Board » Croc Events

Posted By Topic » Cancon 2011
Nebseni Hammerhand
Group: Site Member
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Friday, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM
There are now a few photos of the sebeki hippo chariots in Miniatures and Painting...

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Friday, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:34 PM
For reference, Leviathan will be 16th/17th April (A week after the discworld convention)

I'll probably be continuing the storyline from MOAB last year, the Kharga oasis is still in peril.

sandfly
The Wizard of Oz
Member: 33
Total Posts: 1467
Posted: Saturday, Jan 29, 2011 at 1:59 AM
Well done running the event OB.... I know it would have been great... I most sincerely regret that it could be a couple of years yet before I get to attend another Cancon - or any Aussie tournie for that matter - as I could be dropping anchor in Poland for the next couple of years.

Zepnix Wargames
Member: 1102
Total Posts: 67
Posted: Saturday, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Fenrihr said:
... I do have to admit that this last game was pure luck, not skill... and Tim was robbed. He couldn’t roll an armour save on his Overlord to save himself – even with the help of Defy Fate... and then he couldn’t pass a single route save. Just to add insult to injury all my chariots happened to be only inches from his army and on charge orders... it was a bit of a do-or-die moment for my army ... and I was expecting to do a lot of dying.
Tim weren't robbed... he deserves every last bit of loss he can squeeze out of a tournament.... heh heh heh heh....

---------------
-- Zepnix Wargames : The BEST supplier of Wargaming and Hobby Supplies in country Victoria www.zepnix.com - "Ivory (VP918), it's the new white!"

Zepnix Wargames
Posted: Saturday, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Also- looking at anything for Wintercon in canberra? - they're asking me if I'm interested in a trader space there... if there's a Wargods comp to support- I think I'll make the effort...

---------------
-- Zepnix Wargames : The BEST supplier of Wargaming and Hobby Supplies in country Victoria www.zepnix.com - "Ivory (VP918), it's the new white!"

Zepnix Wargames
Posted: Saturday, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:32 PM
And Fenrihr - Sebeki skirmishers... nice... - any pix? - have had some ideas about converting some differently armed Sebeki... (those damned two handed hammers precluding skirmish formation- and so many of the sculpts would require more resculpting than I can be bothered with).

---------------

Fenrihr
Member: 92
Total Posts: 144
Posted: Sunday, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:40 AM
Sorry, no pics handy (might see if I can do something about that)... although the conversions were pretty simple - basically little more than just a weapon swap.

I clipped off the two handed weapons, replacing them with a hand weapon (mostly maces from the weapons packs) and suitably oversized shields. There was some minor arm repositioning as well - which was done by twisting wrists and elbows rather than cutting.

---------------
Morituri Nolumus Mori.. - ..we who are about to die don't want to

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Sunday, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:18 AM
Not sure about wintercon at this stage - we'll have a chat locally to see what we can figure out

I may make it up to Leviathan this year, depends on what else is happening for me, although I would like to get there with the wendigo :-)

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Tuesday, Feb 01, 2011 at 3:02 AM
Levi should be good for me 2 weekends before i go to europe so hoping for some fun :)

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Thursday, Feb 03, 2011 at 11:46 PM
rats - i'm in NZ when Leviathon is on

Oh well maybe MOAB

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Wednesday, Feb 09, 2011 at 2:08 PM
For those who didn't get one at the event, I've got the rest of the event minis (actually arrived last week but it's been a busy time at work and I've been pretty stuffed in the evenings)

There are 4 off 2010 - Totanem Artifex, 2 off 2009 Mysterious Stranger and 2 off 2007 Basti gamers

If you didn't get an event mini at Cancon, post a message here with which one you want. First come best dressed. Then we'll work out how to get them to you depending on where you are. :)

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy