Posted By Topic » Kickstarter beta rules olympus
Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 16, 2019 at 2:58 AM
Nebseni Hammerhand said:
Another question, for the amazon lancers (Raiders), as they are armed with spears, are they able to fight in two ranks in the same way as spear armed infantry do?
Good question -- no, only the front rank can fight. I'll add a clarification to their entry.

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1665
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 16, 2019 at 3:03 AM
Nebseni Hammerhand said:
A thought on the amazon horse archers: Should they be able to evade? And further, make a 'parthian shot' while evading?

Also, should Amazon demigods have the option for being mounted as there appears to be the possibility of them running a completely mounted force? (Or is Penthesila a specific exception?)

Yes, an amazon Demigod can have a horse. I'll need to find a place to specifically state it in their warband section for the next revision.

Oceanborn
Group: Site Member
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 16, 2019 at 3:18 AM
Osiris said:
Nebseni Hammerhand said:
A thought on the amazon horse archers: Should they be able to evade? And further, make a 'parthian shot' while evading?

Also, should Amazon demigods have the option for being mounted as there appears to be the possibility of them running a completely mounted force? (Or is Penthesila a specific exception?)

Yes, an amazon Demigod can have a horse. I'll need to find a place to specifically state it in their warband section for the next revision.
Maybe in the mounted rules (alongside heroes and champions)?

Nebseni Hammerhand
Member: 231
Total Posts: 1378
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 16, 2019 at 7:02 PM
Chris. I see your point on the horse archers.

A further thought on cavalry in general, should they share the chariot rule about being able to freely disengage from enemies to flank or rear?

Trying to raise for consideration as many contingencies as possible before the rules go to print

Wolf
Member: 937
Total Posts: 59
Posted: Thursday, Jan 17, 2019 at 1:09 AM Edited on 2019-01-18 11:47:17.0
Will there still be rules for creating a custom city state? The Demi-god creation rules have it listed under the city state restrictions but I’m not seeing the option anywhere in the city states section.

*Edit* Also not seeing rules for Heralds and Musicians anywhere. The different factions say they can add them to units but I cannot find costs etc. anywhere in this sample (I know they can be found in one of the Croc Tales issues but they should be in here somewhere too).

---------------
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Sunday, Jan 20, 2019 at 7:33 PM
Standards and musicians would be as per the wargods of aegyptus rules. Standards give +1 vs rout saves, musicians +1 vs disorder and they cost 10pts each

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Wednesday, Jan 23, 2019 at 2:16 AM
A further thought. If a amazon demigod is mounted should she have the option for mounted bodyguards?

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Thursday, Jan 24, 2019 at 3:28 AM
Been looking at the restrictions on demigods in different city states: the restrictions on pg 78 dont always match the restrictions in the city state warband notes. Specific examples amazons and zeus, athens and ares, myceane, significant discrepancies, sparta : dinonysis, trojan : athena. Corinth is fine.

The 'custom' city state information will be interesting.

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Friday, Jan 25, 2019 at 7:03 PM
Spells like spikey ground being written before cavalry where a thing do they interact like a unit (meaning failing only on a 10 in most cases with move save) or do they interact like a charriot? Taking 1/2 dice tests at 5 depending on speed?

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Friday, Jan 25, 2019 at 7:29 PM
Does the new heavy armour requirement to be in a chariot apply to aegyptus?

Oceanborn
Member: 67
Total Posts: 622
Posted: Sunday, Jan 27, 2019 at 3:52 PM
Can the stat lines for all demigod please be checked, as they don't match the standard progressions (specifically a Corinthian hero has a higher disc than a Corinthian demigod, and the Athenian demigod has the same stat line as mycenean)

Also, is the paymaster meant to have 2 wounds? If not he is significantly overpriced.

Nebseni Hammerhand
Posted: Sunday, Jan 27, 2019 at 5:52 PM
I suspect the Centaur hero is over statted or undercosted, The progression for the number of attacks from warrior to champion to hero is atypical.

That said, he was MIGHTY.

Fenrihr
Member: 92
Total Posts: 144
Posted: Monday, Jan 28, 2019 at 6:55 AM
A quick chicken and egg question about the Paymaster’s ‘mercenary’ rule…

In a non-Corinthian army, would a Paymaster be able to count the Corinthian hoplite unit that provided his character slot as the “one additional allied or mercenary unit” allowed under his ‘mercenary’ special rule?

And just for clarity’s sake, I am also assuming that any character (such as the above paymaster) purchased with the “one additional” unit’s character slot must still be paid for out of the regular allied/mercenary allowance. Yes?

---------------
Morituri Nolumus Mori.. - ..we who are about to die don't want to

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy