Board » Kickstarter News

Posted By Topic » The WarGods Kickstarter is LIVE!
Alcibia
Group: Site Member
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Monday, Jul 08, 2013 at 1:05 PM Edited on 2013-07-08 13:06:50.0
double post, sorry.

Alcibia
Posted: Monday, Jul 08, 2013 at 1:05 PM Edited on 2013-07-08 13:09:03.0
and another, I need to use my Pc instead of my phone for these posts.

chopa
Member: 89
Total Posts: 76
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 09, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Just wanna say thanks for the paypal option. Couldn't manage to get any money thrown at the KS, and honestly prefer to send through paypal anyways.

Alcibia
Posted: Thursday, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Surveys due saturday, we going to see any additional 'greens' before then?

marius
Member: 756
Total Posts: 48
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Hi just a quick question,

I've not received a survey and put in my order via Paypal. How are the new paypal orders being handled?

Thanks Dave

Alcibia
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM
How about an update? are the Trojans and Demi Gods still on tap for September? Amazons in October? Anything you can show us? Amazon peltasts, Hecate etc?

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1666
Posted: Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM Edited on 2013-07-26 20:41:57.0
Marius said:
Hi just a quick question,

I've not received a survey and put in my order via Paypal. How are the new paypal orders being handled?

Thanks Dave

We'll be compiling all the Paypal orders last, once we've gotten all the surveys sorted out. Hopefully we'll be able to get to these in the next week or so - please be patient, we have a lot of data to sort through, and we'll be sure to get to everyone.

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Alcibia said:
How about an update? are the Trojans and Demi Gods still on tap for September? Amazons in October? Anything you can show us? Amazon peltasts, Hecate etc?
Updated posted! Behold the glorious creation of Hephaestus, the clockwork Minotaur!

Update Link

I'm hopeful we'll be able to get the September minis on-time, but it is going to be tight... but we've added several miniatures to the mix (Excusives & and the Automatons) which is a lot of extra scupting work that was not factored into the original estimate. But I'm hard at work on this stuff! I'll be posting more updates as I go, and I've set up a sculpting thread to show off the new stuff for the Kickstarter as it is finished! Check it out here:

Sculpting Thread

I'll be updating this thread as I go!

--Fitz

marius
Member: 756
Total Posts: 48
Posted: Monday, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Thanks Chris

Have got the email and filled it out.

chopa
Member: 89
Total Posts: 76
Posted: Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Any particular timeframe on when the surveys need filled out? Im still waffling on which city to choose.

pyremius
Member: 29
Total Posts: 1531
Posted: Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 6:42 AM
I thought the deadline was two weeks ago. The sooner you get it in, the sooner they can finalize the number of casts needed to fulfill all the pledges.

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 3:59 AM
chopa said:
Any particular timeframe on when the surveys need filled out? Im still waffling on which city to choose.
We're past the deadline, please send them out asap if you have not already. I know there have been a few we have not gotten back yet.

Zebb
Member: 1928
Total Posts: 19
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Hello, It would be nice with some news, even news that there is no news - is news. It might not be the best of news or the most anticipated one, but its most definitely better than no news.

We have invested in your faith, and while I realize you have loads to do and ideas to work out (concept arts, green projects, collecting the orders and other ideas - maybe even marketing) we need information as well. The thing is you were very active during the kickstarter, and it was great and very very good. But that sets the bar - and as much as I like Chris sculptures, I would have gone in for less if you were less active and less open to ideas - now though it's like you have dropped off the earth. Hecate was supposed to be shown at the end of the campaign, we still haven't seen her, if you manage concept arts, or half done greens of figures - show them! I am sure we all have an understanding that things take longer than expected. And it will give us ideas for input or changes at an early stage, rather than at the end realize something else could have been done. Prime example of this approach "Avatars of War" (sorry to bring up another company) that usually puts up a green where weapon options can be scrutinized and added or even changed same for other details.

Don't get me wrong, I love the project, I long to play it properly, to hold the models in my hand, as I think all of us do. But right now I think a lot of us just want a pic and a few snippets of info how things are going!

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Zebb said:
Hello, It would be nice with some news, even news that there is no news - is news. It might not be the best of news or the most anticipated one, but its most definitely better than no news.

We have invested in your faith, and while I realize you have loads to do and ideas to work out (concept arts, green projects, collecting the orders and other ideas - maybe even marketing) we need information as well. The thing is you were very active during the kickstarter, and it was great and very very good. But that sets the bar - and as much as I like Chris sculptures, I would have gone in for less if you were less active and less open to ideas - now though it's like you have dropped off the earth. Hecate was supposed to be shown at the end of the campaign, we still haven't seen her, if you manage concept arts, or half done greens of figures - show them! I am sure we all have an understanding that things take longer than expected. And it will give us ideas for input or changes at an early stage, rather than at the end realize something else could have been done. Prime example of this approach "Avatars of War" (sorry to bring up another company) that usually puts up a green where weapon options can be scrutinized and added or even changed same for other details.

Don't get me wrong, I love the project, I long to play it properly, to hold the models in my hand, as I think all of us do. But right now I think a lot of us just want a pic and a few snippets of info how things are going!

Hey Zebb, there's no reason to worry -- sculpting can be a long process, some figures literally take weeks to complete. Hecate is one of these, she has a lot of fine little details that are quite time-intensive to do. She is nearly at the 'presentable' stage, so I'll be showing her off on the sculpting-progress thread this weekend. There are several others currently on the go as well (Dionysus, Oracle, Helen), and I'll show these off in the next few weeks as they get wrapped up.

boltman201
Member: 1342
Total Posts: 79
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Thanks for the update Fitz. I know you got a ton on your plate and will deliver beautiful models. We are just super excited and eager to see the new units and even more excited to field them on the game table. Keep up the fantastic work and thanks ahead of time for the future updates.

Greg

Zebb
Member: 1928
Total Posts: 19
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 12:38 PM Edited on 2013-08-09 17:12:03.0
It's not that I am worried Fitz, I am just as Greg said excited. It is though better to get some news rather than no news - news sells things as well, as it generates interests even if there is half done sculpt or concept art. You remember how much talk there was after the campaign, in a few different forums, that has since died out and nothing new that generate interests.

It is just the fact that I want you to succeed, partially for egoistic reasons at it means more players, but also for you - as you always have been sculpting my favorite models.

I appreciate the update, and I am not worried just to clarify, I also know from my own experience that sometimes I'd rather not say anything instead of saying nothing has happened. But I have also realized that it's more often than not, the wrong road to go. News always wins - even that there is nothing to report :)

redben
Member: 1930
Total Posts: 54
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Whilst I personally don't mind waiting for updates, it's worth taking a look at how Mierce Miniatures have handled their post-KS strategy. They're a small company who had a KS campaign that ended in March which raised a similar amount to WarGods of Olympus. They've made sure that at least one staff member is on the KS comments page every day, even if it's just for a few minutes. It's kept a core of the backers talking to each other to the extent they now have over 12,000 comments on the page. They also send an update out every week, even if all they have to show is a lump of half-formed greenstuff. The overall effect has been to keep the interest up ahead of a second KS beginning next month.

spartan
Member: 311
Total Posts: 65
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Redben I don't see how Mierce miniatures has anything to do with what Chris does , First Mierce has at least 5 sculpters and quite a few employees. While Chris has Debs and maybe 2 other people , Chris is sculpting the Amazons ,Trojans ,all the demigods and automatons,about 32 miniatures that have to be done by September,also he is play testing taking pictures for the Olympus book and if that's not enough he still has to run the day to day business as well. Cut the man some slack.

Jon

BlazeXI
Member: 816
Total Posts: 118
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 1:28 AM
+1 to Spartan.

Though a monthly picture of greens sculpted would be nice.

---------------
BlazeXI

redben
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Mierce are not a big company, albeit they do utilise more sculpters. That wasn't really my point. The point was that they made an effort to engage their KS base on an ongoing basis following the completion of the campaign and still do so five months after the campaign has ended. It doesn't require much, just a comment or two on the KS comments page each day and an update every couple of weeks, but it pays big dividends.

At the time of writing there is an 8 day old comment and a 20 hour old comment on the KS comments page asking questions that haven't been answered by CG. Not every backer of the KS is here following the forums so the KS page is CG's best way of keeping those customers engaged. Where is the incentive for them to keep checking the KS page if there are no comments made by CG? If weekly WIP shots take too much time then try and do one WIP shot for each new mini and put it in an update. It'll pay dividends because it'll maintain the enthusiasm that the KS campaign generated in those customers. All of the points I made at the start of the campaign about what KS can do for a company are just as valid here.

spartan
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I got your point and your sage business advise,but you seem to have missed mine CG works hard and there product s and rules are of excellent quality, I have been wargaming some 30 odd years and Chris's phalanx rules are genius and his METAL miniatures are clean and first class. And I prefer great rules and excellent miniatures too a whole bunch of comments and fine cast crap that melts at over eighty degrees. As I said Cut Chris some some slack.

Jon

redben
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I didn't miss yours, I was picking up on the lack of time element to show that it can be done without it taking up much time. And if you think that product without effective marketing is sufficient then that's your perogative. I'd like to see WarGods reach the audience it deserves.

powerfrog99
Member: 1916
Total Posts: 75
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I am waiting for morsel of information or a few shots of the latest sculptings too. I'm following the Mierce stuff and it looks like some work to do that much, but on 30th of June a comment on the kickstarter from Croc was: "Thanks everyone for your support, encouragement, constant friendly banter and kind comments. You have made our first Kickstarter project a most enjoyable one - chris and I really appreciate it. We plan on making weekly updates as much as possible :-) Thanks again!

--Debs"

Maybe that comment was taken as a kind of promise led rise the expectations to a too high level? I am still eager to see the progress, and I have never before spent so much time on the internet for one particular project. Cheers Thomas

---------------
Want to see painted Croc minis? Take a look at http://www.dieplatt.de or check out my Gallery at http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

spartan
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Redben I don't know you,we have never met,this might be a cultural difference or an age difference but IMO you are being rude by telling someone you don't know how to run there business .

Please don't take this as an invitation to try and explain your position, I hope you take this with a grain of salt and just drop it

PM me if you must Jon

Azaghal
Member: 87
Total Posts: 1
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
[De-lurking]

I have to say that I agree 100% with Redben on this.

I have been playing Wargods since the very first edition, and while I love the game - and think Chris is one of the best sculptors out there, it has always been a mystery to me that Croc doesn't prioritise communications higher. The track record of Croc on this point is not very good, sadly.

Most of the people on this forum - and indeed most of the people backing the kickstarter are junkies for information. Feed us :-)

The long periods of silence is bad business.

Updates, greens, a photo of the workbench, or anything really, create suspense and interest and keep us comming back. Silence kills interest. And it simply is not that hard or time consuming to do.

The quote from Debs that Powerfrog quoted was something I took as fantastic news, but I admit that I feel a bit dissapointed on the level of information so far.

Finally, I fail to see how Redben is rude in any way? He is giving advice - good and respectful advice - to Chris and Debs, and I think it is problematic if this forum should be for "whee - what a fantastic game" comments only.

Wargods is the best game of its kind, and has some of the coolest minis (and Chris and Debs seem to be some of the nicest people in the industry) , but asking for a weekly or bi-weekly update, and suggesting that a small amount of time is spent on the kickstarter comments page is in no way rude. It is helpful!

All the best (and please feed me, Croc), Kasper from Denmark

[re-lurking]

rupshall
Member: 100
Total Posts: 43
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM Edited on 2013-08-10 15:06:28.0
I just want to add I also agree with Redben, and I cannot see how he was rude in any way? The post was very respectful, and in my opinion warranted.

I've been a Croc fan and supporter since first edition also and I mirror Azaghal's post.

Chris and Debs have always been wonderful to deal with, the best, but I fail to see how it is rude to want more information.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Aug 11, 2013 at 2:09 AM Edited on 2013-08-11 04:20:14.0
Hey guys,

Please, let's not argue about any of this. I don't think the requests for more images & updates are rude - our backers have provided a huge amount of support, money, and enthusiasm for this project, so it is natural to want to see progress. Yes, I'm juggling a lot of things at the moment, but it's clear I need to sneak away from the sculpting desk more often to keep you guys informed.

On commenting here, let's all remember that it is easy to take posts on forums in ways that the author did not intend. Let's please keep this friendly and all stay on the same side here.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Aug 11, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Hecate is now up in the sculpting thread!

Check her out here:

Sculpting thread.

GarethPannan
Member: 2007
Total Posts: 63
Posted: Tuesday, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Well said Chris. If given the choice I'd love to have updates every day but that's silly and impractical! With minis this good - I'm happy to wait for when its possible for Chris to sneek away to send us an update! : )

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Well said Chris. If given the choice I'd love to have updates every day but that's silly and impractical! With minis this good - I'm happy to wait for when its possible for Chris to sneek away to send us an update! : )

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Sorry, double post! Eep

geebranz
Member: 24901
Total Posts: 231
Posted: Saturday, Mar 19, 2022 at 10:04 AM
dotuylyp
Member: 25999
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Monday, Jul 04, 2022 at 2:51 AM
the gartic phone is a priority in my game selection. Playing Gartic is a great way to waste time and have fun. If you are looking for an easy game to play with friends, Gartic is a great choice.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy