Board » Croc Events

Posted By Topic » Wargods of Olympus at KublaCon
Tjaroy
Group: Site Member
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Hey All I will be running a Demo game at KublaCon in San Francisco CA, USA on Saturday May 26th at 7pm.

They Shall Not Pass

Xerxes the King of the Titans has finally escape Tartarus and has gathered a vast horde of Titans and Monsters and now marches on the city state of Sparta. Xerxes knows that Sparta is the strongest city in Hellas and if Sparta falls to Xerxes the rest of the city states will easily be conquered. To this end Xerxes intents to make an example out of Sparta, he orders that all adult males shall be killed while the females and children shall be consumed as food.

The Sparta King Tychedes II has forced marched his personnel guard to Mount Helicon he must hold back the Titan horde until King Leonidas can return with the main army. Tychedes task will be difficult for Mount Helicon has two passes that lead down unto the plains of Sparta and both must be protected.

Come and play Wargods of Olympus will you command the mighty Xerxes. Or will you defend the Spartan homeland. All figures and supplies provided.

Hope to see you All

SoCal Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Sounds like that will be very fun. Post lots of pictures please?

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I'll be in NY, wish I could be there...

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Tjaroy
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Just a reminder Guys & Gals next week I will be hosting a Wargods of Olympus game at KublaCon San Fran.

The game starts at 7:pm on Saturday May 25th, have room for 6 players. Come on out and have some fun.

Thanks SoCal Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

Swiss Toni
King of Troy
Member: 79
Total Posts: 159
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Hi Tony,

I'll be there.

Ian

Tjaroy
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM Edited on 2013-05-29 22:17:20.0
What a battle we had at KublaCon over the Holiday Weekend. A Spartan Warband led by King Tychedes and including his personal bodyguard The Sons of Sparta tried to defeat the Titan invaders.

But this was no ordinary Titan Warband these Titans were led by the King of Titans Xerxes himself.

In the early turns the Spartan Slingers & Archers rained death on to the Titan Warband killing their Manticore, Chimera and the Titan Herder. But Sticks and Stones cannot defeat a Titan Warband by themselves. And once the Titans got in to melee the Spartan started to give ground.

Soon the game came down to the Sons of Sparta and Xerxes. First Xerxes ate the Sparta Hero and next routed the Sons of Sparta which also held the Herald. With the Herald routing many of the other Spartan unit broke.

On the last turn the game came down to who would win the edge. If Tychedes could win he would charge the Titan King from the rear. If Xerxes won he would fast advance off the table edge. With each Warband having one Ka left each would reroll the edge if they lost. But the King of the Titans rolled a ten on the edge roll and the Son Zeus could only watch as the Xerxes ran off the table.

The game was a lot of fun and the Titans just barely won with only Xerxes and two Slaves left standing.

The Titan Warband was 2500 points and the Spartans 2200 points. The Titan players had more points but Zeus had sent the Spartans a mighty gift, Matt the God of Dice.

Over and over again Matt would shoot the Slingers and Archer needing 9's &10's to hit and would score 7 hits out of 12 dice. It was an amazing run of good luck & rolling. But not only could Matt shoot but he could also make armor saves.

Great fun was had by all and each player got an Event Mini and the Winners rulebooks.

The rules for Xerxes the Manticore, Chimera and the Titan Beast Herder are my own play test rules and are not official.

I hope to get pictures up of the game but I still am having trouble uploading pictures to the forum.

I also want to thank Ian (Swiss Toni) for coming all the way from Sweden to play.

Cheers SoCal Tony

---------------

Swiss Toni
King of Troy
Member: 79
Total Posts: 159
Posted: Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Hey Tony,

Thanks again for organising and hosting this. Great game, and fantastic painted minatures and scenery too. This was a great intro to the Olympus world. I have some pictures, which I'll send to you when I get back home.

Any chance of posting your homebrew rules here ?

See you same time same place next year.

Swedish Toni

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy