Board » Miniature Painting, Conversions and Scenery

Posted By Topic » Painting colours for necropolis guard skin?
Nebseni Hammerhand
Group: Site Member
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Friday, Sep 17, 2010 at 6:00 PM
I was curious what colours were used to do the skin tones for the necropolis guard skin tones? I'm planning on painting mine up soon and like the effect in the storefront painted ones?

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3016
Posted: Saturday, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:50 AM
I can't find the Cynopolis City Dwellers article by Fitz, but I did come across this quote from the Great One:

You definitely want to paint the skin first, then the details on top. I painted mine with a base of dark flesh, and worked up several layers of highlights of white to get the chalky effect. I normally hate getting a chalky effect on the highlights, but in this case it worked really well. As for make-up, I'd suggest black, though very dark blue would work well for tatoos.

I'd guess the colors are similar, so it would be a simple matter of whatever works best for you within the above range of colors.

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

DaveL
Member: 18
Total Posts: 670
Posted: Saturday, Sep 18, 2010 at 8:18 AM Edited on 2010-09-18 08:19:28.0
A cached version, sans pictures, of the Anubi City Dwellers modification and painting article can be found at this URL:

City Dwellers Conversion Article

I would suspect both the City Dwellers and the Necropolis Guard would have similar skin tones.

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Saturday, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:40 PM
Thanks. Those should get me started.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy