Board » Hyperborea

Posted By Topic » Got the Wendigo Book in the mail!
Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Group: Site Member
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Saturday, Dec 04, 2010 at 6:50 PM
I got my Wendigo book in the mail today, and it looks fantastic! Spectacular colors and artwork, great layout, and of course the rules (rules, pshaw! I need not rules!). I love the look of the new command counters, and I can't wait to see the Frost Maiden unit when it arrives.

One question, though - how does one pronounce "Kriyscia"?

-Alex

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Saturday, Dec 04, 2010 at 8:43 PM
Alxbates said:
I got my Wendigo book in the mail today, and it looks fantastic! Spectacular colors and artwork, great layout, and of course the rules (rules, pshaw! I need not rules!). I love the look of the new command counters, and I can't wait to see the Frost Maiden unit when it arrives.

One question, though - how does one pronounce "Kriyscia"?

-Alex

I pronounce it "Cry-SEE-ah", but whatever works for you. We should ask Ryan, he made up that one!

Glad to hear your book is in it's rightful place in snowy Alaska!

Dreadaxe
Member: 38
Total Posts: 1036
Posted: Sunday, Dec 05, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Book is arrive to France... Little damaged but it's ok...

---------------
Dreadaxe
WarGods_Fr : Y!G | Blog | Photo Gallery
Map player locator T³

Anubis
Writer
Member: 9
Total Posts: 1044
Posted: Sunday, Dec 12, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Osiris said:
I pronounce it "Cry-SEE-ah", but whatever works for you. We should ask Ryan, he made up that one!
As Chris said, whatever works for you! I was trying for something slightly alien and unfamiliar, and I wanted it to be brittle and cold-sounding, while still remaining undeniably feminine. At the risk of sounding a little bit pretentious and self-satisfied, I think what we ended up with was perfect for the character -- a collection of sounds reminiscent of an icicle breaking away and dropping into a frozen drift of snow. To top it off, It even looks a little bit serpentine on the page, which I thought went well with Des' spiral runic motif throughout the book.

In my mind, the stress is on the first syllable, which is pronounced somewhere between "kree" and "kray". The second starts off with a soft, sliding sort of "shh" sound with just a hint of a buzz in it -- similar to the French "j" sound, or the soft Italian "g".

I guess the name (again, in my mind) would break down phonetically kind of like this: KREY-szhe-ah. Hope that helps!

Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Anubis said:
Osiris said:
As Chris said, whatever works for you! I was trying for something slightly alien and unfamiliar, and I wanted it to be brittle and cold-sounding, while still remaining undeniably feminine. At the risk of sounding a little bit pretentious and self-satisfied, I think what we ended up with was perfect for the character -- a collection of sounds reminiscent of an icicle breaking away and dropping into a frozen drift of snow. To top it off, It even looks a little bit serpentine on the page, which I thought went well with Des' spiral runic motif throughout the book.

In my mind, the stress is on the first syllable, which is pronounced somewhere between "kree" and "kray". The second starts off with a soft, sliding sort of "shh" sound with just a hint of a buzz in it -- similar to the French "j" sound, or the soft Italian "g".

I guess the name (again, in my mind) would break down phonetically kind of like this: KREY-szhe-ah. Hope that helps!

Well, sir, you succeeded. It's a good name, and it evokes the imagery you describe.

Thanks for the phonetic assistance!

chopa
Member: 89
Total Posts: 76
Posted: Friday, Dec 31, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Love love love the new book, I'm a sucker for blues and this book is so pretty. Now I need to expand my wendigo to a fieldable force. (I wanna ask though are there gonna be allies for the wendigo when Hyperboria proper comes around? Or are they more of an Eater or Titan type force?)

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Friday, Dec 31, 2010 at 9:17 AM
The Wendigo are definitely a force like the Eater of the Dead and the Titans -- they are the bad guys, and would just as soon eat human allies as look at them!

However, that's not saying there won't ever be new additions to the force, we'll add stuff as inspiration strikes...

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy