Board » Miniature Painting, Conversions and Scenery

Posted By Topic » What ever happened to the old terrain line?
Anstpuppet
Group: Site Member
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Saturday, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM
I was link hopping on Frothers the last couple of days in my spare time. I ran into this article http://www.frothersunite.com/files/wk/sc/tb/tbscenery/tbscenery.html and it makes me wonder. What ever happened to the Croc selling terrain? Is that stuff still out there under a different company name? Is there still some of it in the forgotten tombs of the Croc's complex? Inquiring nerds, or at least this one, want to know.

Wyatt the Odd
Member: 1073
Total Posts: 135
Posted: Saturday, Feb 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I'm guessing that it was hard to get these Chinese-made scenery pieces at a wholesale price. As it is, you can get most of them off Amazon for reasonable prices.

hazpak
Member: 194
Total Posts: 363
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM
also find stuff on a certain auction site ;)

I have seen most of the croc stuff also in a local craft/op shops

Hirst arts also has some relevant moulds if you are willing to spend a bit of time casting and glueing etc

---------------
There is no spoon - just sporks

Anstpuppet
Member: 888
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Yeah I have plenty of Hirst art moulds, just little time to work with them due to two businesses, grad school, and taking care of my 21 month old son.

I did not realize that the old Croc stuff was mass produced/mass market stuff. I guess having Croc sculpts next to them plus a failing memory made those pieces look better than what they actually were. On the plus side that means Croc stuff can make everything better.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy