Board » Croc Events

Posted By Topic » Demo at Red Knight Games 5th April
SlowLoris
Group: Site Member
Member: 603
Total Posts: 306
Posted: Tuesday, Apr 05, 2016 at 7:13 AM
Greetings All

Red Knight Games in Ramsgate, Kent are hosting a demo tonight.

Selene the Slaughterer, Demi God of Artemis, will be hoping to deliver a pasting to an invading warband of Typhon and Nekharu!

Once again she'll be leading a force of Mycenaeans and some booze fuelled forest companions (assuming they turn up)!

We hope to put on a few more Wargods nights in the run up to the release of Olympus, if your interested please get in touch, you are very welcome to join us.

Cheers

Stu

SlowLoris
Posted: Sunday, Apr 10, 2016 at 3:16 PM Edited on 2016-04-10 15:29:41.0
Greetings again All

We had an excellent evening, many thanks to Ash, Lee and the mysteriously unilateral hecklings of 'Panda' Mike.

Special thanks to Red Knight Mike for being such a gracious host.

We took a some snaps tp share with you...

Here you can see the Minotaur bravely racing down the right flank while the Typhon Harb bravely hides behind a rock.

Here's a closer look, the Minotaur's progress was severely hampered by the Typhon Master of words, giving the Nekharu time to manoeuvre themselves to avoid a flank charge. They would go on to win this fight.

This is a shot of the Flesh Hulk following the classic, advance, advance, advance, charge,fight, explode course. The Mycenaean phalanx stood up to him better than expected, only losing a couple of lads off the back rank.

The provocation; after ineffectually pinging a couple of shots at her enemy Selene moved a a threatening position on the centre high ground, her enemy mirrored her and charged in. This was a tough fight, despite activating 'Toughness of the Boar' for +2 ARM Selene lost half her wounds in the first exchange. The battle went on for another two rounds until she spent her last KA point to switch to 'Fangs of the Wolf' with 1 wound left. The extra DM2 attack finished off her opponent, Cheers briefly ring out on the Olympian side of the table!

Then we realise, The Typhon Harb has 'The Serpent's Strike meaning he would have got a single attack in before getting drubbed! The single dice was rolled, a hit scored and an armour roll failed! Cheers ring out on the Aegyptian side of the table!

None of the Greek units routed, including the Satyrs who would usually have fled by now. This meant the Harb, with one wound remaining, found himself on top of a hill (beautifully silhouetted against the sky) faced by what remained of the Satyrs and a unit of Slingers. Death came swiftly and after a couple more rounds the remains of the two war bands called it a draw...

Great game, very enjoyable, we plan to do it again next Tuesday, please get in touch if you'd like to come along, you'll be most welcome

Cheers

Stu

Alcibia
Member: 35
Total Posts: 185
Posted: Sunday, Apr 10, 2016 at 3:27 PM
Thanks for sharing! Beautiful miniatures too!

Ducat
Member: 768
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Thursday, Apr 28, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Hey Stu. Bet it took longer to blow the dust off the figures than play the game lol.

only joking. I really need to get a meet up for some aegyptus fun this year...

I will try and find when I have a free tuesday (I believe there may be one very soon) and drag Osiris's boys along....

SlowLoris
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 at 1:34 PM Edited on 2016-05-06 13:35:03.0
Hey John

We are well overdue a dust up!

Let me know which Tuesday you're free and we'll get organised, there are a few extra players now and also more Greeks for you to challenge.

We should also maybe fix the shed up and have a few games in there?

Take it easy I'll be in touch soon.

Cheers

Stu

Ducat
Member: 768
Total Posts: 152
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2016 at 2:16 PM
Man of much notice....its this coming tuesday, the 10th.

I will try to speak sunday night.

If not I will turn up anyway for a look in.

Create Account | Visiting As: guest (US) | Log In
Terms of Service | Content & Artwork Copyright © 2010 Crocodile Games. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy