Board » Miniature Painting, Conversions and Scenery

Posted By Topic » Painting Wendigo Help
Thom
Group: Site Member
Member: 1115
Total Posts: 7
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM
So last Historicon I bought an entire Wendigo Army. I have them all put together and the're ready to be primed but I having trouble on how to paint them. To be more specific, the fur is giving me trouble. I want that ice (light blue) looking fur that they have in the rule book. Any advise or links to guides would be most helpful.

fuzzyguy
Member: 58
Total Posts: 28
Posted: Monday, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I would start with a base coat of something like SpaceWolf Grey from GW or Fenris Grey. From that you could add a little white and dry brush up with more and more white added to your highlighted drybrush layers until you are up to pure white for your final highlights, or you could keep the same sort of colours and blend them up the same way. It would depend on your painting skills and how much time you want to spend on each model.

---------------
Lack of prior planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Mordante
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Monday, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM Edited on 2012-03-26 21:55:59.0
I did mine with blue horns highlighted with an ice blue Fur primed white, washed with a gray/black, drybrushed with white skin shaded from dark gray to light gray.

Not exactly what you are looking for but they look good and were fairly easy to do. ]

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Monday, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I'm at work i'll look at posting some pics up when i get home... what I did was a white undercoat then I watered down some blues and just did some wash layering in stages then highlighted the tips again with white... I think the mistake i made with the muscled area's on mine (i went with brown is i did 7 shades of brown but they are all so similar it kind of looks like the one colour

Thom
Member: 1115
Total Posts: 7
Posted: Monday, Apr 02, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Thanks for the advise! I should be starting on them this week.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy