Board » Kickstarter News

Posted By Topic » The WarGods Kickstarter is LIVE!
redben
Group: Site Member
Member: 1930
Total Posts: 54
Posted: Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM Edited on 2013-06-13 07:19:59.0
Considering 300 ended at Plataia then this makes this both a sequel and a prequel at the same time lol. Unless they're using Ctesias as the source, naturally.

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1666
Posted: Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 5:04 PM Edited on 2013-06-15 19:55:33.0
Klink - Clank -whirrrh!.. clank clank!

What's that noise??? I sounds like it is coming from the Kickstarter page!

Link...

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Well at least the image works over on kickstarter :P

I hope we get there. Will the automotons be playable as a faction in its own right?

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM Edited on 2013-06-15 21:32:43.0
hazpak said:
Well at least the image works over on kickstarter :P

I hope we get there. Will the automotons be playable as a faction in its own right?

Well, these things do break down now and then...

The Automatons can be included in any Hephaestus warband, each one has unique abilities/stats. He makes friends and companions to help on his adventures.

Some other Demigods can take 1, as a Gift of the Gods - Athena, for instance, can take the owl (Athena convinced Hephaestus to make one for her daughter).

Owl

SlowLoris
Member: 603
Total Posts: 306
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 1:35 AM Edited on 2013-06-16 01:36:17.0
Automatons look cool and will add further variety. Can you elaborate on gifts of the gods please, I notice the characters in the current stater boxes have them. I'm assuming the owl and other free figures are all set to ship with the rulebook, is this the case?

Also will the limit on satyrs remain one unit? I've got a few spares, need to decide if I'm going to paint them up or sell them on.

Sculpts all looking bloody good so far:)

Cheers

Stu

Hektor
Member: 1921
Total Posts: 78
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM Edited on 2013-06-16 02:49:01.0
Wow....so ok, I wasn't really planning on a Demigod of Hephaestus...at least until the latest Kickstarter update! Going to have to rethink my plan, maybe. I'm a big fan of the Minotaur idea; had been trying to figure out how to have a thematic reason to have a live one in my warband, now there will be a mechanical one!

So after the initial burst to 25K, it seems we are pacing about 2500 a day. That puts us right at 100K at the end, but then again, on the last few days of these kickstarters you sometimes see a lot of last minute adjustments to pledges as people start getting desperate to make the goals. I bet we see that here too. I know I'm keeping my funds flexible just in case. Ha, I'm even working my off days to have more capital!

Whatever happens, my buddies and I have been talking about the kickstarter every day, tossing around ideas and what not, discussing where we are and how far it will go. Must say it's been a blast so far; can't remember a kickstarter we've followed more closely.

Fitz - hope you've found it to be fun too and not terribly nerve-wracking! Appreciate you guys entertaining all the ideas and hopes/dreams/wishes of your fans. Here's hoping for tons of success in the second half!

Scott

---------------
Sometimes the gods bless you in the morning and curse you in the afternoon.

hazpak
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 6:13 AM Edited on 2013-06-16 08:04:53.0
While not wishing to sound negative we are falling short of 2500 a day. Look at kicktraq

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game/#chart-daily

Check out the daily data tab to see what I mean.

I just wish there was something that could be done to harness more support. I've tapped out my local community - postage costs are the real sobering effect on most people as is the fact everyone seems to expect a discount just since its a kickstarter. I also hear 'croc games? Are they still around?' All to often as well from the crowd I used to play aegyptus with.

Ideas people that's what we need. I've been posting the video where I can to showcase how it's played and am trying to arrange local games at the lgs but can't advertise the kickstarter while we as the store does not carry the range and frowns on that kind of thing anyway since kickstarter is viewed as a direct competitor for sales

---------------

Hades
God of the Underworld
Member: 1923
Total Posts: 1
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Corinthians AND automatons. My life is now complete. :)

---------------
"The gloomy Hades enriches himself with our sighs and our tears" --Socrates

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Hektor said:
Wow....so ok, I wasn't really planning on a Demigod of Hephaestus...at least until the latest Kickstarter update! Going to have to rethink my plan, maybe. I'm a big fan of the Minotaur idea; had been trying to figure out how to have a thematic reason to have a live one in my warband, now there will be a mechanical one!

So after the initial burst to 25K, it seems we are pacing about 2500 a day. That puts us right at 100K at the end, but then again, on the last few days of these kickstarters you sometimes see a lot of last minute adjustments to pledges as people start getting desperate to make the goals. I bet we see that here too. I know I'm keeping my funds flexible just in case. Ha, I'm even working my off days to have more capital!

Whatever happens, my buddies and I have been talking about the kickstarter every day, tossing around ideas and what not, discussing where we are and how far it will go. Must say it's been a blast so far; can't remember a kickstarter we've followed more closely.

Fitz - hope you've found it to be fun too and not terribly nerve-wracking! Appreciate you guys entertaining all the ideas and hopes/dreams/wishes of your fans. Here's hoping for tons of success in the second half!

Scott

Thanks Scott, I'm really glad you like these guys. Some of the Automatons will be available to other gods (like Athena with the mechanical owl), but if you want a shiny bronze clockwork menagerie, Hephaistus is the way to go!

I'm pleased to see you are enjoying the Kickstarter too, we are, it's a lot of work but we like it.

We are making steady progress, but is has slowed a little this last week - I think that seems to be the way many of them average out, with a jump at then end. We are very, very hopeful we'll get to Troy, and possibly beyond - at the 75k point all the core armies will be funded, and the further stretch goals are going to be monsters, cool stuff, and improvements to all the pledge levels. We just have to get there...

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
hazpak said:
While not wishing to sound negative we are falling short of 2500 a day. Look at kicktraq

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game/#chart-daily

Check out the daily data tab to see what I mean.

I just wish there was something that could be done to harness more support. I've tapped out my local community - postage costs are the real sobering effect on most people as is the fact everyone seems to expect a discount just since its a kickstarter. I also hear 'croc games? Are they still around?' All to often as well from the crowd I used to play aegyptus with.

Ideas people that's what we need. I've been posting the video where I can to showcase how it's played and am trying to arrange local games at the lgs but can't advertise the kickstarter while we as the store does not carry the range and frowns on that kind of thing anyway since kickstarter is viewed as a direct competitor for sales

You are not being negative, critical thinking is essential for success!

Here's a few ideas...

If you are overseas, and your friends are worried about shipping, let them know about the "Miniature Only" deals. There is not lot we can do about shipping on the book - it is big and heavy. But we did add 'Miniature Only' rewards with much lower shipping rates, as these can be shipped for much less - and they include a PDF of the rules.

Other ideas for promotion that might help... be sure to let friends know about the extra stuff that has been unlocked, and what's coming. A lot of people look at the program and don't notice that the stretch goals improve many of the reward levels. Right now, there are already +2 exclusive miniatures included, a PDF, map, and lots more coming up if we can get a little further. If we can make it all the way to Troy, the value of all of the extra stuff should be more than the cost of shipping anywhere.

Other things that really help promote it are sharing the facebook updates and photos (not just 'like', we need o 'share' so all of our friends can see the cool stuff.) The more people who know about this, the better it will turn out for everyone.

Let's keep the ideas flowing guys - we're only at the halfway point now!

Apollyon
Member: 1896
Total Posts: 12
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM Edited on 2013-06-16 16:13:15.0
I love the new artwork for the Automatons, very cool. The Athenian artwork also looks good, nice to see Theseus.

I noticed that at $100,000, you would be models for Hector and Paris, any plans to make models for Achiles, Ajax, and Odyessus?

Any chance you could say which Demigods/goddesses can each faction take? I know the Spartans can't take any Demigoddesses or a Demigod of Hephaestus, but I am curious about the other factions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another." Plato

"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle

"He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dread fray." - Homer , The Iliad

3TH-Derbo
Member: 1943
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Very happy with the way this Kickstarter is taking! I might join in later, if I can convince someone around to play with me...Shipping and c&c is a real pain, but there is nothing one can do about it. Also I was heading for the Corinthians, but I'm not very happy with the decision to let them be sculpted by Todd Harris. Would have prefered, if they were going to be sculpetd by Chris instead. No better one around in 28mm sculpting!

redben
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM Edited on 2013-06-16 17:25:48.0
I think you could make it a little clearer on the front page where the pledges which include stretch are at in terms of extra stuff added and the value they offer. If you take a look at the front page of the recent Deadzone KS by Mantic (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/deadzone-the-sci-fi-miniatures-board-game) you'll see it starts similar to the Wargods one by showing what stretch goals are currently being funded, then there's a short message from Ronnie Renton, but after that it's all designed to persuade you pledge at their $150 Strike Team level. It repeatedly tells the reader that Strike Team is where the great value is and it shows, not just tells, everything the Strike Pledge level is giving you for your money. You have to scroll all the way through that to get any more info about the game or the campaign. The reader is left with the impression that Strike Team is great value for money even though no actual financial comparison is made with the intended RRP.

Wargods is slightly more complicated than DZ in that it has two differing types of pledges, one for the demi-gods and one for an army but I'm going to take "Warband - Miniatures Only" as paradigmatic (it could just as easily be Skirmish but I'm going with this one). Right now Warband is giving the pledger the following for free -

A PDF of the rulebook

A Mycenaean Titan Hunter

Oracle of Delphi

but the only way I can find that out is by individually reading the entries for the stretch goals to see which ones are free and for which pledge levels. I'm also not entitrely sure how much value that adds to my pledge. If you collected them in a graphic placed towards the top of the page which spelled out that these were all free, in what pledge levels they're free, and how much they're worth, then the value of the KS is made much clearer to the potential pledger. You could even add future announced freebies to the graphic in either silhoutte or with something like a padlock graphic superimposed to show that they're on the way and will be added for free. This should also be alongside the three units, two honour guards, and the five other minis that come as standard in the pledge level. That way I can see everything my $165 pledge is going to get me. Assuming that the $165 represents RRP on the Warband pledge level items and, hypothetically, the three currently unlocked freebies are worth $15 each, then my $165 pledge is currently worth $210, a saving of 22%. If Helen, the Owl, and the two peltasts are also taken into account then this discount will increase and you could highlight this amount as well to further emphasise the potential value.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Redben: so what you are saying is that we should put together a visual graphic that clearly shows what comes in the 'freebie' levels? I think we can do this... let me see what we can come up with.

Thanks!

--Fitz

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM Edited on 2013-06-16 23:32:40.0
OK, we put a test skirmish level together.

We can do the other primary pledges too (Council of the Gods, Army, Olympian, etc)

Skirmish Reward

atom12
Member: 40
Total Posts: 295
Posted: Sunday, Jun 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Yes, This is what I said need to be done. The pledge options on the side are a bit confusing. Cannot tell what you get in each pledge.

What to draw people to certain pledges.

Adam

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
atom12 said:
Yes, This is what I said need to be done. The pledge options on the side are a bit confusing. Cannot tell what you get in each pledge.

What to draw people to certain pledges.

Adam

Thanks Adam. Ok, we'll make up the rest of these and get them uploaded tomorrow.

bibopxxx
Member: 1944
Total Posts: 3
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Hello,

A big brake for french customer about this kickstarter are the postage. They are really expensive. If i understand right it's because the book is heavy? If we pledge a deal with book (july 2014) and minis (like Troyans), i will receive firstly the minis in september and after the book?

Just need some details: if we pledge at painter level can we add add-ons without increase the postage?

Why not include Dyonisos in the By the Gods! level? The Demigods are all in.

Thanks for answers.

And thanks to propose to us this kind of project with really beuatifull stuff.

+

redben
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Osiris said:
OK, we put a test skirmish level together.

We can do the other primary pledges too (Council of the Gods, Army, Olympian, etc)

Skirmish Reward

Yes, this is great. I'd personally place a graphic each for Skirmish, Warband - Miniatures Only, and Warband between the stretch goal map and the explanation of the stretch goals. I'd also precede these graphics with a paragraph of text explaining that any one of these three will give you everything you need to start playing, offers at least 20% discount on equivalent RRP (and increase that figure as more things are added), contain KS exclusive minis, and that Warband - Miniatures Only is great value for international backers. I'd further emphasise that backing the KS for one of the new factions will mean getting the minis before they hit retail, considerably so in the case of the Trojans and Amazons. A lot of KS backers value this as a perk for becoming a backer.

I think that because of the way the campaign started out, with a heavy emphasis on the demi-god minis, that pushed people towards the pledge levels that included the demi-gods. There are currently 95 backers who are pledging for one of the Painter or Council of the Gods levels. There are only 48 people backing one of the Skirmish or Warband pledge levels which are the ones needed to get a playable WoO force. Admittedly this jumps to 129 when all the higher levels which offer a playable force are included, but to attract new pledgers, especially ones new to WarGods, then the emphasis needs to be on Skirmish and Warband. If they go higher than that then great, but most potential pledgers are likely to at least start out at one of these.

I appreciate that running a KS campaign is a full-time job in and of itself. Throw in continuing to run the day-to-day business of the company whilst sculpting as many of the new KS minis as possible I assume doesn't leave very much time. That said, if you can get out there to do some interviews with major news sites, podcasts, and whatnot, then that might help raise the profile of the campaign.

Muzfish4
Member: 660
Total Posts: 39
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Hi Guys,

I am a lapsed WoAe player (my regular opponent moved away just before I became a parent, so gaming opportunities have been pretty few and far between) but I am really interested by the KS campaign for WoO.

Thanks for having pledge level that allow non-US based players to share postage costs and save money (to spend on add-ons, of course).

We're in the process of getting a pledge together and I'd like to ask two questions just to confirm our understanding of how this will run is correct.

1. If one of us pledges for 'Army' and the other pledges for either one or two 'Warband' then is the total non-US postage still $75. Will this be the case if we get some add-ons too? I simply must have the Event Miniatures.

2. Will the stretch goals (i.e. Titan Hunter, Oracle, Owl and whatever comes next) come with each level pledge or each total pledge. that is, if we club in together as, say, an 'Army' and a 'Warband' will we each get the stretch goals or will we get one of each for the order? If there are three different pledge levels will we get three sets of stretch goals?

Thanks for your time in answering this and good luck with this venture.

MF4

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Hi muzfish4

You both have to pledge at the same level either warband or army - the levels are all 2x and its only one of you pledging your friend doesn't have to

Since it is 2x you get 2 x the reward.

The postage is not calculated over 2 pledges but only one. Hope that makes sense. In my case I am going in with someone at Olympian 2x and we share the postage. (I am taking the 2 armies though)

---------------

BlazeXI
Member: 816
Total Posts: 118
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
@Bipopxxx: Dionysis has been unlocked at USD60'000. Hance it did not come in original 8 Demigods. I believe if your pledge is the USD160 all Demigods you will get all nine. Maybe Zaus will be added later on if we are lucky.

---------------
BlazeXI

Wolf
Member: 937
Total Posts: 59
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 13:38:13.0
I have a question that I am not sure has been covered. Is it possible to mix and match factions in rewards? For example, in the skirmish reward could a person choose to have the spartan starter set with trojan peltasts and mycenaen hero? Or is that getting too complicated for processing?

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Wolf - I'm pretty sure that has been covered in the comments on Kickstarter (or elsewhere on the forums), and that if you are pledging at skirmish then all figures from the base skirmish level must be of the same faction.

bibopxxx - As Blaze said, if you are getting a level that includes all 8 original demigods then dionysus is also included. There has been no suggestion so far that an alternate Zeus sculpt will also be available (however he can be picked up in the online store anyway). Postage costs are high because of the book, and it is both size and weight that influence this (combined with miniatures it requires a bigger box). If you are concerned about this, pick up one of the miniatures only levels, as a PDF rulebook is included in most levels. With split shipping I'm pretty sure this is opt-in, so you'd have to nominate this.

Muzfish4 - there are still a few of us playing wargods in the ACT (and this year was the first year in the past 6 or 7 that it didn't run at Cancon), I'm sure we'd be able to organise something if you wanted a game.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I'm also hoping for wargods.at cancon next year - hint hint

---------------

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 17:29:22.0
bibopxxx said:
A big brake for french customer about this kickstarter are the postage. They are really expensive. If i understand right it's because the book is heavy? If we pledge a deal with book (july 2014) and minis (like Troyans), i will receive firstly the minis in september and after the book?

Just need some details: if we pledge at painter level can we add add-ons without increase the postage?

Thanks for answers.

+

Yes, the book is large and heavy, so rewards that include both the book and miniatures have a high shipping cost. But if you order international at the $55 shipping and above, we can ship the miniatures early at no additinal cost! Your miniatures will ship first in September or October, and then the book will ship next year. UNLESS you get Corinthians or anything that is released later - they won't be done until July 2014, so if you select Corinthians, if you want Trojans or Amazons shipped early it would be a small increase in shipping.

Painter level can add Add-Ons, postage only increases if the Add-On specifically says so (like a book, etc). So theoretically, you could get Painter x1 and add a whole warband in Add-Ons for no additional shipping. BUT, you would not get the 'freebie' figures this way, and the freebie figures are worth more than $19 shipping. Painter level is really for people who just want a few miniatures - if you want a whole warband, the $160 levels and higher are a much better deal, even with additional shipping (the extra stuff is worth the $19 shipping, and more).

Dionysus is included free in every reward that includes all 8 Demigods, 'By the Gods' too. We'll make this more clear on the image.

Thanks!

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 16:04:27.0
Muzfish4 said:
Thanks for having pledge level that allow non-US based players to share postage costs and save money (to spend on add-ons, of course).

We're in the process of getting a pledge together and I'd like to ask two questions just to confirm our understanding of how this will run is correct.

1. If one of us pledges for 'Army' and the other pledges for either one or two 'Warband' then is the total non-US postage still $75. Will this be the case if we get some add-ons too? I simply must have the Event Miniatures.

You can add Add-Ons to the x2 buddy rewards, no problem.

If you select one of the x2 buddy rewards, it is for 2 of the same level (like 2 Army level, not 1 Army and 1 Warband or Skirmish). We have to keep things relatively simple, if you want other stuff you can add it with Add-Ons.

Muzfish4 said:
2. Will the stretch goals (i.e. Titan Hunter, Oracle, Owl and whatever comes next) come with each level pledge or each total pledge. that is, if we club in together as, say, an 'Army' and a 'Warband' will we each get the stretch goals or will we get one of each for the order? If there are three different pledge levels will we get three sets of stretch goals?
If you get an Army x2, this comes with 2 complete sets of the Army reward: 2 books, 2 names in the book, 2 sets of Army miniatures, 2 sets of any 'freebie' miniatures like the Titan Hunter and Oracle.

If you have a 3rd person who wants to join in, message me on Kickstarter and we may be able to set him up as Add-Ons, as long as the 3rd person is getting the same reward level as the other 2.

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Osiris said:
bibopxxx said:

Thanks for answers.

+

Yes, the book is large and heavy, so rewards that include both the book and miniatures have a high shipping cost. But if you order international at the $55 shipping and above, we can ship the miniatures early at no additinal cost! Your miniatures will ship first in September or October, and then the book will ship next year. UNLESS you get Corinthians or anything that is released later - they won't be done until July 2014, so if you select Corinthians, everything will ship together next year.

Painter level can add Add-Ons, postage only increases if the Add-On specifically says so (like a book, etc). So theoretically, you could get Painter x1 and add a whole warband in Add-Ons for no additional shipping. BUT, you would not get the 'freebie' figures this way, and the freebie figures are worth more than $19 shipping. Painter level is really for people who just want a few miniatures - if you want a whole warband, the $160 levels and higher are a much better deal, even with additional shipping (the extra stuff is worth the $19 shipping, and more).

Dionysus is included free in every reward that includes all 8 Demigods, 'By the Gods' too. We'll make this more clear on the image.

Thanks!

Hey Osiris,

Just wanting to clarify as it affect my total pledge amount. I was under the impression if we paid extra postage we could get the early stuff early and then wait on the late stuff which I am happy to do.

I was hoping to pledge for the Trojans and amazons as the 2x deal and then addon the starters for Corinth and Athens (when we get there). If I do this would I then have to delay the whole thing? If so I'll have to drop the starters -a pity but I want my shiny new toys

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM
hazpak - see your private messages

Hecate
Croc Administration
Member: 559
Total Posts: 355
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 17:12:16.0
hazpak said:Hey Osiris,

Just wanting to clarify as it affect my total pledge amount. I was under the impression if we paid extra postage we could get the early stuff early and then wait on the late stuff which I am happy to do.

I was hoping to pledge for the Trojans and amazons as the 2x deal and then addon the starters for Corinth and Athens (when we get there). If I do this would I then have to delay the whole thing? If so I'll have to drop the starters -a pity but I want my shiny new toys

We can do this - it would be a little bit more in postage, as the second package would no longer be a flat-rate book envelope. Let us know what your final assortment of stuff that will be shipped and we can figure out any additional cost. Just send us a message on the Kickstarter program and we can figure it out.

Osiris
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM Edited on 2013-06-17 21:17:29.0
OK, I've added an 'help' intro and the visual reward guides.

The 'recommended' rewards for starting players are listed first, and then all of the rewards are listed lower. Anyone having loading issues with these? There are a lot of graphics.

Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for the great advice so far. I'm a sculptor, not a marketing guy -- I need all the help I can get!

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Think of this as a dry run for the another kickstarter next year (once my funds has replenished) :) We can pick up this journey where we left off and by then the game will have lots more exposure :)

---------------

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Monday, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
The visual reward guides look great sir. Hopefully it gets more people involved.

redben
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Osiris said:
OK, I've added an 'help' intro and the visual reward guides.

The 'recommended' rewards for starting players are listed first, and then all of the rewards are listed lower. Anyone having loading issues with these? There are a lot of graphics.

Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for the great advice so far. I'm a sculptor, not a marketing guy -- I need all the help I can get!

Can see all the graphics with no issues. I've updated the warseer thread to try and nudge the on-the-fence folks (like I was).

Oceanborn
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:03 AM
from the comments - someone has created a pledge calculator spreadsheet here

instructions are basically download, select your pledge level and whether you are US or not, then type the number of any add-ons that you want to get in the blue cells...you'll then see a total for what to pledge.

bibopxxx
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM Edited on 2013-06-19 02:20:21.0
Hi,

thanks for answers.

Any chances to see some monsters like Medusae, Hydra, Cyclops.....? Any chances to see some mythicals heroes like Achille (and myrmidons), Ulysse..

+

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Anstpuppet said:
The visual reward guides look great sir. Hopefully it gets more people involved.
Thanks goes to Debs, she did all the hard graphics work!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:46 AM
bibopxxx said:
Hi,

thanks for answers.

Any chances to see some monsters like Medusae, Hydra, Cyclops.....? Any chances to see some mythicals heroes like Achille (and myrmidons), Ulysse..

+

Yes, the road back to Sparta from Troy is long and perilous, and there are many monsters on the loose in the world!

Muzfish4
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Hi Fitz, Thanks for your reply. Due to budgetary constraints at the House of Fish I am only able to pledge at the warband level while my chum is set on pledging at Army level. So we may have to pledge separately.

What I am now planning to do is get the $165 warband without book option (I still get the rules PDF so I’ll be able to play the game and enjoy the artwork and background information too) which I understand has a $19 postal cost and the ‘Event miniatures’ and maybe just maybe another one or two add-ons. These extra items won’t affect the base postal cost, will they?

BTW, I really like the graphical representation of what you get at each level!

Oceanborn – I would be up for a game (I haven’t played in ages) but have to fit things in around sporting commitments and child wrangling which doesn’t leave much of a chance to get to the table of honour. I am however s-l-o-w-l-y painting things so once I get a bit of time I will be able to play. I usually play DBA at Cancon but after two straight days last year for ‘the worlds’ I was a bit DBA-ed out and may be looking for something new at some stage….

Anyway, thank you all for your time with this and I’ll get my act together and pledge soon. Best wishes, M.

hazpak
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Hopefully if I get to go to the Australian championships for orienteering I'll be in Canberra for 2 weeks or thereabouts in October. Fingers crossed I get a pass to go - there will be days off so would be keen for a game if possible.

Anyways back to the story in hand - really like the PDF Aegyptus rule book addon. Thank you very very much.

11 days to go!

---------------

Anstpuppet
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM
The rulebook add on is great. Now I will end up with all three books in pdf.

Is there any chance we will see a green of the Amazon cav any time soon? I really think that that unit might be the thing to get this KS moving super fast again. That plus a stretch goal into Amazonia would be awesome to see.

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Muzfish4 said:
Hi Fitz, Thanks for your reply. Due to budgetary constraints at the House of Fish I am only able to pledge at the warband level while my chum is set on pledging at Army level. So we may have to pledge separately.

What I am now planning to do is get the $165 warband without book option (I still get the rules PDF so I’ll be able to play the game and enjoy the artwork and background information too) which I understand has a $19 postal cost and the ‘Event miniatures’ and maybe just maybe another one or two add-ons. These extra items won’t affect the base postal cost, will they?

BTW, I really like the graphical representation of what you get at each level!

You can add Add-On miniatures and it won't increase the cost of shipping, unless the Add-On description specifically says so (like for an extra book).

Another alternative would be for you and your friend to team up with the Warband x2 level, and he could add the extra Phalanxes as Add-Ons.

Glad you like the reward graphics, Debs did a great job on them!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Anstpuppet said:

Is there any chance we will see a green of the Amazon cav any time soon? I really think that that unit might be the thing to get this KS moving super fast again. That plus a stretch goal into Amazonia would be awesome to see.

I won't start sculpting Amazon cavalry until they get funded, and after the stuff that is due before them is done (have to stay on track to deliver the first rewards on time! )

Once we get past the next stretch goal we may expand the map further - there is a lot more to see!

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM Edited on 2013-06-19 17:06:06.0
On the subject of promoting the Kickstarter:

We're doing well so far, guys - If you can help spread the word, we can get even further.

It helps to post updates on other game & miniature forums - feel free to post the latest pictures (like some of the key reward level graphics) as these help to illustrate to people what they get in the program. A lot of people have looked at the program early, before a lot of the extra like the freebis minis & PDFs were added. Let's let them know!

Like this:

Only $19 to ship this internationally!: Warband, Miniatures Only Only $19 to ship this internationally!!!

Anstpuppet
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Osiris said:
Anstpuppet said:

I won't start sculpting Amazon cavalry until they get funded, and after the stuff that is due before them is done (have to stay on track to deliver the first rewards on time! )

Once we get past the next stretch goal we may expand the map further - there is a lot more to see!

Fair enough sir. I am just trying to throw out ideas. I know sometimes people get ahead of themselves with sculpting. I think all the new sculpts are great and I will likely eventually pick up a little from each faction, but I think overall the Amazons are going to be the minis that get more people into this kickstarter and buying Wargods figs beyond the KS. I might be wrong but it is just the vibe I am getting from people I talk to.

Osiris
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM Edited on 2013-06-19 19:58:31.0
Anstpuppet said:
Fair enough sir. I am just trying to throw out ideas. I know sometimes people get ahead of themselves with sculpting. I think all the new sculpts are great and I will likely eventually pick up a little from each faction, but I think overall the Amazons are going to be the minis that get more people into this kickstarter and buying Wargods figs beyond the KS. I might be wrong but it is just the vibe I am getting from people I talk to.
Yes, there has certainly been a lot of love for the Amazons so far - nothing wrong with that!

I'm working on some more Amazons, we may be able to show off a couple more images before we're through, with a little luck.

Muzfish4
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Osiris said:
<
You can add Add-On miniatures and it won't increase the cost of shipping, unless the Add-On description specifically says so (like for an extra book).

Another alternative would be for you and your friend to team up with the Warband x2 level, and he could add the extra Phalanxes as Add-Ons.

Glad you like the reward graphics, Debs did a great job on them!

Thanks for the advice, Fitz. I'll put it to my chum and see what she (not he - Wargods appeals to both genders!) says.

Great to see the pledges have unlocked Athens. I imagine once we hit $80k a lot of us might be tempted to add a peltast unit or two which should push the campaign even closer to the 'Fall of Troy'.

As requested, I have added information on the KS campaign to Boardgamegeek, the only other gaming site I frequent. Hopefully it will encourage an extra pledge or two.

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
WHAT?!?! More to see!!!

In the words of Freddie Mercury, "I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!"

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Wolf
Member: 937
Total Posts: 59
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
So when do we get to see Hecate?

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Apollyon
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Congratulations on funding the Athenians, the concept artwork for it is pretty cool. When will the excerpt for them be ready?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another." Plato

"He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dread fray." - Homer , The Iliad

redben
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM Edited on 2013-06-20 14:46:09.0
-------------

"I should rather say that those who elevate astronomy into philosophy appear to me to make us look downwards and not upwards." Plato

Sorry, couldn't resist lol

PaulCG1969
Member: 1573
Total Posts: 38
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Fitz,

will there be a PDF Power 3 for the Wendigo Rulebook?

---------------
Id rather be lucky than good.

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
PaulCG1969 said:
Fitz,

will there be a PDF Power 3 for the Wendigo Rulebook?

Maybe!

Osiris
Posted: Thursday, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Wolf said:
So when do we get to see Hecate?
Still working on the Lady of Darkness, she's a complex model - she should be done before the end of the program.

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Monday, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Congrats on reaching 90k :) nd getting the automotons unlocked :)

Akenatum
Posted: Monday, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM Edited on 2013-06-24 23:40:24.0
dang double post.... but yay for the croc :)

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I know everyone is really busy - But surely our final week and what has been achieved so far is worthy of a news post on the croc games home page?

---------------

redben
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM
And a mailshot to all forum members, a press release to the main newsites, and maybe even an interview or two.

Hektor
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM Edited on 2013-06-25 18:24:20.0
So we're rolling into the last few days here. For what its worth, just a couple of thoughts (though you guys probably already have everything planned out!). A lot of people will obviously be making last minute adjustments to their pledges and rewards, trying to make the most of it while watching to see how far the KS goes. You guys have done a solid job getting us info. I guess I'd recommend if there is anything, anything at all, that backers might need to know (prices for Hector and Paris and co, prices for the Amazonian cavalry should we make it to them - and hopefully we will ,), I'd make sure it's all out there by Friday afternoon. Just to maximize people's chances at making those adjustments over the last 48 hours. I know I've agonized over what I want to get probably fifty times and will do so again over the weekend.

Onward to Troy!

---------------

Anstpuppet
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM
In that same vein maybe adding the concept art for the next two stretch goals (Troy part 2, Amazon cav) to the front page of the KS. They have already been presented in the updates but not everyone reads those and any little thing that can get more of this project funded could help.

Hektor
Posted: Thursday, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM
100K and moving along nicely! Awesome! Those 30-pt Trojan chariots are calling out to me. Now I need to get the lady of the house to agree to more financing. I'm promising to paint an Amazon warband for her to entice her to pitch in.

---------------

Akenatum
Posted: Friday, Jun 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM
wanted warband miniatures only, but needing car rego have been left with painter x2 :( wtb a job lol.... hopefully we get to the $115k mark.

Apollyon
Posted: Friday, Jun 28, 2013 at 3:20 AM Edited on 2013-06-28 03:20:37.0
Congratulations on raising more than $100,000, hope you can reach $125,000.

The concept artwork for the Trojans looks great, pity there are no concepts for the likes of Achilles, Ajax, and Odyessus. The Chariot, Hydra, and Harpies also looks good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hecate
Croc Administration
Posted: Friday, Jun 28, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Apollyon said:

The concept artwork for the Trojans looks great, pity there are no concepts for the likes of Achilles, Ajax, and Odyessus. The Chariot, Hydra, and Harpies also looks good.

Those characters are on the wish list for Mycenae, we are hoping to do every one of them, just figuring out where they fit in the immediate scheduling is the question.

Anstpuppet
Posted: Friday, Jun 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Hecate said:
Apollyon said:

Those characters are on the wish list for Mycenae, we are hoping to do every one of them, just figuring out where they fit in the immediate scheduling is the question.
Very cool. Any chance that we eventually see a Myrmidon special unit?

Hektor
Posted: Friday, Jun 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Concur that Ajax, Odysseus, (Menelaus?) would be great. Personally, Achilles and the Myrmidons would be my top pick for Trojan War personalities going forward. Would think they would sell quite well.

---------------

SlowLoris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Blimey! even the BBC seem to be in on this?

Talk about timely telly...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b036b0yl/Who_Were_the_Greeks_Episode_1/

Cheers

Stu

Pakhet
Member: 162
Total Posts: 129
Posted: Saturday, Jun 29, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Amazon Cavalry, yeehaaw!

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Saturday, Jun 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I have a couple of quick questions about the Kickstarter. I have pledged for both the Trojans and the Amazons coming this fall. Do I need to up my pledge to cover two separate shipping costs since I will want everything the moment it is ready, and if so, how much? Second, once the survey comes out, how much time do I have before you need it back? I would imagine I will continue to alter my decisions right up to the last minute!

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Jun 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Alcibia said:
I have a couple of quick questions about the Kickstarter. I have pledged for both the Trojans and the Amazons coming this fall. Do I need to up my pledge to cover two separate shipping costs since I will want everything the moment it is ready, and if so, how much? Second, once the survey comes out, how much time do I have before you need it back? I would imagine I will continue to alter my decisions right up to the last minute!
If you are in the USA, it's only $6 to add a shipment, per shipment.

If you are overseas, we'd need to figure it out, countries vary.

The survey needs a quick turnaround, I think usually about a week. It is going to take us a few days to make the survey though, so you'll have some time to think about it.

SlowLoris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Wow this is all going very well:)

I have a couple of questions for you (apologies if they've already been asked/answered).

I've done a minis only pledge for Amazons, specifically to keep the shipping simple.

However now I'm thinking I could lend further support by switching to a pledge with a rulebook and maybe select some releases for further down the line.

If for example I select warband UK and choose amazons/trojans then add on a Corinthian stater set and some peltasts and get the Trojans/Amazons in October this year and then the book/Corinthians next year how much extra postage will I need to add? Can you give us a UK price per shipment like you've done for the US?

There seems to be some confusion around at the moment which may deter extra addons?

Next question, if I go all the way up to Army level will all my units have to be from the same faction? Not sure I need thre sets of Amazon spears, but some Trojan allies and Spartan enemies might be cool.

Also if money pledged comes up short on shipping or people have made a mistake/changed their mind on something will there be the opportunity to add money during the survey?

I realise this is a bit last minute, but once I know what I can expect to pay I can up my pledge.

FInally, well done on what has rapidly become a brilliant Kick Starter, good luck with the last few hours.

Cheers

Stu

Oceanborn
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Stu - With regards to your question about models in the Army pledge level needing to be all the same faction, this has been answered a few times in that the base models provided in a specific pledge level do all need to be the same faction.

Having said this, you could always pledge at the Warband level, and pick up the Trojan and Spartan Hoplites as add-ons (it is the same total cost)...

SlowLoris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Hey Thanks Oceanborn,

Just having a look now, however over on the messages section of the kickstater Chris posted the following;

Yes, we are setting up a Paypal pledge mananger so that backers can add for extra shipments or Add-Ons.

So I'm thinking we Don't need to work out exactly how many dollars we need, we can just choose a pledge level and thn add to it afterwards.

Cheers

Stu

pyremius
Member: 29
Total Posts: 1531
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Sounds about right, but getting as close as possible to your correct final total pushes the total pledge level up, and gets us close to unlocking another option. $145,000 and $155,000 are the big ones at the moment, as they give free minis ($155,000 especially, as it's another LE mini :) ).

SlowLoris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM
A good point.

Pledge recalculated to maximum:)

Cheers

Stu

SlowLoris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM
A good point.

Pledge recalculated to maximum:)

Cheers

Stu

Hecate
Croc Administration
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Yes, we can sort out the extra shipping for add-ons later, with paypal or the pledge manager.

If you want to pay early, we can ship them US for $6 per group, or internationally for $12 for each separate group of miniatures (they should be light enough to ship first class).

SlowLoris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Thanks Debs

For many of us that is a key piece of information for our calculations:)

Cheers and good luck with the last few hours

Stu

KevinE
Member: 329
Total Posts: 346
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM
The Amazon cavalry, the hydra and the harpies are all currently due in September 2014, so do they count as 1 group as they can all be shipped tigether at the same time, or as 3 groups?

Thanks

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM
KevinE said:
The Amazon cavalry, the hydra and the harpies are all currently due in September 2014, so do they count as 1 group as they can all be shipped tigether at the same time, or as 3 groups?

Thanks

Yeah (now I'm getting worried about getting them all done at the same time!)

Apollyon
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Congratulations on raising $147,194 for the kickstarter.

That is a fantastic amount of money, and a lot of cool stuff unlocked. I am glad I could add what I could ($227).

I look forward to see the results over the coming months.

dragonlady
Member: 134
Total Posts: 44
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Darn you, darn you all the heck.

I thought I had invested enough into Spartans over the years, haunting the Wargods booth over the years at Gencon and other convention, and now you had to go and do this!!

Amazon, AMAZONS!!

Now you have another $400 of my money!!

Thanks!

Robyn

Hektor
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Congrats on the KS success, guys! Fantastic!

---------------

Nephren-Ka
Member: 824
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Congratulations on a very exciting KS! I am actually sorry to see it end. On the other hand my mortgage would have been in jeopardy if it had lasted much longer...

Pakhet
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Congratulations on such a fantastic kickstarter, and thanks for thinking about doing it, its such an amazing way of getting WoO out and playable!

and my credit card company thanks you very very much. Sigh.

If we get the Amazon and Trojans in time to paint them up, I know Barry and I are thinking of running a participation/demonstration day at Moab in early October this year.

Then next year, we (well I should say he) will run the first WoO Tournament tin Australia. Hopefully by then, people will be interested again in Wargods. He had to cancel last year because of lack of participants.

Oceanborn
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 8:07 PM
That would be the first tournament with the full WoO rules available in Australia

Anything available before December will probably be permitted for Cancon next year..

Pakhet
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I can see using Helen as one of the heroes in my warband...

Helen, finally sick of the whiny wuss Paris, and not wanting to be caught by her abusive husband Menelaus and dragged back to Sparta, decides to run away and join the Amazons.....

actually no, then Barry would have to convert her to have armour and I wouldn't want to destroy such a beautiful figure.

Akenatum
Posted: Sunday, Jun 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Congratulations on the kick starter success :)

wish i could of done more for it, but i deffinetly hope this leads to a resurgence of wargods and some more games to be played now :)

BlazeXI
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Congratulations and I am mostly happy about exposure to new players and the total of 500+ backers. I can't wait for the final book to see what more is out there to be released

---------------
BlazeXI

lonejedi
Member: 538
Total Posts: 79
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I'm happy with my pledge although my Bank didn't hehe :)

bibopxxx
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Hello,

i can't see Amazons second vague on add-ons for the paypal.

We can't take them?

+

Cavalier1645
Member: 1967
Total Posts: 6
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 03, 2013 at 12:52 AM
It was a great kickstarter. I never played Wargod before but i love the minis. I am sad we didn't make to the Medusa and Cretian pirates. I hope Crocodile offers them as minis to buy. :)...Poke...poke..

SlowLoris
Posted: Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 4:40 AM
So now we're all into the nitty gritty of putting our pledges together I have some questions.

Is the convention that champions are armed with spears and Hero's are armed with hand weapons? I'm thinking I'd like a swordsman unit and want to get a leader figure to match.

Will Olympus units have a musician included like Aegyptus?

When will figures be on general sale from each of the shipping groups?

Cheers

Stu

Jacobus
Member: 958
Total Posts: 11
Posted: Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Is there going to be a way for us to up our pledges if we choose to?

---------------
Moore Power Painting: Bring More Power to Your Game Table...Let Me Paint Your Minis for You! https://www.facebook.com/moorepowerminiaturespainting

hazpak
Posted: Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Jacobus- there is the PayPal option

---------------

Hektor
Posted: Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 11:39 AM Edited on 2013-07-07 11:40:22.0
So, if the Pay Pal option remains open beyond July 20 for add-ons, is it correct that I could add, say an Amazon starter set + shipping and have it shipped separately in October? Do you guys have an idea how long that option is going to stay open?

Only asking because I'd have pledged more initially had the finance minister (a.k.a she who must be obeyed) been willing to approve the funds at the time - a tree fell on our car, go figure. If the add-on ability stays in play, adding additional purchases is very doable, and the memory of the initial pledge amount may begin to fade in someone's mind (shhh, dont' tell her!).

---------------

Alcibia
Posted: Monday, Jul 08, 2013 at 1:05 PM Edited on 2013-07-08 13:06:50.0
double post, sorry.

Alcibia
Posted: Monday, Jul 08, 2013 at 1:05 PM Edited on 2013-07-08 13:09:03.0
and another, I need to use my Pc instead of my phone for these posts.

chopa
Member: 89
Total Posts: 76
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 09, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Just wanna say thanks for the paypal option. Couldn't manage to get any money thrown at the KS, and honestly prefer to send through paypal anyways.

Alcibia
Posted: Thursday, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Surveys due saturday, we going to see any additional 'greens' before then?

marius
Member: 756
Total Posts: 48
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Hi just a quick question,

I've not received a survey and put in my order via Paypal. How are the new paypal orders being handled?

Thanks Dave

Alcibia
Posted: Wednesday, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM
How about an update? are the Trojans and Demi Gods still on tap for September? Amazons in October? Anything you can show us? Amazon peltasts, Hecate etc?

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM Edited on 2013-07-26 20:41:57.0
Marius said:
Hi just a quick question,

I've not received a survey and put in my order via Paypal. How are the new paypal orders being handled?

Thanks Dave

We'll be compiling all the Paypal orders last, once we've gotten all the surveys sorted out. Hopefully we'll be able to get to these in the next week or so - please be patient, we have a lot of data to sort through, and we'll be sure to get to everyone.

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Alcibia said:
How about an update? are the Trojans and Demi Gods still on tap for September? Amazons in October? Anything you can show us? Amazon peltasts, Hecate etc?
Updated posted! Behold the glorious creation of Hephaestus, the clockwork Minotaur!

Update Link

I'm hopeful we'll be able to get the September minis on-time, but it is going to be tight... but we've added several miniatures to the mix (Excusives & and the Automatons) which is a lot of extra scupting work that was not factored into the original estimate. But I'm hard at work on this stuff! I'll be posting more updates as I go, and I've set up a sculpting thread to show off the new stuff for the Kickstarter as it is finished! Check it out here:

Sculpting Thread

I'll be updating this thread as I go!

--Fitz

marius
Member: 756
Total Posts: 48
Posted: Monday, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Thanks Chris

Have got the email and filled it out.

chopa
Member: 89
Total Posts: 76
Posted: Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Any particular timeframe on when the surveys need filled out? Im still waffling on which city to choose.

pyremius
Member: 29
Total Posts: 1531
Posted: Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 6:42 AM
I thought the deadline was two weeks ago. The sooner you get it in, the sooner they can finalize the number of casts needed to fulfill all the pledges.

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 3:59 AM
chopa said:
Any particular timeframe on when the surveys need filled out? Im still waffling on which city to choose.
We're past the deadline, please send them out asap if you have not already. I know there have been a few we have not gotten back yet.

Zebb
Member: 1928
Total Posts: 19
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Hello, It would be nice with some news, even news that there is no news - is news. It might not be the best of news or the most anticipated one, but its most definitely better than no news.

We have invested in your faith, and while I realize you have loads to do and ideas to work out (concept arts, green projects, collecting the orders and other ideas - maybe even marketing) we need information as well. The thing is you were very active during the kickstarter, and it was great and very very good. But that sets the bar - and as much as I like Chris sculptures, I would have gone in for less if you were less active and less open to ideas - now though it's like you have dropped off the earth. Hecate was supposed to be shown at the end of the campaign, we still haven't seen her, if you manage concept arts, or half done greens of figures - show them! I am sure we all have an understanding that things take longer than expected. And it will give us ideas for input or changes at an early stage, rather than at the end realize something else could have been done. Prime example of this approach "Avatars of War" (sorry to bring up another company) that usually puts up a green where weapon options can be scrutinized and added or even changed same for other details.

Don't get me wrong, I love the project, I long to play it properly, to hold the models in my hand, as I think all of us do. But right now I think a lot of us just want a pic and a few snippets of info how things are going!

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Zebb said:
Hello, It would be nice with some news, even news that there is no news - is news. It might not be the best of news or the most anticipated one, but its most definitely better than no news.

We have invested in your faith, and while I realize you have loads to do and ideas to work out (concept arts, green projects, collecting the orders and other ideas - maybe even marketing) we need information as well. The thing is you were very active during the kickstarter, and it was great and very very good. But that sets the bar - and as much as I like Chris sculptures, I would have gone in for less if you were less active and less open to ideas - now though it's like you have dropped off the earth. Hecate was supposed to be shown at the end of the campaign, we still haven't seen her, if you manage concept arts, or half done greens of figures - show them! I am sure we all have an understanding that things take longer than expected. And it will give us ideas for input or changes at an early stage, rather than at the end realize something else could have been done. Prime example of this approach "Avatars of War" (sorry to bring up another company) that usually puts up a green where weapon options can be scrutinized and added or even changed same for other details.

Don't get me wrong, I love the project, I long to play it properly, to hold the models in my hand, as I think all of us do. But right now I think a lot of us just want a pic and a few snippets of info how things are going!

Hey Zebb, there's no reason to worry -- sculpting can be a long process, some figures literally take weeks to complete. Hecate is one of these, she has a lot of fine little details that are quite time-intensive to do. She is nearly at the 'presentable' stage, so I'll be showing her off on the sculpting-progress thread this weekend. There are several others currently on the go as well (Dionysus, Oracle, Helen), and I'll show these off in the next few weeks as they get wrapped up.

boltman201
Member: 1342
Total Posts: 79
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Thanks for the update Fitz. I know you got a ton on your plate and will deliver beautiful models. We are just super excited and eager to see the new units and even more excited to field them on the game table. Keep up the fantastic work and thanks ahead of time for the future updates.

Greg

Zebb
Member: 1928
Total Posts: 19
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 12:38 PM Edited on 2013-08-09 17:12:03.0
It's not that I am worried Fitz, I am just as Greg said excited. It is though better to get some news rather than no news - news sells things as well, as it generates interests even if there is half done sculpt or concept art. You remember how much talk there was after the campaign, in a few different forums, that has since died out and nothing new that generate interests.

It is just the fact that I want you to succeed, partially for egoistic reasons at it means more players, but also for you - as you always have been sculpting my favorite models.

I appreciate the update, and I am not worried just to clarify, I also know from my own experience that sometimes I'd rather not say anything instead of saying nothing has happened. But I have also realized that it's more often than not, the wrong road to go. News always wins - even that there is nothing to report :)

redben
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Whilst I personally don't mind waiting for updates, it's worth taking a look at how Mierce Miniatures have handled their post-KS strategy. They're a small company who had a KS campaign that ended in March which raised a similar amount to WarGods of Olympus. They've made sure that at least one staff member is on the KS comments page every day, even if it's just for a few minutes. It's kept a core of the backers talking to each other to the extent they now have over 12,000 comments on the page. They also send an update out every week, even if all they have to show is a lump of half-formed greenstuff. The overall effect has been to keep the interest up ahead of a second KS beginning next month.

spartan
Member: 311
Total Posts: 65
Posted: Friday, Aug 09, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Redben I don't see how Mierce miniatures has anything to do with what Chris does , First Mierce has at least 5 sculpters and quite a few employees. While Chris has Debs and maybe 2 other people , Chris is sculpting the Amazons ,Trojans ,all the demigods and automatons,about 32 miniatures that have to be done by September,also he is play testing taking pictures for the Olympus book and if that's not enough he still has to run the day to day business as well. Cut the man some slack.

Jon

BlazeXI
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 1:28 AM
+1 to Spartan.

Though a monthly picture of greens sculpted would be nice.

---------------
BlazeXI

redben
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Mierce are not a big company, albeit they do utilise more sculpters. That wasn't really my point. The point was that they made an effort to engage their KS base on an ongoing basis following the completion of the campaign and still do so five months after the campaign has ended. It doesn't require much, just a comment or two on the KS comments page each day and an update every couple of weeks, but it pays big dividends.

At the time of writing there is an 8 day old comment and a 20 hour old comment on the KS comments page asking questions that haven't been answered by CG. Not every backer of the KS is here following the forums so the KS page is CG's best way of keeping those customers engaged. Where is the incentive for them to keep checking the KS page if there are no comments made by CG? If weekly WIP shots take too much time then try and do one WIP shot for each new mini and put it in an update. It'll pay dividends because it'll maintain the enthusiasm that the KS campaign generated in those customers. All of the points I made at the start of the campaign about what KS can do for a company are just as valid here.

spartan
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I got your point and your sage business advise,but you seem to have missed mine CG works hard and there product s and rules are of excellent quality, I have been wargaming some 30 odd years and Chris's phalanx rules are genius and his METAL miniatures are clean and first class. And I prefer great rules and excellent miniatures too a whole bunch of comments and fine cast crap that melts at over eighty degrees. As I said Cut Chris some some slack.

Jon

redben
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I didn't miss yours, I was picking up on the lack of time element to show that it can be done without it taking up much time. And if you think that product without effective marketing is sufficient then that's your perogative. I'd like to see WarGods reach the audience it deserves.

powerfrog99
Member: 1916
Total Posts: 75
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I am waiting for morsel of information or a few shots of the latest sculptings too. I'm following the Mierce stuff and it looks like some work to do that much, but on 30th of June a comment on the kickstarter from Croc was: "Thanks everyone for your support, encouragement, constant friendly banter and kind comments. You have made our first Kickstarter project a most enjoyable one - chris and I really appreciate it. We plan on making weekly updates as much as possible :-) Thanks again!

--Debs"

Maybe that comment was taken as a kind of promise led rise the expectations to a too high level? I am still eager to see the progress, and I have never before spent so much time on the internet for one particular project. Cheers Thomas

---------------
Want to see painted Croc minis? Take a look at http://www.dieplatt.de or check out my Gallery at http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

spartan
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Redben I don't know you,we have never met,this might be a cultural difference or an age difference but IMO you are being rude by telling someone you don't know how to run there business .

Please don't take this as an invitation to try and explain your position, I hope you take this with a grain of salt and just drop it

PM me if you must Jon

Azaghal
Member: 87
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
[De-lurking]

I have to say that I agree 100% with Redben on this.

I have been playing Wargods since the very first edition, and while I love the game - and think Chris is one of the best sculptors out there, it has always been a mystery to me that Croc doesn't prioritise communications higher. The track record of Croc on this point is not very good, sadly.

Most of the people on this forum - and indeed most of the people backing the kickstarter are junkies for information. Feed us :-)

The long periods of silence is bad business.

Updates, greens, a photo of the workbench, or anything really, create suspense and interest and keep us comming back. Silence kills interest. And it simply is not that hard or time consuming to do.

The quote from Debs that Powerfrog quoted was something I took as fantastic news, but I admit that I feel a bit dissapointed on the level of information so far.

Finally, I fail to see how Redben is rude in any way? He is giving advice - good and respectful advice - to Chris and Debs, and I think it is problematic if this forum should be for "whee - what a fantastic game" comments only.

Wargods is the best game of its kind, and has some of the coolest minis (and Chris and Debs seem to be some of the nicest people in the industry) , but asking for a weekly or bi-weekly update, and suggesting that a small amount of time is spent on the kickstarter comments page is in no way rude. It is helpful!

All the best (and please feed me, Croc), Kasper from Denmark

[re-lurking]

rupshall
Member: 100
Total Posts: 43
Posted: Saturday, Aug 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM Edited on 2013-08-10 15:06:28.0
I just want to add I also agree with Redben, and I cannot see how he was rude in any way? The post was very respectful, and in my opinion warranted.

I've been a Croc fan and supporter since first edition also and I mirror Azaghal's post.

Chris and Debs have always been wonderful to deal with, the best, but I fail to see how it is rude to want more information.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Aug 11, 2013 at 2:09 AM Edited on 2013-08-11 04:20:14.0
Hey guys,

Please, let's not argue about any of this. I don't think the requests for more images & updates are rude - our backers have provided a huge amount of support, money, and enthusiasm for this project, so it is natural to want to see progress. Yes, I'm juggling a lot of things at the moment, but it's clear I need to sneak away from the sculpting desk more often to keep you guys informed.

On commenting here, let's all remember that it is easy to take posts on forums in ways that the author did not intend. Let's please keep this friendly and all stay on the same side here.

Osiris
Posted: Sunday, Aug 11, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Hecate is now up in the sculpting thread!

Check her out here:

Sculpting thread.

GarethPannan
Member: 2007
Total Posts: 63
Posted: Tuesday, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Well said Chris. If given the choice I'd love to have updates every day but that's silly and impractical! With minis this good - I'm happy to wait for when its possible for Chris to sneek away to send us an update! : )

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Well said Chris. If given the choice I'd love to have updates every day but that's silly and impractical! With minis this good - I'm happy to wait for when its possible for Chris to sneek away to send us an update! : )

GarethPannan
Posted: Tuesday, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Sorry, double post! Eep

geebranz
Member: 24901
Total Posts: 231
Posted: Saturday, Mar 19, 2022 at 10:04 AM
dotuylyp
Member: 25999
Total Posts: 2
Posted: Monday, Jul 04, 2022 at 2:51 AM
the gartic phone is a priority in my game selection. Playing Gartic is a great way to waste time and have fun. If you are looking for an easy game to play with friends, Gartic is a great choice.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy