Board » Aegyptus

Posted By Topic » New Miniatures for Aegyptus
Ducat
Group: Site Member
Member: 768
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Sunday, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:24 AM
I finally managed to pick up the new Heru warriors set, and am painting them up at the moment. Awesome figures with some great little details on them. I think some of the best heru yet, thanks Chris.

What I did want to ask, was if there are any new stuff planned for the Aegyptus lines this year? knowing you are hard pushed at the moment with the greeks rules and the barage of requests from the greek players, and the efforts atm to get the wendigo book out(which sounds like its coming into place for you finally) I dont expect any hard and fast answer, just a "hopefully you might get" would be good.

Also are there any new Hero options in the works? as these seem to be the major defficiency to most of the figure ranges on the whole, most armys only seeming to have one basic hero model available(apart from Asar who have a decent amount and Basti who seem to have a whole wealth of heroic figures). Both my Heru and Anubi Harbingers hope there may be some news on this front.

Cheers, John F.

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Sunday, Nov 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM
New Aegyptus minis that are planned for next year include Warband Starter Sets for the To-Tanem, Khemru, and Anubi. Note, these will not contain all-new miniatures, but any of the new minis in the sets will be available on our online store for the 6 weeks after the set's release, so that players who already have some of the minis in the set don't have to buy a bunch of extra stuff. It's too early to say when these will be ready.

There are also a few suprises planned, especially around the summer, as we'll be celebrating the Croc's 10th anniversary then.

If you are looking for a Heru Hero, do you have the original Heru Hero sculpted by Ben Siens? (It is pointing, and has a Pole Arm). The mini is discontinued, but Debs may have a couple in the bins, if you want one.

Wyatt the Odd
Member: 1073
Total Posts: 135
Posted: Sunday, Nov 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM
I have one of the Heru hero figs if Debs can't find one.

Wyatt

drunkendwarf
Member: 99
Total Posts: 69
Posted: Monday, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:51 AM
I'm looking for the khemru harbringer with shield, I think it has been discontinued 3 years ago. Maybe this one is also in the bins?

DJ

Ducat
Member: 768
Posted: Monday, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:15 PM
An exciting reply there, thanks for the top news Osiris.

Osiris
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:00 AM
Wyatt the Odd said:
I have one of the Heru hero figs if Debs can't find one.

Wyatt

This mini will be coming back with thee Khemru deal, and he'll be briefly available singly for a few weeks when the deal comes out.

drunkendwarf
Member: 99
Total Posts: 69
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 30, 2010 at 4:19 AM
Thanks for your answer, I will be watching the site so I won't miss it (I have all the Khemru I need, except this one).

DJ

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Tuesday, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:52 PM
OOOOOoooooo new Anubi minis, YES PLEASE!

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Dreadaxe
Member: 38
Total Posts: 1036
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 01, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Anubi Spearmen please ;)

---------------
Dreadaxe
WarGods_Fr : Y!G | Blog | Photo Gallery
Map player locator T³

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Posted: Thursday, Dec 02, 2010 at 8:18 AM
And an Anubi Master of Words would be great as well.

rabbitz
Member: 784
Total Posts: 52
Posted: Thursday, Dec 02, 2010 at 5:46 PM
I would just like to see alternative hero / unit leader figures for any and all the races.

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Thursday, Dec 02, 2010 at 8:37 PM
I agree with rabbitz, variety is the spice of life!

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Wyatt the Odd
Posted: Saturday, Dec 04, 2010 at 2:03 AM
Do I get to claim at least partial credit for being the one to suggest the use of the out of production miniatures to make the Khemru and other starter packs?

Actually, I want to know if the old KH-202 Harbinger of Khanum with mace and shield (seen here: http://thebarkingcrocodile.blogspot.com ) will be briefly available as a separate figure.

Wyatt

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Saturday, Dec 04, 2010 at 9:16 AM
Since we are talking new figures, I want to suggest creating miniatures to represent the Harbingers at the Fall of Abydos, these are premier Harbingers of Aegyptus, so no additional rules need to be written. An-puat of the Shadowy Cloak, Neith the White Huntress, Ireqai the Spear Slayer, etc.

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Dec 04, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Wyatt the Odd said:
Do I get to claim at least partial credit for being the one to suggest the use of the out of production miniatures to make the Khemru and other starter packs?

Actually, I want to know if the old KH-202 Harbinger of Khanum with mace and shield (seen here: http://thebarkingcrocodile.blogspot.com ) will be briefly available as a separate figure.

Wyatt

Absolutely, Wyatt -- in the words of the great Stan Lee, you shall receive the coveted No-Prize!

But seriously, yes, that's the one that will be a part of the set, and he'll be available online for a while once the set is released.

Wyatt the Odd
Posted: Saturday, Dec 04, 2010 at 12:46 PM
"No-Prize"?

Cool! I'd totally love a figure of Odysseus as "No-Man" (the encounter with the cyclops)

I'll be looking forward to getting the alternate harbinger.

Thanks

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy