Board » Hyperborea

Posted By Topic » Frost Maidens
tombking
Group: Site Member
Member: 1125
Total Posts: 87
Posted: Friday, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM
bring the frost maidens first. I have heard more interest in the frost maiden than the war Sled at my FLGS

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Friday, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM Edited on 2012-06-15 11:17:03.0
Yup, Frostmaidens!

I disagree about provocation use, respectfully of course. Even if the Harbingers are in Provocation the warband still uses their command rating for the edge roll. So, anything that helps their command rating or gives them more Defy Fates should be allowable. The Ice Witch is insane brittle and allowing her to sacrifice maidens while in provo makes her stronger, which she NEEDS to be, but it doesn't make her broken. When I said "game changing" I meant it changes the game from being one where Ice Witches are easily crushed by opposing Harbingers to one where they are almost equal. Remember, if Ice Maidens cannot be sacrificed for Defy Fate in provocation, then not only has the Ice Witch & the Maidens become weaker, so too has the War Altar. By that same argument all Defy Fates gained from the War Altar should not be allowed to be used in provocation because they were gained by something on the battlefield that is not the Harbinger.

Fluff-wise I like that the Battle-Sage, Strategos, Ice-Maidens, & War Altar can all affect provocation. In the end Wargods is just that a War/Battle of the gods. The gods send their children to fight for them, so when two children fight in provocation on the field of battle it is the closest to god on god fighting the Antedelluvian Age witnesses. In my opinion, the gods will be pulling out all the stops to make sure their child wins.

Again, just my 2 cents. House rules are great, we have some and I would never presume to tell anyone what their house rules should be. Everybody's playgroup is different.

I need to reread the provocation rule, but I believe the rule states the provocation is not affected by ongoing battle effects, like creeping darkness.

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Also just to reiterate as from the other thread we had the kickstarter suggestion I would be willing to put money towards a kickstarter to see these hit the production lines.

Mordante
Member: 1205
Total Posts: 90
Posted: Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Me too. I just pledges $50 to Kings of War, because I'd like to see them expand the way they are hoping to, even though I've only played it 4 times. Great game. Just think what I'd pledge for this game, which I play regularly and love.

tombking
Member: 1125
Total Posts: 87
Posted: Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Couldnt agree with u guys more on the kickstarter. This is one of the best way for the fans to show support for the games they love and get all the releases they want. Mantic is a perfect example at the moment of what kickstarter can do.

Alxbates
The Sundered Phalanges of Doom
Member: 36
Total Posts: 2415
Posted: Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Priest of Poseidon said:
Oh yes, and I vote for frostmaidens too.
Fifth'ed!

:)

-Alex

(Although the war sled would also be awesome...)

PaulCG1969
Member: 1573
Total Posts: 38
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 04, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Hopefully some of the Amazons will have two hand weapons. Might be able to use them as frost maidens till the frost maidens come available.

---------------
Id rather be lucky than good.

altfritz
Member: 131
Total Posts: 17
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Osiris said:
I'm planning on starting either the Frostmaidens or the War Sled this winter.

Frostmaidens can take no extra equipment other than a standard and musician.

Hey Osiris,

Did these ever make it to the corks?

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM
altfritz said:
Osiris said:
I'm planning on starting either the Frostmaidens or the War Sled this winter.

Frostmaidens can take no extra equipment other than a standard and musician.

Hey Osiris,

Did these ever make it to the corks?

Nope, they had to be shelved during our financial crunch. I'm hoping to get these back on the schedule after the kickstarter stuff is fulfilled.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy