Board » Kickstarter News

Posted By Topic » Goal Achieved - Thank You!
Hecate
Croc Administration
Group: Administrator
Member: 559
Total Posts: 355
Posted: Sunday, Jun 02, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Good morning everyone - we woke up to see that we made it to our goal in a little over 24 hours! Thanks to all of our backers for the support, pledges and help spreading the word!

Now we can get to the really fun part - we've raised enough money to print the book and produce the Trojans and the Demigods. What is next??? We're now going to expand our goals to produce new factions and more miniatures. If we can reach some of these new 'Stretch Goals" we can make our reward levels even BETTER!

So without much further ado -- we are happy to reveal....the Amazons!

Facebook Banner Ad
Amazon art by Des Hanley.

The Amazons are the legendary women warriors of northern Hellas. They are allies to the Trojans, and bitter enemies of the most other city-states. We've designed our amazons to look dangerous - these are not cheesecake pinup girls, but deadly, cruel warriors who mean business!

The Amazon warband will be unlocked when we get the $35,000 funding level - we'll be posting more photos of concept art and miniatures then. We are very excited, and we hope you are too!

Please continue to spread the word and help us make this kickstarter an even bigger success!

Alcibia
Group: Site Member
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Sunday, Jun 02, 2013 at 7:27 AM
are the Amazons going to be, or include, cavalry?

Hecate
Croc Administration
Member: 559
Total Posts: 355
Posted: Sunday, Jun 02, 2013 at 7:54 AM
The first wave of Amazons is an advanced scout party on foot, the second wave will include horses if we can get that far!

The idea would be to start with the basics and then move on with special troops once the basics get funded.

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Sunday, Jun 02, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Any chance of a hard cover rule book stretch goal?

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1666
Posted: Sunday, Jun 02, 2013 at 5:40 PM
hazpak said:
Any chance of a hard cover rule book stretch goal?
Anything is possible, it really depends on how far we get. Hardcover books would have to be shipped in a box, which means we'd be taking a bath on all the 'just a book' orders, as the shipping is based on a flat-rate envelope. That being said, I love to be able to smite my enemies with a hardcover book -- keeping my fingers crossed we'll keep going up!

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Sunday, Jun 02, 2013 at 5:44 PM
With the success of this campaign so far here is to hoping for Vikings, Atlantis, and an Hyperborea expansion in the relatively near future. It might take a few years but I think if the Amazons look anything like the concept art you guys have a huge winner on your hands.

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Sunday, Jun 02, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Congratulations on the funding, I'm saving my money to work out what I can be getting for the kickstarter, so will be a late backer, but hopefully that will allow me to back more money into it :)

Mordante
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Sunday, Jun 02, 2013 at 9:49 PM Edited on 2013-06-02 22:04:53.0
Please take this in the spirit in which it is offered - trying only to make this kickstarter more successful... Is there some strategy behind stretch goals I just do not understand? Why would you wait to put the pictures of the Amazon models up AFTER the stretch goal has been reached? That makes no sense. If the pictures are available wouldn't it be better to show more people the photos to convince them to contribute? If I came to the site really hoping to see the Amazons, why would I add money BEFORE I saw what they look like? I'm really confused about this one. Chris, can you explain the reason you went this route?

Also, today at the game store, Tony and I were telling everyone about the kickstarter, (lots of fantasy players there on Sundays), and I got the comment from a few players that the backer levels were pretty high, with having to put in $160 before being able to get any stretch goals. I hope those strech goal bonuses account for that.

Thanks and continued good luck.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 3:27 AM
In the same vein would it not be ideal to give the option of adding an extra warband of choice as an addon (with extra postage costs for international of course due to weight) now so that when the amazons roll around we can grab that as our warband or switch totally for the amazons and take a trojan warband as an extra.

This is the risk we as backers take at this point. Do we jump and pledge for it now or wait til its funded relying on others to up the total. I may end up with a extra warband that can't be amazons if we don't get there (well it could happen...) but thats the risk if i decide to opt in.

anyway thats my 2 cents on the subject

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Mordante said:
Please take this in the spirit in which it is offered - trying only to make this kickstarter more successful... Is there some strategy behind stretch goals I just do not understand? Why would you wait to put the pictures of the Amazon models up AFTER the stretch goal has been reached? That makes no sense. If the pictures are available wouldn't it be better to show more people the photos to convince them to contribute? If I came to the site really hoping to see the Amazons, why would I add money BEFORE I saw what they look like? I'm really confused about this one. Chris, can you explain the reason you went this route?

Also, today at the game store, Tony and I were telling everyone about the kickstarter, (lots of fantasy players there on Sundays), and I got the comment from a few players that the backer levels were pretty high, with having to put in $160 before being able to get any stretch goals. I hope those strech goal bonuses account for that.

Thanks and continued good luck.

Hey Mordante, no problem, I welcome constructive criticism, it's those mean-spirited guys that get my dander up!

I didn't put up any Amazon images yet, as I was concerned it would cause confusion that they were already available. But I see your point, and I'll get some images added asap.

I'm not sure what to say for guys who want stretch goals at a lower price -- the $160 gets a player the book and a basic warband, any less than that and they'd have a hard time playing the game. Hopefully we'll be able to unlock a lot of them, to make the deal better for everyone who gets in at that level or higher. We have some cool ones planned!

Most other mini Kickstarters seem to have a stretch goal entry-level between $100-150 -- real difference with ours is that backers are getting a 250+ page book as well as the miniatures, which is a big cost for us, and in my opinion - pretty darned cool. The upcoming strech goal minis are just going to make the whole package even better!

Thanks for the comments!

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 6:14 AM
hazpak said:
In the same vein would it not be ideal to give the option of adding an extra warband of choice as an addon (with extra postage costs for international of course due to weight) now so that when the amazons roll around we can grab that as our warband or switch totally for the amazons and take a trojan warband as an extra.

This is the risk we as backers take at this point. Do we jump and pledge for it now or wait til its funded relying on others to up the total. I may end up with a extra warband that can't be amazons if we don't get there (well it could happen...) but thats the risk if i decide to opt in.

No problem, we'll make an Add-On option for an additional warband, and put it up when the Amazons get unlocked.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Osiris said:
hazpak said:

No problem, we'll make an Add-On option for an additional warband, and put it up when the Amazons get unlocked.
I was trying to say that if you made it an option before amazons get funded I would put it in my pledge in preparation of it being funded bringing us that little step closer to be funded. But I reckon by the time I get in the morning it will be funded anyway :D (fingers crossed)

Even rereading my post I don't think I made it that clear it was the point I was trying to make.

---------------

Alcibia
Posted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 8:07 AM
General Kickstarter questions (I am new to this whole thing), now, I have already pledged at the army level and now need to add an Amazon warband (even though they are not cavalry), do I "manage" my current pledge or do I create a whole new pledge? Second, now that the Demi Gods and the Trojans are funded, once they are cast - will they be added to the Croc store or do I have to keep adding to my pledge so I can get them at all?

Thanks Barry

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 8:34 AM
OK guys -- I added some Amazon pics, hope you like them!

Gotta run over to our mold-maker's, I'll be back online in a few hours!

Apollyon
Member: 1896
Total Posts: 12
Posted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 3:29 PM Edited on 2013-06-03 15:29:38.0
Congrats on funding the kickstarter in just 2 days, glad I could help and am very much looking forward to my copy of Wargods of Olympus.

I like the sculpts of the amazons, and would like to see some concept artwork for them. Who will be the mythological hero in the amazon starter set? The only named amazon I can think of is Hippolata (not sure I've spelt that right). Will the amazon archers have only one breast as is depicted in the mythology?

I was hoping to get the Demigod of Hephaestus, will I be able to get it as additional add-on once the kickstarter has finished? (I did the same thing on the Helldorado kickstarter)

-----------------------------------------------

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another." Plato "No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle "He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dread fray." - Homer , The Iliad

Alcibia
Posted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 4:28 PM
This mistaken idea that the Amazons mutilated themselves in order to handle weapons was a story created in the middle ages. They tried to translate 'amazon' by using greek rather than using scythian or iranian which would have been a better source. Amazon means warrior or man-slayer, not 'without a breast" there are NO references in art or ancient literature to support the idea of this mutilation. a popular micconception that has gotten pretty accepted over the years.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy