Board » Croc Events

Posted By Topic » Cancon 2011
Nebseni Hammerhand
Group: Site Member
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Tuesday, Oct 05, 2010 at 4:48 AM
Wargods of Aegyptus (by Crocodile Games)

"Aegyptus is in turmoil as brother fights brother. Driven on by the unfathomable passions of the Harbingers - themselves avatars of godly power - warbands of warriors meet each other in deadly combat upon the arid sands of their teetering homeland. Aegyptus faces threat from not only foreign barbarians to the north and vile exiles to the south but also the insidious arrival of the Undead consuming everything in their path. Yet the biggest threat of all lies in their own internal squabbling, fuelled by the ambitions and egos of the Harbingers and the power-mongering of the Priesthood, which daily weakens the country as the throne of Pharaoh remains empty."

A Wargods of Aegyptus tournament over 2 days.

Mark by email: wargodsact@yahoo.com.au

Tournament details: The tournament will be run in 6 rounds over 2 days. Warbands can be up to, and not exceeding, 1500pts (following all the restrictions as per the Rulebook), using any rules (including Hyperborea and Olympus) published up to 23 December 2010. Harbingers (or equivalents) may start at Ka 2 (or equivalent). Equipment should be close to What You See Is What You Get (Armour may be one grade higher than appears on the mini, all weapons should be correctly represented except Javelins & Throwing-clubs). Warband lists must be submitted to the organiser prior to the event. Random elements will be generated by the organiser on submission of the list and be the same across the tournament. Heavy armour may not be taken in combination with a shield. Light armour will be an advantage in some scenarios. Ka levels may be acquired throughout the tournament via victory in Provocation (as per the Rulebook). Acquired Ka powers will be determined randomly by the organiser. Where the player does not bring the miniature(s) for particular powers (e.g. Favoured of Bast) they will get the lowest numbered power they do not already have. Additional information will be posted to the Crocodile Games forums at http://www.crocodilegames.com/newforum Prizes will be awarded for: Champion of Ra : awarded to the player with the highest combination of final Ka rating, "battle" score, "sportsmanship" score & "aesthetic" score. First and second will be awarded for this, with third also awarded if there are sufficient entries. Champion of Bast : this will cover overall aesthetics from the perspective of painting, conversions and theme. To be eligible for this prize, 90% of the mini's must be fully painted and based and at least 75% of the mini's must be Crocodile Games miniatures. Bringer of Tranquil Waters: Awarded to the player with the lowest combined casualties. Champion of Horus and other prizes will be awarded if sufficient entries are received. A player will be eligible to win one prize only. Prizes supplied by Zepnix Wargames and Canberra Games Society

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Wednesday, Oct 06, 2010 at 2:52 AM Edited on 2010-10-06 20:46:04.0
Quick update to make the details a bit easier to read - I will post more information in the next few days.

Just realised that the date and location information are missing:

Cancon 2011 is 22-24 January 2011, Canberra, ACT, Australia. The Wargods tournament is running on Saturday and Sunday.

Tournament details:

• The tournament will be run in 6 rounds over 2 days.
  • Warbands can be up to, and not exceeding, 1500pts (following all the restrictions as per the Rulebook), using any rules (including Hyperborea and Olympus) published up to 23 December 2010.
  • Harbingers (or equivalents) may start at Ka 2 (or equivalent).
  • Equipment should be close to What You See Is What You Get (Armour may be one grade higher than appears on the mini, all weapons should be correctly represented except Javelins & Throwing-clubs).
  • Warband lists must be submitted to the organiser prior to the event. Random elements will be generated by the organiser on submission of the list and be the same across the tournament.
  • Heavy armour may not be taken in combination with a shield. Light armour will be an advantage in some scenarios.
  • Ka levels may be acquired throughout the tournament via victory in Provocation (as per the Rulebook). Acquired Ka powers will be determined randomly by the organiser. Where the player does not bring the miniature(s) for particular powers (e.g. Favoured of Bast) they will get the lowest numbered power they do not already have.

Prizes will be awarded for:

• Champion of Ra : awarded to the player with the highest combination of final Ka rating, "battle" score, "sportsmanship" score & "aesthetic" score. First and second will be awarded for this, with third also awarded if there are sufficient entries.
  • Champion of Bast : this will cover overall aesthetics from the perspective of painting, conversions and theme. To be eligible for this prize, 90% of the mini's must be fully painted and based and at least 75% of the mini's must be Crocodile Games miniatures.
  • Bringer of Tranquil Waters: Awarded to the player with the lowest combined casualties (i.e. both causes the least casualties and suffers the least casualties).
  • Champion of Horus and other prizes will be awarded if sufficient entries are received. A player will be eligible to win one prize only.
  • Prizes supplied by Zepnix Wargames

Oceanborn
Posted: Thursday, Oct 07, 2010 at 2:18 AM Edited on 2010-10-10 04:39:27.0
First detailed update for this event, providing reasons why Light armour will be an advantage in some scenarios.

Water rules for specific scenarios

• Movement rules remain as per the rulebook
  • Models wearing heavy armour may not voluntarily enter water. Any model in heavy armour entering water is removed as a casualty
  • Models wearing medium armour may voluntarily enter water.
    • Any unit in medium armour in water must make a move save against their base move each turn they are moving through water
    • The unit suffers the number of wounds that the save is failed by. These wounds may be saved by a discipline check using the lowest discipline in the unit
  • Models in light armour are not affected by any special rules regarding water
  • These rules affect all races, including Sebeki

Heat rules for specific scenarios

• Models in light armour are not affected by the heat
  • Models in medium armour may not move more than their profile move value in consecutive turns (i.e. may not Fast advance 2 turns in a row, may not charge more than their move distance 2 turns in a row)
  • Models in medium armour do not get the +1 bonus to att. rating for charging in the front
  • Models in medium armour only get +1 to their attack rating when charging the flank or rear. They still get the additional attack for a rear charge
  • Models in heavy armour may not move further than their profile move value
  • Models in heavy armour are at -1 to attack rating and -1 to discipline
  • Models in heavy armour do not get any bonuses for charging
  • Models mounted on chariots ignore the movement restrictions above
  • These rules affect all races, including Typhon

Please note, these rules may change between now and Cancon, if they do this post will be updated and a new post made to reflect the changes.

Offler
Member: 334
Total Posts: 236
Posted: Friday, Oct 08, 2010 at 6:21 PM Edited on 2010-10-12 03:01:45.0
I'm in, running(/ waddling?) Sebeki!

Barring any unexpected overseas holidays or births/ deaths/ marriages in my wife's quite extensive family.

---------------
Off with the Pharoahs at the bottom of the garden ...

DaveL
Member: 18
Total Posts: 670
Posted: Saturday, Oct 09, 2010 at 8:32 AM Edited on 2010-10-09 08:32:50.0
Oceanborn said:
Water rules for specific scenarios
  • These rules affect all races
Even Sebeki?

Oceanborn
Posted: Sunday, Oct 10, 2010 at 4:47 AM
Sebeki are affected by the water rules, and Typhon by the heat rules - this is to keep it simple and ensure no race gets an undue advantage by being immune to scenario specific rules.

If you need to think about it in fluff terms, the water rules represent a Sebeki getting temporarily encumbered by the armour and by the time he gets himself sorted out the battle is over.

Fenrihr
Member: 92
Total Posts: 144
Posted: Monday, Oct 11, 2010 at 3:54 AM
Besides, I don't care how good a swimmer you are; 60+kg of metal armour would have anyone sitting at the bottom of the lake!!

---------------
Morituri Nolumus Mori.. - ..we who are about to die don't want to

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Monday, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:00 AM
Isn't 60+kilos the wieght of a light snack for sebeki?

Haha i actually kinda like the idea for the rules.

Oceanborn
Posted: Monday, Nov 01, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Registration for Cancon is now open, Online registration

I will be posting more information up about the tournament (specifically some of the scenarios) over the next few days. An update to the army building spreadsheet, including both Olympian rules and Wendigo available to date will be made once I have my hands on the Wendigo book.

Zepnix Wargames
Member: 1102
Total Posts: 67
Posted: Wednesday, Dec 01, 2010 at 4:11 AM
I'm getting some medallions made up as well as providing some vouchers for product. - so there'll be something nice to hang up in the games room, or wear to your local to demonstrate your prowess (or lack thereof).

As well as significant vouchers for all those who achieve the noteworthy awards, I'll be chucking a few minor "gifts" for all entrants.

So come on everyone... not only will it be awesome fun- there'll be quite a haul to take home...

---------------
-- Zepnix Wargames : The BEST supplier of Wargaming and Hobby Supplies in country Victoria www.zepnix.com - "Ivory (VP918), it's the new white!"

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 364
Posted: Sunday, Dec 05, 2010 at 8:45 PM
I'm coming along now :)

Northern invasion of 1... i think

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Oceanborn
Posted: Monday, Dec 06, 2010 at 3:01 PM
Excellent news - It will be good to see some of the Newcastle guys down for Cancon again...

It would also be nice to see people putting their entries in :-)

hazpak
Posted: Monday, Dec 06, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Unfortunately i can't speak for the others from newie - but my entry is in and army list will be in your email box shortly.

However, i do know that Rob will not be playing as he is running demo games

---------------

rabbitz
Member: 784
Total Posts: 52
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 07, 2010 at 1:16 AM
So wish i could make this, maybe next year when my army is painted

hazpak
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 07, 2010 at 5:07 PM
noone cares about an unpainted army - hopefully thats not whats stopping you

---------------

Oceanborn
Posted: Tuesday, Dec 07, 2010 at 5:28 PM
What hazpak said - if the only thing stopping you is an unpainted army, then you are still more than welcome to come along - alternatively you'd be more than welcome to borrow an army from me :-)

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy