Board » Miniature Painting, Conversions and Scenery

Posted By Topic » Need proxy ideas for Isis Harbinger
Anstpuppet
Group: Site Member
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Okay so I am trying to put together a Dispossessed warband and I cannot seem to find a suitable model for a Harbinger of Isis. Does anyone have any ideas? Unfortunately I don't date back to the limited edition Isis Harb from years ago. I don't want a tiny Harbinger for this warband as it is intended to be a demo army to entice people into playing Wargods.

Ducat
Member: 768
Total Posts: 148
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:39 PM
you could try reaper, they are decent prices for single minis -

use female in the search engine, though this looks nice -

link

Anstpuppet
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Ducat, thanks for the link to that mini. I have a few reaper figs, unfortunately they are all too small. I will see if I can find that one at a store so I can compare size. I guess it is time to keep an Asar spearman in the car for nerd shop trips.

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 363
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM
http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebsite_html/gallery/e_1163_Royalbodyguard.htm

theres also that model ~ Egyptian body gaurd ~ that i have seen on a certain auction site....

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Anstpuppet
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Thanks Hazpak, that is a very cool model. Though I know my painting ability would never do it justice.

Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Thursday, Mar 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM
A quick Ebay search under Wargames for "Amazon" also shows a few miniatures that might be appropriate, depending on your tastes.

Or, you can always add a shield to the current Priestess of Isis, or possibly do a weapon swap (or add a shield) to the current Asar Heroine.

-Alex in Alaska

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 363
Posted: Thursday, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I never thought of Amazons.. look at Freebooters Fate amazon range - Yolcameh looks like a nice fit

As an aside Occepa would fit nicely into a unit of citydwellers of sobek....

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:02 AM
I've done what I think is a very nice one by doing a head swap on the Heru Warmaiden, using the head off the Heru aligned female Asar mistress of words.

I'll have to do up a photo...

Swiss Toni
King of Troy
Member: 79
Total Posts: 143
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:04 AM
You could try asking Croc to re-release the old out-of-producation Isis Harbinger figure.

Anstpuppet
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM
@ Alxbates Certainly a good idea, but as I have already have let a ton of Amazons creep into my Spartan collection. Mostly stuff from Fenryll, Kabuki, and Hassleefree. I would like to keep my Aegyptians looking nominally Egyptian and my Olympians looking nominally Greek. But again great idea, I will try it and hope for some more Egyptian looking models.

I will look at the conversion/addition ideas with the two Isis characters. I had not thought of that.

As a side note Alex do you still sell your turtle shields? I will be back to working on Sebeki soon enough and I really dig those but last I looked on your site I could not find them for purchase.

@ Hazpak

I really dig Yolcameh. Not sure for this warband, but I could certainly use that fig, even if only to have it. And good call on Occepa. I have had her on my Sebeki wishlist/future purchases plan for a bit.

@ Nebseni Hammerhead

That conversion sounds very cool. I would certainly love to see pics of that.

@ Swiss Toni

Not a bad idea. That being said.................

Hello oh great and powerful Osiris, any chance of getting that model rereleased?

Thanks for all the posts everyone. I really appreciate it. It is also good to see some life on the boards lately.

Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Anstpuppet said:
@ Alxbates

As a side note Alex do you still sell your turtle shields? I will be back to working on Sebeki soon enough and I really dig those but last I looked on your site I could not find them for purchase. .

Yup, I've still got the turtle-shell shields. I started up my own thing - Forge of Ice. I'm doing lost world themed stuff - the website is incomplete (and has been for quite a long time), but I've got a list posted here:

http://forum54.oli.us/index.php/topic,6610.0.html

Anstpuppet
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Thanks Alex, I appreciate it. A pity I was not around back in the Sebeki Crypt Lord days, or not paying attention if I was. I will likely order some things the next time I have spare cash. I love buying from boutique companies, your wares are interesting, and you seem like a good dude. I love the Pterro-man. Super cool stuff.

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3016
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I've thought about Oceppa as a Citydweller Harb of Sobek, but there are way too many rather projects in line before a totally new war and...

The Warlord line from Reaper has a dark elf sorceress that looks like a good stznd-in for an evil Isis Harb, I'll try to get some pics of her up in the next few days. She looks like she'd fit well with a Nekharu heavy force.

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Ducat
Member: 768
Total Posts: 148
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM
this might be the one -

link here

Anstpuppet
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM
@ CBP3

I looked through the warlord Dark Elven Sorceresses. Some are very cool but none particularly strike my fancy.

@ Ducat

The one you posted is definitely in the running. That one and the Dark Sword one posted by Hazpak from Dark Sword seem to be neck and neck for the lead with the Freebooter one that Hazpak posted certainly in the running.

I also really dig this one but I fear she may be too small as well. Certainly all of the ones in the running will make awesome character models.

Karameikos
Member: 1666
Total Posts: 53
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM
This one might be a good fit, but as I have it, I know she's a bit petite. A chariot may help to compensate.

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Celtos/The%20Sidhe/CLT-106-content.html

That said, this line had a bit of scale drift between their early releases and later ones, so these others may be larger and could work with a mod or two. I don't personally have these three, and I'm basing the scale drift comment on the fact that with the Gael series, the first couple of 3 packs for each type of troop were significantly smaller than each of their third installments. Some of the Gael hero figures were larger than the standard types as well, but while they matched up well with the standard Wargods rank and file, and even their captains, they were not so large as Asar Harbingers.

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Celtos/The%20Sidhe/CLT-130.html

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Celtos/The%20Sidhe/CLT-132.html

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Celtos/The%20Sidhe/CLT-118.html

---------------
"Muddy water, let stand, becomes clear." -- Lao-tzu

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy