I guess I will now need more!!!

---------------

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3016
Posted: Monday, Jul 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Athenians! Man, I'm gonna need to get some eventually...

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM
CBP3 said:
Athenians! Man, I'm gonna need to get some eventually...
Glad to see you guys like them, they have been fun and challenging to sculpt so far!

Croc Games is heading to Historicon this week, so any forum questions will have to wait a few days for a reply.

Vandil
Member: 1425
Total Posts: 23
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Thinking to myself "well those look nice to bad I didn't pledge for those...."

Checks year old survey responses, "Demigod Athena, Warband Starter – Athenian"

And I even paid extra to ship them separately. "Way to go past tense me"

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Friday, Jul 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
@Vandil:

Thinking to myself "Those look amazing!"

Checks year old survey responses, no Athenian

"Stupid, stupid... past tense me"

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Any new tasty morsels for us?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014 at 7:35 AM
hazpak said:
Things have been slow on the sculpting front -- I've spent the last 2 weeks cleaning masters (260 minis so far, and still some to go!) It is a long and tedious process, but absolutely necessary to get the best castings possible.

I'll try and see what I can scrounge up to show off for you guys tomorrow. At the very least, we should be able to assemble the Amazon Archer & Peltast units and get them to pause for a photograph!

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Aug 11, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Osiris said:
hazpak said:
Things have been slow on the sculpting front -- I've spent the last 2 weeks cleaning masters (260 minis so far, and still some to go!) It is a long and tedious process, but absolutely necessary to get the best castings possible.

I'll try and see what I can scrounge up to show off for you guys tomorrow. At the very least, we should be able to assemble the Amazon Archer & Peltast units and get them to pause for a photograph!

So this cleaning.. is it of newer models or older models?

How often does this need to be done?

---------------

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Monday, Aug 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM
I believe that the process for casting is:
  1. Model is sculpted
  2. Mould is created from the green
  3. Master metal cast is produced
  4. Master metal cast is cleaned up
  5. Master metal cast is used to create the production mould
  6. Production casts

So in this case Chris is cleaning the masters so that the production casts are as clean as possible (i.e. he's at step 4 in the above process)

I would assume that the green is only used the once, then the master metal is used multiple times

My guess would be that this would happen each time a new master cast needs to be created, which probably depends on how often it's needed to create new moulds...

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 8:43 AM Edited on 2014-08-13 08:45:21.0
Oceanborn said:
I believe that the process for casting is:
  1. Model is sculpted
  2. Mould is created from the green
  3. Master metal cast is produced
  4. Master metal cast is cleaned up
  5. Master metal cast is used to create the production mould
  6. Production casts

So in this case Chris is cleaning the masters so that the production casts are as clean as possible (i.e. he's at step 4 in the above process)

I would assume that the green is only used the once, then the master metal is used multiple times

My guess would be that this would happen each time a new master cast needs to be created, which probably depends on how often it's needed to create new moulds...

The above is precisely correct! Very good, sir!

Cleaning the masters is essential to do correctly - if they are sent to the moldmaker with imperfections like mold lines, metal gate vents, etc, these will be on all of the production figures. So, we clean each and ever one as perfectly as possible, so you don't have to.

If there are a lot of greens involved, it can be a long process - especially if something goes wrong. In this latest batch, I erred on the thickness of the archer's bows, and so I've had to go in and thicken each and every bow on the masters. Each mold has about 12 minis in it, and there are 5 archers, so I had to rework 60 miniatures... doh! It would have been better to catch it at the greens stage, but at least I'll be better prepared in the future.

The good news is that all of the greens in the photo below (and a few more) are now mastered, cleaned, and the masters were sent back to our moldmaker on Monday to have their production molds made. I'm now back at the sculpting table, working on the last few bits for the Amazons (herald and musician, expect pics in about a week or so!)

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Thank you very much for these explanations

Its quite helpful to understand the time some things need!

cheers Thomas

P.S. I have nearly finished to make my trojans ready for painting. Great sculpting production quality each and every miniature! The masters cleaning pays off I understand now.

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Thanks for confirming Chris - I think I may have forgotten a step, and that is if you're planning to have multiples of the same figure in a mould then you have multiple metal masters to clean up.

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM
I don't remember seeing some of those Amazon poses before. I LOVE what I'm seeing and can't wait for the Amazon's!

Thanks Chris!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Thursday, Aug 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM
I notice the male hoplites have corinth and mycaenae on their tabs.

First look swordsmen?

---------------

Akori
Posted: Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I LOVE THE AMAZONS!!!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at 4:21 PM
hazpak said:
I notice the male hoplites have corinth and mycaenae on their tabs.

First look swordsmen?

Those are the Mycenaean and Corinthian Archer and Peltast captains.

The Mycenaean Swordsmen are done and dusted, already available in the Croc store! :)

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Aug 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Ahhhhh saw the sword arms and jumped to conclusions...

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM
ahem... update?

Sorry amazons are a delivery point for me... getting excited

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 27, 2014 at 11:38 PM Edited on 2014-08-28 19:22:21.0
hazpak said:
ahem... update?

As for me

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 8:24 AM
hazpak said:
ahem... update?

We should have a cool little update tonight!

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Ok, here's the latest mechanical menace from Hephaestus' forge... the Bronze Bull!

I am still wrapping up the sculpting, and may add a few more rivets, and still have to cut him apart. He'll end up being at least 4 pieces - 2 body halves, head/horns, and tail. I may also change the horns to make it easier to cast (horns going to the side, rather than sloping forward.) We shall see...

Hope you guys like him, he was a lot more complicated than I had anticipated, I should have known better with multi-part models.

Bronze Bull Automaton

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 7:05 AM
I do like the horns forward! Do your best to keep them

---------------

Tjaroy
Posted: Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Another great looking model.

---------------

pyremius
Member: 29
Total Posts: 1530
Posted: Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Can you cut the horns off the head, as a fifth piece?

Akori
Posted: Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Yes please!

---------------

powerfrog99
Posted: Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Oh yes, another great sculpt ! I also vote for the forward horns, if there is such a thing as voting in this issue

I am really happy having included this beast (robot) to my pledge at a later stage.

---------------

Anstpuppet
Posted: Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Looks awesome. I would also like to throw in my lot with the horns forward crowd.

PaulCG1969
Posted: Monday, Sep 01, 2014 at 11:16 AM
The Bull looks awesome.

---------------

Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Saturday, Sep 06, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Man, I LOVE that bull !! I'm chomping at the bit to paint one!!

Asgard2502
Posted: Tuesday, Sep 09, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Fitz do you have a rough eta for the amazons at this stage?

---------------

Hecate
Croc Administration
Member: 559
Total Posts: 355
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Asgard2502 said:
Hey guys, we are now shipping the Sparta and Mycenaean rewards, UK and Europe have already gone out, and it will take about 2 weeks to complete the rest.

Automaton and Amazon production will start right after that, but there are a LOT of Amazon rewards to complete, so please bear with us while we get them all together. So, we are hoping to have them all wrapped up by the end of October, if all goes well. Please keep in mind, this is a big faction with lots of parts, with the Automations going out at the same... Everything looks good so far, but one problem part could delay the whole train. We'll do our best to keep it heading down the tracks!

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM
good times to come...

---------------

Asgard2502
Posted: Thursday, Sep 11, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Hecate said:
Asgard2502 said:
Hey guys, we are now shipping the Sparta and Mycenaean rewards, UK and Europe have already gone out, and it will take about 2 weeks to complete the rest.

Automaton and Amazon production will start right after that, but there are a LOT of Amazon rewards to complete, so please bear with us while we get them all together. So, we are hoping to have them all wrapped up by the end of October, if all goes well. Please keep in mind, this is a big faction with lots of parts, with the Automations going out at the same... Everything looks good so far, but one problem part could delay the whole train. We'll do our best to keep it heading down the tracks!

Nice one cheers :-D

I posted in the comments on the latest update, but can we get an alpha copy of the armylists for the amazons and trojans please?

My other army coming is wendigo so I won't be able to get a game and demoing in till I get some rules to hand.

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Asgard2502 said:
Hecate said:
Asgard2502 said:

Nice one cheers :-D

I posted in the comments on the latest update, but can we get an alpha copy of the armylists for the amazons and trojans please?

My other army coming is wendigo so I won't be able to get a game and demoing in till I get some rules to hand.

We're focusing on getting the minis out the door at the moment, but we'll be doing a rules update right after the Amazons ship.

marius
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Thanks Chris its always nice to hear that progress is being made.

Siruf
Member: 2054
Posted: Thursday, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Just have received my box full of spartans and demigods. Looking at the sculpts I think I should have spent more on this KS. And the yellow coupon tells me the same thing.

Special thanks to Debs for arranging the optimal logistics. You have saved me about $60-$70 and few hours of my life so I really appreciate your help.

Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Saturday, Sep 20, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Everything looks amazing! AAAAAAHHHHHHHNNNNG!

Can't wait to get my hands on it all!

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Oct 01, 2014 at 6:36 PM
They say no news is good news - but any news is better ;)

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Oct 02, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Hmmm, here's one I don't think we've shown off yet...

Amazon Captain

powerfrog99
Posted: Friday, Oct 03, 2014 at 2:11 PM
That's a nice one thanks

Is the Amazon range complete now?

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Oct 04, 2014 at 5:30 AM
Complete I think for wave 1

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Oct 06, 2014 at 9:39 AM
OK, time to show off another round of sculpts, these wrap up them Amazons.

First up are the Amazon command figures, the Herald and Musician. The Herald carries a standard that suggests the changing phases of them moon, as well as the tripart aspect of the goddess Hecate. The Musician carries a lyre, based on an actual ancient greek design - made from the shell of a tortoise, and the arms of the harp are made from the horns of a bull. I thought the use of natural elements appropriate to the Amazons!

Amazon Command

Greek Lyre

Next is the Amazon queen, Penthesilea. Penny was a real struggle to sculpt, I ended up starting and restarting the model several times, before I got a pose I was happy with. She's one of those miniatures that is very difficult to photograph because she does not lie on a flat 2d plane... I tried to get a coupe different angles to show, but I should probably have taken a couple more. Her axe arm comes off at the shoulder, and her shield arm comes off at the elbow. I included another pic of Des' excellent concept design too...

Penthesilea concept design

Penthesilea green

These are the last of the Amazons in their first wave, and they are at our moldmaker now! Fingers crossed that the molds come out OK, if so we should have production molds in our hands very soon!

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Posted: Monday, Oct 06, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Those look great!

---------------

Tjaroy
Posted: Monday, Oct 06, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Looking good. Now I wish I would have gotten the Amazons.

Great job Chris

---------------

Ares
Legbreaker
Posted: Tuesday, Oct 07, 2014 at 10:12 AM
They're alright I guess.

A little more practice Fitz and maybe you'll become a professional sculptor some day

GoldenSpat
Posted: Wednesday, Oct 08, 2014 at 3:39 PM
When can we expect to get a pdf of the Olympus rules, would it be before or after the Amazons ship?

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Oct 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM Edited on 2014-10-11 09:53:28.0
GoldenSpat said:
When can we expect to get a pdf of the Olympus rules, would it be before or after the Amazons ship?
We will be sending out a PDF rules update shortly after the Amazons (so backers can play them now), but the rulebook will be some months later. The finished book will include all the new factions from the Kickstarter (Athens and Corinth), so we have to wrap these up, paint & photo to include them in the finished book. So a while yet... but you should be able to start playing with the current factions before then.

GarethPannan
Posted: Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 at 6:17 AM
You sir are a god among titans!

marius
Posted: Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Excellent. They look great.

If we did a paypal pledge, should we remind you guys of this and the details or is it all ok.

chopa
Member: 89
Total Posts: 76
Posted: Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 2:34 AM
Wonderful news on the PDF. Can't wait. (I also received my Mycenae pledge recently pretty pumped).

Zebb
Member: 1928
Total Posts: 19
Posted: Sunday, Oct 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Any chance of a pic of the amazon honor guard?

Jack Trowell
Member: 2219
Posted: Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:13 AM
About the PDF and paypal pledges, I submitted a payment 7 days ago for a warrior/rulebook pledge level with paypal, and I still have not been contacted about it, is it normal ?

Zebb
Posted: Wednesday, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Ahhhh - sorry found the honor guard a few pages back :)

karazka
Member: 2222
Total Posts: 13
Posted: Sunday, Oct 26, 2014 at 4:47 AM
How are the amazones going along

---------------
Gods, gods are everywhere!!!!

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM
+ 1

While painting my Trojan archers and spearmen I am curious when to get my 2nd shipment

cheers Thomas

---------------

Jack Trowell
Posted: Monday, Nov 03, 2014 at 2:44 AM Edited on 2014-11-03 04:05:19.0
Jack Trowell said:
About the PDF and paypal pledges, I submitted a payment 7 days ago for a warrior/rulebook pledge level with paypal, and I still have not been contacted about it, is it normal ?
It is now more than a full month since my pledge and still no news, I'm starting to worry.

Did somebody heard any news from crocs since their last post in this thread ?

I can understand that with the amazons near shipping they might have been overworked, but then it would probably be a very good idea to at least post a "sorry we will be very busy for a few weeks" before going dark like that ...

Hecate
Croc Administration
Member: 559
Total Posts: 355
Posted: Monday, Nov 03, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Jack Trowell said:
Jack Trowell said:
It is now more than a full month since my pledge and still no news, I'm starting to worry.

Did somebody heard any news from crocs since their last post in this thread ?

I can understand that with the amazons near shipping they might have been overworked, but then it would probably be a very good idea to at least post a "sorry we will be very busy for a few weeks" before going dark like that ...

Hi Jack,

I sent you an email on October 26 confirming receipt of your payment and asking for details about your reward selection, but I haven't received a response yet. Please can you email me directly at sales at crocodilegames dot com if you have an alternative email address than the one you used for payment?

Thanks,

Debs

Jack Trowell
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 04, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Thank you, I found your e-mail in my spam folder, I'm sending you an answer now.

karazka
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 04, 2014 at 6:02 AM
any news for how the amazones are getting along, cant wait for my order a lot of mini's it will be

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 04, 2014 at 9:44 AM
The Amazon production has begun. We are still waiting for the last set of molds to be finished, figures that had some problems and needed to be reworked (Penthesilea and a couple characters) but we've already started casting the warriors, peltasts and archers, and these are about 75% complete. So, likely a couple more weeks of production, and then packing and shipping.

I'll post another update with some pics this week, we can reveal off some bits we've not shown yet (shields, metal Automatons, etc).

BlazeXI
Member: 816
Total Posts: 118
Posted: Monday, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Chris, any chances we would get the pictures of automatons? I need something to drool over....

---------------
BlazeXI

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Nov 24, 2014 at 9:25 PM
BlazeXI said:
Chris, any chances we would get the pictures of automatons? I need something to drool over....
That sounds like a good idea. We've not shown off the alternate Automaton Hoplite yet (Human mask and carrying a sword). I did a variation like this, so people who wanted to build units of these can have one as a captain.

I'm putting together a complete set of the Automatons for Debs to paint, I'll blacken them first to get some photos, before we prime them. Pics coming soon!

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 12:54 PM
OK, as requested, here are some images of the Automaton variations - now in metal! Sorry for the delay on these, we've had our hands full with Amazon production the last week.

First up is the Automation Hoplite Captain. This is basically a separate arm/head sprue, this one with a sculpted human 'mask' helmet and a sword. If you order the Automaton set, you'll get the parts to make either option.

Automation Captain

Next up is the Bronze Minotaur, he comes with a hand/weapon sprue with 2 options: either an pole-axe or a hooked spear. Put him together with the one you like best!

Minotaur Options pose 1

Minotaur options pose 2

Last is a picture with the whole line-up, to show their size in comparison to one another. The Minoton is on a 40x40mm base, the Bull is on a 25x50mm base, the Dog and Hoplite are both on 25x25mm bases, and the Owl is shown on a 20x20mm base (although he does not come with a base, I just mounted him on one to photograph. The idea with him is that he can be glued on a model's arm or shoulder, as a pet.)

Automaton Scale Comparison

Hektor
Posted: Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 4:50 PM Edited on 2014-12-04 16:50:20.0
LOVE these, Fitz. They look awesome.

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Friday, Dec 05, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Absolutely awesome.

---------------
BlazeXI

karazka
Posted: Friday, Dec 05, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Good news they are busy with the amazone production cant wait for my demigods and amazons wiee

---------------

powerfrog99
Posted: Friday, Dec 05, 2014 at 11:47 PM
These look great Any idea of a shipping date, I begin to run out of Trojans cheers Thomas

---------------

Tjaroy
Posted: Monday, Dec 08, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Man they look awesome. Can not wait to get them.

Thanks Chris for the pictures.

NorCal Tony

---------------

Hobdoglin
Member: 2212
Posted: Saturday, Dec 20, 2014 at 1:05 AM Edited on 2014-12-20 01:26:06.0

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Dec 22, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Hobdoglin, funny photo, point well taken. We've been hard at work casting, sorting, and packing Amazons and Automatons the last few weeks - there were a lot of them. The first batch of packages have have shipped today, and we'll be sending more this week and next.

We'll have more sculpting updates in a few weeks, after the dust has cleared from Amazon fulfillment.

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:07 PM Edited on 2014-12-22 22:08:43.0
The first battalion of Amazons has been deployed, and are now marching toward Alaska, Virginia, Texas, and numerous other male-dominated strongholds! More units are massing for the second wave, shipping tomorrow!

I realized as we were packing up orders that there were a couple photos I had forgotten to show off - some of the other shield designs for the Amazon Battle Honors.

Here they are... the Red Hands and the Horse Widows. The Spear Sisters get the 'crescent moon' shield that we've shown off before. Yes, those are real human hands and scalps nailed to the front of the Red Hands shields... nobody ever said the Amazons played nice!

Hope you guys like them!

Red Hands

Horse Widows

Hektor
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM
As I will be painting a warband of these for my wife sometime upcoming, gotta say I am looking forward to seeing these up close. Love the Red Hands shields.

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 23, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Wow, had no idea we would be getting such cool shields!

Anstpuppet
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 23, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Those shields are awesome sir. Olympus keeps looking better and better.

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Variety in shield designs for the Amazones as well, great stuff

Will I have the possibility to select which kind of shields my units will be equipped with?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014 at 8:46 AM
powerfrog99 said:
Variety in shield designs for the Amazones as well, great stuff

Will I have the possibility to select which kind of shields my units will be equipped with?

Backers who ordered a single unit have the Spear Sisters shields (moon design).

Backers who ordered a warband (3 units) get one set of each of the Battle Honors (moons, horses, hands).

If you want a different assortment, email us ASAP!

Akori
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM
AMAZING!!! I can't wait to get my shipment!!!

---------------

Heisler
Member: 56
Total Posts: 194
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Just received word from my boys that my shipment arrived on the front porch today. I'll meet up with them tonight at my parent's house for Christmas Eve and to get my box of Amazon minis!

---------------
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes) * Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity. * Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday

Heisler
Member: 56
Total Posts: 194
Posted: Thursday, Dec 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Packaged handed off. Awesome, I'm just blown away by both the quality of the sculpts and the casting.

Pictures of the un-boxing/un-wrapping are on my blog: Your text to link...

---------------
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes) * Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity. * Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday

GarethPannan
Posted: Friday, Dec 26, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Hey Heisler, Thanks for that unboxing - very well done! I'm so looking forward to my box of goodies! Those amazons are looking fantastic and the Croc always does great casting and I've always found them very helpful! Cheers.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Dec 29, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Um Osiris, I though we specified which shields we wanted in the survey you sent out ages ago??!!

Please confirm you need that info again

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Dec 29, 2014 at 6:06 PM
hazpak said:
Um Osiris, I though we specified which shields we wanted in the survey you sent out ages ago??!!

Please confirm you need that info again

Not everyone made specific shield requests on their surveys. Those who didn't are getting one of each set.

Hazpak, I checked your survey, we have your shield requests, no problem.

Asian Sensation
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Fitz,

Outstanding job thus far on the Kickstarter. I can't wait to receive mine on the near future...

Is there anyway to review the exact contents of my Kickstarter pledge order? I reviewed all of the reply e-mails I received as confirmation of my pledge last year but can't seem to find the exact particulars of all the add-onsI ordered with the "By The Gods!" Level reward other than the final amount pledged/paid; $492.00.

Is there a way I can review my order to see what I should have coming?

Thanks again for the wonderful gaming experience and Long Live the Croc!

Respectfully, Kevin

Oceanborn
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Assuming you pledged through kickstarter itself, if you log in and look at the rewards, on the reward you selected you should see a link allowing you to view your responses to the kickstarter survey. (It is definitely there on the desktop site, not sure about on the mobile site)

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Asian Sensation said:
Fitz,

Is there anyway to review the exact contents of my Kickstarter pledge order? I reviewed all of the reply e-mails I received as confirmation of my pledge last year but can't seem to find the exact particulars of all the add-onsI ordered with the "By The Gods!" Level reward other than the final amount pledged/paid; $492.00.

Is there a way I can review my order to see what I should have coming?

Thanks again for the wonderful gaming experience and Long Live the Croc!

Respectfully, Kevin

Sure, Debs should have a record of everything you ordered on file - she'll be working on these this weekend, so I'll have her forward over your list then.

Asian Sensation
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Thanks Fitz. I'm not sure if you recall but I was the participant who pledged while being stationed in Korea and since then I moved twice (once to Colorado Springs, Colorado and then to Syracuse, New York). The address listed on the Kickstarter survey is incorrect and the website was unable to send me updates until yesterday. I corrected the e-mail issue and send you a message from the Kickstarter site summarizing my issues. Hopefully you received it by now. Either way, I hope the e-mail connectivity issues did not cause any problems. I hope to hear from Debs soon to resolve any mix-ups. Happy New Year's!

Respectfully, Kevin Major, United States Air Force (soon to be Retired) Liverpool, New York

marius
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Awesome news, do we need to confirm details if we did additional PayPal pledges?

Thanks Dave

elpasopete
Posted: Thursday, Jan 01, 2015 at 12:49 PM Edited on 2015-01-05 19:49:11.0
As one of those that ordered Corinthians and Athenians, I have not received anything so far and am getting envious of all those who have. Chris, have you started the next batch of sculpts or will you be doing the new rule book first?

Pete

elpasopete
Posted: Thursday, Jan 01, 2015 at 12:49 PM Edited on 2015-01-01 12:51:09.0
oops- sorry for the double post.

As one of those that ordered Corinthians and Athenians, I have received anything so far and am getting envious of all those who have. Chris, have you started the next batch of sculpts or will you be doing the new rule book first?

Pete

Oceanborn
Posted: Thursday, Jan 01, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Pete - we've seen some of the sculpts (earlier in this thread), at least for the Corinthians, and I'm pretty sure that Chris has said that he's been working on these figures as they need to have at least some done for photos to go in the rulebook...

Ares
Legbreaker
Posted: Thursday, Jan 08, 2015 at 1:06 PM
Foolish Mortals! Ares demands his warrior women! Ha! I can't even say that with a straight face. There is no such thing as a woman that can fight! I demand the bodies of these Amazons to be sent to me post haste! I command you to put their bodies in a box and ship them to me on your fastest sailing vessel! Send me weapons and armor as well!

Do not delay these Commands. My patience grows thin with your petty excuses. You have until sundown to meet my demands, for tomorrow, I will march upon your doorstep with an army greater than you have ever seen to exact vengeance for any delays, real or imagined!

Ares has spoken!!!

Ares
Legbreaker
Posted: Thursday, Jan 08, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Oops, my alter ego took over for a second there. I've had coffee now. Carry on!

Anstpuppet
Posted: Friday, Jan 09, 2015 at 11:34 AM
Too funny Ares, now most of my coffee is on the laptop screen. Thanks for that.

atom12
Member: 40
Total Posts: 292
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Got my pledge today. When I open the boxed everything was nice packed and label. Can believe this came from Croc. Then remember Debs is in control of a few things now. Putting order to chaos.

All the minis are so cool. Can wait to start painting them up.

Think I still need a few more mini’s.

Adam

GarethPannan
Posted: Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 6:38 PM
Hi Guys, Just wondering if my Amazon pledge has been shipped? I'm one of the guys who got the Olympian deal with some extras. Cheers, Gareth : )

GarethPannan
Posted: Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 3:28 AM
Thanks Debs, got my confirmation today! Love this Kickstarter!

karazka
Posted: Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 6:59 AM
i am hoping mine are shipped soon waiting for my chicks yeeh

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Any update on how shipping is progressing? Status of things to come?

anything....

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Monday, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:25 PM
I received my address confirmation email last week...so presumably they're moving along

marius
Posted: Tuesday, Jan 27, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Agree, still awaiting confirmation ...

Dave Kinsey

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2015 at 8:42 AM
Hey guys, we're packing and shipping Amazons as fast as we can - now working our way through the overseas orders. I'll be doing a Kickstarter update later tonight with more details.

More greens coming too, just putting the finishing touches on a few more Athenians!

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM Edited on 2015-01-28 13:41:13.0
Hi Chris, being an overseas orderer I love to hear this

Just finished my Trojans, so its time for the ladies now

cheers Thomas

P.S. Athenian greens another great news!!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:36 PM Edited on 2015-01-28 23:41:06.0
Ok, time for another sculpting update... progress has been a bit slower than hoped, as I've been helping with packing orders and last-minute-casting, but I have managed to finish off all of the Athenian hoplites. Woohoo!

Still a few to go, including Theseus, his guards, the Hero, and the archer and peltast captains. I'm also working on a bunch of new shields for them too... one with a ship (for the Companions of Theseus), one with a Trident (for the Poseidon's Faithful) and one a laurel wreath (for the Chosen of Nike).

Athenian Captain

The Captain is about 95% complete, I still need to do a sword arm, which will be a separate piece and interchangeable with the spear arm. He has a scroll, educated in the Athenian Academies, of course. I may add a few more details and decorations to his armor, grieves, etc. He'll get his own shield as well.

Middle & Rear Rank Athenians

Here are the other 2 Middle/Rear rank Athenians. I tried to make the Athenians a mix of young and old men, to suggest their citizen army... men of all walks of life put on their armor in times of war.

Front Rank Athenians

Karameikos
Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Appreciate the update, Chris - these are looking excellent!

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:22 AM
Bearded/ not bearded to indicate age Chris?

---------------
BlazeXI

Zebb
Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM Edited on 2015-01-31 05:00:55.0
Any chance for a Raven shield, just read through the Killer of Men series by Christian Cameron and would love to do some Plataeans when ever the Atheans will be on general release.

Lovely sculpts as always!

powerfrog99
Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:37 AM
Nice and brilliant thank you!

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Friday, Jan 30, 2015 at 6:40 AM
Bloody hell, they're a bit fantastic!!!! Well done!

sandfly
The Wizard of Oz
Member: 33
Total Posts: 1467
Posted: Saturday, Jan 31, 2015 at 7:16 PM Edited on 2015-01-31 19:24:01.0
Oceanborn said:
I received my address confirmation email last week...so presumably they're moving along
Appear to have gotten my addy-confo email at the same time! (19th)... but haven't been checking that email account lately (tsk, tsk, tsk)... done so now... the count-down begins.

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 9:51 PM
eagerly tracking my first package - hope the other gets sent soon

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Friday, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:23 PM
I got my minis yesterday. Absolutely amazing.

---------------
BlazeXI

sandfly
The Wizard of Oz
Member: 33
Total Posts: 1467
Posted: Monday, Feb 23, 2015 at 6:01 PM Edited on 2015-02-23 18:02:12.0
Me too... ... but haven't had a chance to unbox yet.

marius
Posted: Monday, Feb 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Have got confirmation and sent back response confirming details (third and different email address is a charm).

Let me know if there is an issue Debs (or Chris).

Thanks Dave Kinsey

elpasopete
Posted: Monday, Mar 09, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Chris, It's been a month without an update. How are the Athenians and Corinthians coming? Any word on the new rule book?

Pete

Mordante
Member: 1205
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:36 PM
You know what would be cool? A summarized list (in a different thread that is not 30 pages long) of what has been completed and shipped, and what is still to be sculpted, and then an ongoing status update on that list, It has got to be getting close to the end, but without weeding thru multiple pages of this thread I have no real idea. And of course an update on the rulebook , well over a year behind schedule and no word if it is even being looked at yet, would be nice.

I keep trying to pull my friends that play Warhammer into this great game, and I continue to get the same excuse. They will consider it when the Olympus book comes out. I have no idea when to tell them that will be. With Warhammer going "thru the change..." this summer will be a great time to introduce a new game to people who are rage quitting that game.

Karameikos
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Mordante said:
You know what would be cool? A summarized list (in a different thread that is not 30 pages long) of what has been completed and shipped, and what is still to be sculpted, and then an ongoing status update on that list, It has got to be getting close to the end, but without weeding thru multiple pages of this thread I have no real idea. And of course an update on the rulebook , well over a year behind schedule and no word if it is even being looked at yet, would be nice.

I keep trying to pull my friends that play Warhammer into this great game, and I continue to get the same excuse. They will consider it when the Olympus book comes out. I have no idea when to tell them that will be. With Warhammer going "thru the change..." this summer will be a great time to introduce a new game to people who are rage quitting that game.

I think these two points are excellent!

And to allow as much time as possible to The Croc to keep working away at the 2nd Point (i.e., finishing sculpts allowing for completion of the rules), I'll volunteer to create the new thread, if there are no objections. I regularly keep up with the Kickstarter site comments and the multiple threads on this board, so it is not an issue for me to edit the first post of the new thread as updates are shared.

---------------

Karameikos
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:10 PM
New Thread started

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Hey guys

Trojan PDF update is up, Kickstarter backers can get the download link on the Update page:

Kickstarter Update Page

I'm working on the next batch of Athenians (Theseus and his guards), but they are in the 'not pretty' state at the moment. I'll put up some images once I get them reasonably presentable. We're going to be having more updates relating to the book in the coming weeks, there will be lots to show off as it comes together.

The idea for a compiled progress thread is a good one... this thread was meant to be for sculpting updates, but it has turned into a catch-all kickstarter thread, and it has gotten pretty unmanagable. (That's not a complaint, just an observation.) I'll see what we can put together this weekend, so we can more clearly show where we are.

Anstpuppet
Posted: Thursday, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Thanks for releasing the Trojan warband rules. I do have a couple of quick questions. Does the Apollonian Guard count as hoplites or missile troops as far as percentages go? I don't really have an argument either way as I have not had a chance to play with them and probably won't be able to for a while but either choice is likely to have consequences on army selection and performance on the table.

Also with the Apollonian Guard, seeing as they cannot take the phalanx formation can the spears of the second rank be used in combat when/if the Apollonian Guard charges or are they considered to have hand weapons instead of spears, not able to use that equipment, or something else along those lines? I know when they are charged they revert to hand weapons but when it is the other way around the wording could open up issues if not spelled out.

Sorry if these questions seem too nitpicky but one of the things I love about Wargods is the clarity of the rules and the ability to talk directly to those that make the game so that questions get answered in an official fashion. Much better than certain games I can think of.

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Mar 13, 2015 at 8:32 AM
Anstpuppet said:
Thanks for releasing the Trojan warband rules. I do have a couple of quick questions. Does the Apollonian Guard count as hoplites or missile troops as far as percentages go? I don't really have an argument either way as I have not had a chance to play with them and probably won't be able to for a while but either choice is likely to have consequences on army selection and performance on the table.

Also with the Apollonian Guard, seeing as they cannot take the phalanx formation can the spears of the second rank be used in combat when/if the Apollonian Guard charges or are they considered to have hand weapons instead of spears, not able to use that equipment, or something else along those lines? I know when they are charged they revert to hand weapons but when it is the other way around the wording could open up issues if not spelled out.

Sorry if these questions seem too nitpicky but one of the things I love about Wargods is the clarity of the rules and the ability to talk directly to those that make the game so that questions get answered in an official fashion. Much better than certain games I can think of.

I started a new thread for Trojan rules discussion:

Trojan Rules Thread

Hektor
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:22 PM
Fitz or Debs,

Concerning the last few days of Pay Pal Pledging...is the warband level pledge the minimum pledge? Or can we purchase Amazons thru add-ons (i.e, a Starter Set and an archer unit)? Likewise for the automatons...do we have to purchase all 5, or can we get them individually? My Demigod of Hephaestus demands to know. ;)

Thanks!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Hektor said:
Fitz or Debs,

Concerning the last few days of Pay Pal Pledging...is the warband level pledge the minimum pledge? Or can we purchase Amazons thru add-ons (i.e, a Starter Set and an archer unit)? Likewise for the automatons...do we have to purchase all 5, or can we get them individually? My Demigod of Hephaestus demands to know. ;)

Thanks!

Yes, you can still add Amazon and Automaton add-ons until Paypal Pledging closes for them, after March 22 (just 3 days away!)

Just let us know what you need and we'll get it sent!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:14 AM Edited on 2015-03-25 09:16:34.0
Back at the sculpting table, here is the latest to reach completion... the Athenian Honor Guard. There will be 2 of these, the other will be a conversion of this green.

He will likely have a different shield, but the pictured shield is also new...

Athens Bodyguard

Zebb
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:34 PM Edited on 2015-03-25 16:38:01.0
Amazing!!! I should have taken Athenians (and called them Plateans) as well. Will we get a special hand/arm for Theseus holding a minotaur head? As was spoken about during the Kickstarter?

You could do Ariadne as well, I will never get tired of you sculpting women!

BlazeXI
Posted: Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 12:06 AM
Fantastic! Can't wait for Athens and Corinth to be completed, as the book would be next.

---------------
BlazeXI

marius
Posted: Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM
Lovely work Chris.

My Amazons have arrived and looking forward to unboxing them on the weekend.

Asgard2502
Posted: Thursday, Apr 09, 2015 at 3:36 AM
Athenians look really cool!

Any update on the amazon pdf?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:15 AM Edited on 2015-04-16 12:25:41.0
Asgard2502 said:
Athenians look really cool!

Any update on the amazon pdf?

I'll be getting the Amazon PDF together in the next week or 2 - right after I finish up the current Atheneans I'm working on.

Glad you like the Athenians so far. Theseus and the Hero are now both nearly complete... Theseus just needs his slotta-tab and his shield (the metal shield in the photo is just a stand-in.)

Theseus

The Hero is not so far along, but I should have a photo ready in a couple days. He just needs his hands and weapons.

Also dropped off the latest batch of greens to be molded, so we should have masters of these in the next couple weeks:

Greens, April

Karameikos
Posted: Thursday, Apr 16, 2015 at 6:29 PM
Excellent work, Chris! In my opinion, Theseus appears the most noble of the various Olympus City State specific nobility sculpts thus far.

Definitely looking forward to this Athenian release

---------------

Asgard2502
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 1:37 AM
Is PayPal pledging still open for the Athenians? They are incredible!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 7:49 AM
Should be - I know I intend to up my pledge....

Luckily I have time to save up

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 21, 2015 at 6:51 PM Edited on 2015-04-22 11:47:33.0
Asgard2502 said:
Is PayPal pledging still open for the Athenians? They are incredible!
Yes, you can still get the Athenians by Paypal pledging:

Paypal Pledging

Athenian Hero update tomorrow! :)

Asgard2502
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:05 AM
Awesome cheers!

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:26 AM
Yes it is open for Athenians and Corinth.

---------------
BlazeXI

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:38 PM Edited on 2015-04-22 14:41:04.0
The Athenian Hero has been completed! I went with a spiral and wave decorative theme with this guy, as Athens is a major naval power. The shield shown will not be the one he is sold with - but it will be the same shape.

Athens Hero 360

Athens Hero & Armor Rack

Also complete is the Athens Armor Rack. His armor rack includes a scroll in a case, to suggest they the Athenians are literate and cultured. I have to confess, I have been enjoying making all of the little armor panoplies, they are all going to make for an awesome 'armory' scenic piece when completed... just 1 more to go!

Greek Armor Racks - front

Greek Armor Racks - angle

Hope you guys like these, I'm now working on the Herald, Musician, and alternate Honor Guard models, and some shields and odd bits to boot. I should have another greens update ready in about 2 weeks.

Asgard2502
Posted: Thursday, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:03 AM
That is seriously cool!

---------------

Asgard2502
Posted: Thursday, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:51 AM
Did a big PayPal order for an Athenian army hehe, hopefully I can get either my amazon's or wendigo painted before these arrive!

---------------

Agis
Queen of the Amazons
Member: 1008
Posted: Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 3:20 AM
Great job on the Athens!

---------------
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - www.adpublishing.de

DaveL
Member: 18
Total Posts: 670
Posted: Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 9:54 AM Edited on 2015-04-30 14:47:44.0
Skookum!

No doubt I'll be adding some Athenians too.

Zebb
Posted: Thursday, Apr 30, 2015 at 4:02 PM
I have to ask, has anyone in the UK gotten their order yet?

I am out traveling for work a lot, and I asked to have it sent to the office, but they haven't received any packages for me... So I am starting to get a bit worried.

Asgard2502
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 at 2:52 AM
Do you mean of the amazons? Yeah they arrived ages ago

---------------

Zebb
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 at 5:14 AM
Yes the Amazons, I have not received any so I am a bit at a loss now...

And thanks for the information Asgard!

Oceanborn
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 at 7:06 AM
Did you pledge just for the infantry miniatures, or the cav and/or rulebook as well? If the latter, did you pay for separate shipping?

Asgard2502
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 at 9:20 AM
I only put in for the minis only warband yeah, I would contact Croc and PayPal them another shipping cost

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Just finished are the Athens Archer Captain and the Athens Musician. These were both fun to work on, I've really begun to enjoy sculpting the Athenian armor. There are now only 2 minis left for Athens, the Herald and the Peltast Captain, both currently underway. If all goes well, I should have the complete Athenian warband sculpted by the end of this month (May).

Here are some pics, hope you guys like them!

Athenian command miniatures

Tjaroy
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 1:59 AM
More Great Work Chris.

I may have to revisit the Athenians. The models are really nice.

Tony

---------------

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 7:47 AM
That Athenian archer captain is brilliant! Amazing detail, dynamic pose, amazing execution, congratulations!

BlazeXI
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Brilliant. When I finish painting Spartans I will reward myself with buying Athenians.

---------------
BlazeXI

elpasopete
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM
I am sure glad I bought Athenians two years ago. I've been waiting a long time for my first figure.........getting anxious.

Hrod
Member: 2339
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 4:52 PM
I missed the Kickstarter. I missed the Amazons and the Automatons by a few days.

These Gods, these Amazons, these Automatons, these Athenians, well everything in this Olympus range, are so stunning and well sculpted that I'll probably succumb to this Sirens' song

It seems that I can still order the Athenians and the Gods.The Corinthians too. Too late for the Automatons and probably also for the Gates of Troy.

By Zeus, these Athenians and Gods will surely be mine

Karameikos
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Osiris said:
Just finished are the Athens Archer Captain and the Athens Musician. These were both fun to work on, I've really begun to enjoy sculpting the Athenian armor. There are now only 2 minis left for Athens, the Herald and the Peltast Captain, both currently underway. If all goes well, I should have the complete Athenian warband sculpted by the end of this month (May).
Chris,

Will you be completing Athenian specific alternate sword arms for the front rank hoplites, as well? Just mentioning it while you are in The Zone with regards to sculpting Athenians

And these sculpts look absolutely fantastic! I'm looking forward to painting them, hopefully this summer!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 10:22 AM
Karameikos said:
Osiris said:
Chris,

Will you be completing Athenian specific alternate sword arms for the front rank hoplites, as well? Just mentioning it while you are in The Zone with regards to sculpting Athenians

And these sculpts look absolutely fantastic! I'm looking forward to painting them, hopefully this summer!

Yes, the Athenian sword arms are already completed. They are visible above in the post dated April 15.

Karameikos
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Ah yes, I was too busy eyeballing some of the other figures in that tray at the time, and it seems I forgot the sword arms were there...

Thanks for the clarification: loving the options for variety!

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 2:11 AM
I posted these to yesterday's Kickstarter update, but here they are as well, for completeness sake... the last of the Athenians! All of the Athens sculpts are now complete!

Theseus completed

First up is Theseus, the king of Athens and slayer of the legendary Minotaur. We've shown Theseus before, but this is the finished version including his shield. The shield shows a stylized image of the Minotaur's head, surrounded by a wave pattern (Theseus is a son of Poseidon.) His armor, as well as that of his bodyguards, was designed to have a slightly more archaic look than the rest of the Athenians.

Herald and Musician

Next we have the Athenian Herald and Musician. The Herald carries a standard showing the Aegis shield of Athena, surmounted by a laurel wreath and owl. The Musician is a simpler model, blowing a horn whose shape mirrors the curl motif used to decorate Athenian armor.

Theseus completed

Last are the Peltast and Archer Captains. These guys lead the 'universal' peltast and archer models, they are intended to look like more wealthy warriors than the peasants and conscripts that they lead.

These greens will be heading to the moldmaker's this week, and we'll be working on their production molds over the course of the next month or so (there are a total of 27 different production molds needed for the Athenians, so it will take a few weeks!). If all goes well, we hope to begin shipping them to Athenian backers around late July (let's keep our fingers crossed!) If you are not an Athenian backer and would like to add them, Paypal Pledging will remain open until production begins. You can find to the Paypal Pledging page here:

https://www.crocodilegames.com/kickstarter.cfm

Next up: Corinthians!

Karameikos
Posted: Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Excellent work, Chris!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 03, 2015 at 7:34 PM
timeframe for paypal pledging? need to get myself sorted for this one.

The starter just isn't enough now

---------------

drunkendwarf
Member: 99
Total Posts: 69
Posted: Thursday, Jun 04, 2015 at 12:03 AM
hazpak said:
timeframe for paypal pledging? need to get myself sorted for this one.

The starter just isn't enough now

Like to kow also; I must start planing my wargame expenses.

DJ

powerfrog99
Posted: Thursday, Jun 04, 2015 at 9:23 AM Edited on 2015-06-04 09:24:12.0
Lovely sculpts again thanks for these Fitz. Now I just need to upgrade my pledge - again

---------------

Hrod
Member: 2339
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Sunday, Jun 07, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Very nice sculpts. I'd like to know too what is the deadline for the Athenians Paypal pledging. "Trojans and Demigods are no longer available through Paypal Pledging " Can the Gates of Troy still be added though? I suppose also that the 8 Demigods are still available but only at the By the Gods or Olympian levels.

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Jun 13, 2015 at 3:45 AM
Still no word on a cutoff date? I have cash here to spend but for various reasons wont be putting it down until i know it will be honoured

---------------

elpasopete
Posted: Saturday, Jun 13, 2015 at 1:14 PM
hazpak said:
Still no word on a cutoff date? I have cash here to spend but for various reasons wont be putting it down until i know it will be honoured
I would email or call them directly. No telling how often Debs checks the forum.

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Hey guys

Sorry for the delay in replying, I don't check the sculpting thread daily unless I have new stuff to show off.

Pledging for the Athenians and Corinthians is still open. I can't give an exact cutoff date, as it depends when the molds are all completed. We've handed all of the sculpts off to our new moldmakers, and as soon as all of the molding is complete we'll announce a cutoff date. I'm hoping to be able to ship the Athenians in July-August, so if you pledge now it will be honored.

Another note - we are soon going to have to raise the cost of the warband pledge levels by $5-$10 each. The reason beacuse the final 2 warbands (Athens and Corinth) have a disproportionally higher weight compared to the Amazons/Trojans because their warriors all have cloaks - thus their metal cost ends up being over 50% more. However, we'll be keeping the price the same until the end of the week, so if you want you get in on the original price, there is still time.

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Here are a couple more Athenian pictures from the last batch that went to the moldmaker.

First are the Athens shield options:

Athens shields

Next, another shot of the Hero. Since his spear arm was going to be a separate piece, I decided to make another arm, to allow 2 weapon options - spear or trident. They'll both be on the same sprue, so each one includes both... pick the one you like!

Athens Hero with Trident

Hope you guys like them!

Asgard2502
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM
The trident hero is wicked!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Jun 19, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Ok - i've upped my pledge for more phalanxes for my athenians and corinthians. No more half measures!

---------------

PaulCG1969
Posted: Friday, Jul 17, 2015 at 7:54 AM
The shields look great. Nicely done.

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Aug 09, 2015 at 9:26 AM
Update?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Aug 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM
I'm in the middle of sculpting the Corinthian warriors, we should have some images worthy of showing off in a week or so.

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Aug 15, 2015 at 9:15 AM
Now that is good news

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 02, 2015 at 12:30 PM
The Corinthians are coming!

The first few Corinthian hoplites have been completed, pictures attached.

These models are a combination of my work and Todd's. Unfortunately, Todd has run into some pressing time conflicts and can not get the rest of the Corinth sculpts finished as fast as we need them, so I've stepped in to complete the unit. Todd made the original bodies (the metal bodies in the photos) and I sculpted the helmets and all the new green/bronze elements.

There are going to be several more variations on these, I made a bunch of parts that can be assembled into different warriors. The Corinthians are rich, and their armor and weapons are meant to be the best that money can buy, so each warrior is intended to look very ornate. Hopefully it is coming across! The next round of sculpts will have more 'gear', such as swords, daggers, and money pouches.

All of the shields shown are from the Corinth mercenary Battle Honor (a unit with warriors with all different shields.) I'll also be doing the Pegasus shield in the next batch, the standard shield for the Corinthians.

Hope you guys like them!

Corinthian Sculpture

Corinth Hoplites

powerfrog99
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 02, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Thanks a lot for these nice pictures and the background info. I was already wondering why all of a sudden you wrote that you are sculpting the Corinthians.

A phalanx with long coats and nice big round shields with different ornaments - great

cheers Thomas

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Sep 02, 2015 at 11:11 PM
Glad we are progressing.. Sad that Chris sculpting Corinthians we slow down other things

---------------

Alcibia
Posted: Thursday, Sep 03, 2015 at 8:31 AM
Every time I see a new sculpt, I find myself wondering how big of a pledge I need to make to get them all. Yes, every time! The level of detail and animation is once again above anything else in the market.

elpasopete
Posted: Thursday, Sep 03, 2015 at 10:12 PM
After waiting 2 years for the Corinthians, I can now look forward to receiving my first model. The wait looks worthwhile.

Guitarheroandy
Member: 2399
Total Posts: 5
Posted: Sunday, Sep 06, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Lovely new Corinthian sculpts! Hopefully the presence of new sculpts means that it won't be too long til the Athenians land with those of us who pledged for them I'm itching to start painting...

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:05 AM
I have to wait til the Corinthians are ready before I get my Athenians

Ps no contact/confirmation as yet about my PayPal pledge increase

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:05 AM
More Corinth bits! The Armor Rack and Casualty. We now have one of these for each Olympus faction, I'll get a photograph of them all together once we get these last ones in metal.

All the armor racks together are going to make a great armory for Hephaestus!

Corinth Armor and Casualty

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Oct 06, 2015 at 8:28 AM
Fantastic as per usual! Well done!

powerfrog99
Posted: Sunday, Oct 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM
It was very quiet here these last weeks, are there no news for us, maybe something like shipping dates for the Athenians?

Thanks

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Oct 30, 2015 at 6:49 PM
I am happy to report that the casting for Athens is complete, and we are wrapping up the packing now.

We'll be sending out the first of the Athens rewards at the beginning of next week. Athens backers should be getting a shipping address confirmation email this weekend.

I've been sneaking in a bit of sculpting too, in between casting and sorting - Bellerophon and his cronies are shaping up, they should be presentable in the next week.

Karameikos
Posted: Saturday, Oct 31, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Glad to hear it, Chris! Looking forward to receiving the Athenians, and seeing the Bellerophon sculpting preview

---------------

Guitarheroandy
Member: 2399
Total Posts: 5
Posted: Thursday, Nov 12, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Just a quick message to say that my Athenians arrived today! Stunning sculpts, amazing models! Everything I hoped and more besides - they look even better than the pictures suggest.

I shall enjoy painting these IMMENSELY!!

powerfrog99
Posted: Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:17 AM
That sounds promising Andy, thanks ;-)

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Friday, Nov 13, 2015 at 6:50 PM
any new previews coming our way?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Nov 15, 2015 at 2:17 PM
hazpak said:
any new previews coming our way?
Sorry for the delay guys, I've been juggling several different jobs the last couple weeks.

The good news is that I'll be posting pics of Bellerophon on Tuesday!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 18, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Here's a couple quick pics at what's on the sculpting table.

Bellerophon is about 85% complete, he still needs his hand, neck, hair, and sword to be finished, and a few other little details polished. These last bits always seem to take longer than expected!

Bellerophon - in progress

The Corinth Captain is nearly finished, he just needs his shield (the one pictured is just a generic Corinth shield) and maybe a bit if sculptural detail on his hip armor plates.

Corinth Captain

I'm also working on the bodyguard, but he's not as presentable, maybe in a few days...

Alcibia
Posted: Wednesday, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Well those are pretty jaw-dropping.

BlazeXI
Posted: Thursday, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:08 PM
Gob-smacked with quality again, Chris.

---------------
BlazeXI

Tjaroy
Posted: Friday, Nov 20, 2015 at 7:47 PM
Looking great Chris. I can not wait to get my pledge.

Tony

---------------

Akori
Posted: Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 12:11 AM
Bellerophon's breastplate is some of the sickest work you've ever done!!!

---------------

fitterpete
Member: 2149
Total Posts: 28
Posted: Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Damn dude! The Athenians and Corinthians are incredible. I'm so glad you ended up doing these Fitz (nothing against your other sculpters) but everyone I show the regular hoplite greens to cannot believe they are just the "normal troopers". They all look like other companies characters. And then your characters are just plain on another level completely. I'm sure your getting tired of having to be the lone wolf sculpting but don't ever stop man. Any delays are going to be well worth the wait! Pete PS you get all this Greek stuff done and I'd love to see your take on Wargods Assyrians and Babylonians

Perseus
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 01, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Really love the Corinthians... really happy I picked them and the Amazons even if it will mean waiting a few more months!

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Dec 19, 2015 at 7:08 AM
So what's new?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jan 04, 2016 at 5:28 PM
hazpak said:
So what's new?
We're back from the holidays, I'm working on a general progress update to go up this week. New putty has arrived as well (I've been out the last 2 weeks, but it was OK as I needed to wear the 'writer hat' to finish up the Athens rules stuff anyway.)

Bellerophon is now completely finished too, better pics coming.

GarethPannan
Posted: Sunday, Jan 10, 2016 at 5:34 AM
Looking real good - as per usual! : ) Any news on whats happening next in your list of things to do - Don't mind waiting but just wondering about the book. Also, would love to see maybe a digital book of all of your wonderful artwork - from all of your books. Just an idea. Great stuff mr Croc & co.

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 20, 2016 at 5:48 PM
GarethPannan said:
Looking real good - as per usual! : ) Any news on whats happening next in your list of things to do - Don't mind waiting but just wondering about the book. Also, would love to see maybe a digital book of all of your wonderful artwork - from all of your books. Just an idea. Great stuff mr Croc & co.
This month has been entirely work on the book, so far. I just completed 3 of the last 5 Specialists for the game - slowly getting there! Olympus has a lot more character options than Aegyptus, and making them all interesting, balanced, and fun to play has been an adventure! I may post one of these (Thaumaturge) here on the forums to get some player feedback.

We'd love to do an art book someday, but have to get all this done first! :)

Mordante
Member: 1205
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM
That is great to hear. I was getting very discouraged, since the only thing I ordered was the book, and it is well over a year late. I wanted to wait for the book before I decided what model faction to buy. Unfortunately, it has taken so long that all of the local regulars have moved on to other games. I was hoping with the death of Warhammer to pull some of the Warhammer refugees to Wargods, but without something new and shiny to show them in terms of a game or minis they can just go buy at the store, that ship has sailed. I've moved on to Kings of War, and certainly will end up using my Wargods models in that game, but hope to come back to Wargods when the new book comes out to give it a go. Please keep chugging away on the book. Any idea when the ETA for a finished product will be?

GarethPannan
Posted: Thursday, Jan 28, 2016 at 5:53 AM
Thanks for the update Chris! You guys are certainly very busy but doing a great job! I would get a digital art book from you guys, whenever you got round to it! : )

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:44 PM
Sorry for the delay, guys. I've been writing as well as sculpting this month, and it has been exhausting trying to juggle multiple duties. My apologies!

Just posted a general progress report on the Kickstarter Updates page, you can see it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game/posts/1479541

New (finished & better) pics of Bellerophon, as well as the Corinth Hero and Captain too:

King Bellerophon

Corinth Hero

Corinth Captain

Ares
Legbreaker
Posted: Monday, Feb 01, 2016 at 12:00 AM
Ooh spiffy as usual! I would love to paint these up, what with my bum leg and brain and all.

Perseus
Posted: Tuesday, Feb 09, 2016 at 5:55 AM
One thing dawned on me with the last update on KS... the last items will probably be sculpted around the end of this year, going out sometime early 2017. I decided to have it all shipped in one go, if I remember correctly well over 600 USD.

So this means that I will get my stuff sometime 3 ½+ years after pledging. I think I can honestly say, that Fitz, Debs and Crocodile Games are probably the only people on Kickstarter I would trust for this long with my money. I think in addition to the great quality of your products, this really is something you can be proud off!

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Feb 16, 2016 at 5:14 AM
Hear Hear!!!

BlazeXI
Posted: Wednesday, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:50 PM
There are a few threads on Facebook gaming groups now, where people are fed up with Kickstarters. I have not encountered bad comments on Croc. I agree with you Preseus. I did get my minis, though. And yes, they are stunning. I wish I could pledge more, but cannot justify ordering more before I paint something myself (mate painted my amazons for me). Now I should paint Spartans than Trojans then I will purchase more minis.

---------------
BlazeXI

fitterpete
Posted: Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:59 PM
Hey Fitz I sent a email about paying to get my Athenians shipped now instead of waiting for the Corinthians.All my other Wargods stuff is painted, I need something to paint! LOL

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 10:23 AM
Hey guys - Perseus, Garth, Blaze - thanks so much for the vocal support, we really appreciate it!

I don't have a lot to show on the miniature front - about a month ago I agitated a nerve in my right elbow, which has caused my little finger and ring finger on my right hand to go numb (like when you hit your 'funny bone'.) My doctor told me to try to keep it straight and not bend it much, so there has not been much sculpting progress this last month.

The good news is that it is getting better, now it is just a minor tingle rather than full-on numbness, so I'm hoping to be back at the sculpting table in a week or 2. Fingers crossed!

It has not been time lost though, as I've spent the last month working on the book (which needed the attention anyway!) Great progress on that front - I've got a couple of our regular players looking over the latest rules, and plan to start making a few of these sections available to backers before the end of the month. This way, we'll hopefully be able to find any errors/discrepancies before we finalize the text for printing.

elpasopete
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 8:35 PM
Hope you get to 100 percent soon Chris! I am looking forward to the Athens faction PDF.

Perseus
Posted: Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the numbness, but I am glad it is getting better!

Take good care of yourself,

Burkhard

---------------

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 15, 2016 at 3:24 AM
Back sculpting yet? Anything to release to us yet?

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:22 AM
I hope your feeling better sir and glad you still managed to get some more stuff done on the book! We'll done! : )

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Mar 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM
I've been back to sculpting the last week and a half. My hand is not quite back yet, but it is not as bad as it was - I've been doing some stretching exercises, hopefully they'll pay off eventually. I can work for a while, so long as I don't rest my elbow on the desk or chair (yeah, it was awkward to get used to!)

I'll have some pics tomorrow of some more Corinth hoplite poses, getting ready for a bigger update at the end of the month.

Dreadaxe
Member: 38
Total Posts: 1036
Posted: Thursday, Mar 31, 2016 at 9:31 AM Edited on 2016-03-31 09:39:04.0
Osiris said:
I've been back to sculpting the last week and a half. My hand is not quite back yet, but it is not as bad as it was - I've been doing some stretching exercises, hopefully they'll pay off eventually. I can work for a while, so long as I don't rest my elbow on the desk or chair (yeah, it was awkward to get used to!)

I'll have some pics tomorrow of some more Corinth hoplite poses, getting ready for a bigger update at the end of the month.

Excellent news!

Osiris said wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 10:23 AM:
It has not been time lost though, as I've spent the last month working on the book (which needed the attention anyway!) Great progress on that front - I've got a couple of our regular players looking over the latest rules, and plan to start making a few of these sections available to backers before the end of the month. This way, we'll hopefully be able to find any errors/discrepancies before we finalize the text for printing.
Excellent too. If you want help you have my email!

---------------
Dreadaxe
WarGods_Fr : Y!G | Blog | Photo Gallery
Map player locator T³

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Apr 01, 2016 at 7:51 PM Edited on 2016-04-01 19:53:28.0
OK, so trying to sculpt the last couple weeks, I was messing around with some 'large' items, as it was hard to do fine detail. So I was playing with some Titan head variants to get back into shape. They were actually a pretty good exercise, as the detail was big and chunky. Here they are... the pics make them look bigger than they are, these are sized for Titan Masters.

Titan Heads

Also have some more poses of Corinthians, will put this up in a few minutes.

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Apr 01, 2016 at 9:12 PM
Here are some new poses for the Corinth unit, the top 2 are front rank and the bottom are rear and middle.

Just the Herald, Musician, and Honor Guards left for Corinth!

Corinth Hoplite poses 2

Wolf
Posted: Friday, Apr 01, 2016 at 10:31 PM
Love those, especially the cyclopean Titan head!

---------------

GarethPannan
Posted: Saturday, Apr 02, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Beautifull work again (if you can call scary titan heads beautiful!). Later on I can see myself getting some of those Corinth guys - money permitting. You seem to be able to manage to get the look of heroic and realistic all at once!! I don't think I know any other sculptor that can do that quite like you! Well done! : )

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Apr 03, 2016 at 12:31 AM
So want the Titan heads now that I've seen them.

---------------

SlowLoris
Member: 603
Total Posts: 306
Posted: Monday, Apr 04, 2016 at 4:35 AM
Glad to hear the hand is on the mend Chris. Titans look awesome, the Cyclopean head is wonderfully aquatic, although I think I prefer the head on the left, bags of character. Corinthians continue to shape up beautifully. Also pleased to hear you've devoted time to the book, are we still on for a Summer release?

Cheers

Stu

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2016 at 7:46 PM
you should practice more on titan conversion bits

---------------

BlazeXI
Posted: Wednesday, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:40 PM
Great to hear your hand is getting better. The cyclopean titan master head is indeed fantastic. It just has to be released. Maybe, for the limited master should you be doing a starter set.

---------------
BlazeXI

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 9:02 PM
FInished Corinth yet? ;)

---------------

elpasopete
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 at 5:55 PM
Any updates Fitz? It's been 6 weeks since we last heard from you.

fitterpete
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Think the Corinthians will be ready by Historicon?

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 9:01 PM
Update! Update! Update!

---------------

Dreadaxe
Member: 38
Total Posts: 1036
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 07, 2016 at 10:04 AM
hazpak said:
Update! Update! Update!
Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update!

---------------
Dreadaxe
WarGods_Fr : Y!G | Blog | Photo Gallery
Map player locator T³

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 08, 2016 at 11:36 AM
Hey gang,

So sorry for the lack of recent updates, it has been a frustrating couple months. I've been to the doctor regarding the numbness in my hand, and though it has gotten a little better from when it started, it has not gone away. The doc says I have an inflamed 'ulnar nerve' that runs through my elbow, and that basically controls my little and ring finger. Though I don't really use these fingers to hold my sculpting tool, they do brace my hand against the other hand (to keep the mini and the tool steady), and it has made sculpting very uncomfortable after an hour or so. I'm pressing on with it, no longer resting my elbow on the table or chair arm (that's what we think caused the initial agitation), so it is not getting worse, but it looks like I may need surgery to move the nerve before it gets anywhere back to normal.

Progress on the minis has been a lot slower than I would like, but here is a pic of the figures currently on the sculpting table, these are 2 of the last 4 Corinth models. The Honor Guard will have a different shield, and will have some sort of decorations on his spear, possibly ribbons, and the Musician still has to have his horn added. Hoping to gave these wrapped up this weekend for Monday or Tuesday I'll post an updated pic then with the final embellishments.

Corinth In Progress Greens

SlowLoris
Member: 603
Total Posts: 306
Posted: Thursday, Jun 09, 2016 at 4:19 AM Edited on 2016-06-09 04:21:02.0
Greetings All

Thanks for the update.

These look great as ever, particularly like the Honour Guard's helmet crest. I'm guessing the last two minis are the other Honour Guard and the Herald? How is the book progressing?

Hope the changes you've made aid your recovery Chris and that you don't end up needing surgery.

Cheers

Stu

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy