Board » Aegyptus

Posted By Topic » Semi-official equivalents for the "other" system's models?
Schistosomiasis
Group: Site Member
Member: 1482
Total Posts: 16
Posted: Saturday, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Hi, all. I am wondering if there might be a semi-official conversion for using the "other" system's sort of models, e.g. big flying undead vultures, big animated statues, swarms of scarabs, and giant scorpions, in Wargods of Aegyptus? Should I be looking on the "old forum"?

I ask since I already have quite a lot of the "other" manufacturer's stuff, but am no longer interested in using their system...

Thanks!

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Saturday, Jun 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Just make sure the base size is the same as what you would like to represent and somewhat in theme. Tonmb King Ushabti can make decent Abominations since it can be on a 25mm x 50mm, or 40mm square.

Tomb Kings transitions really well into Eater of the Dead. Though I do thinkg Croc EOD has much more character than even GW's new TK stuff and sculpts are just as nice.

Dwaves make good To-Tanem, High Elves good Heru, Dark Elves good Typhon. Use what you need to get into the game.

Croc's models will soon follow after you've played a few games. They're irresistible!

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

Schistosomiasis
Posted: Saturday, Jun 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Thanks, I do already have some Croc. models, but was hoping to put my TK models (alongside some historicals) to use in a fantasy context, i.e. with WoE. If the corresponding WoE troop types exist, then I can have the TK stuff "count as" them.

However, in case some TK models do not have very direct equivalents in WoE, I am still wondering if anybody might have worked out some equivalencies using WoE characteristics?

Myth
Member: 1109
Total Posts: 50
Posted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM
A friend of mine uses a unit of Anubi warriors as his Tomb Guard. I like the Eater heroes better than some of the TK characters and the Arc with the Priest of Aten makes a better Altar of Souls in my opinion. Now the Warsphinx model would make an amazing stone statue for a Priest of Ptah.

Did you just say that the Heru are High Elves? How *dare* you sir?! The Heru have to much self respect to join the Pointy Hat Brigade!!!

(As a Chaos Dwarf player it was a hat-trick pulling off that insult)

Schistosomiasis
Posted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Thanks, Myth! Actually, I am thinking of going in the other direction. With the jump in price (and, in my opinion, drop in quality) of GW's newer army books, I was going to take what TK stuff I already have, and find a way to use it in Wargods of Aegyptus.

However, I wasn't sure about how I might use models like skeleton horse archers, Carrion, Giant Scorpions, Ushabti, Bone Giants, and scarab swarms in Wargods.

RatBot
Member: 1480
Total Posts: 14
Posted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:07 PM Edited on 2011-06-12 12:09:20.0
Myth said:
(As a Chaos Dwarf player it was a hat-trick pulling off that insult)
I groaned and lol'ed.

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 1:50 PM
The scarab swarms could be used as Scarab Swarms (rules in Croc tales 1). I think the carrion might work for the Witch spell with the vultures...

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

Myth
Posted: Sunday, Jun 12, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Ratbot! ;)

RobPro
Member: 1291
Total Posts: 13
Posted: Thursday, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM
Trying to get my things together for the world campaign finale at gencon. will models from other systems be allowed if they are appropriately painted/modeled and you are using a good number of actual crocodile games minis as well?

Akenatum
Member: 1207
Total Posts: 174
Posted: Friday, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:31 AM
works for eater mostly, you could use the bone giant for a scarab ogre....

Osiris
Chief Croc, Lord Octoblob
Group: Administrator
Member: 2
Total Posts: 1666
Posted: Friday, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:24 AM
RobPro said:
Trying to get my things together for the world campaign finale at gencon. will models from other systems be allowed if they are appropriately painted/modeled and you are using a good number of actual crocodile games minis as well?
Yeah, models from other companies are OK for the campaign game, so long as they are appropriate. Hope you can make it!

RobPro
Posted: Friday, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM
I had a blast last year and I am on track to attend GenCon again this year. Just trying to get everything in order so I have something respectable to put on the table.

Am I allowed to play and submit results for the world campaign missions released in May if I start in June?

Akori
Member: 577
Total Posts: 715
Posted: Friday, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:46 AM
By all means, all scenarios are fair game for the World Campaign. The victor gains 3 points for his faction, loser 0. The 2 Monthly scenarios we provide gain 5 points for the victor's faction, as long as neither player has played the scenario. If one, or both, have played it then 3 points are gained for the victor's faction.

Scenarios from Croc Tales, the rulebook, or past Harbinger articles are all acceptable and 3 pointers for the victor. If anyone has ideas for scenarios, we encourage you to e-mail them to us, you'll gain bonus renown & we may be able to use them. Please e-mail them to the same e-mail for registering warbands and reprting battle reports: crocworldcampaign@gmail.com

Also, players are welcome to play others within their faction any of the non-campaign scenarios. No Faction points will be gained, but renown is gained as normal.

I was at the finale last year as well and will be there this year too (as To-tanem, or Titan?). I was the Anubi Harbinger with all the Shadow Warriors fighting Echidna! Which Harbinger, or Demigod, were you?

---------------
Slayer of the Minotaur Lord of Knossos (S.D. '10), Savior of Calydon (S.D. '11)

CBP3
High Tethru Investigator
Member: 55
Total Posts: 3018
Posted: Friday, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM
RobPro said:
.... will models from other systems be allowed if they are appropriately painted/modeled and you are using a good number of actual crocodile games minis as well?
Over the years I've had 3 non-Croc Harbingers for my Eater of the Dead warbands. It's good to have variety for big-time characters.

---------------
http://minismithsforge.blogspot.com/ http://shefdumabuki.blogspot.com/

RobPro
Posted: Saturday, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM
I just found out about the game at gencon. I picked up a starter Sebeki force and a few cat people to throw sticks for support, but Deb was nice enough to let me borrow her army for the world event.

My name is Rob, so they paired me up against Bob.

Myth
Posted: Tuesday, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Rob Vs. Bob: A Sob Story.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy