Board » Croc Events

Posted By Topic » Wargods at MOAB?
Offler
Group: Site Member
Member: 334
Total Posts: 236
Posted: Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 4:47 AM Edited on 2012-06-07 04:48:34.0
I just got an email from the convenors for MOAB in October, and it appears that Wargods has been given the flick. They apparently want to run less numerous competitions for more public participation games.

Did anybody speak to them and try to get Wargods a spot, or is this just a fait accompli by the MOAB organisers?

(A pity if so as I was hoping to make my return to the game at that event.)

And does this mean, after the no go show at Leviathon, that the only Wargods' tournament left in Australasia is the fading numbers of CANCON?

---------------
Off with the Pharoahs at the bottom of the garden ...

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Don't forget the no-show at last years MOAB.

The MOAB organisers did drop me an email but after two washouts, I was and am feeling very discouraged and abandoned and didn't get back to them.

A 'return' last year might have been more timely.

Also, numbers for Cancon seem to be holding up pretty well. I would hardly call it fading.

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I can completely understand Barry's position here - it is discouraging to both organiser and players when we don't have people turning up for the tournaments, regretably last year I was unable to make MOAB due to family commitments, and Leviathan has always been a difficult tournament for me to get to because of the timing.

Cancon numbers are holding up, and I'm hoping that next year the availability of the Spartan and Mycenean rules will bring a few more people in (although I am currently on hiatus from running tournaments).

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:32 AM
looking forward to cancon myself plan to be returing with wargods there for 2013, that said it depends on acomodation costs. and travel costs as to weather or not i'll be able to make it.

Offler
Member: 334
Total Posts: 236
Posted: Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Good about CANCON. The use of the adjective was derived from reports talking about numbers being down, so it's good if it can maintain itself, let alone possibly grow.

I'm actually selling off all of my wargames gear as I'm now very heavily involved with the GWS Giants of the AFL and that level of sport demands an amazingly heavy time committment from March to September. I decided to hang on to my Wargods' stuff as the three potential tournaments all fall in the off-season, when I'll be looking for something to entertain me in those accursed summer months .

Actually, come to think of it, my Giants' involvement should lead me to playing Titans, huh?

---------------
Off with the Pharoahs at the bottom of the garden ...

Alligator
Member: 1784
Total Posts: 1
Posted: Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Aha like that way

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy