Board » Kickstarter News

Posted By Topic » The WarGods Kickstarter is LIVE!
Oceanborn
Group: Site Member
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 4:36 PM Edited on 2013-06-07 16:39:26.0
but with a whole range of warrior women coming out, surely it will be possible to convert an armoured Artemis out of something

That said, I wouldn't have a problem with someone fielding that figure and having the armour explained as a 'dodge' ability

Zebb
Member: 1928
Total Posts: 19
Posted: Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 5:13 PM Edited on 2013-06-07 17:40:13.0
With the Spartan Army deal not gone I was wondering if it is possible to state a few extra things about it. Models are a bit old, the oldest in the game IIRC. Will they be newly painted, will they include all models already released, does it include the Limited Edition Tychedes II, will the the new Gods of Sparta be included, etc?

Is there anything extra that will make that $2000 jump more attractive? I would assume you would want it to be sold off, and what would make it more attractive except for old models and a new (?) paint job?

I am not considering getting it, I might get something else in that price range though. But what would make it more interesting for someone else?

I just want this campaign to succeed as much as possible, and spitting out ideas, and questions to try to help - not to mess things up. But when there is "only" 1 out of 4 Army deals left, when it was previously gone it will have to make you think a little bit.

On a second note, I love the new Artemis (the goddess I have always felt closer to as a hunter myself), absolutely stunning model! I can not wait to hold it in my hand, I do fear that my painting skills is not up to the standards I would like though....!

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1666
Posted: Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 6:19 PM Edited on 2013-06-07 18:20:19.0
Zebb said:
With the Spartan Army deal not gone I was wondering if it is possible to state a few extra things about it. Models are a bit old, the oldest in the game IIRC. Will they be newly painted, will they include all models already released, does it include the Limited Edition Tychedes II, will the the new Gods of Sparta be included, etc?

Is there anything extra that will make that $2000 jump more attractive? I would assume you would want it to be sold off, and what would make it more attractive except for old models and a new (?) paint job?

I am not considering getting it, I might get something else in that price range though. But what would make it more interesting for someone else?

I just want this campaign to succeed as much as possible, and spitting out ideas, and questions to try to help - not to mess things up. But when there is "only" 1 out of 4 Army deals left, when it was previously gone it will have to make you think a little bit.

On a second note, I love the new Artemis (the goddess I have always felt closer to as a hunter myself), absolutely stunning model! I can not wait to hold it in my hand, I do fear that my painting skills is not up to the standards I would like though....!

Thanks for the questions Zeb!

The King of Sparta deal will have all newly-painted models, they won't be the ones on the Croc store. It does include Tychedes, he's in the Warband starter set which is included.

The King deals have actually been really popular, all the other sold in a matter of hours -- I'm pretty sure the King of Sparta reward will find the right owner before the project is done (I mean, it's the Spartans! For Spartaaa!)

Glad you like the new Artemis, don't sweat the painting, I do all my sculptures with nice raised details to help with the painting.

I gotta go post an update, back in a couple hours with something cool!

Oceanborn
Posted: Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 7:13 PM
BTW, I have to say a big THANKS to Croc Games for being clear about when each unlocked faction will be available. You may want to add something to the FAQ concerning when the miniatures will be on retail sale so that people can understand that if they elect not to split shipments then the miniatures will be on sale before they receive theirs.

Hecate
Croc Administration
Member: 559
Total Posts: 355
Posted: Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Oceanborn said:
BTW, I have to say a big THANKS to Croc Games for being clear about when each unlocked faction will be available. You may want to add something to the FAQ concerning when the miniatures will be on retail sale so that people can understand that if they elect not to split shipments then the miniatures will be on sale before they receive theirs.
You are very welcome! We're doing our best to make the program crystal-clear.

Let me clarify the shipping dates... we have a shipping date of September for Trojans, October for Amazons, July 2014 for the book and later miniatures - those are ship dates for our backers. Only after the backer's stuff is all fulfilled, will we be launching the retail range. So folks who don't back the project will have to wait until after July 2014 to get any of the stuff in the program - we'll start releasing the stuff on a monthly basis after the book is out. You guys will all have painted armies by then!

Up until July next year, we're going to be busy as bees making all these miniatures, painting the armies, and putting the last touches on the books!

So don't worry, if you back the kickstarter, you will get your miniatures and books before everyone else does.

We will try and get this added to the FAQ, thanks for bringing this up Oceanborn!

Oceanborn
Posted: Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Thanks for the clarification

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Whew! After that last upload to the Kickstarter site, I could use a drink!

Zebb
Member: 1928
Total Posts: 19
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 1:22 AM Edited on 2013-06-08 01:23:25.0
With all the talk about Aphrodite in the Corinthians texts....? (is there a new model somewhere, that we don't know about yet???)

Pakhet
Member: 162
Total Posts: 129
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Thanks for Dionysus :-)

any chance you modeled him off Brian Blessed?

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Shhhh copyright ;)

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 4:59 AM
I will have to run a warband of Dionysus... the combo of an ENORMOUS HAM and Maenads?

How can you possibly go wrong!

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Yikes! if I read Hecate's post correctly, everything in the Kickstarter will disappear after the launch until next July!?! If that is true, I need to see the rest of the miniatures, I am going to have to up my pledge (again) so I do not miss something I simply cannot wait for. How long before we see the rest of the amazons (archers and peltasts) what about the Mycenaean peltasts? Will they be new and will we see them soon? I think I need to add some additional units to my pledge but since I am already so deep into this - I really need to assess critically before I can continue to up my pledge.

Barry

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 8:35 AM Edited on 2013-06-08 08:43:33.0
Alcibia said:
Yikes! if I read Hecate's post correctly, everything in the Kickstarter will disappear after the launch until next July!?! If that is true, I need to see the rest of the miniatures, I am going to have to up my pledge (again) so I do not miss something I simply cannot wait for. How long before we see the rest of the amazons (archers and peltasts) what about the Mycenaean peltasts? Will they be new and will we see them soon? I think I need to add some additional units to my pledge but since I am already so deep into this - I really need to assess critically before I can continue to up my pledge.

Barry

I wouldn't say 'disappear', but after the program is over we'll have to put all this stuff in production. We have about a year's worth of stuff that's a part of the program, and it will all have to be molded, masters cleaned, cast, and packed - all along with working on the book. So once the program wraps we'll be concentrating on delivering everything we promised.

We're not likely to be showing off the Mycenaean Peltasts until after the program, as they are conversions of the Trojan Peltasts, and those have only just come back from our moldmaker. We might show off some more concepts of Amazons in a few days...

Alcibia
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Thanks Chris, so it is possible that say the Trojans and amazons may hit the store earlier than next July. yes?

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Alcibia said:
Thanks Chris, so it is possible that say the Trojans and amazons may hit the store earlier than next July. yes?
Anything is possible, but it would probably be a better idea to release them to retail once the book is available. Right now I'd assume that they won't make it to the Croc store/retail until the book gets here, just to be safe.

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Had to up my pledge from 'By the Gods' to 'Olympian' just because....

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Tjaroy
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Alcibia said:
Tony, OK, that is cool, but why? What do yuo think we will see from Corinth that is not available in the Spartan or Mycenaean mix? is it the style that appeals? Just curious, thanks.
Well I wanted the Corinth because of the Nobles riding Winged horses.

Flying Pegaus knights will be very cool to play with.

Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

Alcibia
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Tony, agreed, I was not aware of the flying horses and the cool appearance of the hoplite. they look pretty great.

redben
Member: 1930
Total Posts: 54
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Tjaroy said:
Alcibia said:
Tony, OK, that is cool, but why? What do yuo think we will see from Corinth that is not available in the Spartan or Mycenaean mix? is it the style that appeals? Just curious, thanks.
Well I wanted the Corinth because of the Nobles riding Winged horses.

Flying Pegaus knights will be very cool to play with.

Tony

There's only one Pegasos, anything else is just a winged horse. Bit of a pet hate of mine lol :p

Pakhet
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Question about further orders coming up. Nebeseni and ordered separately (but really together) me for demigod pack, and Nebseni for the Army pack x2. This means we get 3 rules books (when really we just want one book each. We were going to get Trojans and Amazons.

Now my understanding is only one one reward level per backer? so this mean one person cannot say a "Council of the Gods" pack" and an "Army" pack. It would also mean that if someone picks the Army pack, they cannot get another Army pack. Have I understood correctly?

So my question is more, *when* we get to Corinthians, if we want another army, will there also be an add on for another army? We would consider getting the three, and if the Athenians come out, then getting the four. How would this work of we can only get the one reward level? Also, we really don't need any more rulebooks, so could we get an army pack without another book?

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Pakhet said:
Question about further orders coming up. Nebeseni and ordered separately (but really together) me for demigod pack, and Nebseni for the Army pack x2. This means we get 3 rules books (when really we just want one book each. We were going to get Trojans and Amazons.

Now my understanding is only one one reward level per backer? so this mean one person cannot say a "Council of the Gods" pack" and an "Army" pack. It would also mean that if someone picks the Army pack, they cannot get another Army pack. Have I understood correctly?

So my question is more, *when* we get to Corinthians, if we want another army, will there also be an add on for another army? We would consider getting the three, and if the Athenians come out, then getting the four. How would this work of we can only get the one reward level? Also, we really don't need any more rulebooks, so could we get an army pack without another book?

If you want to get an extra army or faction added to your existing reward level, you just need to add the cost of them to your total pledge level, and we'll add it to your reward. Right now the add-ons are just by unit, so if you wanted a whole army you'd just have to specify each unit specifically when you did your survey at the end.

You are right, Kickstarter is only set up for 1 reward per backer. We can make more rewards with extra armies, and will if there is a demand for them, the worry is just making the program hard to navigate because of too many options. If you guys want us to make an Army x3 deal (or whatever assortment you were after) just let us know, and we can figure out the easiest way to work it out. It's no problem!

We were already considering an 'Alliance' reward, which would be 1 book and 2 armies, if there is a demand we can add it.

Pakhet
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 1:05 AM
please add it!

We would likely change our backer to that as it would cut out the extra book. There might be many others, who would like two armies as well (if not three or four), I think it would be a good option.

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 1:41 AM Edited on 2013-06-09 01:42:01.0
I would demand that level :) yes yes I would

I could replace the book with an archer unit :)

---------------

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 1:55 AM Edited on 2013-06-09 01:57:33.0
I just realized I have question about the Army level pledge and units outside of the warband starter. Not sure it's been asked yet: do the additional units have to be the same city as the warband or can it be mix and match?

For example if I really want the Amazon Warband starter and then Trojans for one of the additional phalanxes (or some other variation). Is that sort of mix possible?

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 5:49 AM
In a word yes! It's mentioned somewhere on the kickstarter

---------------

Alcibia
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 9:35 AM
New to Kickstarter, so a question. I have upped my original pledge once and plan to add a few more units shortly, now, when all is said and done, will I get to basically determine where the money goes? For example, I pledged at army level, and then added a warband so the total rose by that amount but my pledge now says I am at warband level, the dollar amount is correct but I am just curious about the distribution of funds when the time comes.

Hecate
Croc Administration
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Alcibia said:
New to Kickstarter, so a question. I have upped my original pledge once and plan to add a few more units shortly, now, when all is said and done, will I get to basically determine where the money goes? For example, I pledged at army level, and then added a warband so the total rose by that amount but my pledge now says I am at warband level, the dollar amount is correct but I am just curious about the distribution of funds when the time comes.
The way Kickstarter is set up, it only allows a backer to pick one reward. When you selected the Warband level, you actually changed your reward from Army to Warband level (a lower reward).

What you want to do is just switch your reward back to Army (since that was the biggest one that covers what you want) and make sure that the total dollar value of your pledge level is enough to cover any Add-Ons you picked out.

For example, your army is $280, and say you wanted to add another Starter Set ($75) and Peltast Unit ($36). You choose the Army reward, and in the dollar amount you increase the total $$ by the total for all the Add-Ons you want - in this case $111 - so the total pledged would be $391 ($280+$75+$36=$391). You would enter $391 in the 'Manage Your Pledge' section, and then check out through Amazon.

Remember, Kickstarter does not charge your account until the end of the program, so any change you make is just telling Kickstarter that you have revised the amount to charge at the end.

Once the program is over, we send out a survey that you fill out, and that's when you can tell us what specific Add-Ons you chose, as well as other specifics like shields for you units, what name in the book, etc.

Please let me know if any of this doesn't make sense...

BlazeXI
Member: 816
Total Posts: 118
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 10:41 AM
@Alcibia: you can always change the the pledge say from skirmisher to Army (just click on the manage your pledge and click the bullet at pledge level that interests you) calculate the sum of pledge, shipping ad add ons and insert the total in the pledge value filed. When I was doing Reaper kickstarter I did change the pledge total several times....

Speaking of add ons, maybe a complete set of Demigods might be a good option. I am tron between the two usd400 pledges (two warbands or an army with demigods) and this add on wold make it an easy choice for me. Well that and the possibility to trade in one of the Olympus rulebooks for the new Aegyptus one.

---------------
BlazeXI

Alcibia
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 10:55 AM
thanks everyone for the info. appreciate your time.

Dreadaxe
Member: 38
Total Posts: 1036
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Maybe it's possible to delete the Painter x2 and x3. Painter with add-on do the same thing.

---------------
Dreadaxe
WarGods_Fr : Y!G | Blog | Photo Gallery
Map player locator T³

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Map updated to Troy!

tchuck
Member: 1933
Total Posts: 1
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I have an idea that could be done to include people, interested in WoAe and WoH, in the kickstarter. Until the end of the kickstarter campaign, X% of all sale on the croc online store would contribute to reaching stretch goal. You could also reward those that buy from the store with a pdf of the rulebook (whichever you feel appropriate

keep up the nice sculpt and concept art.

Are the automatons a unit only available to demigod of Hephaestus? Like satyrs can only be taken by demigods Artemis and Dionysus.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't know if we could link the site and Kickstarter in that way.

If you have friends who are on the fence because they want Aegyptus or Hyperborea, have them email us. Those factions are not a part of the program, but if someone really wanted to swap equal value for one of the reward levels, we might be able to arrange it.

Yes, Automatons are creations that can be used in a warband lead by a Demigod of Hephaestus. Some of the Demigods enable you to include mythic units for your warband.

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Sunday, Jun 09, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Automatons, yes please!

Let's see, I'll take the Owl, Talos (A giant sculpted out of bronze), and Khalkotauroi (a pair of fire-breathing bulls). That Bear rendition in the old Olympus playtests book will do too!

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Alcibia
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Will we see a Trojan stat line (like we did for the Amazons and Corinthians) before September?

Alcibia
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Oh, and another thing. What happens to the miniatures planned further out - like the next wave of Trojans if we do not hit that qualifier by the end of this month? I, for example, cannot up my pledge a fourth time without risking my happy home, but after my Trojans and Amazons arrive I would be ready for another pledge - but the current kickstarter program would be over by then. Do I panic? Sell my car? Get a second Martgage? Cash in my investments? Or should I just settle down and see what happens next?

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Looking over the Amazon pdf I was wondering, are Amazons going to have chariots or does their cavalry supplant chariots? I may be reading too much into the line about chariots and carts but it just made me curious.

Akori
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM
If I were to guess I'd say no. Fluff specifically points out they want the horses to be free and ride them w/o bit or bridle. A yolk would be in that same category.

---------------

Anstpuppet
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM
That is my guess too Akori. I am just trying to figure out as much as I can about where the Amazons fit in on the overall picture. They are certainly going to be a game changer, I just what to know in which ways will that be so.

Apollyon
Member: 1896
Total Posts: 12
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Well done on getting to $55,000 in just 10 days. I do hope you can get to $75,000 and we can see the Athenians.

I am interested in seeing the Automatons, any chance of some concept artwork?

Have to say that I'm a little disappointed that I can't get any of the event models (I've pledged at Warrior UK, plus the Wendigo book). I understand the whole shipping situation, but am still annoyed that I can't get any of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another." Plato "No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle "He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dread fray." - Homer , The Iliad

Wolf
Member: 937
Total Posts: 59
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM
So I know the archers for Sparta, Mycenae etc will be generic sculpts with specific captains. What about the peltasts for Mycenae, Corinth, Athens (if we get there)? Will they be generic or specific to the city? And will they be bare chested and light like the Trojans or more armored like the Spartans?

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Anstpuppet
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I think Fitz said somewhere that the Mycenaean ones were based off of the Trojan Peltast sculpt. Not sure on the others.

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM Edited on 2013-06-10 18:34:09.0
Apollyon said:
Well done on getting to $55,000 in just 10 days. I do hope you can get to $75,000 and we can see the Athenians.

I am interested in seeing the Automatons, any chance of some concept artwork?

Have to say that I'm a little disappointed that I can't get any of the event models (I've pledged at Warrior UK, plus the Wendigo book). I understand the whole shipping situation, but am still annoyed that I can't get any of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another." Plato "No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle "He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dread fray." - Homer , The Iliad

The miniature add-ons are not included with the book-only rewards as the shipping does not cover it - the books are sent in flat rate envelopes. If you want to get the Event Minis added on, we're happy to do it if you cover the shipping cost - if you were only getting a few, it would not cost a lot as we could ship them separately in a small padded mailer. PM me on the Kickstarter and we could figure out the best option.

We're going to show off some art for the Automatons a little closer to the goal.

--Fitz

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Alcibia said:
Oh, and another thing. What happens to the miniatures planned further out - like the next wave of Trojans if we do not hit that qualifier by the end of this month? I, for example, cannot up my pledge a fourth time without risking my happy home, but after my Trojans and Amazons arrive I would be ready for another pledge - but the current kickstarter program would be over by then. Do I panic? Sell my car? Get a second Martgage? Cash in my investments? Or should I just settle down and see what happens next?
Don't panic. Remember, the goal of the kickstarter is to fund the printing of the book (done) and to fund the rest of the factions in the game (getting close). If we don't make our goal, we'd just have to do it the old-fashioned way. The problem with that is that it takes a long time to get miniatures into production, when the have to be funded from the sales of the previous batch (like we've done for say, the last 10 years... )

I think we all have a very good chance of making it to Troy, and beyond. We just need to keep promoting the program, and hopefully in some places where folks don't know yet. We're doing great, keep spreading the word!

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Anstpuppet said:
Looking over the Amazon pdf I was wondering, are Amazons going to have chariots or does their cavalry supplant chariots? I may be reading too much into the line about chariots and carts but it just made me curious.
Amazons get cavalry instead of chariots. Only their servants/slaves ride in carts, pulled by oxen - they consider chariots to be the same thing as wagons - it is beneath the dignity of an Amazon warrior to ride in a wagon, and beneath the dignity of a horse to pull one!

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Wolf said:
So I know the archers for Sparta, Mycenae etc will be generic sculpts with specific captains. What about the peltasts for Mycenae, Corinth, Athens (if we get there)? Will they be generic or specific to the city? And will they be bare chested and light like the Trojans or more armored like the Spartans?
The Mycenaean Peltasts will look a bit like the Trojans, but with a bit of leather armor and a fringed kilt rather than the Trojan zigzag.

Athenian and Corinthian are going to be universal models, but with city-specific shield arms, and a city-specific captain.

Pakhet
Posted: Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:28 AM
Wargods of Olympus missed the last 300 movie, but if they could come out and be marketed at the same time as this...

however would there would need to be a Persian army (with cave trolls)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrgSpvelFC4

redben
Posted: Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Considering 300 ended at Plataia then this makes this both a sequel and a prequel at the same time lol

redben
Posted: Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM Edited on 2013-06-13 07:19:59.0
Considering 300 ended at Plataia then this makes this both a sequel and a prequel at the same time lol. Unless they're using Ctesias as the source, naturally.

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 5:04 PM Edited on 2013-06-15 19:55:33.0
Klink - Clank -whirrrh!.. clank clank!

What's that noise??? I sounds like it is coming from the Kickstarter page!

Link...

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Well at least the image works over on kickstarter :P

I hope we get there. Will the automotons be playable as a faction in its own right?

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM Edited on 2013-06-15 21:32:43.0
hazpak said:
Well at least the image works over on kickstarter :P

I hope we get there. Will the automotons be playable as a faction in its own right?

Well, these things do break down now and then...

The Automatons can be included in any Hephaestus warband, each one has unique abilities/stats. He makes friends and companions to help on his adventures.

Some other Demigods can take 1, as a Gift of the Gods - Athena, for instance, can take the owl (Athena convinced Hephaestus to make one for her daughter).

Owl

SlowLoris
Member: 603
Total Posts: 306
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 1:35 AM Edited on 2013-06-16 01:36:17.0
Automatons look cool and will add further variety. Can you elaborate on gifts of the gods please, I notice the characters in the current stater boxes have them. I'm assuming the owl and other free figures are all set to ship with the rulebook, is this the case?

Also will the limit on satyrs remain one unit? I've got a few spares, need to decide if I'm going to paint them up or sell them on.

Sculpts all looking bloody good so far:)

Cheers

Stu

Hektor
Member: 1921
Total Posts: 78
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM Edited on 2013-06-16 02:49:01.0
Wow....so ok, I wasn't really planning on a Demigod of Hephaestus...at least until the latest Kickstarter update! Going to have to rethink my plan, maybe. I'm a big fan of the Minotaur idea; had been trying to figure out how to have a thematic reason to have a live one in my warband, now there will be a mechanical one!

So after the initial burst to 25K, it seems we are pacing about 2500 a day. That puts us right at 100K at the end, but then again, on the last few days of these kickstarters you sometimes see a lot of last minute adjustments to pledges as people start getting desperate to make the goals. I bet we see that here too. I know I'm keeping my funds flexible just in case. Ha, I'm even working my off days to have more capital!

Whatever happens, my buddies and I have been talking about the kickstarter every day, tossing around ideas and what not, discussing where we are and how far it will go. Must say it's been a blast so far; can't remember a kickstarter we've followed more closely.

Fitz - hope you've found it to be fun too and not terribly nerve-wracking! Appreciate you guys entertaining all the ideas and hopes/dreams/wishes of your fans. Here's hoping for tons of success in the second half!

Scott

---------------
Sometimes the gods bless you in the morning and curse you in the afternoon.

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 6:13 AM Edited on 2013-06-16 08:04:53.0
While not wishing to sound negative we are falling short of 2500 a day. Look at kicktraq

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game/#chart-daily

Check out the daily data tab to see what I mean.

I just wish there was something that could be done to harness more support. I've tapped out my local community - postage costs are the real sobering effect on most people as is the fact everyone seems to expect a discount just since its a kickstarter. I also hear 'croc games? Are they still around?' All to often as well from the crowd I used to play aegyptus with.

Ideas people that's what we need. I've been posting the video where I can to showcase how it's played and am trying to arrange local games at the lgs but can't advertise the kickstarter while we as the store does not carry the range and frowns on that kind of thing anyway since kickstarter is viewed as a direct competitor for sales

---------------

Hades
God of the Underworld
Member: 1923
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Corinthians AND automatons. My life is now complete. :)

---------------
"The gloomy Hades enriches himself with our sighs and our tears" --Socrates

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Hektor said:
Wow....so ok, I wasn't really planning on a Demigod of Hephaestus...at least until the latest Kickstarter update! Going to have to rethink my plan, maybe. I'm a big fan of the Minotaur idea; had been trying to figure out how to have a thematic reason to have a live one in my warband, now there will be a mechanical one!

So after the initial burst to 25K, it seems we are pacing about 2500 a day. That puts us right at 100K at the end, but then again, on the last few days of these kickstarters you sometimes see a lot of last minute adjustments to pledges as people start getting desperate to make the goals. I bet we see that here too. I know I'm keeping my funds flexible just in case. Ha, I'm even working my off days to have more capital!

Whatever happens, my buddies and I have been talking about the kickstarter every day, tossing around ideas and what not, discussing where we are and how far it will go. Must say it's been a blast so far; can't remember a kickstarter we've followed more closely.

Fitz - hope you've found it to be fun too and not terribly nerve-wracking! Appreciate you guys entertaining all the ideas and hopes/dreams/wishes of your fans. Here's hoping for tons of success in the second half!

Scott

Thanks Scott, I'm really glad you like these guys. Some of the Automatons will be available to other gods (like Athena with the mechanical owl), but if you want a shiny bronze clockwork menagerie, Hephaistus is the way to go!

I'm pleased to see you are enjoying the Kickstarter too, we are, it's a lot of work but we like it.

We are making steady progress, but is has slowed a little this last week - I think that seems to be the way many of them average out, with a jump at then end. We are very, very hopeful we'll get to Troy, and possibly beyond - at the 75k point all the core armies will be funded, and the further stretch goals are going to be monsters, cool stuff, and improvements to all the pledge levels. We just have to get there...

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
hazpak said:
While not wishing to sound negative we are falling short of 2500 a day. Look at kicktraq

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game/#chart-daily

Check out the daily data tab to see what I mean.

I just wish there was something that could be done to harness more support. I've tapped out my local community - postage costs are the real sobering effect on most people as is the fact everyone seems to expect a discount just since its a kickstarter. I also hear 'croc games? Are they still around?' All to often as well from the crowd I used to play aegyptus with.

Ideas people that's what we need. I've been posting the video where I can to showcase how it's played and am trying to arrange local games at the lgs but can't advertise the kickstarter while we as the store does not carry the range and frowns on that kind of thing anyway since kickstarter is viewed as a direct competitor for sales

You are not being negative, critical thinking is essential for success!

Here's a few ideas...

If you are overseas, and your friends are worried about shipping, let them know about the "Miniature Only" deals. There is not lot we can do about shipping on the book - it is big and heavy. But we did add 'Miniature Only' rewards with much lower shipping rates, as these can be shipped for much less - and they include a PDF of the rules.

Other ideas for promotion that might help... be sure to let friends know about the extra stuff that has been unlocked, and what's coming. A lot of people look at the program and don't notice that the stretch goals improve many of the reward levels. Right now, there are already +2 exclusive miniatures included, a PDF, map, and lots more coming up if we can get a little further. If we can make it all the way to Troy, the value of all of the extra stuff should be more than the cost of shipping anywhere.

Other things that really help promote it are sharing the facebook updates and photos (not just 'like', we need o 'share' so all of our friends can see the cool stuff.) The more people who know about this, the better it will turn out for everyone.

Let's keep the ideas flowing guys - we're only at the halfway point now!

Apollyon
Member: 1896
Total Posts: 12
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM Edited on 2013-06-16 16:13:15.0
I love the new artwork for the Automatons, very cool. The Athenian artwork also looks good, nice to see Theseus.

I noticed that at $100,000, you would be models for Hector and Paris, any plans to make models for Achiles, Ajax, and Odyessus?

Any chance you could say which Demigods/goddesses can each faction take? I know the Spartans can't take any Demigoddesses or a Demigod of Hephaestus, but I am curious about the other factions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another." Plato

"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle

"He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dread fray." - Homer , The Iliad

3TH-Derbo
Member: 1943
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Very happy with the way this Kickstarter is taking! I might join in later, if I can convince someone around to play with me...Shipping and c&c is a real pain, but there is nothing one can do about it. Also I was heading for the Corinthians, but I'm not very happy with the decision to let them be sculpted by Todd Harris. Would have prefered, if they were going to be sculpetd by Chris instead. No better one around in 28mm sculpting!

redben
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM Edited on 2013-06-16 17:25:48.0
I think you could make it a little clearer on the front page where the pledges which include stretch are at in terms of extra stuff added and the value they offer. If you take a look at the front page of the recent Deadzone KS by Mantic (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/deadzone-the-sci-fi-miniatures-board-game) you'll see it starts similar to the Wargods one by showing what stretch goals are currently being funded, then there's a short message from Ronnie Renton, but after that it's all designed to persuade you pledge at their $150 Strike Team level. It repeatedly tells the reader that Strike Team is where the great value is and it shows, not just tells, everything the Strike Pledge level is giving you for your money. You have to scroll all the way through that to get any more info about the game or the campaign. The reader is left with the impression that Strike Team is great value for money even though no actual financial comparison is made with the intended RRP.

Wargods is slightly more complicated than DZ in that it has two differing types of pledges, one for the demi-gods and one for an army but I'm going to take "Warband - Miniatures Only" as paradigmatic (it could just as easily be Skirmish but I'm going with this one). Right now Warband is giving the pledger the following for free -

A PDF of the rulebook

A Mycenaean Titan Hunter

Oracle of Delphi

but the only way I can find that out is by individually reading the entries for the stretch goals to see which ones are free and for which pledge levels. I'm also not entitrely sure how much value that adds to my pledge. If you collected them in a graphic placed towards the top of the page which spelled out that these were all free, in what pledge levels they're free, and how much they're worth, then the value of the KS is made much clearer to the potential pledger. You could even add future announced freebies to the graphic in either silhoutte or with something like a padlock graphic superimposed to show that they're on the way and will be added for free. This should also be alongside the three units, two honour guards, and the five other minis that come as standard in the pledge level. That way I can see everything my $165 pledge is going to get me. Assuming that the $165 represents RRP on the Warband pledge level items and, hypothetically, the three currently unlocked freebies are worth $15 each, then my $165 pledge is currently worth $210, a saving of 22%. If Helen, the Owl, and the two peltasts are also taken into account then this discount will increase and you could highlight this amount as well to further emphasise the potential value.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Redben: so what you are saying is that we should put together a visual graphic that clearly shows what comes in the 'freebie' levels? I think we can do this... let me see what we can come up with.

Thanks!

--Fitz

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM Edited on 2013-06-16 23:32:40.0
OK, we put a test skirmish level together.

We can do the other primary pledges too (Council of the Gods, Army, Olympian, etc)

Skirmish Reward

atom12
Member: 40
Total Posts: 295
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Yes, This is what I said need to be done. The pledge options on the side are a bit confusing. Cannot tell what you get in each pledge.

What to draw people to certain pledges.

Adam

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
atom12 said:
Yes, This is what I said need to be done. The pledge options on the side are a bit confusing. Cannot tell what you get in each pledge.

What to draw people to certain pledges.

Adam

Thanks Adam. Ok, we'll make up the rest of these and get them uploaded tomorrow.

bibopxxx
Member: 1944
Total Posts: 3
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Hello,

A big brake for french customer about this kickstarter are the postage. They are really expensive. If i understand right it's because the book is heavy? If we pledge a deal with book (july 2014) and minis (like Troyans), i will receive firstly the minis in september and after the book?

Just need some details: if we pledge at painter level can we add add-ons without increase the postage?

Why not include Dyonisos in the By the Gods! level? The Demigods are all in.

Thanks for answers.

And thanks to propose to us this kind of project with really beuatifull stuff.

+

redben
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Osiris said:
OK, we put a test skirmish level together.

We can do the other primary pledges too (Council of the Gods, Army, Olympian, etc)

Skirmish Reward

Yes, this is great. I'd personally place a graphic each for Skirmish, Warband - Miniatures Only, and Warband between the stretch goal map and the explanation of the stretch goals. I'd also precede these graphics with a paragraph of text explaining that any one of these three will give you everything you need to start playing, offers at least 20% discount on equivalent RRP (and increase that figure as more things are added), contain KS exclusive minis, and that Warband - Miniatures Only is great value for international backers. I'd further emphasise that backing the KS for one of the new factions will mean getting the minis before they hit retail, considerably so in the case of the Trojans and Amazons. A lot of KS backers value this as a perk for becoming a backer.

I think that because of the way the campaign started out, with a heavy emphasis on the demi-god minis, that pushed people towards the pledge levels that included the demi-gods. There are currently 95 backers who are pledging for one of the Painter or Council of the Gods levels. There are only 48 people backing one of the Skirmish or Warband pledge levels which are the ones needed to get a playable WoO force. Admittedly this jumps to 129 when all the higher levels which offer a playable force are included, but to attract new pledgers, especially ones new to WarGods, then the emphasis needs to be on Skirmish and Warband. If they go higher than that then great, but most potential pledgers are likely to at least start out at one of these.

I appreciate that running a KS campaign is a full-time job in and of itself. Throw in continuing to run the day-to-day business of the company whilst sculpting as many of the new KS minis as possible I assume doesn't leave very much time. That said, if you can get out there to do some interviews with major news sites, podcasts, and whatnot, then that might help raise the profile of the campaign.

Muzfish4
Member: 660
Total Posts: 39
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Hi Guys,

I am a lapsed WoAe player (my regular opponent moved away just before I became a parent, so gaming opportunities have been pretty few and far between) but I am really interested by the KS campaign for WoO.

Thanks for having pledge level that allow non-US based players to share postage costs and save money (to spend on add-ons, of course).

We're in the process of getting a pledge together and I'd like to ask two questions just to confirm our understanding of how this will run is correct.

1. If one of us pledges for 'Army' and the other pledges for either one or two 'Warband' then is the total non-US postage still $75. Will this be the case if we get some add-ons too? I simply must have the Event Miniatures.

2. Will the stretch goals (i.e. Titan Hunter, Oracle, Owl and whatever comes next) come with each level pledge or each total pledge. that is, if we club in together as, say, an 'Army' and a 'Warband' will we each get the stretch goals or will we get one of each for the order? If there are three different pledge levels will we get three sets of stretch goals?

Thanks for your time in answering this and good luck with this venture.

MF4

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Hi muzfish4

You both have to pledge at the same level either warband or army - the levels are all 2x and its only one of you pledging your friend doesn't have to

Since it is 2x you get 2 x the reward.

The postage is not calculated over 2 pledges but only one. Hope that makes sense. In my case I am going in with someone at Olympian 2x and we share the postage. (I am taking the 2 armies though)

---------------

BlazeXI
Member: 816
Total Posts: 118
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
@Bipopxxx: Dionysis has been unlocked at USD60'000. Hance it did not come in original 8 Demigods. I believe if your pledge is the USD160 all Demigods you will get all nine. Maybe Zaus will be added later on if we are lucky.

---------------
BlazeXI

Wolf
Member: 937
Total Posts: 59
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 13:38:13.0
I have a question that I am not sure has been covered. Is it possible to mix and match factions in rewards? For example, in the skirmish reward could a person choose to have the spartan starter set with trojan peltasts and mycenaen hero? Or is that getting too complicated for processing?

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Oceanborn
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Wolf - I'm pretty sure that has been covered in the comments on Kickstarter (or elsewhere on the forums), and that if you are pledging at skirmish then all figures from the base skirmish level must be of the same faction.

bibopxxx - As Blaze said, if you are getting a level that includes all 8 original demigods then dionysus is also included. There has been no suggestion so far that an alternate Zeus sculpt will also be available (however he can be picked up in the online store anyway). Postage costs are high because of the book, and it is both size and weight that influence this (combined with miniatures it requires a bigger box). If you are concerned about this, pick up one of the miniatures only levels, as a PDF rulebook is included in most levels. With split shipping I'm pretty sure this is opt-in, so you'd have to nominate this.

Muzfish4 - there are still a few of us playing wargods in the ACT (and this year was the first year in the past 6 or 7 that it didn't run at Cancon), I'm sure we'd be able to organise something if you wanted a game.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I'm also hoping for wargods.at cancon next year - hint hint

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 17:29:22.0
bibopxxx said:
A big brake for french customer about this kickstarter are the postage. They are really expensive. If i understand right it's because the book is heavy? If we pledge a deal with book (july 2014) and minis (like Troyans), i will receive firstly the minis in september and after the book?

Just need some details: if we pledge at painter level can we add add-ons without increase the postage?

Thanks for answers.

+

Yes, the book is large and heavy, so rewards that include both the book and miniatures have a high shipping cost. But if you order international at the $55 shipping and above, we can ship the miniatures early at no additinal cost! Your miniatures will ship first in September or October, and then the book will ship next year. UNLESS you get Corinthians or anything that is released later - they won't be done until July 2014, so if you select Corinthians, if you want Trojans or Amazons shipped early it would be a small increase in shipping.

Painter level can add Add-Ons, postage only increases if the Add-On specifically says so (like a book, etc). So theoretically, you could get Painter x1 and add a whole warband in Add-Ons for no additional shipping. BUT, you would not get the 'freebie' figures this way, and the freebie figures are worth more than $19 shipping. Painter level is really for people who just want a few miniatures - if you want a whole warband, the $160 levels and higher are a much better deal, even with additional shipping (the extra stuff is worth the $19 shipping, and more).

Dionysus is included free in every reward that includes all 8 Demigods, 'By the Gods' too. We'll make this more clear on the image.

Thanks!

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 16:04:27.0
Muzfish4 said:
Thanks for having pledge level that allow non-US based players to share postage costs and save money (to spend on add-ons, of course).

We're in the process of getting a pledge together and I'd like to ask two questions just to confirm our understanding of how this will run is correct.

1. If one of us pledges for 'Army' and the other pledges for either one or two 'Warband' then is the total non-US postage still $75. Will this be the case if we get some add-ons too? I simply must have the Event Miniatures.

You can add Add-Ons to the x2 buddy rewards, no problem.

If you select one of the x2 buddy rewards, it is for 2 of the same level (like 2 Army level, not 1 Army and 1 Warband or Skirmish). We have to keep things relatively simple, if you want other stuff you can add it with Add-Ons.

Muzfish4 said:
2. Will the stretch goals (i.e. Titan Hunter, Oracle, Owl and whatever comes next) come with each level pledge or each total pledge. that is, if we club in together as, say, an 'Army' and a 'Warband' will we each get the stretch goals or will we get one of each for the order? If there are three different pledge levels will we get three sets of stretch goals?
If you get an Army x2, this comes with 2 complete sets of the Army reward: 2 books, 2 names in the book, 2 sets of Army miniatures, 2 sets of any 'freebie' miniatures like the Titan Hunter and Oracle.

If you have a 3rd person who wants to join in, message me on Kickstarter and we may be able to set him up as Add-Ons, as long as the 3rd person is getting the same reward level as the other 2.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Osiris said:
bibopxxx said:

Thanks for answers.

+

Yes, the book is large and heavy, so rewards that include both the book and miniatures have a high shipping cost. But if you order international at the $55 shipping and above, we can ship the miniatures early at no additinal cost! Your miniatures will ship first in September or October, and then the book will ship next year. UNLESS you get Corinthians or anything that is released later - they won't be done until July 2014, so if you select Corinthians, everything will ship together next year.

Painter level can add Add-Ons, postage only increases if the Add-On specifically says so (like a book, etc). So theoretically, you could get Painter x1 and add a whole warband in Add-Ons for no additional shipping. BUT, you would not get the 'freebie' figures this way, and the freebie figures are worth more than $19 shipping. Painter level is really for people who just want a few miniatures - if you want a whole warband, the $160 levels and higher are a much better deal, even with additional shipping (the extra stuff is worth the $19 shipping, and more).

Dionysus is included free in every reward that includes all 8 Demigods, 'By the Gods' too. We'll make this more clear on the image.

Thanks!

Hey Osiris,

Just wanting to clarify as it affect my total pledge amount. I was under the impression if we paid extra postage we could get the early stuff early and then wait on the late stuff which I am happy to do.

I was hoping to pledge for the Trojans and amazons as the 2x deal and then addon the starters for Corinth and Athens (when we get there). If I do this would I then have to delay the whole thing? If so I'll have to drop the starters -a pity but I want my shiny new toys

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM
hazpak - see your private messages

Hecate
Croc Administration
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 17:12:16.0
hazpak said:Hey Osiris,

Just wanting to clarify as it affect my total pledge amount. I was under the impression if we paid extra postage we could get the early stuff early and then wait on the late stuff which I am happy to do.

I was hoping to pledge for the Trojans and amazons as the 2x deal and then addon the starters for Corinth and Athens (when we get there). If I do this would I then have to delay the whole thing? If so I'll have to drop the starters -a pity but I want my shiny new toys

We can do this - it would be a little bit more in postage, as the second package would no longer be a flat-rate book envelope. Let us know what your final assortment of stuff that will be shipped and we can figure out any additional cost. Just send us a message on the Kickstarter program and we can figure it out.

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 21:17:29.0
OK, I've added an 'help' intro and the visual reward guides.

The 'recommended' rewards for starting players are listed first, and then all of the rewards are listed lower. Anyone having loading issues with these? There are a lot of graphics.

Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for the great advice so far. I'm a sculptor, not a marketing guy -- I need all the help I can get!

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Think of this as a dry run for the another kickstarter next year (once my funds has replenished) :) We can pick up this journey where we left off and by then the game will have lots more exposure :)

---------------

Anstpuppet
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
The visual reward guides look great sir. Hopefully it gets more people involved.

redben
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Osiris said:
OK, I've added an 'help' intro and the visual reward guides.

The 'recommended' rewards for starting players are listed first, and then all of the rewards are listed lower. Anyone having loading issues with these? There are a lot of graphics.

Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for the great advice so far. I'm a sculptor, not a marketing guy -- I need all the help I can get!

Can see all the graphics with no issues. I've updated the warseer thread to try and nudge the on-the-fence folks (like I was).

Oceanborn
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:03 AM
from the comments - someone has created a pledge calculator spreadsheet here

instructions are basically download, select your pledge level and whether you are US or not, then type the number of any add-ons that you want to get in the blue cells...you'll then see a total for what to pledge.

bibopxxx
Member: 1944
Total Posts: 3
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM Edited on 2013-06-19 02:20:21.0
Hi,

thanks for answers.

Any chances to see some monsters like Medusae, Hydra, Cyclops.....? Any chances to see some mythicals heroes like Achille (and myrmidons), Ulysse..

+

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Anstpuppet said:
The visual reward guides look great sir. Hopefully it gets more people involved.
Thanks goes to Debs, she did all the hard graphics work!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:46 AM
bibopxxx said:
Hi,

thanks for answers.

Any chances to see some monsters like Medusae, Hydra, Cyclops.....? Any chances to see some mythicals heroes like Achille (and myrmidons), Ulysse..

+

Yes, the road back to Sparta from Troy is long and perilous, and there are many monsters on the loose in the world!

Muzfish4
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Hi Fitz, Thanks for your reply. Due to budgetary constraints at the House of Fish I am only able to pledge at the warband level while my chum is set on pledging at Army level. So we may have to pledge separately.

What I am now planning to do is get the $165 warband without book option (I still get the rules PDF so I’ll be able to play the game and enjoy the artwork and background information too) which I understand has a $19 postal cost and the ‘Event miniatures’ and maybe just maybe another one or two add-ons. These extra items won’t affect the base postal cost, will they?

BTW, I really like the graphical representation of what you get at each level!

Oceanborn – I would be up for a game (I haven’t played in ages) but have to fit things in around sporting commitments and child wrangling which doesn’t leave much of a chance to get to the table of honour. I am however s-l-o-w-l-y painting things so once I get a bit of time I will be able to play. I usually play DBA at Cancon but after two straight days last year for ‘the worlds’ I was a bit DBA-ed out and may be looking for something new at some stage….

Anyway, thank you all for your time with this and I’ll get my act together and pledge soon. Best wishes, M.

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Hopefully if I get to go to the Australian championships for orienteering I'll be in Canberra for 2 weeks or thereabouts in October. Fingers crossed I get a pass to go - there will be days off so would be keen for a game if possible.

Anyways back to the story in hand - really like the PDF Aegyptus rule book addon. Thank you very very much.

11 days to go!

---------------

Anstpuppet
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM
The rulebook add on is great. Now I will end up with all three books in pdf.

Is there any chance we will see a green of the Amazon cav any time soon? I really think that that unit might be the thing to get this KS moving super fast again. That plus a stretch goal into Amazonia would be awesome to see.

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Muzfish4 said:
Hi Fitz, Thanks for your reply. Due to budgetary constraints at the House of Fish I am only able to pledge at the warband level while my chum is set on pledging at Army level. So we may have to pledge separately.

What I am now planning to do is get the $165 warband without book option (I still get the rules PDF so I’ll be able to play the game and enjoy the artwork and background information too) which I understand has a $19 postal cost and the ‘Event miniatures’ and maybe just maybe another one or two add-ons. These extra items won’t affect the base postal cost, will they?

BTW, I really like the graphical representation of what you get at each level!

You can add Add-On miniatures and it won't increase the cost of shipping, unless the Add-On description specifically says so (like for an extra book).

Another alternative would be for you and your friend to team up with the Warband x2 level, and he could add the extra Phalanxes as Add-Ons.

Glad you like the reward graphics, Debs did a great job on them!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Anstpuppet said:

Is there any chance we will see a green of the Amazon cav any time soon? I really think that that unit might be the thing to get this KS moving super fast again. That plus a stretch goal into Amazonia would be awesome to see.

I won't start sculpting Amazon cavalry until they get funded, and after the stuff that is due before them is done (have to stay on track to deliver the first rewards on time! )

Once we get past the next stretch goal we may expand the map further - there is a lot more to see!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM Edited on 2013-06-19 17:06:06.0
On the subject of promoting the Kickstarter:

We're doing well so far, guys - If you can help spread the word, we can get even further.

It helps to post updates on other game & miniature forums - feel free to post the latest pictures (like some of the key reward level graphics) as these help to illustrate to people what they get in the program. A lot of people have looked at the program early, before a lot of the extra like the freebis minis & PDFs were added. Let's let them know!

Like this:

Only $19 to ship this internationally!: Warband, Miniatures Only Only $19 to ship this internationally!!!

Anstpuppet
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Osiris said:
Anstpuppet said:

I won't start sculpting Amazon cavalry until they get funded, and after the stuff that is due before them is done (have to stay on track to deliver the first rewards on time! )

Once we get past the next stretch goal we may expand the map further - there is a lot more to see!

Fair enough sir. I am just trying to throw out ideas. I know sometimes people get ahead of themselves with sculpting. I think all the new sculpts are great and I will likely eventually pick up a little from each faction, but I think overall the Amazons are going to be the minis that get more people into this kickstarter and buying Wargods figs beyond the KS. I might be wrong but it is just the vibe I am getting from people I talk to.

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM Edited on 2013-06-19 19:58:31.0
Anstpuppet said:
Fair enough sir. I am just trying to throw out ideas. I know sometimes people get ahead of themselves with sculpting. I think all the new sculpts are great and I will likely eventually pick up a little from each faction, but I think overall the Amazons are going to be the minis that get more people into this kickstarter and buying Wargods figs beyond the KS. I might be wrong but it is just the vibe I am getting from people I talk to.
Yes, there has certainly been a lot of love for the Amazons so far - nothing wrong with that!

I'm working on some more Amazons, we may be able to show off a couple more images before we're through, with a little luck.

Muzfish4
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Osiris said:
<
You can add Add-On miniatures and it won't increase the cost of shipping, unless the Add-On description specifically says so (like for an extra book).

Another alternative would be for you and your friend to team up with the Warband x2 level, and he could add the extra Phalanxes as Add-Ons.

Glad you like the reward graphics, Debs did a great job on them!

Thanks for the advice, Fitz. I'll put it to my chum and see what she (not he - Wargods appeals to both genders!) says.

Great to see the pledges have unlocked Athens. I imagine once we hit $80k a lot of us might be tempted to add a peltast unit or two which should push the campaign even closer to the 'Fall of Troy'.

As requested, I have added information on the KS campaign to Boardgamegeek, the only other gaming site I frequent. Hopefully it will encourage an extra pledge or two.

Akori
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
WHAT?!?! More to see!!!

In the words of Freddie Mercury, "I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!"

---------------

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy