|Posted By||Topic » Leviathan 2012|
Posted: Friday, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Well, now that we're all recovered from Cancon, it's time to think about Leviathan.
It's 14th and 15th April at Quakers Hill high school.
My current thought on the theme is the Heb Sed festival. I should have a 'blurb' in the next few days.
Hopefully this will be of interest. :)
Posted: Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Baring the unforeseen, I intend making to Leviathan - so look forward ot seeing what you have planned for us.
Posted: Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM
at this stage i'm looking to play fantasy but if there are 7+ players I'll go for wargods instead.
Posted: Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Right now I have no idea. I've basically cancelled my trip to the Easter Orienteering Carnival in Queensland, but I have a family engagement to fit in somewhere, and have no dates for that yet.
Put me down as a possible.
Posted: Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:29 AM — Edited on 2012-02-20 02:31:23.0
Here's the first draft blurb. Two things to note : first is it's a one day comp followed by an independent one day skirmish game. Second, borrowing from one of the rules questions threads, is to limit the equipment you can carry to 5 'hands' worth.
What do people think?
Heb Sed : The Jubilee
Every thirty years, Pharaoh demonstrated his strength, his fitness and his right to rule through the Heb Sed festival.
The festival renewed the Pharaoh and renewed the land, for the land and the Pharaoh are one. But the pharaoh is dead and the land is divided. Many contenders vie for the throne of the Great House and the land suffers.
The priests have conclaved and decided that even without a pharaoh, the festival must be performed. As representatives of both the gods and their children, Harbingers have been selected by their temples to compete in these trials and prove their strength.
Each will compete to try and renew the land and maybe, somehow, bring a measure of peace.
A one day Wargods of Aegyptus Tournament.
Saturday 14 April 2012.
Contact Barry by email: email@example.com
Warband lists must be submitted to the organiser prior to the event either via PM on the crocodile forum http://www.crocodilegames.com/ or email : (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tournament details: • Warbands can be up to, but not exceeding 1500pts (following all the restrictions as per the Rulebook).
• Your Harbinger or equivalent may be Ka 1 or Ka 2 at normal cost.
• Warbands may be designed using rules as published up to one week before the convention.
• Equipment should be close to What You See Is What You Get (Armour may be one grade higher than appears on the mini, any shield may be called Large by paying the points, all weapons should be correctly represented except Javelins & Throwing-clubs).
• Miniatures do not have to be fully painted but at least assembled, undercoated and securely based (movement trays are advised).
• Warband lists must be submitted to the organiser prior to the event. Random elements (such as Spells, Artifex items, Abomination mutations & Crypt Lord powers) will be generated by the organiser on submission of the list and be the same across the tournament.
• Heavy armour may not be taken in combination with a shield.
• You can equip any character with a maximum of five 'hands' of equipment. Hand weapon, 2nd hand weapon, shield, javelins, throwing clubs or spear count as one 'hand'. Double handed weapon, polearm, bow, sling count as two 'hands'. For example, you could equip with hand weapon, shield, bow and javelins.
• Ka levels may be acquired throughout the tournament via victory in Provocation (as per the Rulebook). Acquired Ka powers will be determined randomly by the organiser. Where the player does not bring the miniature(s) for particular powers (ie Guardian Shadows, Favoured of Bast, Aspect of Horus - Defender/Avenger, Call Phantom Warriors, Create Beasts, The Stone Colossus, Aspect of Set - Hunter) they will get the lowest numbered power they do not already have.
• Earth's Farewell (or the Thoth Ka power 8 : Flight or similar) cannot be used to enter melee. It can only be used to make passing attacks. You must end of your move at least 1" away from all enemy or neutral models.
• Additional information will be posted to the Crocodile Games forums at http://www.crocodilegames.com/
• I have several Loan armies I can make available if requested including Asar, Eater of the Dead, Sebeki, ToTanem, Basti/Isis and Anubi.
• Depending on numbers, Prizes will be awarded for: o Champion of Ra : awarded to the player with the highest combination of final Ka rating, "battle" score, "sportsmanship" score & "aesthetic" score. o Champion of Horus : awarded to the player with the highest "battle" score. o Champion of Bast : this will cover overall aesthetics from the perspective of painting, conversions and theme. To be eligible for this prize, 90% of the mini's must be painted with more than 3 colours (black, white & grey primer do not count) and at least 75% of the mini's must be Crocodile Games miniatures. o A player will be eligible to win one prize only.
Raiders of the Lost Ark!
Sunday 15th April 2012
A one day skirmish extravaganza including Jungle! Pyramids! Zombie Pygmies! Crocodiles! Hippos! An Underground labyrinth and an elephant named Stampy! (BYO cream buns.)
Vile, wretched Nekharu and their stygian masters have stolen an ark containing valuable and magically powerful ritual items from the great temple of Ra.
The High Priest of your god has summoned you and ordered its recovery.
After many quests, hard fighting and harder marching, the trail leading ever southwards past the cataracts and into the jungles beyond Nubia, you are within sight of your goal.
Your warband has been reduced to a shadow of its former strength but you have almost reached the resting place of the Ark.
Great will be the glory for the one who recovers the Lost Ark!
Create a legal 1500 point Wargods army with a Ka 1 or Ka 2 harbinger using the constraints for saturday's game and from that list select 500 points of warriors, heros, beasts and monsters to accompany your harbinger in this quest.
Note : Chariots and jungle don't mix. Leave them at home.
Also note : Just to be absolutely clear here : The 500 points of your skirmish list does include the cost of your harbinger and equipment.
There will be a prize for the one who recovers the ark.
It may include cake.
Posted: Monday, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Barry - just one quibble. should not javelins be two hands not one? since you have 3 to carry its usually one in one hand (to use) and the other two in the other.
Posted: Tuesday, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Or have a quiver of them on your back.
Main reason I made them one handed is IIRC you can use them with a shield.
Any opinions on the idea of the one day comp and one day skirmish? Good? Bad?
Posted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:39 AM
Well i have it on good authority that the cake is not a lie and it will be moist... how can you refuse?
Posted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I like the addition of the 5 hands worth of stuff. I’m also a big fan of your ruling on Earth’s Farewell.
For the skirmish games I am assuming (based on your previous skirmish level games) that the usual rules for minimum sized units and the need for character slots get thrown out the window when choosing which 500pts worth of troops you take? So long as the parent list’s 1500pts worth are legal?
Overall, I think the idea of the one day battles/one day skirmish is interesting. The advert for the skirmish games make them sound intriguing
Posted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:21 PM — Edited on 2012-02-23 18:22:16.0
Quick thought that suddenly crossed my mind...
How will a Titan warband fit into the 500pt skirmish games? Given a Titan overlord is 420-445pts (as Ka 1 or 2) by himself... and a single Slave is 60pts...
...also, are you intending on carrying over any ka level increases and/or great deeds from Day 1 into Day 2?
Posted: Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Hi Fenrihr. The intent was to make the saturday and sunday games independent. I don't mind if you want to carry over ka level increases (which will add the appropriate points to your harbinger's cost)
I'll assign an arbitrary cost of 5 pts for each great deed.
Titans don't really work. Aside from the points issue, they can't really fit into the labyrinth. Even using a Titan MAster as leader, they're just too _big_.
So I'm sorry, but titans are not suitable to at least this particular skirmish game.
Posted: Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Running the two days independant of each other is good... I just wasn't sure.
Posted: Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Missed a previous set of questions: Yes, the 500 pt skirmish warband does not need to worry about minimum unit sizes, character slots etc so long as the source warband is legal.
Posted: Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Since the 2 days are independent of each other will they be separate events for the entry form? Or will it be enter for 2 days of wargods?
As I may only get to the saturday
Posted: Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 3:56 AM
well i'm registering for fantasy at the end of the week if this isn't up to at least 7 other registrants, hope to hear we get a bunch coming.
Posted: Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:09 AM
(sigh) It's, very quiet.
I've been working on scenarios and props but we're three weeks out and only one firm commitment... it's looking a little grim.