Board » Miniature Painting, Conversions and Scenery

Posted By Topic » How to post a photo?
Kiljoy
Group: Site Member
Member: 144
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I have been on the forums for a long time and I don't remember posting any photos. So I thought I would add a few but can't work out the easiest way to do it? Is there any instructions? Paul

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
The forum does not currently support image uploads. It is something we are hoping to add eventually.

In the meantime, just add your photos to a free online image service like Photobucket or Imageshack, and use the link there when making your post on this forum.

Hope this helps!

Kiljoy
Posted: Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Thanks Chris, Now to take some photos then have a crack at adding them. Can I add them from Facebook or a blog which I just might start?

Osiris
Posted: Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Kiljoy said:
Thanks Chris, Now to take some photos then have a crack at adding them. Can I add them from Facebook or a blog which I just might start?
I think that as long as you link to the photo's actual web location you'll be fine.

Hecate
Croc Administration
Member: 559
Total Posts: 355
Posted: Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Also you probably know this already, but I thought I might mention it

Be sure to use the picture link button on the reply window. The one that looks like a polariod picture. By using this it will make sure you have the correct coding for the forum, just copy and paste the URL into the source box.

Kiljoy
Posted: Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Thanks Hecate I didn't know that will give it a go.

Osiris
Posted: Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Here's how you do it in a little more detail:

Click the little icon that looks like a Polaroid photo. A window that says 'Source' will show up.

Copy and paste the web location of the photo you want to use into the box of the Source window. (The web location begins with http:/)

Click OK. Another screen will come up that says "Alternative Text', this one allows you to label the photo. Type whatever you want to call the photo here, then click OK.

The photo is now attached to the post. You can keep typing, and when you are done with the post, click 'Post Reply'.

That should do it!

--Fitz

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy