Board » Olympus

Posted By Topic » Croc Tales 7 - Comments
Fenrihr
Group: Site Member
Member: 92
Total Posts: 144
Posted: Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Given that 100% of Aegyptus warbands can potentially be missile armed models?

---------------
Morituri Nolumus Mori.. - ..we who are about to die don't want to

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Just need to fight in the shade....

elpasopete
Member: 126
Total Posts: 81
Posted: Friday, Jun 08, 2012 at 6:07 PM Edited on 2012-06-09 09:50:21.0
Fenrihr said:
Given that 100% of Aegyptus warbands can potentially be missile armed models?
Not pretty when Titans take on Aegyptus warbands. The World Campaign Finals at GenCon proved that out.

Maybe Slaves should be allowed to throw things too.

Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Osiris said:
Alex is pretty close in his assessment above. We're not going to call them Nazis, but they were pretty close on some accounts.

Yay for me!

I'm glad my speculation was close for the Spartans. I've always seen them as the sort of people you'd be REALLY glad to have fighting on your side (or on your behalf, against, say, the Titans or foreign invaders), but they're not the sort of people you'd want as neighbors.

I loved that movie (and comic!) "300", but as much I think it was it was bloody pulpy-y fun, it doesn't represent the way I think Spartans should be portrayed in Wargods.

I'll echo the above comments regarding the outcast warbands - that sounds like a LOT of fun. A Harbinger, a smattering of assorted troops, maybe a monster/pet? Hellz yeah.

Like I need an excuse to by a broad variety of miniatures... :)

-Alex

Offler
Member: 334
Total Posts: 236
Posted: Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 6:58 PM
I have no problems with Wargods only bearing the vaguest of relevance to Ancient Greece (or Egypt for that matter). This is a set of fantasy rules, and I play fantasy because twenty something years of "serious" historical gaming (meaning that I was so stupidly pretentious as to hold fantasy/ sf players in complete contempt) came to an end in the '90s when I finally accepted the absolute fact that historical wargaming is anything but.

I thoroughly enjoyed Croc Tales 7, and despite once swearing never to be tempted by Olympus, I now am completely. However, my inclination is to play Athens, Troy or the Amazons. With the track record of Croc in terms of speed of releases, this means that I may be in for quite a bit of a wait to actually spend any sort of money on the game.

All due kudos for yet another brilliantly written set of rules.

---------------
Off with the Pharoahs at the bottom of the garden ...

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM Edited on 2012-06-13 20:34:15.0
Thanks for everyone's help finding all the little errors and omissions. I've now added them all into the original document, so the new Croc Tales download should be correct. If you have already downloaded the first draft, please download the new one and delete your old one! As an added incentive, there are even a few new pieces of art in there by Des Hanley!

I've also reworked the Sparta background, to clear up some of the confusion that was caused by the original draft. The new background presents their culture in a more direct manner, we hope you'll approve!

CROC TALES 7

RatBot
Member: 1480
Total Posts: 14
Posted: Thursday, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Didn't see the first version of this, but the current one looks excellent. I'm thrilled to see this finally see the light of day. Looking forward to watching Wargods of Olympus (and Wargods, in general) expand!

Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Thursday, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Under the "Strategos" entry, page 27, paragraph 2, it reads:

"If his vision fades to much to discern..."

I think that's a typo, it should be "If his vision fades too much to discern...."

-Alex

Fenrihr
Member: 92
Total Posts: 144
Posted: Sunday, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Ummm... did archer and slinger heros and champions intentionally only have one wound each?

---------------
Morituri Nolumus Mori.. - ..we who are about to die don't want to

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Sunday, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Probably :-P

My guess would be that they should be 2 and 3 respectively (and that is what I will be giving them when I get around to doing the spreadsheet...)

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Monday, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Oceanborn said:
Probably :-P

My guess would be that they should be 2 and 3 respectively (and that is what I will be giving them when I get around to doing the spreadsheet...)

Thanks for spotting the extra errors, guys. I'll get an update posted for all these on Wednesday.

Any of you guys have a presence on other gaming forums and websites? We could really use some help spreading the word. If you'd like to help, please send me a PM or an email, and you will instantly be admitted to the Cool Crocs Club!

Thanks,

--Fitz

Mordante
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Monday, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM
We've spread the word to the local Wargaming groups in San Diego on local forums, and I push the game to everyone I see. I've also cammented about the game on Garagehammer's forum, a popular Warhammer podcast. After seeing what Mantic was able to do recently, I strongly suggest a Kickstarter campaign, if the effort can be put in to have it be well run and handled like they did it.

Anything else I can do, let me know what you have in mind.

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Chris,

After you get the new round of edits done I will post it on the Lead Adventures forum. I will also try a couple of local forums as well at that point.

Has anyone posted anything on TMP yet? I rarely go there and I don't think I have ever posted there so I am not in the loop on that one so much.

As far as other ways to push the Croc i will work up a post later with questions about running demos to get the ideas of more experienced Wargods players. It has been a long time since I have run demos for people I do not know so I am a bit rusty, and as far as actual playing time with Wargods still a newb on many levels.

Beyond those ideas I am drawing a blank here except one thing. Does anyone have any pull with the Bell of Lost Souls people? They seem to be moving towards being much more inclusive, so getting someone there to do a review of CT7, some of the miniatures, or the game in general would be great.

SKicks
Member: 1708
Total Posts: 10
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Off the top of my head, a couple good sites to try are:

Robot Viking The guy also writes for Gawker media, so there is some cross-pollination there.

Reddit There are wargaming sub-reddits. Discussion level ranges from insightful to stuff a Sebeki leaves after a large dinner. However, if something goes viral there, you're going to get 60K views easily.

Tjaroy
Member: 23
Total Posts: 423
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Chris

I plan on running Demo games at Strategicon which is held at LAX on Labor Day weekend. So all you Socal Wargods players you are invited for some great Olympus games.

If enough guys will show maybe a mini campaign even.

Socal Tony

---------------
Tjaroy the Fist of Ptah Champion of Sobek(SF05), Champion of Amun(TX05), Champion of Bast (TX05), Champion of Bast(SF06) Sasobek the Devouer of the Weak, Defender of Khepri (GenCon07), Champion of Ra(GenCon07)

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Thursday, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM
I can make a post on wargamerau and if you go with a kickstarter I'll definetly be putting it up on there

Asian Sensation
Member: 788
Total Posts: 113
Posted: Friday, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Chris,

Any recommendations on how to produce the skirted Hoplon Spartan shields for the Spartan "Intimidation" Battle Honors modeling requirement? Thanks!

Respectfully, KEVIN

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy